OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get why people are surprised. The Rock Hall of Fame is a builshit institution. It use to mean something until they started ignoring more deserving acts in favor of pop stars and rappers because they want to be in touch with things.

What I really don't understand is the back lash against Izzy. Do you hardcore fans not know Izzy?

At this point I don't dare if Adler is the only one there, he is as irrelevant as the Hall of Fame.

yeah duff is normal too, helped Slash tag sue Axl a few times as well, along with the fact that if he even goes near beer again he'll explode literally, not hating on the guy cuz he seems alright but still is what it is

Still wonder what would the real response been (we all know what it would've been) had this been Axl, or you what, not even it being him HIMSELF, even if it was someone else declaring for him a no show to the HOF......

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................

Unreal that these guys just can't put all their personal bullshit aside for ONE NIGHT. One fucking night for the fans.

This is just going to be a disaster and I really feel like it'll just be a bigger embarrassment for the original and current GNR lineups more than anything else. What should've been something that was positive has turned into a circus. I commend Slash, Duff, Matt and Steven for wanting to play and showing some pride for being inducted to the HOF. Izzy is being a jerkoff, and with Axl I was hoping he'd surprise everyone and just show up and play at the show after his LA Times interview, but I guess not. Sadly, I'd expect nothing less from him at this point.

lol at this guy ^^^ it took you this long to expect nothing from him? :lol:

Also lol at the posting speaking in future terms as if the HOF has actually ended and we knew as if it has actually happened already, remember the damn show hasn't happened yet.... After it show, then the post would make even more sense.

SMH

really is a pre-requisite for not only ANY member of GNR to have a certain type of "ways" about them and/or a different type of thinking capacity from the rest of the normal species, but some of the fans as well?

isnt it funny, we are discussing about middle aged men, who got everything in life anyone could ever fucking even dream about, sometimes I think have these babys ever gone through anything real shit in their lives....fucking hell.

You hit the nail on the head.

Just a perfect example as to why I love the music these guys have created in their careers, but I've never understood why people idolize celebrities. Their problems and issues are laughable compared to what most people go through in life.

Love the music, could not care less about all this other drama stuff. If they played - awesome. If they don't....no big deal.

isnt it funny, we are discussing about middle aged men, who got everything in life anyone could ever fucking even dream about, sometimes I think have these babys ever gone through anything real shit in their lives....fucking hell.

You hit the nail on the head.

Just a perfect example as to why I love the music these guys have created in their careers, but I've never understood why people idolize celebrities. Their problems and issues are laughable compared to what most people go through in life.

Love the music, could not care less about all this other drama stuff. If they played - awesome. If they don't....no big deal.

Couldn't agree more. I love Axl the musician. Axl, the celebrity, the guy himself, not so much, the path he chose to go with GnR is wrong and uninteresting to me. That's why i want new music, so i can discuss the only relevant thing about GnR. Axl farting and people calling him the "last true rock star" got old already.

Yes, all you naysayers of the original/classic band sure won out.

Now we can all go back to the nonstop nostalgic cover shows, and wonder, hope, and pray for a new nu album that's realistically about half a mile closer to happening than a actual reunion...

And we all know how far, far, far, away a reunion was from reality. You guys just went on and on and on and on and on about it since December. Thanks for the reality check, now I guess I'll return the favor...

Yippie, what a glorious occasion, now the whole world can be let down as the "GNR" name gets further dragged through the mud on April 14th. But as long as you 60-80 nu band fans are happy.

Enjoy your victories everybody! :rolleyes:

Wow, never thought I'd see the day when people would hate on IZZY. It's funny cuz it is all because they won't be able to get their little reunion that they had hyped themselves up about and desperately hoped for :violin:

Edited by Casual

well who told any of anyone to start idolizing and/or loving the perosn behidn the music anyway, like others say I only and should only enjoy their music to hell with the rest and I won't get so bent and bodied about their drama/personal life anyhow, well also out of fear of disappointment.

