OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Groghan, the difference is crystal clear- I'm not stipulating what Axl "should" do or feel, I'm simply explaining what should be painfully obvious that if he WANTED to do it, he would but since he appears not to want it, that is his decision to make. You on the other hand are speaking out of both sides of your mouth saying that "Axl is free to do whatever he wants" but then laying out what he "SHOULD" feel- what a laughable idea.

The difference here is that you're trying to tell a human being how they should feel and I'm able to understand that that's not for me to decide. There's no confusion here except for whatever confusion you are trying to manufacture.

And also, nowhere did I tell you not post what you felt- that's just you doing your poor little me routine again, oh tortured soul. I simply asked you a question- do you go out and do a poll of what people want you to fell before you feel something? Still waiting for an answer but since its incovenient for you, I know there will be none forthcoming.

Haha! Its funny that you are overflowing here with the importance of people giving their "opinion" when all you seem to do is go around labelling people for giving opinions differing from yours. If people explain to you, hey Groghan, you know what, it really is no business of yours to proclaim on what people SHOULD feel, it must be because they "worship" Axl and are waiting for a bosom-buddy relationship to blossom with him. Its funny how predictable you are- people who seem capable of understanding that Axl might actually have the right to (Gasp!) his own point of view on things are often silenced here by labelling them as vultures for backstage passes etc so you conjured up a similarly tired old storyline for me.

The fact is that I live in Pakistan where GN'R are not likely to ever tour and the possibility of my ever meeting Axl are probably zilch. I know that he will never know that I exist- you on the other hand seem to think that posting the same monotonous litany of complaints on every thread would shake up Axl's world and you'll enlighten everyone with the light that only you possess.

Yeah, lots of things "should" happen- we are all GN'R fans and you should respect that but instead you go from thread to thread labeling people when you are unable to defend you weak arguments; you should be able to understand that you dont have to come running to "defend" good sense and logic against Axl and "Axl worshippers" because nobody died and made you the king of good sense anyway and because nobody said anything about "worshipping" Axl. In other words, you "should" start ACTUALLY listening to people rather than the voices in your head.

I think what's "sad" is that you cant seem to enjoy the RRHOF unless it happens on your terms, exactly the way you want it to. The fact that the group of guys who shook the world etc etc are being recognized for it is good enough for me, I will not attempt to charter the course of their emotions for them. And that's the only RATIONAL position to take- not trying to tell a grown adult who I dont know what he "should" feel.

Oh my gosh.

Chatting with you is painful. The majority of the things you bring up don't even apply to me or the discussion we were having. I will ignore your insults and try and answer the questions you think I'm skipping. (This might be boring for people not involved, so feel free to skip this comment). I will also try and address some of your points.

1. Really? Wow, I'm at a bit of a loss that you can't comprehend this. So I will try and explain it again. Nobody is talking out of both sides of their mouth. Axl is free to do whatever he wants. He doesn't care what I think. BUT......this is where you apparently got lost last time......BUT this is a FORUM. On a forum, people talk about THEIR OPINIONS of whatever that forum is about. A forum is a place for people to exchange ideas. We are not sending Axl a letter demaning he do what we say. We are sharing our opinions with other fans. I'm sharing my opinion, just like YOU are. Just because you and I do not agree, doesn't mean that either of our opinions is more valid or means more. Serious question - you do understand the concept of a forum, right?

2. Poor little me routine? Tortured soul? Are you serious? Talk about taking a forum way too seriously. Uhh, sure. Posting inbetween a meeting and then working on report. Eating a turkey bagel. But sure. I'm a tortured soul because of what an anonymous person wrote on an rock and roll forum. If you take the internet that seriously, then you should stop posting!

3. No. I don't take a random poll of people before deciding how to feel about something. And I hope you don't either. I didn't answer that question for convience reasons, I skipped it because it is a stupid question.

4. So you are saying that people who worship Axl are those that (gasp) are the only ones capable of understanding Axl? And you wonder why people call you a Nutter!!!!!

5. Hypocrite much? You complain about me saying that you hope your posts will stir up Axl's interest.....but then accuse me of doing the very same thing!!!! This coming from somebody who accuses me of talking out of both sides of my mouth!!!! So why am I a bad guy for saying that, but it's OK for you to say? Exactly.

6. Again. I'm posting MY opinion!!! I never stated to be the king of good sense. I ask you the question. You complain about me telling posters why their posts are wrong.........while you are telling me why my posts are wrong!! Hypocrite much????? Why is it OK for you to do that to me, but I'm not allowed to do it to others? Who made you the Queen of dictating what people can/cannot post about?????

7. You make so many assumptions that it isn't funny. I'm not sure if I will or will not enjoy the RRHOF. I'll have to watch it first. I can't see into the future like you apparently can. Axl doesn't have to perform for me to enjoy the show. You really shouldn't push YOUR assumptions onto other people. Maybe follow your own advice and stick to the facts? Just a thought.

