OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would seeing Axl on stage performing with Slash be good enough for you? I think that's what we all want to see more than anything else. Yeah, it would be cool if it was the whole AFD lineup, but I really just want to see Axl and Slash when it comes right down to it. We all know that the two of them together (under the GNR name) could sell out stadiums around the world.

Seeing Axl on stage with Slash be enough for me

No point if Izzy isn't there.

Izzy's never been a performer. He was the man who wrote the songs but as far as performing? Personally, if I saw Duff, Slash and Axl onstage, that would be enough imo.

Edited by Nintari

It would be like getting a great blowjob from my dream girl and not fucking her. Sure I would love it and it would be awesome, but the whole fucking package would be much better. Well, Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Matt, not Steven.

Fuck Steven, he can stay on the side lines with his crack pipe and speech therapist for all i care.

it sucks that axl really isn't in a position where he can afford to not go.

but izzy? fuck man, no showing the hall of fame is the most rock n' roll thing you can do.

having a hall of fame for rock n' roll is probably the least rock n' roll thing i've ever heard of.

He's always been like that. I remember in 1992 when introducing The Ju Ju Hounds, he would say something like: "Yeah, you know... I was in this band Guns N' Roses :shrugs:".

He's probably thinking now: "RNRHOF? Where is that? Cleveland? Nah, not interested :sleeper:".

I'd be happy if it was Axl and Slash, no rhythm guitar, no bass, no drums. Axl's reconciled with every member but Slash. I want Slash and him to be friends again. I understand it's not my life and blah blah blah, but it's just a pipedream of mine. They had a bromance going, and the whole mess is just really sad.

Just seeing them smiling and hugging and making jokes... That's what I want.

But a performance would be most ideal, of course.

Wow, dude that would be more than enough! I'd be happy if they both got up on stage to accept the award, a performance would blow my mind.

I can guaranty that if that ever happens (and doesn't look awkward or forced) I would cry. I really would.

Edited by KiraMPD

Izzy's never been a performer. He was the man who wrote the songs but as far as performing? Personally, if I saw Duff, Slash and Axl onstage, that would be enough imo.

Izzy's never been a performer[2]

Izzy lost interest in the band at the very beginning of 1991. He was tired, bored, exhausted. Go check some bootlegs of "The Ju Ju Hounds" (1992 - 1993), he was having fun there. With GN'R everything was boring.

Funny how everything gets blamed on Axl and yet Izzy is completely immune from criticism and has been since he was in the band.

Not saying Axl should be blamed for everything, but what has Izzy actually done to be criticized for? He left the band before things went downhill? He played on all the classic albums? He wrote some of their greatest songs? I don't see what there is to be criticize Izzy about. Izzy just did his thing.

Izzy lost interest in the band at the very beginning of 1991. He was tired, bored, exhausted. Go check some bootlegs of "The Ju Ju Hounds" (1992 - 1993), he was having fun there. With GN'R everything was boring.

Izzy's never been a performer? He did hundreds of shows with GNR, and even in Lafayette, wasn't he playing in local bands?

Izzy losing interest in the band is a whole other thing - it was not wanting to deal with Axl anymore, it was about dealing with his drug use, and the monstrosity GNR became. I thought he enjoyed the Skin N Bones tour though.

Izzy's never been a performer? He did hundreds of shows with GNR, and even in Lafayette, wasn't he playing in local bands?

Izzy losing interest in the band is a whole other thing - it was not wanting to deal with Axl anymore, it was about dealing with his drug use, and the monstrosity GNR became. I thought he enjoyed the Skin N Bones tour though.

That's what I was trying to say. And unfortunately no, he didn't enjoy the Skin N' Bones tour.

Nevertheless, Izzy did return briefly to the Gunners, in 1993, after Gilby Clarke, his short-lived replacement, busted his hand in a dirt bike accident. For the fans, it was a welcome return for one of the original members. For Izzy, "It was weird. We toured Greece, Istanbul, London - I liked that side of it, seeing some places I'd never seen."

But that was the only thing he did like about it. After he'd left the band, he had "a big shitload of money sitting somewhere [for me] and they weren't paying me [it]. I don't know the deal was, some kind of legal bullshit." Funds, he claims, which were only released after he agreed to come back temporarily. "Money was a big sore point. I did the dates just for salary. I mean, I helped start this band..." Up comes the guitar again. A flurry of angry notes ensue.

These were his final shows with Guns N' Roses. He left without saying goodbye. "I didn't actually say 'see you' cos they were all fucked up. They didn't even recognize me. It was really bizarre. It was like playing with zombies. Ah man, it was just horrible. Nobody was laughing anymore..."

I just feel like they did it better and looked better way back when. now it would be like for nostalgia. I'll never believe they like each other. So it would just to please us but it wouldn't cos it wouldn't ring true. but maybe they should do it for the people want it.