OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

How classy would it be if Axl came out with one of his press releases saying that for one night and one night only...only for the fans...that he will play a few songs with the band. And then go there separate ways. The world will always want and ask for a gnr reunion. Promoters have been throwing offers at Axl for yrs. All that wont change. So why not throw a bone to the people who got you there. I respect Axls decision to carry on the gnr name. I have been on his side this whole time. Playing one night with the old band is not caving in, is not selling out.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Axl should reach out to Slash on April 14th.

...that is, if you count "reaching out to him" as a nice left cross to Slash's face.

btw, I wonder if Rod Stewart's ever heard Axl's rendition of Sailing. It's a phenomenal cover and one of my favorite live GNR performances.

Honestly, if I were the guys I would leave Axl at his table, get up there and have a great time. Let the whole world see who the problem is (not that everyone doesn't already know) but they should just do it. Let Axl sit there with his lap dog DJ telling him he's the shit.

Then let the camera sit there infront of Axl being a petty dick, refusing to get up there with a little sour face. Shame him, if he's going to be such a brat about the whole thing.

FFS the guy has been handed a lifetime of doing nothing but whatever he wants to do and he can't even get up and play afew songs. Pathetic.

This would be an ideal post if it was shall we say AFTER it was all said and done

damn do some get that concept around these parts (other boards) at ALL?

BuT NoBoDy ShOuLd HaVe To PlAy WiTh SoMeBoDy ThEy HaTe

"No matter how much money they throw in our faces, there's no reason for us to get together...unless there's a mutual respect and understanding...and we're way far from that."

-Slash

It shouldn't be about the money, it should be about the fans...I totally agree with what Rod/Ronnie are saying.

"I would say just swallow your pride and play a few songs for the people who put you there," he said. "Then you can start your personal gripes, you know? Try and do a bit for the people, because they all love Guns N' Roses. Doesn't matter if you have little squabbles amongst yourselves. Play your gig."

If Axl is not going to listen to his fans, at least, he should heed the words of a Rolling stone.

I think Rod and Ron are cool and all, but I don't think either of them know the true problems, and the extent of those problems. They are speaking as if it's really simple, but we all know the back and fourth comments between the original 5 guys since 1997, and it hasn't been pretty.

So I think these 2 are just producing the "simple" answer and solution, but we know it's REALLY not as simple as 1,2,3. :rolleyes:

Edited by One.In.A.Million

Honestly, if I were the guys I would leave Axl at his table, get up there and have a great time. Let the whole world see who the problem is (not that everyone doesn't already know) but they should just do it. Let Axl sit there with his lap dog DJ telling him he's the shit.

Then let the camera sit there infront of Axl being a petty dick, refusing to get up there with a little sour face. Shame him, if he's going to be such a brat about the whole thing.

FFS the guy has been handed a lifetime of doing nothing but whatever he wants to do and he can't even get up and play afew songs. Pathetic.

I'm at the point where I don't see the classic lineup playing or even sharing the same stage to accept the award. However, I'm with you. Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steven. Get up there and jam. Get whoever to sing a couple classic Gn'R tunes. Don't know who. Steven Tyler? Maybe he'd be up for it.

Edit: I'd still lose my shit just to see those four jamming again.

Edited by GnR Chris

How classy would it be if Axl came out with one of his press releases saying that for one night and one night only...only for the fans...that he will play a few songs with the band. And then go there separate ways. The world will always want and ask for a gnr reunion. Promoters have been throwing offers at Axl for yrs. All that wont change. So why not throw a bone to the people who got you there. I respect Axls decision to carry on the gnr name. I have been on his side this whole time. Playing one night with the old band is not caving in, is not selling out.

Exactly what I've been saying since day one. The general population will always want a reunion over what we have now regardless. A one night only show won't do much to change that. Especially if Axl just emphasized that notion beforehand. It's just petty and stupid that he won't do it. Slash didn't mass murder Axl's family, they had a falling out over what to do with the band. 17 years ago. Get the fuck it already. Throw the fans a bone already and put the pissing contest aside for 20 minutes. What's complex about that?

Well said.

My expectations are low. I don't think Axl will perform, and I don't know if Izzy will even show up at the induction.

I'm hoping for an Axl and Slash reconciliation, keeping it dignified, and Adler not fucking shit up. Will be interesting.

I think Rod and Ron are cool and all, but I don't think either of them know the true problems, and the extent of those problems. They are speaking as if it's really simple, but we all know the back and fourth comments between the original 5 guys since 1997, and it hasn't been pretty.

So I think these 2 are just producing the "simple" answer and solution, but we know it's REALLY not as simple as 1,2,3. :rolleyes:

I really cannot see whats not simple about the GNR breakup. It may seem complicated with the issue with the name, various lawsuits back and forth and musical differences but these are things that are common in the music industry and if they acted as adults and communicated a bit better then they could have worked through it with a little compromise.

Axls people like to use the fact that he wont compromise as a huge positive characteristic but I see it as being whats ruined a lot of his hard work. They are not the first band to ever have huge arguments, but they are maybe the most stubborn, immature, egotistical, pig headed, emotionally retarded group ever to walk onto a stage.

I really cannot see whats not simple about the GNR breakup. It may seem complicated with the issue with the name, various lawsuits back and forth and musical differences but these are things that are common in the music industry and if they acted as adults and communicated a bit better then they could have worked through it with a little compromise.

Axls people like to use the fact that he wont compromise as a huge positive characteristic but I see it as being whats ruined a lot of his hard work. They are not the first band to ever have huge arguments, but they are maybe the most stubborn, immature, egotistical, pig headed, emotionally retarded group ever to walk onto a stage.

LOLOL

Well said.

I agree, That is exactly what they should do!