OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

You think that im being flippant and deliberately confrontational but I have been calling Axl out on his racist and homophobic abuse for decades. I have never got a explanation to the one in a million lyrics that doesnt seem like a person who plays the victim and sees this as a reason to do whatever he feels like. regardless of the rules for other people. , and If you are prepared to think that its OK for Axl to be homophobic in his rants then why cant everyone else? You seem to think that an 80's star has a free pass, and Im curious why that would be.

And by the way dont you fucking dare think Im trolling with this. This is the reason why Axl is hated by a large proportion of the earths population.

Because the world is not fair and not everyone is treated equally. The 80s star has a free pass because he's an 80s star. Status comes with privilege, whether it's fair and deserved or not.

But to me status doesn't automatically come with privilege. I couldnt give a fuck about status If Axl had said what he typed to Madison to her face without any hangers on or bodyguards I would respect him more. I dont want to bring old lyrics into this because that was not my point but why has Axl never performed One In A Million?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I am going to take some time here and comb through the stuff posted by members here. I can't believe some of the users here insult others the way they do.

Enough already, anymore personal attacks will result in warns for sure, perhaps more.

reino has been banned after repeated attempts to curb his childish insults.

I know that Dexter is Axl, but I will ask again, why was Dexter allowed to make homophobic and misogynistic insults? I think consistency should be shown. If our all powerful leader can speak like this then why cant we.

"you f*cking ignorant, know it all, fcking deluded, misguided, self important, self righteous, pious, small minded, clueless, loud mouthed, arrogant c*nt. No one needs your opinions n' having to deal with your constant abuse of privileges or the miniscule amount of power you've had here you wield like an angry, lesbian"

Stop trying. Shut up. Go be famous and then you can cupcake your own forum too.

You think that im being flippant and deliberately confrontational but I have been calling Axl out on his racist and homophobic abuse for decades. I have never got a satisfactory to the one in a million lyrics, and If you are prepared to think that its OK for Axl to be homophobic in his rants then why cant everyone else? You seem to think that an 80's star has a free pass, and Im curious why that would be.

Nothing Axl said on an album that came out in 1988 can be undone by anything we do here, so what's the point in continuing down that line? Two wrongs don't make a right.

Ali

Axl has stood by his lyrics on that album so I dont think its unreasonable to bring them up when questioning why its ok for him to call someone a lesbian and a c*nt when other people are being warned for less.

When someone calls me a cupcake for bringing this legitimate question up and suggested that people should be prepared to put up with racial/homophobic abuse because "Dexter is Axl Rose and you are not" Im not going to stand for it.

Im sorry that I dont bow down to people just because of what they have accomplished. If they are in the wrong I couldnt give a fuck who they are.

I have no idea what in the hell you're talking about. I never called you a cupcake. At the end of the day, it wasn't right, but the fact is he is the co-founder, frontman and one of the principal songwriters of the band this forum is dedicated to.

If you're proposing banning Dexter/Axl, I understand where you're coming from in theory. But, in taking a step back and looking at who and what this forum is dedicated to, I think that would make this forum the single dumbest fan forum in the history of fan forums and it wouldn't even be close.

Ali

Wow I am going to take some time here and comb through the stuff posted by members here. I can't believe some of the users here insult others the way they do.

Enough already, anymore personal attacks will result in warns for sure, perhaps more.

I know that Dexter is Axl, but I will ask again, why was Dexter allowed to make homophobic and misogynistic insults? I think consistency should be shown. If our all powerful leader can speak like this then why cant we.

"you f*cking ignorant, know it all, fcking deluded, misguided, self important, self righteous, pious, small minded, clueless, loud mouthed, arrogant c*nt. No one needs your opinions n' having to deal with your constant abuse of privileges or the miniscule amount of power you've had here you wield like an angry, lesbian"

Stop trying. Shut up. Go be famous and then you can cupcake your own forum too.

You think that im being flippant and deliberately confrontational but I have been calling Axl out on his racist and homophobic abuse for decades. I have never got a satisfactory to the one in a million lyrics, and If you are prepared to think that its OK for Axl to be homophobic in his rants then why cant everyone else? You seem to think that an 80's star has a free pass, and Im curious why that would be.

Nothing Axl said on an album that came out in 1988 can be undone by anything we do here, so what's the point in continuing down that line? Two wrongs don't make a right.

Ali

Axl has stood by his lyrics on that album so I dont think its unreasonable to bring them up when questioning why its ok for him to call someone a lesbian and a c*nt when other people are being warned for less.

When someone calls me a cupcake for bringing this legitimate question up and suggested that people should be prepared to put up with racial/homophobic abuse because "Dexter is Axl Rose and you are not" Im not going to stand for it.

Im sorry that I dont bow down to people just because of what they have accomplished. If they are in the wrong I couldnt give a fuck who they are.

I have no idea what in the hell you're talking about. I never called you a cupcake. At the end of the day, it wasn't right, but the fact is he is the co-founder, frontman and one of the principal songwriters of the band this forum is dedicated to.

If you're proposing banning Dexter/Axl, I understand where you're coming from in theory. But, in taking a step back and looking at who and what this forum is dedicated to, I think that would make this forum the single dumbest fan forum in the history of fan forums and it wouldn't even be close.

