OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

And I'll put DJ's best riffs from the last five years up against Slash's any day.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: Funniest post of the year.

If my post was so funny, you should be able to easily name all of the great songs Slash has written in the last five years.

"Songs"? Aren't you talking about "riffs"?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If my post was so funny, you should be able to easily name all of the great songs Slash has written in the last five years.

Interesting that you chose not to.

Not true. I didn't because what you said is one of the stupidest things I've read in this forum.

Meanwhile, DJ has written several major hits in the last five years, including one of the biggest rock hits of the last decade.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: This XXXL version of Shaycarl is funnier than the one on Youtube.

Edited by pi2loc

Ass an artist and man in music business Reunion will be a huge risk for Axl Rose. Obviously Axl have 10 and maybe more years plans for Guns n Roses,and he made an amazing band with people younger than him.

With reunion he will destroy curent band and get very big risk.

- As we know Steven Adler have really healthy problems.I wish him everything the best but asa doctor I'm not sure he will live long.on the other hand He can not play long tour with long shows.

-Izzy Stradlin is an unstable person in music business kind a way.As we know He left the band when Guns n Roses was the biggest band on the earth.Who will trust him?

- In younger days Slash and Axl had a big problems. What will happen in his old ages?

Now Axl have an amazing band with great future.in his 50's I'm sure Axl doesn't want to have the biggest band in the earth.He had it in 20"s so he wants to play and enjoy now.Also curent band can sellout arenas across the globe (except Us when they playes 8k shows) and this is amaying success.With new album things will be better in te UsI'm sure.

So there is no one reason for reunion except money.But Axl have a money for the next ten lives.

If I said, I like dogs, it would be a fact that I like dogs.

Eh, no. "I like dogs" is just a statement, it could be a fact but it could also be a lie. The only fact would be that you claimed to like dogs. In fact, taking your history and personality into consideration, if you say you like dogs, most people would assume you fucking hate them, because, after all, you are a known liar.

Edited by SoulMonster

Never mind what Slash says, I'm waiting for DamnSmooth to explain it. :xmasssanta:

Your wish is my command, Flayer.

You see, Slash is obviously backtracking because he realised that he didn't want to take any responsibility for them not playing, and he knows that his fans will buy in to whatever nonsense he spouts off. Sad really.

It's far too late now though, because he and I know the truth.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

And I'll put DJ's best riffs from the last five years up against Slash's any day.

Interesting that you chose not to.

Meanwhile, DJ has written several major hits in the last five years, including one of the biggest rock hits of the last decade.

I also live in 2012 and don't see why it's required to long for 1987 in order to call yourself a fan. I'm enjoying 2012 quite nicely.

2012 GNR primarily covers 2002, 1991 and especially 1987 GNR. I'm waiting to hear the rest of the Chinese Democracy era material, but I'd much rather have a new album from the 1987 GNR than the 2012 GNR.

GNR still has a member left from '87, two members left from '91, five members left from '02, etc. Not sure they're exactly "covering" that material . . .

One too many steel chairs to the head, methinks.

Go for it dude. Instead of insulting my mental capacity, why not list songs Slash has written in the last five years that you feel disprove my premise.

Or are you allergic to facts?

What are these "major riffs/hits" DJ has written? I've heard "Lies of the Beautiful People" a few times last year on fm radio and that was it. Has any of his shit charted?

Eh, no. "I like dogs" is just a statement, it could be a fact but it could also be a lie. The only fact would be that you claimed to like dogs. In fact, taking your history and personality into consideration, if you say you like dogs, most people would assume you fucking hate them, because, after all, you are a known liar.

You've accused me of lying about numerous things I have not lied about. You've offered no proof to support your claims. As much as you hoot and holler about me being a liar, it's very clear that you're doing so to distract from the fact that it's you who is lying.

But why don't we just get to the bottom of it once and for all? How about we each put up 10k and it's put up or shut up time for me, winner take all. How soon can you have your money in escrow and how soon can you fly to Orlando, Florida (I'll pay for your transportation) to settle this?

Yes, I expected you'd try to sidetrack the issue instead of admitting not knowing the difference between "a fact" and "a statement". I'd say you probably should brush up on your foreign language skills, but then I remembered you are actually form the USA so I guess a lack of language skills is not the explanation here, it must run deeper...

What exactly are you suggesting? That you pay my business class ticket to Orlando to watch you somehow prove you love dogs?? Eeew. Aren't you some kind of amateur actor? I think that spectacle would be gross.

BS -

Yes. Not only did Lies of the Beautiful People go to #1 on the charts and a subsequent single crack the top ten, "Life is Beautiful" was the #1 rock song of the entire year of 2008. It was at the top of the charts for several months and is one of the biggest rock hits of the last ten years.