8. You certainly saved the best for last!!!!

"""""I think what's "sad" is that you cant seem to enjoy the RRHOF unless it happens on your terms, exactly the way you want it to. And that's the only RATIONAL position to take- not trying to tell a grown adult who I dont know what he "should" feel."""""" You just wrote 8 paragraphs telling me how I should feel!!!!! For the third time, hypocrite much? All the things you accuse me of doing to Axl, you do to me in every post!!!! It's hilarious. And you wonder why people call you a Nutter!!!!

So there. I responded to every question and every comment. Pretty much destroyed everything that you posted, but I don't want that to make you give up and stop posting. I'd suggest that you maybe try not to be such a Nutter, and to apply the same standards you seem so desporate to attach to anybody who doesn't worship Axl to yourself. Because you come across as extremely hypocritical.

Oh yeah, chatting with you is absolutely the joy of most people's lives - maybe in your own head where I discover you spend most of your time since reality only passes you by. :lol:

1, Do YOU understand the concept of a forum? If you did you'd understand that others have as much a right to post THEIR opinion as you but instead you label them as "nutters" because they dont share your knee-jerk, prejudicial position. You ARE speaking out of both sides of your mouth- what another individual "SHOULD" feel is none of your business. If you actually respected this basic human right of every individual, you wouldnt be stipulating what "SHOULD" be felt by anybody. :)

2, No actually, you are the one who thinks you've been appointed by a higher power to teach your wisdom to us lost souls on this forum - you're the one with the thousands upon thousands of self-important posts lamenting your persecution over and over. You're the one who came running when a postive review describing a GN'R show as "epic" was posted because you couldnt bear this description. Why "epic" you asked, "the show I watched was way better" - as if the reviewer would care a whit about shows you watched while deciding about the one HE watched. :rofl-lol: Talk about taking the internet and YOURSELF too seriously.

3. No actually you skipped it because it makes a joke out of your pretensions of being in any position to state what somebody else "should" feel.

4, "People" dont call me a nutter- thats just you. Your hold on reality has lapsed to the point where you think you're representing some great teeming hordes of GN'R fans but sadly nobody elected you as a spokesman for anything. I said nothing about who understands Axl or who doesnt. This is you having a conversation with your inner demons again- get some help for that, its getting out of control. :)

5. You made up a funny story about how I was hoping for Axl to extend his hand of friendship to me and I simply pointed out the facts to substitute for your delusions- I dont expect Axl to ever know me in any capacity whatsoever. What Axl may think about my posts is entirely irrelevant. You're the one whose on a crusade of copying and pasting the same old complaints everywhere as if you'll make some incredible breakthrough.

6, I never dictated what you can or cant post about- this is just your same old "I'm soooo persecuted" drama again. I simply showed you a mirror and you obviously don't like what you see. You cant stand anybody expressing an opinion that you dont like- somebody posts a link about a show being sold-out and you respond by labeling him an "apologist". Some guy describes his writing as a "drunk review" and you swoop in to interrogate people how dare they call it a poor review when the writer himself is making no pretensions of being well informed. You keep trying to silence people while crying about how you're being stopped from expressing your all important opinion- you're the boy who cried wolf. You're just projecting your own hypocrisy on others.

7, Haha! Then that raises even more serious questions- if its immaterial to you whether Axl performs with the old guys or not, then why lecture him on what he "should" feel? Just arguing for the sake of arguing then? That reflects even more negatively on you.

8, Again, I never told you what you "should" feel- I questioned your nonsensical "logic" whereby you implied that not playing is equivalent to "hating everything all the time" etc. You're a hypocrite who questioned why Axl should be bothered by what people say about him yet every time somebody questions you, you act like you are being tragically mistreated returning to make several complaining posts about it. You attack others but when questioned you hide behind your right to your "opinion" as if that's sacred- by that logic the weirdos who post crazy hate messages wishing horrible things to happen to celebrities are justified too because its just their "opinion".

:lol: You "destroyed" nothing although the voices in your head might soothe you into thinking that. Why would I stop posting because of anything you say? You dont scare anybody- your delusions of grandeur only cause amusement at your expense. Try not to act as the Opposition for the sake of Opposition on every issue because it just makes you a laughing stock.

I may be closer to the stage than expected. I guy I know that comes into my work is a professional photographer. He's been talking to the Hall about shooting the induction for them. He showed me the email where they said they'd get back to him with more information on what to expect. I told him I'd be his assistant and just carry all his shit if I could help with that.

That'll be pretty awesome if it goes through.

I may be closer to the stage than expected. I guy I know that comes into my work is a professional photographer. He's been talking to the Hall about shooting the induction for them. He showed me the email where they said they'd get back to him with more information on what to expect. I told him I'd be his assistant and just carry all his shit if I could help with that.