Ali

Sorry I wasnt talking about you with the cupcake comment, and I didnt want to bring old lyrics into it. Im going to leave it at that because this line of talk has been done and I will never win.

Edited by spunko12345

Ever since the GNRonline forum days I've been saying this. This is Guns N Roses. This is not Taylor Swift. I personally don't condone personal bullshit but come on people, what do you expect? Guns N Roses were a foul mouthed, sexist,drug addicted, alcoholic, do whatever you want, fuck authority, fuck the church, us against the world type of band. Is it any shock that it's fans are the same way? lol

FUCK YOU!!!!!! :lol:

THAT'S the spirit..lol

If you do not agree with the rules, perhaps this forum is not for you?

In case you never noticed Axl is the lead singer in the band this forum is for, Do I agree with how he handled that one post, no I don't but I am not about to ban the lead singer of the group this forum is about. He is not here over and over bashing other members, even if we gave him a warning for that post (which again was his first attacking anyone, most users recieve friendly warnings) it would have been one warning and would not matter, what the problem is here now is that some users think it is cool and ok to bash other users OVER AND OVER AGAIN and not listening to mods directions. Several have been warned tonight, many posts deleted. Do what you like just don't be surprised when the mods delete and or warn you for your actions after being told to stop. It's up to you to follow the rules or not, it is your choice completly.

If this childish behaviour keeps up in this thread it will be closed, take it to pm. If this is closed that would really suck for the users that actually want to discuss the topic, seeing how the date is closely approaching let's keep to the topic at hand shall we?'

The rules are to be followed as you agreed when you signed up. Don't like them? You have the option to leave, you can always do that.

Edited by gunsguy

Hi. This is my first post here. Although they are probably not going perform, there is the off chance that they may all perform as part of the traditional all star jam that usually takes place at the ceremony. It may not be what Guns N' Roses fans want, but they would be on the same stage together. I'm assuming that they would also take the stage together when they accept their nomination.

Guest gunns5

Hi. This is my first post here. Although they are probably not going perform, there is the off chance that they may all perform as part of the traditional all star jam that usually takes place at the ceremony. It may not be what Guns N' Roses fans want, but they would be on the same stage together. I'm assuming that they would also take the stage together when they accept their nomination.

welcome and what you said is a strong possibility

welcome and what you said is a strong possibility

They will all be on stage at the end for sure, and may do something amazing

http://loudwire.com/slash-reveals-he-would-love-to-play-with-original-guns-n-roses-lineup-at-rock-hall-induction/

“I would love to play,” Slash revealed to us. “It’s just, one of those things where I know that it’s not going to happen, so… I just did an interview and said, “I don’t think we’re playing.” [Laughs]. I mean I think it would be cool to play, but very early on when the whole thing came up, it became apparent that it wasn’t going to happen — and you know, that doesn’t surprise me. We’ve been at odds for, well not at odds, but we just haven’t had any sort of communication in a long time so… that’s basically it. That’s all I can tell you.”

Edited by Birk

My guess is there could be a performance. Axl, for any faults he has, does usually put an end to rumors and speculation when he is aware that it exists. I'm sure he isn't unaware of people wondering about a performance at the RNRHOF

My guess is he hasn't written it off completely and depending on how the evening goes and if people are warm towards him he may well do it. I honestly think when Axl and Slash get together, probably Slash will go over and give Axl a big ole' warm hug and they may well get over the years of tension

My guess is there could be a performance. Axl, for any faults he has, does usually put an end to rumors and speculation when he is aware that it exists. I'm sure he isn't unaware of people wondering about a performance at the RNRHOF

My guess is he hasn't written it off completely and depending on how the evening goes and if people are warm towards him he may well do it. I honestly think when Axl and Slash get together, probably Slash will go over and give Axl a big ole' warm hug and they may well get over the years of tension

And Slash did give Axl a big ole' warm happy birthday tweet last month, so I think there's a real chance of a reconciliation between the two. It might even happen out of the spotlight, perhaps the night before at Duff's House of Blues gig.

i'm ready to bet $2000 that gnr will play at the hof

Wow. You are either very careless with your money or have access to very surprising insider information :). You are aware that there's no way you could win because those guys being inducted are not Guns N' Roses anymore?

Would seeing Axl on stage performing with Slash be good enough for you? I think that's what we all want to see more than anything else. Yeah, it would be cool if it was the whole AFD lineup, but I really just want to see Axl and Slash when it comes right down to it. We all know that the two of them together (under the GNR name) could sell out stadiums around the world.

Edited by ITW 2012

Hell yea!

I believe this would be huge for Axl and nuGNR pr wise.

He would save the day for once, be a hero, and maybe change many fans minds about him.

Afterward release a statement on how much he enjoyed it for one night, and now he and slash etc are going back to their careers.

And announce the followup to Chinese .

Brilliant!

axl, slash duff and that's it for me. i said in another topic how Izzy could be the one holding the full reunion back. From Adler's interview, that seems to be true.

i never liked steven, izzy is cool but he prob wont show up. so that leaves the three of them. give me matt and gilby, no problem.

Edited by maynard