But again, you were talking about "riffs" and not "songs"...Proving that Dj has penned a greater hit than Slash is probably easy, but proving that he has written better riffs than Slash during the last five year is wholly subjective.

You've accused me of lying about numerous things I have not lied about. You've offered no proof to support your claims. As much as you hoot and holler about me being a liar, it's very clear that you're doing so to distract from the fact that it's you who is lying.

But why don't we just get to the bottom of it once and for all? How about we each put up 10k and it's put up or shut up time for me, winner take all. How soon can you have your money in escrow and how soon can you fly to Orlando, Florida (I'll pay for your transportation) to settle this?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :crazy: What do you want to bet on? If he's not interested maybe I am.

Edited by pi2loc

BS -

Yes. Not only did Lies of the Beautiful People go to #1 on the charts and a subsequent single crack the top ten, "Life is Beautiful" was the #1 rock song of the entire year of 2008. It was at the top of the charts for several months and is one of the biggest rock hits of the last ten years.

You mean the rock charts? I can't seem to find any links or sources for it's charts positions. The only thing I found was that "Life is Beautiful" reached #2 on the billboard modern rock charts, so I don't know where you're getting these other numbers from...

Because if we're talking from the past decade, Slither was number one on the mainstream rock charts for 9 weeks, and number 1 on the modern rock charts for 4 weeks. Fall to Pieces reached the number one spot on the mainstream rock charts for 11 weeks, while hitting number 2 on the modern rock charts. Shit, even She Builds Quick Machines reached number 2 on the mainstream rock charts as well. Slither hit 56 on the top 100, and FTP hit 67 on the top 100. Quite impressive feats. if you ask me...

How did a thread that proves that Slash is a spineless, two-faced liar turn in to a Slash vs. DJ and an everybody vs. MSL thread?

I could see if Slash was still drinking and doing drugs like back when he had talent, but totally switching his story 2 days after he refused to play has nothing to do with memory at this point in time.

Yes, I expected you'd try to sidetrack the issue instead of admitting not knowing the difference between "a fact" and "a statement". I'd say you probably should brush up on your foreign language skills, but then I remembered you are actually form the USA so I guess a lack of language skills is not the explanation here, it must run deeper...

What exactly are you suggesting? That you pay my business class ticket to Orlando to watch you somehow prove you love dogs?? Eeew. Aren't you some kind of amateur actor? I think that spectacle would be gross.

If we were discussing statements in your view, why did post that we were discussing opinions and not facts? Which is it?

What? Your language skills seem to be deteriorating before my very eyes. You were the one saying that a statement, e.g. "I like dogs", is a fact. I am merely pointing out that you are wrong. Take it like a man.

And are you really trying to argue that I wasn't asking him for facts because he could simply lie to me about what songs he likes and therefore I was really asking him for statements? Is that really your argument? If so, that is one of the laziest and pathetics cupcakes I've ever seen. #trollbetter

You were apparently asking him about "facts" because you obviously have no idea what "facts" are, as demonstrated with your frequent mix-up of "statements" and "facts". And all the while you have completely forgotten, or try to forget, that it was "riffs" that was the issue, not "songs", and by challenging him to list his favourite Slash songs ("facts", as you call it) you are only sidetracking from the real issue which would be for him to list some Slash riffs that are better than any riffs from Dj. It is still very silly because it is all subjective.

All in all your posts lately are a complete clusterfuck.

As for what I was suggesting, you know precisely what I was suggesting.

No, I have no idea, but stop right there if you are going to say it is some dog-man relationship thing you want me to witness. I've already said that is gross.

You've made many false statements about me recently, several of them bordering on flat out libel.

Have I? Wow. Can you repeat them?

I'm asking you to put your money where your mouth is and offering to prove you wrong. How soon can you have your money in escrow?

You are offering to prove I am wrong when I said that 'most people would assume you fucking hate dogs if you claim to love them'? Haha, way to take a joke seriously. But how would my presence in Orlando make that easier for you? The way of proving me wrong, if you really feel so inclined, is simply to statistically prove that "most people" don't assume what I say they do. I challenge you to do that! Waste your time proving a rhetorical joke was not 100 % accurate! You don't need me to be in Orlando at all for that. The only rational explanation for your insistence that I travel to Orlando, is that you are going to prove your love for dogs visually to me, the idea being that if you fail to do that -- if your inherit antipathy of dogs takes over while "in the act" -- I will "win" and return home with your money. Or perhaps you just want me there so you can man-wrestle me like some school-yard way of "proving who is right".