Wait, what?!

Wait, what?!

Not Guns. The Rock Hall themselves told the photographer guy they'd get back to him with details about possibly photographing the event for them. He'd have an "Up Close and Personal" pass, if you will. Pretty damn close to frontline photography.

He shoots for venues all the time. Just shot Rise Against I think and he photographed Springsteen for the location in 2008 on the Obama shit.

Edited by DaneisKing1389

Wait, what?!

Not Guns. The Rock Hall themselves told the photographer guy they'd get back to him with details about possibly photographing the event for them. He'd have an "Up Close and Personal" pass, if you will. Pretty damn close to frontline photography.

He shoots for venues all the time. Just shot Rise Against I think and he photographed Springsteen for the location in 2008 on the Obama shit.

Ahhh! oh well ha. Cool thks!

Wow I am going to take some time here and comb through the stuff posted by members here. I can't believe some of the users here insult others the way they do.

Enough already, anymore personal attacks will result in warns for sure, perhaps more.

reino has been banned after repeated attempts to curb his childish insults.

Edited by gunsguy

sorry babydoll, but i don't chase tail.

Well not more than ten yards or so without collapsing clearly.

this isn't grade school. no need to be mean to a boy just because you kinda like him. it's understandable if you find yourself becoming moist from our exchanges.

You and the others engaging in none topic discussions need to take it to pm, otherwise your long posts about nothing to do with the topic will be deleted, you and the other's. If you want to waste your time typing them, be my guest.

The thread shouldn't of been merged with this one as it makes it harder t find the original post but anyway,

On topic, I agree that if axl played with the old band, it would cause some negative effects towards new gnr, and Axl as worked quiet hard to not just voluntarily instigate harm to it,

cue the "axl worked hard on the new band" sarastic posts

Mods:

"duuhhhh...heres a thread about da new album...ohhh look heh heres one about bears...huuuhhh...guess i'll merge these....heh heh"

If 10k is out of your league, I'll consider 2500 USD, but anything less than that and it would be a complete waste of my time. I'm not eager to prove my superiority, but two or three of these bets a year is a nice little chunk of change for me and people usually choose tennis, which despite the required running, I am skilled enough to clean up. I would have no confidence whatsoever in long distance running, nor would it be wise to put my body through that. I have to protect my knees.

But you clearly are eager or you wouldn't have spent half this thread challenging people. It's all about your physical prowess not your bank balance so put up or shut up! Looks like I was right all along eh? You're throwing large figures of cash about to ensure you never have to go through with any of these challenges. You bluffed, I called it. Now be quiet and behave yourself! :rofl-lol:

Agreed, MSL, please quiet down and go back to your corner.

Edited by DrBrownstone

Wow I am going to take some time here and comb through the stuff posted by members here. I can't believe some of the users here insult others the way they do.

Enough already, anymore personal attacks will result in warns for sure, perhaps more.

I know that Dexter is Axl, but I will ask again, why was Dexter allowed to make homophobic and misogynistic insults? I think consistency should be shown. If our all powerful leader can speak like this then why cant we.

"you f*cking ignorant, know it all, fcking deluded, misguided, self important, self righteous, pious, small minded, clueless, loud mouthed, arrogant c*nt. No one needs your opinions n' having to deal with your constant abuse of privileges or the miniscule amount of power you've had here you wield like an angry, lesbian"

Edited by spunko12345

I know that Dexter is Axl, but I will ask again, why was Dexter allowed to make homophobic and misogynistic insults? I think consistency should be shown. If our all powerful leader can speak like this then why cant we.

"you f*cking ignorant, know it all, fcking deluded, misguided, self important, self righteous, pious, small minded, clueless, loud mouthed, arrogant c*nt. No one needs your opinions n' having to deal with your constant abuse of privileges or the miniscule amount of power you've had here you wield like an angry, lesbian"

Stop trying. Shut up. Go be famous and then you can cupcake your own forum too.

Ever since the GNRonline forum days I've been saying this. This is Guns N Roses. This is not Taylor Swift. I personally don't condone personal bullshit but come on people, what do you expect? Guns N Roses were a foul mouthed, sexist,drug addicted, alcoholic, do whatever you want, fuck authority, fuck the church, us against the world type of band. Is it any shock that it's fans are the same way? lol

Actually, you are the one who thinks you've been appointed by a higher power to teach your wisdom to us lost souls on this forum - you're the one with the thousands upon thousands of self-important posts lamenting your persecution over and over.

