OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything can happen that night! Axl could be in a good mood and want to play with his old lineup or perhaps have some current members with previous members all jam together. That would be cool. Perhaps a song like Patience would be most appropriate for the evening?

did you guys know Tracci Guns wrote the Sweet Child O Mine solo? true story

he also wrote the Welcome To The Jungle riff, My Michelle, Nightrain, Rocket Queen, all the leads in November Rain and Estranged. Really he should be up there accepting the induction, Slash played a very minor role.

he was only in the band from March 1985 to June 1985 who cares?

Would seeing Axl on stage performing with Slash be good enough for you? I think that's what we all want to see more than anything else. Yeah, it would be cool if it was the whole AFD lineup, but I really just want to see Axl and Slash when it comes right down to it. We all know that the two of them together (under the GNR name) could sell out stadiums around the world.

What really matters is what THEY (Axl & Slash) want, not what we want.

If they are happy and want to play together again then go ahead BUT if this were not the case, why would we have to insist on it over and over and over?.

. He doesn't owe us anything and whatever he's going to do, it must be cause he wants to do it (Specially in this incredibly stupid and trivial situation). If anything, you people are the ones who should grow up and let the man decide and stop making it seem that it's such a fucking terrible crime to do what you want to do.

We should grow up?

You do realize this is a forum, right? It's a place for fans of the band to come and chat about band issues. You do know that if people stop posting their opinions on the band, then the forum would dry up and dissapear, right?

It's not the crime of the century if Axl doesn't play.

He is our favorite singer. (Well, 95% of the posters here anyway). His old band created four of the greatest rock albums of all time. That band had a huge break-up almost 20 years ago. They are being inducted into the Hall of Fame. Fans of Axl, fans of the old band, fans of Slash, fans of Duff, fans of Izzy, would love to see them on stage again, even just for a couple songs.

Axl has played with Izzy and Duff already. So we're really just adding Slash and a drummer to the mix.

People aren't demaning Axl do anything or saying it is a crime.

You just have die-hard fans, some of them who have been around for 25 years, saying they would love to see the old band play a couple songs together. I don't understand how any music fan would not want to see this.

And this "he doesn't owe you anything" line. It just doesn't hold water.

Yes, nobody really owes anybody anything. Fine.

But in terms of the relationship between music/concert ticket buyer and performer - yes, there is a bit of "owing" something.

If Axl wants us - the fans - to continue to purchase his albums and attend his shows and buy the 40 t-shirts etc, so he can live in a mansion and drive lamborginnis (sp) and live like a king, and to allow his band the opportunity to put out albums and tour the world....then yes, he does.....well, maybe "owe" is a strong word. It is a partnership between audience and artist. If Axl wants to contiue to make money off the fans, then he has an obligation to put out material (cds, shows) for the fans to enjoy.

Without the fans, there is no GnR.

Does he owe me anything? Nope.

Does he want my money and support? Then he has to produce certain things.

I don't owe my boss or my company a thing. But if I want to keep getting my paycheck, then I have to show up for 40 hours a week and do my job. If I do that, I get to get paid, retirement and health insurance. Neither of us "owes" the other anything. But we have a partnership that allows both parties to get what they want.

That's the interesting thing about some GnR fans.

They really get upset about the "Axl doesn't owe you anything" line.

But a lot of well-respected musicians will say things like "We owe our success to our fans, without you we wouldn't be here."

Bottom line.

Nobody is saying this is the crime of the century. People are overblowing everything right now.

It would just be awesome to see the old guys on stage for a couple songs. It would be a great treat for the die-hard fans.

It really is just as simple as that.

I think Axl will show up late, like, the rest of the band is on stage accepting and he appears, walking calmly between the tables while the place burst into applauses and Steven screaming "you hack" on the microphone.

Jeez what's the deal with this guy. He can do what he wants but it just doesn't make sense to be so casual about such a big honour. Even if I wasn't into fame and performing I still would drag myself to Cleveland for one night to say thanks out of respect. It's a big honour.

Somehow I'm not surprised. After all that's been going on with the recent comments, he's probably fearing a disaster and doesn't want to be there to witness it. It's too bad though, I'd love to see him there.

I think that one shouldn't necessarily assume this was a recent decision by Izzy.

Ali

probably cant afford it. even slash said the tables were expensive.

I remember John Lydon moaning about what a joke that is in particular.

At least Izzy not attending means in no way can Axl be the the one who is singled out for their not being a performance by the original lineup. Although having said that, the media will still probably portray it that way somehow.