OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

Damn Smooth is not what you are

I would say the same for you, but something nice and feminine like Sweetness actually does suit you.

5voymo.jpg

you're so witty I don't think I can handle it

I have a question though; when you listen to the old albums and it comes to a guitar solo, do you turn the volume down?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as Beta and her family around, Axl will forever have the memory of Stephanie Seymour breaking up with him and the immediate years that followed in his head.

He wears that shit like an albatross.

I understand that he found someone to comfort him after personal tragedy. But that doesn't necessarily mean Beta was the best person for that role. He should have sought therapy from licensed psychologists instead of pseudoscience.

Remember how upset Axl got after a poster likened Beta and Fernando to Britney Spears' maid and her maids' son? That's what sparked the original Dexter chats.

I know Axl supporters will chime in with "it's none of your business!".

Well what *is* my business is knowing that all things can be forgiven, and that holding hatred in your heart causes it to blacken.

I think Axl is capable of forgiving the past, but others are persuading him against it.

The ultimate question:

Why won't they let Axl acknowledge and let go of the past? What are they afraid of?

I'm a big fan of Axl and I think there may be some truth to this. But who knows he may have sought proper therapy over the years but some people are incapable of getting over their problems similar to drug addicts in which some people recover completely then some relapse again and again and some unfortunatlely die. I think it's good that Beta has been there for him over the years as a mother and friend but I think there is likely to be some unhealthy dependency and control from both sides also. Also the expression 'you are who you surround yourself with' comes to mind. I mean Axl hasn't changed that much over the years since he's been around Beta. If anything he has become more angry. 20 years later he still refuses to bury old rifts with bandmates-still calling Slash a cancer in 2009 and bashing some poster on the net calling her a 'lesbian'. He still living in the past. If you're living with positive people wouldn't that influence your behavior and lead you to mature and move on. I always wonder what happened with Slash that could've been so bad for Axl. Who knows haha

I would say the same for you, but something nice and feminine like Sweetness actually does suit you.

5voymo.jpg

I have a question though; when you listen to the old albums and it comes to a guitar solo, do you turn the volume down?

Why would I do that when I have always said that I loved Slash in GN'R? It's every single thing that he's done post GN'R that I don't like.

It is also my opinion that Bucket and Ron are both so far above Slash in talent, that I have no need for a reunion. If you had asked me before 2001, I would have been sitting right next to you whining about a reunion. I will take Bucket's TWAT solo and Ron's Catcher solo over any solo from the old band.

Slash would have no place in my dream lineup. Neither would DJ, but that's beside the point.

If you could have any lineup you wanted; why would you pick Slash?

5voymo.jpg

Why would I do that when I have always said that I loved Slash in GN'R? It's every single thing that he's done post GN'R that I don't like.

It is also my opinion that Bucket and Ron are both so far above Slash in talent, that I have no need for a reunion. If you had asked me before 2001, I would have been sitting right next to you whining about a reunion. I will take Bucket's TWAT solo and Ron's Catcher solo over any solo from the old band.

Slash would have no place in my dream lineup. Neither would DJ, but that's beside the point.

I would pick Slash because he was there for the best of GNR. You are making the mistake of picking guitarists who you think are more talented than Slash but he was at least equal to Axls talent. in all of this we never question Axls genius. Its as if he is beyond reproach but he has written some fucking stinkers.

You have to realise that to fans who were fans way back then the question of "why would you pick Slash?" Is just like asking "why would you pick Axl as the singer" They were both as important then. The fact that Axl now owns GNR makes it seem as if he was always the man steering the ship.

5voymo.jpg

I would pick Slash because he was there for the best of GNR. You are making the mistake of picking guitarists who you think are more talented than Slash but he was at least equal to Axls talent. in all of this we never question Axls genius. Its as if he is beyond reproach but he has written some fucking stinkers.

You have to realise that to fans who were fans way back then the question of "why would you pick Slash?" Is just like asking "why would you pick Axl as the singer" They were both as important then. The fact that Axl now owns GNR makes it seem as if he was always the man steering the ship.

Bullshit, I have been a fan since 88. I was in line for the Illusions, and I wouldn't pick Slash.

