OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont wanna see the original line up back together. Axl, Dizzy,Tommy, Chris, Ronnie, Frank, Richard and DJ are busy creating a masterpiece. The others have Velvet Revolver that they can bore the world with.

What is this masterpiece you speak of and how do you know they have intentions of creating one? More importantly, if one is created, how long will it take to be released. It took 14 years for CD to be released.

Seems like the only people that actually talk about it are the fans and media, and the new GN'R just answers questions about it.

There's nothing special about the current lineup other than the fact that Axl is one of the best song writers in rock history.... and a lot of CD wasn't even rock.

sometimes I wish the guy would stop with it period, I mean I don't mean no harm to Slash but he knows damn well how this is gonna to have Axl come off as...but at least he's telling his true feelings I guess, even if they make it clear this would be a one time thing, they'll still look at Axl as the one who is soley making it a one time thing or not

LOL, essentially every former member has said they would play, and people like you are still claiming that somehow Axl is getting unfairly blamed for everything going wrong :rolleyes:

That's because the world's media - many who weren't even working at their position back in 1993 - are all part of a huge conspiracy against Axl Rose.

Everyday journalists wake up and say 'Boy, how can we bash Axl Rose today."

They text, email, call each other everyday to come up with ways to trash him.

I actually think that to graduate from a journalism school, you take a lifetime oath that you will bash Axl Rose, a singer from a rock band that was successful in the late 80's and early 90's, at every possible opportunity. And, you actually have to MAKE STUFF UP as well.

:rolleyes:

it will be very sad if they don't play at the hof

all the true gnr fans have been waiting this moment for so long.. axl would be seen as a hero if he played with slash, izzy, duff and steven, it would be beautiful

this is so sad :no:

i dont wanna see the original line up back together. Axl, Dizzy,Tommy, Chris, Ronnie, Frank, Richard and DJ are busy creating a masterpiece. The others have Velvet Revolver that they can bore the world with.

a masterpiece that you and maybe 5 other people on this board really care about

a masterpiece that you and maybe 5 other people on this board really care about

Velvet Revolver is dead.

IF they'd perform, I want the ORIGINAL band to perform.

No Izzy, no gig.

I am sure Axl said something similar how it would only be a parial reunion and not a full reunion.

Izzy was so important to the GN'R sound that he could form his own band and call it GN'R and I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Izzy was so important to the GN'R sound that he could form his own band and call it GN'R and I wouldn't have a problem with it.

i would have a problem

izzy albums don't sound like gnr at all

without axl and slash there's no gnr

Axl, Dizzy,Tommy, Chris, Ronnie, Frank, Richard and DJ are busy creating a masterpiece.

:rofl-lol:

Me neither!

i don't want to be disrespectful but playing a song wouldn't do shit to "everything they've accomplished in the past few years." The media and casual fans will always pine for a reunion, one song will not create some mass vortex of negativity that will consume the popularity the current line up has. The people that like the new band will continue to do so, the ones that want a reunion might bitch for a few months, but in a year's time- everything will be business as usual.

Do you think that playing one or two songs at the HOF really puts the current line up's successes and popularity in such danger? Are they really that fragile? Can't their live show and one album prove that they can stand on their own? If you really think that playing one night 30 minutes tops with the band that put ALL OF THEM on the map will cause them irreversible damage, then maybe you aren't giving them the respect they deserve. Hell, DJ wants them to play, I'm sure Dizzy would love to join in at the HOF, and I bet Ron, Tommy, and the rest of them really don't give a fuck, if anything I'm sure they'd think it'd be cool to see the original band give some closure to the era that defined what GNR is all about.

I am a huge supporter of post 1996 GNR, I in no way want to see harm come to their success and would love to see them gain more popularity (especially in the USA). A short performance at the Hall would bring closure and more joy than hatred to the millions of Guns N' Roses fans across the globe.

