[SPOILER ALERT] Iron Maiden - Maiden England 2012 Tour

Powerage5

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My ex kept the tickets I bought her for tonight's Camden show. I Gave up on going. Then yesterday she texts me and tells me that she doesn't feel like coming back from vacation early, and that she had her sister put the tickets in her mailbox for me. SCOOOOOOOOOOOORE!

Who all have you met from Maiden P5? I know you've met Nicko. I would love to meet him.

If you count our encounter with Dave yesterday (I don't really...it was just like 2 people saying "hi" to each other on the street) its just Dave and Nicko. Still can't believe we missed Janick by minutes in Charlotte <_<

I'm hoping to meet one of them in Toronto. I doubt I will but hoping.

And don't hate me P5, but I'm just watching En Vivo and I'm glad they're doing Fear Of The Dark :P

Edited by Becket

And don't hate me P5, but I'm just watching En Vivo and I'm glad they're doing Fear Of The Dark :P

It gets more boring at every show...last night I didn't even bother singing along for FOTD, it was too damn hot for me to care. Oh well, it was the best gig of the tour so far, and I got another Janick sweatband! DC tonight...

It gets more boring at every show...last night I didn't even bother singing along for FOTD, it was too damn hot for me to care. Oh well, it was the best gig of the tour so far, and I got another Janick sweatband! DC tonight...

I can understand why you would get sick of it with all the shows you've seen. My first time seeing them so I don't mind them playing it. :D

I scored some last minute lower bowl tickets for the Toronto gig today! I thought I'd just see what would come up when I did 'Best Available' through Ticketmaster and there was surprisingly still some left!

I scored some last minute lower bowl tickets for the Toronto gig today! I thought I'd just see what would come up when I did 'Best Available' through Ticketmaster and there was surprisingly still some left!

Cool! B)

Lat night in Washington was hands down the best gig of the tour so far! Very minimal sound issues finally, and the band is just getting tighter every show. Almost met Chuck Garric as he was talking to FTTB people right before they let us in, but I didn't get to before the gates opened. Oh well, would've lost my barrier spot if I chatted with him. Caught an Adrian Smith pick and a Steve Harris sweatband, and my mom caught a Dave Murray sweatband. Don't know if I mentioned I caught another Janick Gers sweatband in Philly, but that was really cool since I'd never caught anything from Janick before this year and then I caught 2 sweatbands in a row! :D

Alice gig in Bethlehem tonight...looking forward to seeing the full setlist again!

How long between shows? About an hour? I'm hoping it's dark for most of Maidens set.

Closer to a half hour. Alice goes on at 7:30 and does 45 mins, and Doctor Doctor usually starts around 8:50, with Maiden actually hitting the stage after multiple intros at 9. Should be dark by the time Maiden hits the stage. In DC, the moon was just poking above the trees as Moonchild started, very surreal B)

How long between shows? About an hour? I'm hoping it's dark for most of Maidens set.

Closer to a half hour. Alice goes on at 7:30 and does 45 mins, and Doctor Doctor usually starts around 8:50, with Maiden actually hitting the stage after multiple intros at 9. Should be dark by the time Maiden hits the stage. In DC, the moon was just poking above the trees as Moonchild started, very surreal B)

1/2 hour??...damn,there goes the beer tent :tongue2:

:rofl-lol:

Wow, half hour is pretty quick. Not that I'm complaining :)

:rofl-lol:

Wow, half hour is pretty quick. Not that I'm complaining :)

What can I say, Maiden's crew is the best in the world ;)

Listening to the Camden bootleg right now...first time listening to any recordings from this tour. ATSS sounds damn fine the way Bruce is singing it nowadays, can't believe there's people complaining about this one being in the set! :violin:

Listening to the Camden bootleg right now...first time listening to any recordings from this tour. ATSS sounds damn fine the way Bruce is singing it nowadays, can't believe there's people complaining about this one being in the set! :violin:

I'm not complaining. I always liked that song.

I'm not complaining. I always liked that song.

Didn't mean people on here, but the whole goddamn Fan Club is complaining about not only that, but the setlist as a whole. The consensus is this tour is nothing more than a piss poor cash grab rehashing of Somewhere Back In Time. Trust me, that's far from the truth ;)

Hey P5

Been meaning to ask...how's this paperless ticket thing working out?

Long lines?Long waits?

Well, its tough for me to judge. We haven't really been in the GA line since we've had FTTB 4 of 6 nights so far; with Jones Beach being all seated and all paper, and Newark not having FTTB so we didn't get there until a bit later. But it seems to be going pretty smoothly. It takes a bit longer to go through the gates but thats about it. Sorry I can't be more useful on that topic :shrugs:

Chicago event shirt is apparently the same as the tour poster/NYC shirt with "Chicago background". Will post a pic when I have one.

Yeah, it's just same picture of Eddie on the horse except the Chicago theater is in the background. Definitely not worth the $40 they were charging imo.

The show was great though. I still don't get the appeal of most of the Seventh Son material (especially the title track), but it was so great to finally see Maiden. Never realized that Janick had such great moves, he was entertaining to watch the whole time.

Chicago event shirt is apparently the same as the tour poster/NYC shirt with "Chicago background". Will post a pic when I have one.

Yeah, it's just same picture of Eddie on the horse except the Chicago theater is in the background. Definitely not worth the $40 they were charging imo.

The show was great though. I still don't get the appeal of most of the Seventh Son material (especially the title track), but it was so great to finally see Maiden. Never realized that Janick had such great moves, he was entertaining to watch the whole time.

:blink:

Cool you enjoyed your first Maiden gig though! The real reason I don't like Janick is that he doesn't connect with the audience in the same way Dave, Steve, and Adrian do. Those 3 really pick individuals out in the audience and connect with them. They also definitely know the people who are at all the shows, and Janick definitely doesn't (Or doesn't show it at all at least).