Your hold on reality has lapsed to the point

This is you having a conversation with your inner demons again- get some help for that, its getting out of control. :)

I simply pointed out the facts to substitute for your delusions-

this is just your same old "I'm soooo persecuted" drama again. I simply showed you a mirror and you obviously don't like what you see.

you're the boy who cried wolf.

you act like you are being tragically mistreated returning to make several complaining posts about it. You attack others but when questioned you hide behind your right to your "opinion" as if that's sacred- by that logic the weirdos who post crazy hate messages wishing horrible things to happen to celebrities are justified too because its just their "opinion".

the voices in your head might soothe you into thinking that.

You dont scare anybody- your delusions of grandeur only cause amusement at your expense.

Try not to act as the Opposition for the sake of Opposition on every issue because it just makes you a laughing stock.

I was going to respond to all of your posts.......but wow. Talk about over-blowing every single comment and taking yourself and a rock n roll forum way too seriously.

I asked a poster why they described a show as epic. That leads you to a rant about negativity, and me being delusional and trying to foce my beliefs on somebody else. Uh, no. It was a simple question.

So let's try this again.

This is a rock n roll forum. Where people come to chat about a rock n roll band. A band that most of us are fans of.

My only advice for you is to NOT take what every post so seriously. Do NOT attach huge life-long meaning into every sentence somebody writes. If somebody writes an essay on a particular topic, then that deserves a long drawn out conversation on the meaning the author was going for. But if somebody writes one or two sentences on a topic in a rock forum, sometimes that is just a casual comment, not meant to be argued about for three months.

If I say I didn't like my lunch today, it just means I didn't like the food that I specifically ate today. It doesn't mean I'm making a full scale attack on all diners in my city, declaring that nobody in the world should ever eat lunch again, and that I think only morons eat lunch anyway.

I've harrassed you a little bit about being a Nutter mainly because it is funny the way you and a few others constantly kiss Axl's ass and worship everything he does, and blame any faults/negatives that come up on other people. Anything bad that happens is ALWAYS somebody else's fault. But you take EVERYTHING way too seriously. Go back and read your last post. It's a little over the top. I'd hate to see how you react to somebody who makes you mad regarding something that is actualy important in life.

If you would like to continue this debate, please PM. No need to bore other posters to death with constant back-and-forth dialague between us, each trying to show why the other person is crazy and delusional. Thanks.

You think that im being flippant and deliberately confrontational but I have been calling Axl out on his racist and homophobic abuse for decades. I have never got a explanation to the one in a million lyrics that doesnt seem like a person who plays the victim and sees this as a reason to do whatever he feels like. regardless of the rules for other people. , and If you are prepared to think that its OK for Axl to be homophobic in his rants then why cant everyone else? You seem to think that an 80's star has a free pass, and Im curious why that would be.

And by the way dont you fucking dare think Im trolling with this. This is the reason why Axl is hated by a large proportion of the earths population.

Edited by spunko12345

You think that im being flippant and deliberately confrontational but I have been calling Axl out on his racist and homophobic abuse for decades. I have never got a satisfactory to the one in a million lyrics, and If you are prepared to think that its OK for Axl to be homophobic in his rants then why cant everyone else? You seem to think that an 80's star has a free pass, and Im curious why that would be.

Nothing Axl said on an album that came out in 1988 can be undone by anything we do here, so what's the point in continuing down that line? Two wrongs don't make a right.

Ali

You think that im being flippant and deliberately confrontational but I have been calling Axl out on his racist and homophobic abuse for decades. I have never got a explanation to the one in a million lyrics that doesnt seem like a person who plays the victim and sees this as a reason to do whatever he feels like. regardless of the rules for other people. , and If you are prepared to think that its OK for Axl to be homophobic in his rants then why cant everyone else? You seem to think that an 80's star has a free pass, and Im curious why that would be.

And by the way dont you fucking dare think Im trolling with this. This is the reason why Axl is hated by a large proportion of the earths population.

Because the world is not fair and not everyone is treated equally. The 80s star has a free pass because he's an 80s star. Status comes with privilege, whether it's fair and deserved or not.

Edited by Flayer

You think that im being flippant and deliberately confrontational but I have been calling Axl out on his racist and homophobic abuse for decades. I have never got a satisfactory to the one in a million lyrics, and If you are prepared to think that its OK for Axl to be homophobic in his rants then why cant everyone else? You seem to think that an 80's star has a free pass, and Im curious why that would be.

Nothing Axl said on an album that came out in 1988 can be undone by anything we do here, so what's the point in continuing down that line? Two wrongs don't make a right.

Ali

Axl has stood by his lyrics on that album so I dont think its unreasonable to bring them up when questioning why its ok for him to call someone a lesbian and a c*nt when other people are being warned for less.

When someone calls me a cupcake for bringing this legitimate question up and suggested that people should be prepared to put up with racial/homophobic abuse because "Dexter is Axl Rose and you are not" Im not going to stand for it.

Im sorry that I dont bow down to people just because of what they have accomplished. If they are in the wrong I couldnt give a fuck who they are.

Edited by spunko12345