Duff has expressed his desire to play, Matt has, Slash has, we all know Steven's dying wish... After all, even Axl has expressed it's for the fans. I'm not even talking about just us on an online forum, but the millions of people that have supported GNR from the 80s to now.

Playing would show they could put their differences aside, even if only for a night, and finish what they started 25+ years ago. GNR were those 5 guys that lived off the streets and relied on one another just to survive. The music reflects that and that era deserves closure.

Exactly.

It would be an amazing treat for the millions of fans of the band, many who have been supporting them since the 80s.

Axl has already played with Duff and Izzy.

In 1997 this would have have the effects that people are crying about. But in 2012, Axl playing with Slash for a couple of songs is not going to set the music world abuzz with GnR comeback frenzy

Axl "Bet you never thought you'd see this again, did you!" on stage.

After the show "We have NO plans for a reunion. I'm working hard on GnR. Slash has his solo band and he and Duff/Matt have put together a great thing in Velvet Revolver. To throw all that away to get back together would be disrespectful to all the musicians we are now currently working with. It was a blast to work with the old guys for a couple songs, hope the fans enjoyed it. Now we will all continue working on our current projects. Thank you."

Simple.

Everybody wins.

Positive press for everybody involved.

This is simple.

Axl has no real family except two half-siblings.

Beta wants to make sure she will always have his money at her disposal and make sure Fernando gets a lion share of Axl's estate when Axl dies.

If they push Axl back out there with the rest of the guys and Axl's social circle grows her position gets compromised.

As long as Beta is the new management, we will never see them back on stage.

Her goal is to hold Axl down and make sure she is always #1 in his life. The only way to do that is to keep him locked up and satisfied in his current world.

The reason a Brazilian maid is able to do this is because Axl had a traumatic life. I'm not making excuses for the guy but he clearly has serious psychological problems from his childhood - feelings of abandonment, unloved, no support, etc. Like a parasite, she is feeding off of this and using his problems for her own gain.

great post! the lebeis have too much power

GNR 1-6 -

The effort to promote their most recent record, tour the world and release subsequent records. You complain about the lack of activity over the course of a decade, but fail to see that much of that time was spent rebuilding several times as well as battling for the right to exist when dealing with labels/promoters/managers/etc who all preferred for GNR to fail in the hopes that failure would = reunion. Despite all the stumbling blocks and drama, GNR still exists and has made serious progress since 2009.

To those in power who have finally began to accept that Axl really will not do a reunion under any circumstance and maybe it's time to cooperate and make whatever money can be made from the current band rather than chasing the massive reunion money, any sign of weakness on Axl's part in regards to his refusal to reunite could refuel previous efforts to impede progress by the current band.

If Axl is serious about the current band, his best move (in my opinion) is to show up, be civil, accept the honor, and go home.

As for who wrote the material GNR has been playing, the old band certainly didn't write the 7 songs played from Chinese and Slash only helped write one of the 7 songs played from Illusions. He didn't help write any of the songs played from Lies.

Hypocritical much?

Not at all, but if you're going to make a serious accussation, you better be prepared to back it up. Seems to me like you're making a very lazy attempt to besmirch my name. Why don't you man up and actually explain why you believe I'm being hypocritical instead of just throwing out empty attacks? Why not put a little effort into your posts rather than continuing with lazy and shallow duds?

#trollbetter

Dude, first of all, enough with the #trollbetter. We get it....you take pride is disarming posts by 'cupcakes'. It's really annoying though.

Youre a hypocrite because I've seen you say to about 5 people that they are not qualified to voice their opinions, and why should we consider their opinions etc. etc. then in the next breath you give yours. Kind of funny that you didn't realize that. But I'm done going back n forth with you...you're obviously very bored.

This is simple.

Beta wants to make sure she will always have his money at her disposal and make sure Fernando gets a lion share of Axl's estate when Axl dies.

If they push Axl back out there with the rest of the guys and Axl's social circle grows her position gets compromised.

