A pledge of fanaticism

Saphyra

I know, similar thread was somewhere here but this pledge is for eternity not just for week or month.

"Dear Person, will you be a true-hearted, diehard fan of Guns N' Roses for eternity no matter what would happen? Will you be a fan through good and bad, through wealthy and poor times? Will you support and defend Guns N' Roses in any situation and from all kinds of haters/antifans? Will you stand by them and their music in happiness, in sadness, in health, in sickness, in heaven and in a really deep shit? Will you always have a faith and trust in Guns N' Roses? Till death and even after it if that will be possible?"

I do. :wub:

What are you, about 15? Doesn't look like something any intelligent adult would come up with.

Don't be a Dick, if she is 15 then that is a positive that GNR have multi-generational fans, at least its better than those who stick around for the explicit purpose of bitching.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you guys are confusing "Fanaticism" with "Fandom". They are quite differernt imo and I´m closer to the latter. A fan supports the band with loyalty in the good times and in the bad times whereas a fanatic develops an irrational obsession and turns into an intolerant freak.

Edited by Black Horse

I think you guys are confusing "Fanaticism" with "Fandom". They are quite differernt imo and I´m closer to the latter. A fan supports the band with loyalty in the good times and in the bad times whereas a fanatic develops an irrational obsession and turns into an intolerant freak.

Actually, from an etymological standpoint they are the same thing. The word "fan" is a shortened form of "fanatic". I get what you're saying though.

Actually, from an etymological standpoint they are the same thing. The word "fan" is a shortened form of "fanatic". I get what you're saying though.

Derr-Hurr,thank you for enlightening us poor ignorant hicks,we doesn't know them high-fallutin' words.

So the GN'R fan base has a radical militant wing.

Radical always,militant conveys a connotation of negativity.

Radical and rabid is more like it.

Somebody better search the OP's room for weapons.

Maybe that is where all Iraq's invisible WMDs are hidden. :tongue2:

Axl has turned Bumblefoot in a touring guitarist only.

:fuckyou:

If you really were a fan of Bumblefoot you would know that he has had both the time and the acceptance to work on his own projects side by side with GN'R stuff -- like record many solo songs in 2011 and produce Poc's album -- and respect his choice of being a band member in GN'R rather than remain an obscure solo artist. Since you apparently do neither I can only conclude that you are ignorant of Bumblefoot's activities and doesn't respect his life choices, hence you are not a fan of him.

EDIT: And to add something on topic: No, I will never support anyone or anything unconditionally. Fanaticism is an evil, it causes mindless drones.

Edited by SoulMonster

If you really were a fan of Bumblefoot you would know that he has had both the time and the acceptance to work on his own projects side by side with GN'R stuff -- like record many solo songs in 2011 and produce Poc's album -- and respect his choice of being a band member in GN'R rather than remain an obscure solo artist. Since you apparently do neither I can only conclude that you are ignorant of Bumblefoot's activities and doesn't respect his life choices, hence you are not a fan of

It's pretty obvious that he did not release more songs because he didnt have time. He is in Guns but certainly wants to create new music. Not his fault if Axl is holding him back...at least with Bucket they created new music. If I was Bumble I'd only stay if they were about to create new music...otherwise I'd leave this bullshit touring band that Axl turned Guns into. He cant even fkn change a setlist...what the fuck is wrong in Axl's head? Is he too busy looking at DJ's eyes all the time so he doesnt change the setlist?

Oh and the 'obscure guitarist' thing is pointless. Shawn Lane was obscure and was much better than any mainstream guitarist you name but important for those that matter. That's possibly why guys like Bucket, Lane (who was Bucket's sacred fav guitarist) and Ron dont give a fuck whether they are in a mainstream act or not.

If you really were a fan of Bumblefoot you would know that he has had both the time and the acceptance to work on his own projects side by side with GN'R stuff -- like record many solo songs in 2011 and produce Poc's album -- and respect his choice of being a band member in GN'R rather than remain an obscure solo artist. Since you apparently do neither I can only conclude that you are ignorant of Bumblefoot's activities and doesn't respect his life choices, hence you are not a fan of

It's pretty obvious that he did not release more songs because he didnt have time.

Of course all the GN'R activity prevents Bumble from being as active as a solo artist as he potentially could have been, but he still gets to record and release his own music, contrary to the passionate claim from "The Glow Inc" that he has become a "touring guitarist only." And this ties up nicely with my other point: that we should respect our artists' choices and not demand that they dance after our own flutes. And if we don't, we are more fans of their music than them as living humans with free will and personalities.

Not his fault if Axl is holding him back...at least with Bucket they created new music.

If the case is that "Axl is holding him back", then surely it is Bumbles own fault for making a bad career move and he could at any time leave Guns and revert to being an obscure musician. He is not being held hostage in GN'R.

And your notion that Guns is not a creating band is a bit silly when we know that the band has released new music while Bumble was in the band (he even contributed to the record) and we know there are plans to create new music when the current tour is over.

All this being said, it is kinda cute to see fans degrade their artists' decisions and say they know better.

I know, similar thread was somewhere here but this pledge is for eternity not just for week or month.

"Dear Person, will you be a true-hearted, diehard fan of Guns N' Roses for eternity no matter what would happen?'

This is absurd. You must really have issues to be a die-hard fan of anything.

What issues?

Psychological ones mainly. Like every fanatic that has ever existed.

"Dear Person, will you be a true-hearted, diehard fan of Guns N' Roses for eternity no matter what would happen?'

This is absurd. You must really have issues to be a die-hard fan of anything.

What issues?

Psychological ones mainly. Like every fanatic that has ever existed.

So you think she has psychological issues because she states she will love a band no matter what?

She has posted what she thinks, and I guess it's her response to all the hate that some people are spreading on the forums.

I love how the e-psychologists can see psychological issues every time they do not agree with a poster :thumbsdown:

It's pretty obvious that he did not release more songs because he didnt have time.

Of course all the GN'R activity prevents Bumble from being as active as a solo artist as he potentially could have been, but he still gets to record and release his own music, contrary to the passionate claim from "The Glow Inc" that he has become a "touring guitarist only." And this ties up nicely with my other point: that we should respect our artists' choices and not demand that they dance after our own flutes. And if we don't, we are more fans of their music than them as living humans with free will and personalities.

Not his fault if Axl is holding him back...at least with Bucket they created new music.

If the case is that "Axl is holding him back", then surely it is Bumbles own fault for making a bad career move and he could at any time leave Guns and revert to being an obscure musician. He is not being held hostage in GN'R.

And your notion that Guns is not a creating band is a bit silly when we know that the band has released new music while Bumble was in the band (he even contributed to the record) and we know there are plans to create new music when the current tour is over.

All this being said, it is kinda cute to see fans degrade their artists' decisions and say they know better.

Bumblefoot can record and release music if he wants, he did throughout last year and did stuff with Poc. He can easily churn out an album in a couple months. He had time to work on Chinese Democracy and Abnormal at the same time. He made Chinese sound more like a GN'R record than Axl ever could with Robun and Buckethead.

Derr-Hurr,thank you for enlightening us poor ignorant hicks,we doesn't know them high-fallutin' words.

I wasn't trying to be pedantic, just pointing out what seemed like a relevant fact considering the title of this thread. Nice Deliverance impression though. Now squeal like a pig, boy!