L.A. Show - The Palladium 3/9/12

Nicc

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being very animated/the most noticeable person in the whole section during djs solo

ahh the effects of .... ummm tigerblood...............nevermind, :rofl-lol:

I hope you get to take shots of him and/or the band and/or all of them hanging up

Hey maybe even meet some of them including the man himself (again?) perhaps

Nothing kills a crowd quite like Sorry! Show has been awesome otherwise.

Agreed, not really the best live song for the crowd. I like it better live than the studio version, but it is a drainer of a song...

I loved hearing that song live :unsure:

I thought it was awesome ha

Nothing kills a crowd quite like Sorry! Show has been awesome otherwise.

Agreed, not really the best live song for the crowd. I like it better live than the studio version, but it is a drainer of a song...

I loved hearing that song live :unsure:

I thought it was awesome ha

Each to their own. The band can't please every fan, no band can.

Fuck you and your update thread. I'm home. I'm buzzed and I had a good fucking time.

Who needs updates?!?

Lots of gorgeous women! Good stuff!

Nothing out of the ordinary on the set list-- I was glad to hear You're Crazy and Used To Love Her!

The band didn't really sound as tight as other gigs, but Axl's mic was actually properly configured and he was loud and did an excellent job.

I'm home from the show. Can't remember the setlist but if you look at the Miami Fillmore show, they played the exact same songs except the order a few songs were changed. One example was Shackler's Revenge was played between Civil War and KOHD. But yeah, all the songs were the same. We left before the encore because my lady friend was passing out and I was tired of holding her up, so I don't know what was played in the encore.

Few notes from the VIP Balcony:

- Didn't see Charlie Sheen. If he was there, he wasn't in VIP. The entire VIP seating section was annoyingly reserved for what I believe to be a gigantic group of people associated with Fernando. A bunch of young 20-somethings, women barely dressed. Just about everyone drunk before the show started and they all took FREQUENT trips to the bathroom throughout the show. For what? I dare not speculate. I only saw Fernando (or who I believe to be Fernando, could be wrong) near the end of the show when he went up to talk to a few people.

- Nikki Sixx showed up with Ashba while the opening band was playing. Sixx disappeared before GNR came on, probably went backstage. Aside from that, biiggest celebrity sightings in VIP were....wait for it...Simon Rex and the lead singer from Puddle of Mudd (if it wasn't him, it was his twin brother. Dude looked EXACTLY LIKE HIM. I could be wrong though, but if that was the Puddle of Mudd dude, he's is looking a bit haggard these days). Yeah, not exactly A-listers.

- Axl made a joke about how he put a sign on his hotel room door that said "Don't bother, I'm already disturbed" or something like that. Couldn't quite make it out. Also, he said "fucking" a lot tonight. He introduced everyone like...DJ FUCKING Ashba, Ron FUCKING Thal, Frank FUCKING Ferrar, and joked after the introductions that everyone's middle name tonight was "fucking".

- Stop bitching about new songs. Almost nobody at the shows wants to hear them. This I Love and Sorry couldn't have possibly been met with anymore silence than they were. Even songs that they've been playing since 06 (Street of Dreams) just don't garner that much of a reaction. People want to hear the old songs and Axl seems much more comfortable singing those.

- The band was OK, not as good as I've heard them in the past, but they all look like they're having fun. That's been the case at every Nu-GNR show I've been too. I think DJ Ashba has been a great addition for band chemistry. He seems to get along really well with the guys (BTW, he did make a couple of appearances in the VIP Balcony, once before the show and once during Dizzy's solo to talk to his girlfriend or whoever).

- Despite that, I can say with some certainty after seeing Slash perform it twice and Nu-GNR perform it twice, that Slash's band absolutely destroys Nu-GNR when it comes to playing Civil War.

- People really started filing out after November Rain. By the end of Nighttrain, a big chunk of the back of the floor was empty and people were just scattered about. Can't blame them. GNR didn't take the stage until about 12:30. Ridiculous.

Edited by OTHAFA

Fuck you and your update thread. I'm home. I'm buzzed and I had a good fucking time.

Who needs updates?!?

Nothing out of the ordinary on the set list-- I was glad to hear You're Crazy and Used To Love Her!

The band didn't really sound as tight as other gigs, but Axl's mic was actually properly configured and he was loud and did an excellent job.

Right back at cha' you too ole' nut eating self. :rolleyes: (even if you weren't really talking to me)

Hell for those who WERENT there we might need an update

It's amazing, but I bet if some "established" memb. around here started this thread then it wouldn't have been a problem. (prob. talking out of my ass, but given the response,it's still pitiful) :confused:

Edited by Nicc

Who needs updates?!?

Take it eazy, understand who is far away and knows nothing...

No criticizes the city, just do not understand, is the city of Guns, with many fans,

why so little news?

But good to know was great night

Sleep now is a good medicine....

Edited by Hatchepsut

Chinese

Jungle

Ise

Brownstone

Sorry

Rq

Estranged

Ur crazy

Used to love her

Richard solo

L&ld

This i love

Tommy moto

Sod

Ycbm

Di ash solo

Sweet child

Nr

Bumble solo

Dnt cry

Riff raff

Civil war

Shacklers

Kohd

Nightrain

Encore

Jam

Maddyy

Better

Patience

Jam

Paradise

Something like that... I feel like im missing something but whatever im tired .. The band sounded great.. My fav gnr show yet