Axl's genius is never questioned? Do you even have any clue about where you are?

My least favorite songs, ITW and My World, have absolutely nothing to do with Slash.

My problem is that Slash has proven that he isn't that good on his own. He really needs Axl and/or Izzy to inspire him to do anything decent.

I think u are putting to much importance into it.

This is rock and roll. Axl could play a couple songs with the old guys and it won't have lifetime career consequences.

It would just be a fun thing to do. Nothing more, nothing less.

THIS. Holy shit people over analyze the absolute hell out of this rrhof thing. All this talk about it undoing the new bands progress, etc. is just so absurd to me.

Look around the forum. Every thread on the RRHOF seems to go on endlessly regardless of whether there is any substance to the statements about it. Even the umm, I dont know statements generate countless analyses and dissections. The simple fact is that people WILL over-analyze this and if Axl was to perform with the old line-up, many will wax poetic about just how magical that was and how inferior everything else could ever be. They could stand there all glum not bothering to acknowledge each other's existence but people will still expound on the unbearably glorious chemistry between them.

Its not about whether it has "lifetime" consequences- its just needless brouhaha which Axl seems to have no appetite for. He doesnt have to see it as a "fun thing" just because somebody else does.

The forum is full of die hard fans. 20-25 forum posters debating the situation does not equal to what the rest of the music world is doing.

Outside of this forum, nobody is sitting around their water cooler arguing about if Axl should play or not.

And your last sentence sort of sums it all up.

It SHOULD just be a fun thing for Axl to do. It shouldn't cause Axl stress or be "needless brouhaha" for Axl to have an appetite or not for. He shouldn't care what a few fans say on a forum. Why in the world does he care at all about that sort of stuff?

He created the greatest debut rock album of all time with this group of guys. He battled with them from living basically on the streets to becoming multi-millionares and ruling the rock world for a few years. Then they broke up and went their seperate ways.

Look at The Eagles. Look at Van Halen. Lots of people have feuds, hate each other......then they get older and realize that life is too short to consantly be angry about everything. And that we are just dealing with ROCK MUSIC here. Playing a song on stage doesn't mean you have to become best friends, soul mates and lovers. It's band members jamming for 15 minutes.

To me, it would be sad if Axl can't step back on stage with a group of guys and play a couple songs, and then get back to his normal life. Life is too short to carry a grudge and be angry for decades and decades.

Axl is an adult and can do whatever he wants. Makes no difference to me what he decides to do. I'm not his boss, his wife, his manager or even his friend. He is free to do whatever the hell he wants. I'm just voicing my opinion on a GnR message board, just like YOU are doing as well.

Speaking as a fan, I would love to see the old group play a few songs together. Why wouldn't anybody who is a fan of GnR want to see the old guys jam for a bit?

Thats what music is about. Taking the stage and playing the songs. Not lawyers, and feuds and hating one another and all that other drama. The stage is where all that other stuff should dissapear and the music should be all that matters. Music should bring people together!!!!!

Actually, people who are on this forum may be more likely to give the new-er lineup a chance because they are aware of what it has to offer. The average person out there usually does not make the effort to make up his/her own mind about everything based on personal research. The media is likely to present any performance with the old lineup regardless of its quality as vastly superior to anything Axl has achieved with the newer lineups because that is the safe thing to say and that will be enough for most average people.

Frankly, I find it delusional that you're trying to lay out some detailed vision of what Axl "SHOULD" feel- that at least I would imagine you would leave up to him and not decide to pontificate on yourself. Do you usually go out asking people for advice on what you should feel about things before you feel something?

What other bands have done or come to realize etc is irrelevant. Each band is different and every relationship is different- Axl HAS jammed with old members before and those trying to relive old memories can simply check out those performances. There's no sign that Axl is "constantly angry about everything". If he truly WANTED to play with all the old guys, it would mean something different. But why should he make a move simply for the sake of a certain kind of "political correctness" if he does not want to? There are many couples who are able to retain a decent relationship after their marriage/relationship fails and others who just dont want to associate at all- its not necessarily about "hate", you may just not want to re-visit that same place anymore. Why wouldnt a fan be able to understand that people are all different and don't have to want what you want?

