Do you think Axl might be better off actually going to the induction ceremony?

Bobbo

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sweet Tooth

I think Axl showing up with the old guns will tarnish everything he is trying for with the band... I think Axl and the boys will have something "coincidentally" planned during the ceremony that will not allow Axe-man to be there but perhaps he will do some live webcam stream where he accepts the award that way, just a quick nod and a see ya later! Hopefully he has something that might rival the RNRHOF ceremony... like a CD2 announcement or something, something massive that will make people look at current guns rather than the guns of yesterdays.

To quote Jarmo on this situation

Whatever Axl chooses to do, it's up to him. It doesn't have to mean A or B. For example: Just because you go to a high school reunion, and hang out for one evening, doesn't mean you'll start spending more time with the old friends. And if you decide not to go, doesn't mean you'll never see them.

/jarmo

:shrugs:

As Slash once said, Axl can do whatever the fuck he wants, he just does not give a shit.

He knows fans want him to reunite with the old band, and he himself said he could probably do it with Slash and Duff. So it would be half a reunion, therefore pointless.

I think the ceremony will be a letdown for fans but at least I get to see the Chili Peppers there along with original drummer Jack Irons and pay tribute to Hillel Slovak. I find it meaningful because those two bands were playing in the same clubs. I think they saw each other play, Flea used to play with Steven Adler when they were kids, Slash would go see the band jam. Axl and been photographed with her band in 1991. GN'R was envied because their debut album sold more than their first four albums combined. They were working on the Uplift Mofo Party Plan their third and their breakout album and their final album with Slovak. I think Slovak was the second most influential and inspiring new guitarist next to Slash in the L.A. scene at the time. It was a shame how he went.

it just gives people false hope and media will start up the reunion witch hunt again.

"The reunion witch hunt" never stopped, and I don't see it ever stopping regardless.

I just feel not showing up will have more consequences. The media and fans will bash, poke on how petty he comes off as, especially if they're all there but him.

Maybe just doing a one of show would be cool. Give people what they want, that's my motto.

Yes, I think he is better off going. Then no one can accuse him of being the guy who ruined it by not showing up. I suspect the media and some fans would be even more harsh if he didn't show up than they would if he appeared, played a couple songs with the old lineup, and a reunion never materialized. Just my two cents.

Edited by Locke

One of the main arguments against Axl NOT attending the induction ceremony, let alone performing a song or two with the old band for old time's sake is that "it will kill what he's trying to accomplish with the nu band".

Ehh...idk if I buy into that, as I really believe not attending will do more harm than good. Take a look at comments at GNR outside these forums. Such as articles about GNR on Blabbermouth. The general outlook on the nu band isn't that strong anyways. Love it or hate it, people and the media will always want the people who helped Axl make GNR what it is back in the band. It will never change, regardless if he attends or not. You will always get the "this isn't GNR" comments. And the worry can easily be calmed if Axl communicated with the fanbase and assured them that this is a one night thing for a special occasion.

However, if everybody who's inducted show up except Axl and Dizzy, it's gonna make Axl look like a whiny bitter shitbird (as portrayed by the media of course, which will then snowball out of control). Seriously. The backlash and criticism he would get for it would be so much worse than if he actually let go of what happened in 1996, and threw the fans a bone for one night.

Just my opinion on it. What's yours?

To not go because you don't like someone that you once worked with is kind of ridiculous.

Irving Azoff's prob. going to be there because he's an industry bigwig that's friends with Don Henley, I'm sure he's not looking forward to seeing him there either.

Getting back together only helps them all, even if it's just for that night.

They should do it for the fans. It's not me, not you, but millions of persons all over the world. There are millions of people that never had the chance of seeing these guys together in a concert but they worship the old and original band like they'd worship their God, I don't know. We're not asking too much, we don't need a reunion tour, we don't need them to reunite so they can make a record together, the chemistry and the magic died back in 1989, we all understand that but they need to get along for one fuckin' night and at least play a song together. I said it before but I think 'November Rain' would be perfect. Axl on the piano and Slash at the other side with his guitar, they don't even have to see each other, 9-minute long song and that's it, go home.

I think we all agree that the main problem here is Axl but I feel he has started to care about his fans and the people that is around him, so I don't know. I'd say he'll show up, 65% sure. He can take this opportunity to shut everybody up :shrugs: and I don't think this will work against him or the new members. They know what they are and it'd be really fuckin' stupid to think that just because the original members perform one night together for the fuckin' sake of the band they all created, they'll reunite. It hasn't happened before when it could have, it's not gonna happen now. Let's put the whole thing to rest. One night, one performance. :shrugs:

Edited by pi2loc

I honestly think that it doesn't matter either way. If he doesn't go, the press and a few posters here will whine. What else is new? If he does go it doesn't matter either because at the end of it everything will be back to normal.

If I were Axl, I would say fuck that joke, but I'm not so it doesn't matter to me what he does.

The problem is: Axl loses nothing by not going to the ceremony. So the media calls him a dick. Thats different from what they say about him now how...? What would say something is if the people that were disappointed in Axl stopped buying tickets. But all of us, and Axl, know that isn't going to happen, so what does he have to lose. If the people that wanted a reunion stopped supporting Axl, that would say something because he'd be losing money. But he pisses people off and people keep coming back for more. So in the end, he's the biggest douchebag and simultaneous genius out there. I agree that going to the ceremony and giving that one night would stop alot of the reunion stuff, but Axl has never been rational. Don't hope on this stuff.

To quote Jarmo on this situation

Whatever Axl chooses to do, it's up to him. It doesn't have to mean A or B. For example: Just because you go to a high school reunion, and hang out for one evening, doesn't mean you'll start spending more time with the old friends. And if you decide not to go, doesn't mean you'll never see them.

/jarmo

:shrugs:

This! It's a personal decision,not really up to anyone else

I honestly think that it doesn't matter either way. If he doesn't go, the press and a few posters here will whine. What else is new? If he does go it doesn't matter either because at the end of it everything will be back to normal.

If I were Axl, I would say fuck that joke, but I'm not so it doesn't matter to me what he does.

Considering some will nitpick and overanalyze it to oblivion,I can see the positives and negatives not really making a happy damn.

He/GNR are still inducted into the HOF,whether showing in person,via sattelite or not at all,that's the kicker :thumbsup:

Go to ceremony with the old band,take the prize,make the speech,some pics ( interesting pics btw) and go saying thank and shaking hands to all old-members.You dont have to be rude,everybody knows that Slash and Axl they dont get along,but nobody are asking them to kiss each other.Just to be there.

An one question,every band that have the prize has to perform? if not,that its my bet,they all will go,and do what i explain.

And BTW i think that Duff,Slash,Izzy and Matt dont want also to perform because i think they all know that would be a trap for Axl and that can ruin the ceremony.Its not the place to do that for sure.

Edited by rudolf1978

I can very well imagine that they will broadcast a short video message from Axl with the usual thank you for this award blah blah... so, he could avoid meeting the other guys and he would also show some interest and humbleness to the whole rock n roll hall of fame thing.