OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bottom line in all of this is that its a true shame and tarnishes the legacy a bit if they don't play..... to not give the fans one last show ruins it a bit for me. I love Axl, think its his band and he can do what he wants, but c'mon man just one time for old times sake..... it will make headlines regardless so why not make it a positive for the band to build momentum for the next record....(yes I believe one will come out eventually)

Would seeing Axl on stage performing with Slash be good enough for you? I think that's what we all want to see more than anything else. Yeah, it would be cool if it was the whole AFD lineup, but I really just want to see Axl and Slash when it comes right down to it. We all know that the two of them together (under the GNR name) could sell out stadiums around the world.

What really matters is what THEY (Axl & Slash) want, not what we want.

If they are happy and want to play together again then go ahead BUT if this were not the case, why would we have to insist on it over and over and over?.

Maybe because those two were the biggest thing on the planet in the music industry ever for the brief time they held it together....

duff seems to be the only normal guy from all 5 of them.

slash: wont shut his mouth about axl hating him.

He'd sure love to though, because every interview he says he's sick of getting Guns questions.

steven: wont shut up about hating the new band

Made one remark about it.

izzy: doesn't care about fans, won't show up.

Second part true, first part uncertain

axl: ...won't feel comfortable with people as important as him.

Absolute bullshit.

duff: hasn't said anything negative. hasn't fueled rumours (afaik). classy dude.

This much is true.

One wonders if things were a bit more amicable between members would Izzy show up to the event. Assuming there wasn't so much acrimony between certain members and the likelihood of a performance high, perhaps Izzy might be more inclined to show up. But maybe he knows the event is going to be a disaster for GNR fans and wants non of it.

At the same time, save for a few performances six years ago, this is a guy who checked out of this band over twenty years ago.

If there were going to be a performance by the original band, it would take either a guy like Izzy or Duff working behind the scenes smoothing everything out well beforehand. Neither of these guys seem interested to play that role (or see the task as futile), so I assume Izzy just said fuck it and is deciding to stay home.

Would seeing Axl on stage performing with Slash be good enough for you? I think that's what we all want to see more than anything else. Yeah, it would be cool if it was the whole AFD lineup, but I really just want to see Axl and Slash when it comes right down to it. We all know that the two of them together (under the GNR name) could sell out stadiums around the world.

If they are happy and want to play together again then go ahead BUT if this were not the case, why would we have to insist on it over and over and over?.

Maybe because those two were the biggest thing on the planet in the music industry ever for the brief time they held it together....

One wonders if things were a bit more amicable between members would Izzy show up to the event. Assuming there wasn't so much acrimony between certain members and the likelihood of a performance high, perhaps Izzy might be more inclined to show up. But maybe he knows the event is going to be a disaster for GNR fans and wants non of it.

At the same time, save for a few performances six years ago, this is a guy who checked out of this band over twenty years ago.

If there were going to be a performance by the original band, it would take either a guy like Izzy or Duff working behind the scenes smoothing everything out well beforehand. Neither of these guys seem interested to play that role (or see the task as futile), so I assume Izzy just said fuck it and is deciding to stay home.

I think it's possible that Izzy's decision is linked to the acrimony expressed or the lack of performance. It's also possible Izzy's decision is unrelated to either aforementioned reason. In this very thread, we have the 2nd person who knows Izzy (including Duff's comments to RS) saying they think Izzy may not be comfortable with a camera-filled event like this. Just something to consider.

Ali

That's why the HOF is important, even if they don't play that night. They can play later...

Yeah because this is all going so smoothly a reunion tour and new music would definitely go off without a hitch.

Guest Sweet Tooth

Original GnR not performing together? Not Axl or Slash's fault, let's see how the media fucks this one up.

Slash, Duff, Dizzy, Matt,Steven accepting the award that's all I can see happening

seems likely. these guys should get some singers (corey, sebastian, fergie lol) and jam together to honor the past of the band. HoF is not really a big deal, but it's a good evening to have fun and play good music since a reunion looks impossible as of today.

Edited by maynard

Izzy doesn't do well when it come to press related things. He is very camera shy.

Izzy is Izzy, we all know that. But still, it's a huge let down for us fans and supporters.

He even let me down when I needed him to help with Reckless Road. When I told him what I was doing , he was excited but, still couldn't find a way to help me. All your going to get from Izzy is new music every 6 months for the rest of his life, which is very cool but that it.