The idea that music "should" bring people together is a cliche which while being true is meaningless. All human beings are part of the same specie, human emotions have the same basic scale, yet people fight over natural resources, ideologies, political positions etc etc- that's the reality. Music should bring people together yet there are 20 page threads of vehement arguments about whether Ashba or Finck or somebody else bends the right note the right way or whether somebody plays with "soul" or not or whether the band should be playing covers or not. That's the reality.

As a big time fan of old gnr, new gnr, and hardcore fan/supporter of Axl I am only hoping and expecting one thing from him. Honesty. In a perfect world I would love to see them accept the award together and play a few songs then go off on there merry way. Unfortunately, we dont live in a perfect world. But being that I , like many of you, have supported Axl and his vision of GnR since the get go I fully expect and quite frankly demand honesty. Honesty about this situation. A very complicated and tricky one yes, but one that doesnt have to be as such.

All Im asking from Axl is to do whatever the fuck you want regarding the ceremony but do not hide behind any excuses. Just come out and say what and how you feel and why you decided to do whatever you end up doing. I dont want to hear how no one approached him, how Steven mumbled something and fucked it all up, how Slash is using the media against him, Izzy doesnt want to do it, etc etc.

If you really dont want to do this, for the fans, to an extent Ill understand. But please do not hide behind any type of excuse. You are Axl Rose. You call the shots. If you want to take over the band name and vision of gnr with that comes responsibility and accountability. If you want to make this happen, it CAN and WILL happen. ALl you have to do is pick up the phone. Its that simple. If its not, tell us why its not.

And if you really dont want to play with the old lineup. No biggie...and I truly mean that. Im willing to give you that but please dont give any excuses. Come out and say you hate Slash or you just dont feel like its the right thing to do. Whatever the reason, please be truthful and honest about it.

Im just asking as a big time fan that Axl is very open and truthful about this whole process. That, at the very least, isnt too much to ask for.

I think u are putting to much importance into it.

This is rock and roll. Axl could play a couple songs with the old guys and it won't have lifetime career consequences.

It would just be a fun thing to do. Nothing more, nothing less.

THIS. Holy shit people over analyze the absolute hell out of this rrhof thing. All this talk about it undoing the new bands progress, etc. is just so absurd to me.

Look around the forum. Every thread on the RRHOF seems to go on endlessly regardless of whether there is any substance to the statements about it. Even the umm, I dont know statements generate countless analyses and dissections. The simple fact is that people WILL over-analyze this and if Axl was to perform with the old line-up, many will wax poetic about just how magical that was and how inferior everything else could ever be. They could stand there all glum not bothering to acknowledge each other's existence but people will still expound on the unbearably glorious chemistry between them.

Its not about whether it has "lifetime" consequences- its just needless brouhaha which Axl seems to have no appetite for. He doesnt have to see it as a "fun thing" just because somebody else does.

The forum is full of die hard fans. 20-25 forum posters debating the situation does not equal to what the rest of the music world is doing.

Outside of this forum, nobody is sitting around their water cooler arguing about if Axl should play or not.

And your last sentence sort of sums it all up.

It SHOULD just be a fun thing for Axl to do. It shouldn't cause Axl stress or be "needless brouhaha" for Axl to have an appetite or not for. He shouldn't care what a few fans say on a forum. Why in the world does he care at all about that sort of stuff?

He created the greatest debut rock album of all time with this group of guys. He battled with them from living basically on the streets to becoming multi-millionares and ruling the rock world for a few years. Then they broke up and went their seperate ways.

Look at The Eagles. Look at Van Halen. Lots of people have feuds, hate each other......then they get older and realize that life is too short to consantly be angry about everything. And that we are just dealing with ROCK MUSIC here. Playing a song on stage doesn't mean you have to become best friends, soul mates and lovers. It's band members jamming for 15 minutes.

To me, it would be sad if Axl can't step back on stage with a group of guys and play a couple songs, and then get back to his normal life. Life is too short to carry a grudge and be angry for decades and decades.

Axl is an adult and can do whatever he wants. Makes no difference to me what he decides to do. I'm not his boss, his wife, his manager or even his friend. He is free to do whatever the hell he wants. I'm just voicing my opinion on a GnR message board, just like YOU are doing as well.