Her goal is to hold Axl down and make sure she is always #1 in his life. The only way to do that is to keep him locked up and satisfied in his current world.

The reason a Brazilian maid is able to do this is because Axl had a traumatic life. I'm not making excuses for the guy but he clearly has serious psychological problems from his childhood - feelings of abandonment, unloved, no support, etc. Like a parasite, she is feeding off of this and using his problems for her own gain.

+1

sometimes I wish the guy would stop with it period, I mean I don't mean no harm to Slash but he knows damn well how this is gonna to have Axl come off as...but at least he's telling his true feelings I guess, even if they make it clear this would be a one time thing, they'll still look at Axl as the one who is soley making it a one time thing or not

LOL, essentially every former member has said they would play, and people like you are still claiming that somehow Axl is getting unfairly blamed for everything going wrong :rolleyes:

Let me spell this out to you, that isn't what I was talking about, he's backign him into a corner and if Axl doesn't play then whatever's left of his rep with most of the fans/casuals/media or whatever will be gone and they both know it.

That's because the world's media - many who weren't even working at their position back in 1993 - are all part of a huge conspiracy against Axl Rose.

Everyday journalists wake up and say 'Boy, how can we bash Axl Rose today."

They text, email, call each other everyday to come up with ways to trash him.

I actually think that to graduate from a journalism school, you take a lifetime oath that you will bash Axl Rose, a singer from a rock band that was successful in the late 80's and early 90's, at every possible opportunity. And, you actually have to MAKE STUFF UP as well.

:rolleyes:

Fool please,

besides I was wondering when you'd show your behind up. Really glad damn smooth said what he said.

Edited by Nicc

This is simple.

Yes this!

This is simple.

Yes this!

The thing is we don't know how much power do we know they have and/or that Axl doesn't still make his own mind up though?

Axl stated on "That Metal" that he didn't know what they wanted him to do about playing there. Now that was a while ago and I'm going to guess he's had a discussion with someone. But the more I look into this the more it looks like Slash is trying hard to get on stage with Axl again.

I'm pretty sure that Axl also stated on That Metal Show, that he's open to talk/discuss certain things.

Axl stated on "That Metal" that he didn't know what they wanted him to do about playing there. Now that was a while ago and I'm going to guess he's had a discussion with someone. But the more I look into this the more it looks like Slash is trying hard to get on stage with Axl again.I'm pretty sure that Axl also stated on That Metal Show, that he's open to talk/discuss certain things.

probably that, (my point too infact) then again some who crawl up from their file can to call otherwise

This is simple.

And?

They are great, very nice to people who talk to them (check reviews), and with them on charge we got nice streams, no silence and the most important, we know they never will try to fuck up gn'r in favor of a reunion!

I first noticed Axl's fondness for being surrounded by yes men when watching the making of Don't Cry home video way back in 1992. It was some scary shit that someone would be so insecure as to need people to act like that. From Beta to Del James to Dizzy to Jarmo to some people on here who blindly insist that he isn't to blame for anything - its scary to see people blindly support anything he wants no matter how out there. I just got a big stack of 170 old rock magazines from late 1980s and early 1990s and interview after interview with bands like Faith No More and Metallica (and GnR) talk about how difficult a person Axl is who will throw his toys out of the cot if he doesn't get his way. Beta enables this shit because it saves her cleaning some regular person's house earning $4.50 an hour. It's sad to see people take advantage of Axl this way and sad to see that Axl wants to be treated like this.

Slash has made his feelings clear about performing - he would like to. It's pretty obvious that he can't infiltrate the Axl camp which has about 10 levels of security and get through to communicate. He has tried, remember he did turn up to Axl's house to try and talk which Axl's camp turned into a hate campaign against Slash. It was actually a pretty cool thing to do to try talk to him directly but he couldn't get through the guards. So Slash is just communicating his feelings through the media which is his only choice I guess. Some of you guys that are twisting something completely innocent that Slash has said are really scraping the barrel to find shit that just doesn't exist