Yes, all you naysayers of the original/classic band sure won out.

Now we can all go back to the nonstop nostalgic cover shows, and wonder, hope, and pray for a new nu album that's realistically about half a mile closer to happening than a actual reunion...

And we all know how far, far, far, away a reunion was from reality. You guys just went on and on and on and on and on about it since December. Thanks for the reality check, now I guess I'll return the favor...

Yippie, what a glorious occasion, now the whole world can be let down as the "GNR" name gets further dragged through the mud on April 14th. But as long as you 60-80 nu band fans are happy.

Enjoy your victories everybody! :rolleyes:

Wait, are people actually happy about this?

Where is the positive in not performing? If you're an old band supporter, you get to see your favorite band set their shit aside and perform for one night. If you're a new band supporter, hello, sales spike, not to mention actually seeing Axl on TV. Win-win.

Edited by Kill Devil Hill

he is the best thing that happened to gnr, and remains the most grounded and realistic.

good on him. (though would be great seeing him and hearing his thoughts in an interview / book)

Definitely a strange cat. Clearly did not want to be in the spotlight. I have to admit I have never seen an interview done with Izzy during his time in GnR. Maybe print interviews but never televised.

It's simple, Izzy isn't the attention whore some others are.

He's just avoiding whatever might go wrong the 14th.

This. Izzy left as soon as GnR became a clusterfuck. It once again has all signs of becoming a clusterfuck, so Izzy stays home.

I dont see how this shows integrity... It shows izzy made his millions and is happy with ignoring everyone who got him to that point because it will be one night of hassle out of his posh life. Such class! Such dignity!

Where did you get the idea that RRHOF represents fans? It doesn't. You are disappointed and I understand that, I'm too. But your conclusions makes absolutely no sense.

he is the best thing that happened to gnr, and remains the most grounded and realistic.

good on him. (though would be great seeing him and hearing his thoughts in an interview / book)

Definitely a strange cat. Clearly did not want to be in the spotlight. I have to admit I have never seen an interview done with Izzy during his time in GnR. Maybe print interviews but never televised.

Try this one:

Izzy really seems uncomfortable doing interviews.

I always loved the one where they were interviewing (I believe) Axl.

And the inteviewer goes like: ''You wanted to say something Izzy?'' And Izzy just says: ''No.''

Can't find it though.

EDIT: Found it!

Edited by UcudBmineCD

I dont see how this shows integrity... It shows izzy made his millions and is happy with ignoring everyone who got him to that point because it will be one night of hassle out of his posh life. Such class! Such dignity!

Where did you get the idea that RRHOF represents fans? It doesn't. You are disappointed and I understand that, I'm too. But your conclusions makes absolutely no sense.

Try this one:

Ahhh cool as. You can tell PR is not his main forte. Seems like a cool, chilled out dude.

Whole band interviewed on MTV Headbanger's Ball in 1987. Izzy spoke a bit:

Guns interview prior to their 1991 Rock In Rio gig:

Part 1 (Izzy speaks briefly at 45 seconds onwards, and about 2mins in he's jamming on the guitar with Duff and Slash):

Part 2 of RIR 91 interview, a more extensive interview with Izzy from 5mins15secs onwards:

Part 3, jamming with Slash and Duff again on guitar after 50seconds in to the video:

Donington 1988, Axl interviewed and a classic one word answer from Izzy at the end:

Edited by Original GNR

This whole thing is so in keeping with the band its untrue - rumours, bitching, no one knowing what the hell is going to happen, false hope, its a perfect storm for either something incredible or a total fuck up.

I'm just excited to see Axl and the old line up on the same stage together, it cant be undersold just how monumental even that would be given all that has been said over the years. Whilst you would hope they could just do a performance for the fans who put them there, with perspective its a big deal to even see axl at a televised event maybe a performance is just too grand an ask?