Speaking as a fan, I would love to see the old group play a few songs together. Why wouldn't anybody who is a fan of GnR want to see the old guys jam for a bit?

Thats what music is about. Taking the stage and playing the songs. Not lawyers, and feuds and hating one another and all that other drama. The stage is where all that other stuff should dissapear and the music should be all that matters. Music should bring people together!!!!!

Actually, people who are on this forum may be more likely to give the new-er lineup a chance because they are aware of what it has to offer. The average person out there usually does not make the effort to make up his/her own mind about everything based on personal research. The media is likely to present any performance with the old lineup regardless of its quality as vastly superior to anything Axl has achieved with the newer lineups because that is the safe thing to say and that will be enough for most average people.

Frankly, I find it delusional that you're trying to lay out some detailed vision of what Axl "SHOULD" feel- that at least I would imagine you would leave up to him and not decide to pontificate on yourself. Do you usually go out asking people for advice on what you should feel about things before you feel something?

What other bands have done or come to realize etc is irrelevant. Each band is different and every relationship is different- Axl HAS jammed with old members before and those trying to relive old memories can simply check out those performances. There's no sign that Axl is "constantly angry about everything". If he truly WANTED to play with all the old guys, it would mean something different. But why should he make a move simply for the sake of a certain kind of "political correctness" if he does not want to? There are many couples who are able to retain a decent relationship after their marriage/relationship fails and others who just dont want to associate at all- its not necessarily about "hate", you may just not want to re-visit that same place anymore. Why wouldnt a fan be able to understand that people are all different and don't have to want what you want?

The idea that music "should" bring people together is a cliche which while being true is meaningless. All human beings are part of the same specie, human emotions have the same basic scale, yet people fight over natural resources, ideologies, political positions etc etc- that's the reality. Music should bring people together yet there are 20 page threads of vehement arguments about whether Ashba or Finck or somebody else bends the right note the right way or whether somebody plays with "soul" or not or whether the band should be playing covers or not. That's the reality.

You find it "delusional" that I'm laying out what I think Axl should do or feel..........but you are doing the exact same thing. Whats the difference? Why are you allowed to give your thoughts on Axl and what he should/shouldn't do? AND, I'm saying that I think what Axl is doing is wrong - and you bash me for that. BUT, my friend, again - you are telling ME that what I'm doing is wrong!!!!! Why can you tell me I'm wrong - but I can't tell Axl I think he is wrong? Why the double standards??????

Let's get real though.

This is a GnR forum. Where people who are fans of a band come to share their thoughts and opinions on the band.

It isn't a GnR worship site, where we all come to just praise and worship everything he does.

A forum is a place for people to share ideas!!!!!!!! Why are the Axl die-hard worshipers soooo against that happening? Are you a sports fan? Go to any sports site, any sports bar, any house where a group is gathered together to watch a sporting events. What do you get? People talking about the teams. None of them are professional GMs or ex-players. They are just FANS getting together to chat about sports.

You guys take everything so personal, and act like it's your job to defend and speak for Axl. It isn't. He isn't going to read your posts and think "Wow, that Rabia sounds like a cool chick. I think I'll send her a PM and we can form a friendship."

You skipped the part of my post where I said that Axl can do whatever he wants, and that I'm just giiving my opinion as a fan.

Your last paragraph is comparing fans to actual band members, so I'm not sure where you were going with that.

Being a fan is different than being a musician in a band.

And that sucks. Surely you are not so jaded in life that you really don't think music can bring people together? That is a sad state of affairs if it is true. Lots of things should bring people together. We should be able to get past the anger and hate and enjoy things together. I argue with SoulMonster all the time on here, but if I ran into him at a GnR concert next month I would have a friendly conversation and enjoy the show with him. I wouldn't carry a grudge and refuse to speak to him.

So again.

Axl can do whatever he wants.

I'm a fan, posting my opinion on a forum (which is what forums are designed for).