And why this fascination with money in escrow? Is that your common fall-back stance when things get a little hot around your ears at discussion boards? ;).

How did a thread that proves that Slash is a spineless, two-faced liar turn in to a Slash vs. DJ and an everybody vs. MSL thread?

I could see if Slash was still drinking and doing drugs like back when he had talent, but totally switching his story 2 days after he refused to play has nothing to do with memory at this point in time.

He didn't change his story. In fact, it was more or less what I thought. Seems like Axl's people were in contact with him, but he didn't have contact with Axl "directly".

Never has he ever said he didn't want to play. You're just trying to twist shit to make Slash look like some anti-christ.

BS -

Yes, the rock charts. Ashba has had multiple #1 hits at Active Rock radio here in the US in the last five years. Slash's resume improves if you go back far enough to include Contraband, but the statement I made that had the school girls giggling pertained only to the last five years.

I count one. "Lies of the Beautiful People" was number one on the mainstream rock charts for two weeks in 2011. I don't see any others on the mainstream rock charts, or the modern rock charts going as far back as 2007. :shrugs:

BS -

But again, you were talking about "riffs" and not "songs"...Proving that Dj has penned a greater hit than Slash is probably easy, but proving that he has written better riffs than Slash during the last five year is wholly subjective.

Yes, but I can't get any of you cupcakes to tell me what recent Slash riffs you like, so all I have to compare is the success of the songs because for some reason Slash has apparently written all these amazing riffs, yet nobody will tell me which ones they like.

"Any of you cupcakes"?? Hey, try to be a little precise in discussions, I have never said Slash has written better riffs than Dj in recent times, so don't lump me in with those you are discussing that topic with.

And your idea that the difficulty of comparing the individual greatness of different riffs can be circumvented by comparing popularity of songs, is too simplistic. It could easily be that Dj has penned the greatest hits in terms of gross sale or whatever, but Slash has come up with greater riffs. Besides, it is all subjective.

Anybody that takes anything [slash] says at face value is either very naive or hasn't paid close attention to his public statements the last decade or two.

I've been a bit hard on you lately. Just wanted to say I am proud to see that you used the word "statement" correctly in the sentence above. Well done! Now try to use the word "fact" in another sentence.

It's not like Slash playing fast and loose with the truth is anything new. Anybody that takes anything he says at face value is either very naive or hasn't paid close attention to his public statements the last decade or two.

What about Axl promising release dates of albums, music videos (which still don't exist), all sorts of shit that passed without explanation. Do you take things Axl says at face value?

He didn't change his story. In fact, it was more or less what I thought. Seems like Axl's people were in contact with him, but he didn't have contact with Axl "directly".

Never has he ever said he didn't want to play. You're just trying to twist shit to make Slash look like some anti-christ.

I have no need to twist anything, and Slash as any form of anti-christ would be a complete failure.

I will admit that I didn't waste my time listening to an interview with someone that I lost interest in long ago, but I did read the thread title and the first post.

So day 1, Slash doesn't want to play, day 2, Slash doesn't want to talk about the HOF, and day 3, Slash wants everyone to forget day 1 and 2 and blame Axl so he can come off as the good guy to his overly-gullible fans.

Typical.

The difference is that Slash, Duff, Steven, Izzy, etc have no thing to loose in playing a couple of songs there and on the other hand Axl has a lot to loose with the following endless reunion pressure talk he'd get...

If I were Axl no way in hell I'd play...just saying... :shrugs:

I have no need to twist anything, and Slash as any form of anti-christ would be a complete failure.

I will admit that I didn't waste my time listening to an interview with someone that I lost interest in long ago, but I did read the thread title and the first post.

So day 1, Slash doesn't want to play, day 2, Slash doesn't want to talk about the HOF, and day 3, Slash wants everyone to forget day 1 and 2 and blame Axl so he can come off as the good guy to his overly-gullible fans.

Typical.

Only Slash never said he didn't want to play, he said they weren't playing. And it turns out from this most recent interview, well at least implied, that he was apparently in some kind of contact with Axl's people. Just not Axl "directly". Which seems pretty believable to me...and was what I suspected and said two days ago... :shrugs:

Edited by BS11290

The difference is that Slash, Duff, Steven, Izzy, etc have no thing to loose in playing a couple of songs there and on the other hand Axl has a lot to loose with the following endless reunion pressure talk he'd get...

If I were Axl no way in hell I'd play...just saying... :shrugs:

Axl owes a shitload to the old guys (as they do to him) and to the fans for where he is. I dare him to play a show composed entirely of songs created post 1993 and see how it goes down...

There will always be talk of the original band getting back together... they helped create the music too afterall