OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

I was going to respond to all of your posts.......but wow. Talk about over-blowing every single comment and taking yourself and a rock n roll forum way too seriously.

I asked a poster why they described a show as epic. That leads you to a rant about negativity, and me being delusional and trying to foce my beliefs on somebody else. Uh, no. It was a simple question.

So let's try this again.

This is a rock n roll forum. Where people come to chat about a rock n roll band. A band that most of us are fans of.

My only advice for you is to NOT take what every post so seriously. Do NOT attach huge life-long meaning into every sentence somebody writes. If somebody writes an essay on a particular topic, then that deserves a long drawn out conversation on the meaning the author was going for. But if somebody writes one or two sentences on a topic in a rock forum, sometimes that is just a casual comment, not meant to be argued about for three months.

If I say I didn't like my lunch today, it just means I didn't like the food that I specifically ate today. It doesn't mean I'm making a full scale attack on all diners in my city, declaring that nobody in the world should ever eat lunch again, and that I think only morons eat lunch anyway.

I've harrassed you a little bit about being a Nutter mainly because it is funny the way you and a few others constantly kiss Axl's ass and worship everything he does, and blame any faults/negatives that come up on other people. Anything bad that happens is ALWAYS somebody else's fault. But you take EVERYTHING way too seriously. Go back and read your last post. It's a little over the top. I'd hate to see how you react to somebody who makes you mad regarding something that is actualy important in life.

If you would like to continue this debate, please PM. No need to bore other posters to death with constant back-and-forth dialague between us, each trying to show why the other person is crazy and delusional. Thanks.

No, it wasnt a simple question- it was a typical knee-jerk comment that shows how ridiculously prejudicial your judgments are. The reviewer described in the review why he thought the show was epic but you decided to rant instead about shows that you had seen as if that had any bearing on the issue. On the other hand when a uniformly negative "drunk review" was posted, you jumped into action to interrogate people who though it was awful although the reviewer himself didnt make any claims of being well informed.

This IS a rock n roll forum and people who see GN'R shows as epic have the right to say so, people who are bored to death by your continuous repetitive rants also have a right to say so. Learn to live with that and dont act tortured every time this happens. You feel free to label others over and over again instead of actually reading posted links and were outraged when I ventured to suggest that you consider evidence and facts before making judgments. Such advice is not "taking the internet too seriously", its simple rationality. But to you, every time you make a post, its the honest, legitimate right to express your opinion and every time I respond its me "taking myself or the internet too seriously". :D

You dont "harrass" me or anybody else with your labels. You only show how incapable you are of giving others the freedom of opinion you claim for yourself and thus provide much amusement at your expense. You label everyone who laughs at your poorly argued posts as a "worshipper" of Axl. Here in Pakistan, we take issues of worship rather seriously and no mere mortal would ever qualify for divine status. But then bothering to look at facts and reality has never been your forte. :) You made this post in public and I'm perfectly entitled to respond in public too.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for me yes to everyone who keeps saying about izzy he has always been a go off and do his own thing guy im still shocked he came out in 2006 izzy has always been his own man and never taken a shine to the camera

I think the 2006 thing was more about him wanting to be onstage with an old friend again and just enjoying the occasion rather than it being all about him.

Would seeing Axl on stage performing with Slash be good enough for you? I think that's what we all want to see more than anything else. Yeah, it would be cool if it was the whole AFD lineup, but I really just want to see Axl and Slash when it comes right down to it. We all know that the two of them together (under the GNR name) could sell out stadiums around the world.

Slash wouldnt agree to it if it wasnt with the rest of the band. He's said this plenty of times in interviews.

Asked if he had any advice for fellow Rock Hall honorees Guns N' Roses, whose members appear unprepared to put aside their differences for an induction performance, Stewart replied:

"I don't know what the internal problems are. I don't know whether there are any drug problems, or whether they've all grown up a little bit now. I don't know. I think what you've got to remember is, just do it for the public, once. That's the word of advice I would give."

Wood also hopes that GN'R can pull their act together for the ceremony.

"I would say just swallow your pride and play a few songs for the people who put you there," he said. "Then you can start your personal gripes, you know? Try and do a bit for the people, because they all love Guns N' Roses. Doesn't matter if you have little squabbles amongst yourselves. Play your gig."

Wood added that he'd love to jam with his pals GN'R guitarist Slash and Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea at the festivities.

http://www.cleveland.com/popmusic/index.ssf/2012/03/rod_stewart_and_ronnie_wood_lo.html

Asked if he had any advice for fellow Rock Hall honorees Guns N' Roses, whose members appear unprepared to put aside their differences for an induction performance, Stewart replied:

"I don't know what the internal problems are. I don't know whether there are any drug problems, or whether they've all grown up a little bit now. I don't know. I think what you've got to remember is, just do it for the public, once. That's the word of advice I would give."

"I would say just swallow your pride and play a few songs for the people who put you there," he said. "Then you can start your personal gripes, you know? Try and do a bit for the people, because they all love Guns N' Roses. Doesn't matter if you have little squabbles amongst yourselves. Play your gig."

Wood added that he'd love to jam with his pals GN'R guitarist Slash and Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea at the festivities.

http://www.cleveland.com/popmusic/index.ssf/2012/03/rod_stewart_and_ronnie_wood_lo.html

smart words

Really hope they all see this. Both Rod Stewart and Ronnie are musicians GnR look up to. Hope it gets through their minds.

Sounds good to me too. I love Rod Stewart. Saw him and the faces so many times in the 70's. They always rocked it even if they came on an hour or so late. lol

Are they inducting GNR? That would be cool if they did! Anyway, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

whether GNR play or not, I really hope all the members show up. It would be so cool to see them all together again even if it's just onstage and not performing.

Honestly, I'll just be happy if they shake hands and put the past behind them. Imagine getting the first photos of Axl and Slash together after nearly 20 years. If they play, that's just a bonus.

I think that would be so awesome! It would be the talk of the town for many years to come. Axl and Slash make peace.

I do hope Izzy shows up. All the original members should be there. It's important to them and to us fans.

I know Izzy keeps in touch with Axl, so let's hope they talk soon and they all decide to show up and accept the induction.

This is a big deal and will be important for many years to come and to us fans and for the fans of the future.

Waiting for someone to tell someone as accomplished as these guys to stfu.

The inductees should take their advice. No matter what the issues, they can be grown men for 20 mins and play a few songs for the fans who helped them become who they are.

Exactly

BuT NoBoDy ShOuLd HaVe To PlAy WiTh SoMeBoDy ThEy HaTe

"No matter how much money they throw in our faces, there's no reason for us to get together...unless there's a mutual respect and understanding...and we're way far from that."

-Slash

if there's a point being made here I'm definitely missing it

So says the frontman of the band that bailed on Woodstock. 1969. And the one who let Simply Red take his place so he can sing stuff from the Depression.

I forget Ron Wood has history with Slash's parents.

I think Axl would be fascinated by his train collection though.

D0D4CEF9-9B50-42C9-AC24659DA5DA1592.jpg

:thumbsup:

Honestly, if I were the guys I would leave Axl at his table, get up there and have a great time. Let the whole world see who the problem is (not that everyone doesn't already know) but they should just do it. Let Axl sit there with his lap dog DJ telling him he's the shit.

Then let the camera sit there infront of Axl being a petty dick, refusing to get up there with a little sour face. Shame him, if he's going to be such a brat about the whole thing.

FFS the guy has been handed a lifetime of doing nothing but whatever he wants to do and he can't even get up and play afew songs. Pathetic.

Edited by Shnicky