And I think the overall scenario is sad. A group of lowlifes get together, shock the entire world, record the greatest debut rock album of all time, rule the rock world for a few years, and then explode and go their own ways. It is sad that that group of guys, 20 years later, can't get back together and play a couple songs at an awards ceremony. (Taking away your God Axl out of the picture and just using the facts I just said, no Axl bias) - you can't admit that it's a sad situation?

As a big time fan of old gnr, new gnr, and hardcore fan/supporter of Axl I am only hoping and expecting one thing from him. Honesty. In a perfect world I would love to see them accept the award together and play a few songs then go off on there merry way. Unfortunately, we dont live in a perfect world. But being that I , like many of you, have supported Axl and his vision of GnR since the get go I fully expect and quite frankly demand honesty. Honesty about this situation. A very complicated and tricky one yes, but one that doesnt have to be as such.

All Im asking from Axl is to do whatever the fuck you want regarding the ceremony but do not hide behind any excuses. Just come out and say what and how you feel and why you decided to do whatever you end up doing. I dont want to hear how no one approached him, how Steven mumbled something and fucked it all up, how Slash is using the media against him, Izzy doesnt want to do it, etc etc.

If you really dont want to do this, for the fans, to an extent Ill understand. But please do not hide behind any type of excuse. You are Axl Rose. You call the shots. If you want to take over the band name and vision of gnr with that comes responsibility and accountability. If you want to make this happen, it CAN and WILL happen. ALl you have to do is pick up the phone. Its that simple. If its not, tell us why its not.

And if you really dont want to play with the old lineup. No biggie...and I truly mean that. Im willing to give you that but please dont give any excuses. Come out and say you hate Slash or you just dont feel like its the right thing to do. Whatever the reason, please be truthful and honest about it.

Im just asking as a big time fan that Axl is very open and truthful about this whole process. That, at the very least, isnt too much to ask for.

You should have asked for more cats.

I personally think the claim that it would undo "everything" Axl has done is just silly

I don't know that it would undo "everything" as that is very vague. Here is what it COULD undo.

Any progress that Axl has made over the years of convincing the industry, his label and the fans that a reunion is NOT something he would consider and that it's "take it or leave it" in regards to him continuing the band without Slash N' Duff . . . that progress, which has taken YEARS AND YEARS, could be seriously undone, even by a one night reunion.

If he's serious about continuing the band without Slasn N' Duff, it's not something he can really afford to budge on in my opinion.

If you are UMG or Live Nation or whoever else, GNR + Slash = a lot more money for you than GNR w/o Slash. I'm sure there has been all sorts of underhanded things done over the years to harm current GNR in hopes it would lead to a reunion.

The progress that has been made in convincing people that Axl is serious about sticking to his guns and continuing the band w/o Slash and that he would not reunite under any circumstance would be irreparably harmed by performing with Slash at the Hall of Fame.

I'm not claiming to know why Axl wouldn't perform, I'm simply presenting a possible reason of why it would not be in current GNR's best interest.

Keep this up and I might like you.

GNR 1-6 -

The effort to promote their most recent record, tour the world and release subsequent records. You complain about the lack of activity over the course of a decade, but fail to see that much of that time was spent rebuilding several times as well as battling for the right to exist when dealing with labels/promoters/managers/etc who all preferred for GNR to fail in the hopes that failure would = reunion. Despite all the stumbling blocks and drama, GNR still exists and has made serious progress since 2009.

To those in power who have finally began to accept that Axl really will not do a reunion under any circumstance and maybe it's time to cooperate and make whatever money can be made from the current band rather than chasing the massive reunion money, any sign of weakness on Axl's part in regards to his refusal to reunite could refuel previous efforts to impede progress by the current band.

If Axl is serious about the current band, his best move (in my opinion) is to show up, be civil, accept the honor, and go home.

As for who wrote the material GNR has been playing, the old band certainly didn't write the 7 songs played from Chinese and Slash only helped write one of the 7 songs played from Illusions. He didn't help write any of the songs played from Lies.

I know I tried to ignore you but I cant help it. You nitpick with other people when you think they make statements as facts, so could you please tell me how you know as a fact that Slash "only helped write one of the 7 songs played from Illusions". How do you know? Is it the writing credits? Is it what other people have said? becasue none of this would make it a cact and Im curious how an overweight wrestler knows the exact truth.

