I don't care that Axl won't play new songs

GnR Chris

So I'm not a true fan, or a die-hard fan because I am exited to hear new music from my favorite band?

No one said that. Stop twisting.

Wanting new music does not mean you aren't a fan. That is just ridiculous.

I am blown away that some fans of a band actually don't care about new music. So because GnR will never make another appetite again, they should just stop creating new music for the rest of their careers and just play the old classics (that were created by a different band?

If you are happy with all the nostalgia tours - fine. I personally love the old stuff, but also want to see what this band can do. We know they are a top notch cover band.....let's see what they can create themselves!!!

We all want new music dude, what happens is that some of us are not obsessed with it and don´t bitch and complain about it all the time. New music will come when it has to come not when you demand it. And according to you the current members are a cover band because they play the old hits, am I correct?. Now now, by following your logic, the old band was also a cover band since they played Live and let die, Knocking on heaven´s doors and all the covers included in the Spaghetti Incident cd....but I guess you won´t accept that.

The flaw in that logic is that that was Guns N' Roses covering The Beatles/Bob Dylan/etc. This band is Guns N' Roses covering Guns N' Roses.... Putting out an entire album of covers doesn't make you a cover band. But playing a decent portion of songs live which were written by other people does.

I don't think this band is a nostalgic cover band yet, but as each tour goes on, the notion seems more and more valid. I can understand that they haven't hit parts of the US post-Chidem release and that this is to promote and endorse Chinese Democracy(even though it can't be found at brick and mortar shops...). However if no new material is played at the European tour(which they already have toured), it will seal the deal for me.

+1 I agree with this whole post

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm not a true fan, or a die-hard fan because I am exited to hear new music from my favorite band?

I am blown away that some fans of a band actually don't care about new music. So because GnR will never make another appetite again, they should just stop creating new music for the rest of their careers and just play the old classics (that were created by a different band?

If you are happy with all the nostalgia tours - fine. I personally love the old stuff, but also want to see what this band can do. We know they are a top notch cover band.....let's see what they can create themselves!!!

We all want new music dude, what happens is that some of us are not obsessed with it and don´t bitch and complain about it all the time. New music will come when it has to come not when you demand it. And according to you the current members are a cover band because they play the old hits, am I correct?. Now now, by following your logic, the old band was also a cover band since they played Live and let die, Knocking on heaven´s doors and all the covers included in the Spaghetti Incident cd....but I guess you won´t accept that.

You really can't be that dense.....seriously.

The old band would play 2-3 covers live, and then maybe 20 of their originals.

What does the new band do? Is the ratio even close? From the last show, how many songs were created by DJ, bumblefoot and frank???????

What percentage of the songs were created by the current band??????????

Is your head so far up Axl's ass that you cannot even comprehend reality?

When you tour for years, playing songs created by other musicians.......what would you call that band?

The funny thing is I used to be called a Nutter in here, and complained about it. But now I understand why people use that word to describe some of you. Axl could piss on your face and some of you would say "thanks, I was hit and thirsty. Thank u!"

You are really disrespectful towards people that appreciate Axl and what he does, and why do you have to say things like this over and over and over again?

No, I'm not.

I'm as big of an Axl fan as there is on this board.

It is the nutters that give current GnR fans a bad name.

I'm one the big Axl Rose fans that can't wait for the day to hear new music. I eagerly await a time (if it ever happens) when Axl will drop a single or announce a record or whatever. And I've always wanted to hear new music live ... until of course I'm at the show.

Honestly, all the setlist complaints, or the majority of them, seem to come from people who aren't actually in attendance. And I admit I've watched the setlists threads here as well for some shows hoping to see an oldie return or a new song played.

But both Guns shows I attended this and last year, I was ecstatic for every song they played even if all sans a couple were fully expected. I WANT to hear the classics. I'm sorry, but nothing gets the crowd to lose their fucking shit like "Welcome to the Jungle," "Sweet Child O' Mine," "Nightrain" and more. It'd be a crime not to play those songs every goddamn time.

No one is expecting songs like the one you listen to get dropped for a new song, but I think what many people are getting at is, regardless of how much we love this band, not all of us can continue to afford to drop hundreds of dollars to see them each time we want to, especially know we're getting the same show as the last time, with maybe 2-3 different songs.

What does the new band do? Is the ratio even close? From the last show, how many songs were created by DJ, bumblefoot and frank???????

When you tour for years, playing songs created by other musicians.......what would you call that band?

The funny thing is I used to be called a Nutter in here, and complained about it. But now I understand why people use that word to describe some of you. Axl could piss on your face and some of you would say "thanks, I was hit and thirsty. Thank u!"

