Do you think Axl might be better off actually going to the induction ceremony?

Bobbo

John will be back when he is in poverty again.

He's got publishing money & years of touring under his belt plus endorsement deals. People who follow the RHCP know his name, I think leaving after Stadium Arcadium & the tour was just time for him to do other things. He's worked with them for 2 decades, maybe he just felt it was time to do something else because he doesn't want to make his solo career a side project anymore.

Plus if he does rejoin, it boosts the band's ticket sales. I don't know how many miles they have left in them, same with Janes Addiction. I guess you keep going until no one shows up, or can't physically do it.

It is frustrating for the band to have to work with someone else and have them get to know the songs, but it's Flea and Anthony's band, and sometimes having fresh blood in the band tends to help. Chad Smith might enjoy playing Chickenfoot more than being in RHCP at this point in his life for all we know.

Yeah he might be well off this time. Three hit albums will make him set for life. Josh has been touring with the band for years, so he knows all the songs.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure he should show up...why not?

Except the award,be gracious about it.

Jam...

Then Axl goes out on tour with nuGnR,Slash goes out on his tour.

Done deal...

Original band gets the accolades they deserve,everyone moves on.

yeah in an ideal world

and then reality hits and the media machine gets fired up and the outcry from the general public builds and Axl contemplates or maybe retaliates

and then you got a whole other beast to deal with

sure , it's just that easy

Do you think Axl would have liked the induction to never happen for Gn'R, or does he thinks it's good for the history or 'legend' of the band?

I thought I had a pretty good guess to answer this, but after thinking about it now, I really don't know.

Do you think Axl would have liked the induction to never happen for Gn'R, or does he thinks it's good for the history or 'legend' of the band?

I thought I had a pretty good guess to answer this, but after thinking about it now, I really don't know.

Probably. Let's hope he does the right thing for the sake of Gn'R legacy.

How important is any award or accolade to an artist after 25 years? It's being recognized for a body of work.

Legacy is having your songs taught in schools, kids picking up an electric guitar and figuring chords out, hearing something and being inspired by it. There's no award that substitutes feeling. What people took away from seeing GNR live, then or now -that's the true legacy - the memories people have of seeing or hearing them and feeling something strong and passionate about it.

I think it's good for the legacy of the band being in the Hall of Fame, and by Axl showing up, stops anyone else from doing the songs. I could see Axl, Slash,and Duff agreeing not to perform, and not letting anyone else perform. I don't think there would be any drama, it would be polite and a little awkward.