Dont bother humiliating yourself again by offering the 10k bet, just have another couple of donuts.

IMO playing together as the old group would do more harm than good at this point, I fucking hate to say that but it is reality. I love the new band as well so for me I am torn. Playing one song would open the floodgates so to speak about getting back together, it would never end.

Do more harm than good? Guns N Roses is a Rock Band?

What harm would come of it? Just fucking play a few tunes!

Dude, first of all, enough with the #trollbetter. We get it....you take pride is disarming posts by 'cupcakes'. It's really annoying though.

Youre a hypocrite because I've seen you say to about 5 people that they are not qualified to voice their opinions, and why should we consider their opinions etc. etc. then in the next breath you give yours. Kind of funny that you didn't realize that. But I'm done going back n forth with you...you're obviously very bored.

Maybe you wouldn't find it annoying if you weren't a cupcake that was being disarmed.

Please show me five examples of me saying to people that they aren't qualified to voice their opinions. I am completely in favor of opinions. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I think that is great.

What I am against is people speaking about things they know nothing about as if the things they are saying are fact. You obviously do not understand that distinction, which is why you view things I say as being the equivalent of things others say, when nothing could be further from the truth.

You're done going back and forth with me because you fear the facts. You fear people being held accountable. Perhaps when you find some courage, you will be able to

#trollbetter

Are you educated at all?

I only ask because your hypocrisy could maybe be explained if you had been held back somehow in your minds development.

Your efforts to call people out on their grammar and facts are, at best embarrassing and at worst show signs of mild to moderate learning disability.

Edited by spunko12345

A one night reunion wouldn't undo anything at all

Ever since getting this new group together, every interview, magazine, concert, concert review etc etc has mentioned the original band. It's something that Axl has in his life every day. The RNRHOF may have brought it to a head for him in a way that he cannot completely ignore but the connection to the old band has been there since the old one broke up and it will be there until Axl is gone and beyond. There's no escaping it, ever

So seeing as in the bulk of people's eyes Guns N' Roses means the original guys, there isn't anything to undo really because the new band is never going to be fully accepted - for most people their baseline Guns N' Roses is the original band

If Axl really wanted to forget the past, and I mean properly, then come the RNRHOF he would announce the end of Guns N' Roses and never use the name again

Come the next day he would then start touring as Axl Rose and play no old GNR songs again. THAT is the only way to leave the original members behind if he truly does want to do that

I personally think the claim that it would undo "everything" Axl has done is just silly

I don't know that it would undo "everything" as that is very vague. Here is what it COULD undo.

Any progress that Axl has made over the years of convincing the industry, his label and the fans that a reunion is NOT something he would consider and that it's "take it or leave it" in regards to him continuing the band without Slash N' Duff . . . that progress, which has taken YEARS AND YEARS, could be seriously undone, even by a one night reunion.

If he's serious about continuing the band without Slasn N' Duff, it's not something he can really afford to budge on in my opinion.

If you are UMG or Live Nation or whoever else, GNR + Slash = a lot more money for you than GNR w/o Slash. I'm sure there has been all sorts of underhanded things done over the years to harm current GNR in hopes it would lead to a reunion.

The progress that has been made in convincing people that Axl is serious about sticking to his guns and continuing the band w/o Slash and that he would not reunite under any circumstance would be irreparably harmed by performing with Slash at the Hall of Fame.

I agree Slash + Axl = a lot more money for the label and concert promoters... But playing one night together will not undo what Axl is trying to do, in-fact I think the opposite. It would give the band some much needed positive press. I think the USA tour did better this time because they got the jolt and free press of being inducted into the HOF. No matter what reunion is always going to be what the masses prefer but the more Axl preforms and gets this current band out for people to see the better albums and concerts will sell. In the end it will come down to Axl saying yes or no and he will get killed in the press for not preforming with the guys that helped get him where he is today. also even-though nuguns isnt as marketable as old-guns, its still a money making venture for promoters and the label.

I'm not claiming to know why Axl wouldn't perform, I'm simply presenting a possible reason of why it would not be in current GNR's best interest.

Are you educated at all?