You are really disrespectful towards people that appreciate Axl and what he does, and why do you have to say things like this over and over and over again?

I think a lot of people here are sick + tired of his broken-record redundant litany of woe-is-me.

Why announce it if you don't like GNR or have secretly placed some "conditional clause" that certain events must occur for you to continue to follow the band? Cut the drama,Cut the crap,and simply leave.

They are touring,putting on some impressive shows,providing live footage,and have updated the web site,focus on the positive

Nobody wants to be around negative,toxic people,or listen to them whine either.

Total buzzkill <_<

Is it weird that I get more thrills from a camera phone than a proshot?

Is it weird that that post doesn't seem to fit along with this thread?

But no, I know what you mean. The camera phone shots make it feel more "natural" and "intimate".

Point made,your own phone-cam capturing images is inexplicably more exciting for some.

If we are going off topic, hope you weren't planning on going to the Sabbath shows B.S.

Recently read about Iommi's lymphoma :(

But no, I know what you mean. The camera phone shots make it feel more "natural" and "intimate".

I was actually going to bring up a point, but if you are going to be a topic nazi i am going to drop it.

Point made,your own phone-cam capturing images is inexplicably more exciting for some.

If we are going off topic, hope you weren't planning on going to the Sabbath shows B.S.

They are apparently doing two actual shows as Black Sabbath, one in Europe, and one unannounced one in the states. The rest will be the "Ozzy & Friends" gigs, which I would still go to if I were in Europe, but I would be disappointed. Hoping the state show is close enough for me to go to, though.

I was actually going to bring up a point, but if you are going to be a topic nazi i am going to drop it.

I have some decent cell phone shots in the Atlantic City thread :)

They are apparently doing two actual shows as Black Sabbath, one in Europe, and one unannounced one in the states. The rest will be the "Ozzy & Friends" gigs, which I would still go to if I were in Europe, but I would be disappointed. Hoping the state show is close enough for me to go to, though.

I have liked BS for years,got some kicks when some friends freaked and thought "its alright" intro was a new GNR song back in the day, they wouldn't believe "changes" was a BS song,until I showed them the Album,the lesser-known songs sometimes appeal to me more than the most played.

Wishing all the best for Iommi's health,and I hope you get to see a show.

Thanks and the poor thing is unable to respond to a post without resorting to name calling and lacks of respect...yet he dares talk of dense... <_<

I'm one the big Axl Rose fans that can't wait for the day to hear new music. I eagerly await a time (if it ever happens) when Axl will drop a single or announce a record or whatever. And I've always wanted to hear new music live ... until of course I'm at the show.

Honestly, all the setlist complaints, or the majority of them, seem to come from people who aren't actually in attendance. And I admit I've watched the setlists threads here as well for some shows hoping to see an oldie return or a new song played.

But both Guns shows I attended this and last year, I was ecstatic for every song they played even if all sans a couple were fully expected. I WANT to hear the classics. I'm sorry, but nothing gets the crowd to lose their fucking shit like "Welcome to the Jungle," "Sweet Child O' Mine," "Nightrain" and more. It'd be a crime not to play those songs every goddamn time.

I agree! Although I'd totally LUV to hear a new song, can't wait!

I think since they have added estranged and civil war as staples, it might be time to let go of some songs like Mr Brownstone, Rocket Queen, and Live and let Die. Personaly i think KOHD should go too, but I guess that one is there forever.

The hits will always stay, but no reason they cant juggle the old stuff around and the new stuff around.

Thanks and the poor thing is unable to respond to a post without resorting to name calling and lacks of respect...yet he dares talk of dense... <_<

That's what some people do when they run out of coherent arguments :rolleyes:

Edit: your "density" is within the normal level except when you defend Bon Jovi :kiss::lol:

Edited by PirateChick

That's what some people do when they run out of coherent arguments :rolleyes:

Edit: your "density" is within the normal level except when you defend Bon Jovi :kiss::lol:

hahahah :lol: ok, I forgive you...

NOT :fuckyou:

:D

I totaly agree with u. :thumbsup:

I think a lot of people here are sick + tired of his broken-record redundant litany of woe-is-me.

Why announce it if you don't like GNR or have secretly placed some "conditional clause" that certain events must occur for you to continue to follow the band? Cut the drama,Cut the crap,and simply leave.

They are touring,putting on some impressive shows,providing live footage,and have updated the web site,focus on the positive

Nobody wants to be around negative,toxic people,or listen to them whine either.

Total buzzkill <_<

very well said! I agree 100%