I only ask because your hypocrisy could maybe be explained if you had been held back somehow in your minds development.

Your efforts to call people out on their grammar and facts are, at best embarrassing and at worst show signs of mild to moderate learning disability.

Then I would encourage you to post examples that support your premise. Questioning my level of education instead of posting the information that would prove your case seems like an odd tactic.

To answer your question, I was a child prodigy that was forced to attend college at the age of 11 after previously taking the college SAT at the age of 10 and scoring a perfect score of 1600. I do not by any means have a learning disability, but I definitely believe my mind's natural development was harmed by this very traumatic period of my childhood.

You are beyond a joke. If you met Axl Rose tomorrow what would you say to him and what do you think he would say to you?

Edited by spunko12345

Groghan, the difference is crystal clear- I'm not stipulating what Axl "should" do or feel, I'm simply explaining what should be painfully obvious that if he WANTED to do it, he would but since he appears not to want it, that is his decision to make. You on the other hand are speaking out of both sides of your mouth saying that "Axl is free to do whatever he wants" but then laying out what he "SHOULD" feel- what a laughable idea.

The difference here is that you're trying to tell a human being how they should feel and I'm able to understand that that's not for me to decide. There's no confusion here except for whatever confusion you are trying to manufacture.

And also, nowhere did I tell you not post what you felt- that's just you doing your poor little me routine again, oh tortured soul. I simply asked you a question- do you go out and do a poll of what people want you to fell before you feel something? Still waiting for an answer but since its incovenient for you, I know there will be none forthcoming.

Haha! Its funny that you are overflowing here with the importance of people giving their "opinion" when all you seem to do is go around labelling people for giving opinions differing from yours. If people explain to you, hey Groghan, you know what, it really is no business of yours to proclaim on what people SHOULD feel, it must be because they "worship" Axl and are waiting for a bosom-buddy relationship to blossom with him. Its funny how predictable you are- people who seem capable of understanding that Axl might actually have the right to (Gasp!) his own point of view on things are often silenced here by labelling them as vultures for backstage passes etc so you conjured up a similarly tired old storyline for me.

The fact is that I live in Pakistan where GN'R are not likely to ever tour and the possibility of my ever meeting Axl are probably zilch. I know that he will never know that I exist- you on the other hand seem to think that posting the same monotonous litany of complaints on every thread would shake up Axl's world and you'll enlighten everyone with the light that only you possess.

Yeah, lots of things "should" happen- we are all GN'R fans and you should respect that but instead you go from thread to thread labeling people when you are unable to defend you weak arguments; you should be able to understand that you dont have to come running to "defend" good sense and logic against Axl and "Axl worshippers" because nobody died and made you the king of good sense anyway and because nobody said anything about "worshipping" Axl. In other words, you "should" start ACTUALLY listening to people rather than the voices in your head.

I think what's "sad" is that you cant seem to enjoy the RRHOF unless it happens on your terms, exactly the way you want it to. The fact that the group of guys who shook the world etc etc are being recognized for it is good enough for me, I will not attempt to charter the course of their emotions for them. And that's the only RATIONAL position to take- not trying to tell a grown adult who I dont know what he "should" feel.

Edited by rabia

You are beyond a joke. If you met Axl Rose tomorrow what would you say to him and what do you think he would say to you?

Yet another post where you refuse to post anything that supports your original premise. You instead resort to name calling. Very weak and very lazy. You need to step up your game. You need to

#trollbetter

P.S. If I met Axl Rose tomorrow I would say, "Hey man, looking forward to the next record. Take care." I have no idea what he would say to me. Maybe he'd say, "Thanks for not leaking it."

Your stupidity gets pointed out to you in almost every thread and when it does you ignore it so your fucking tapped if you think im going to waste my time pointing out every example because they are too numerous.

A notable one however was when you tried to call someone out for expressing an opinion as a fact when you failed to realise that that is all you had been doing. Also when you failed to grasp the difference between a statement and a fact and tried to illustrate your point with some garbeled, fuckwitted nonsense about how you love dogs.

You get routinely humiliated and the most pathetic aspect is that you fail to see it and act as if your an authority on a all matters.

Like I said before you are a fucking joke.

Edited by spunko12345