OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've thought from day 1 that axl shouldn't show up. he's in a no win situation. if he plays with the old band, he'll never hear the end of the reunion bullshit. if he shows, but doesn't play...then he's the bad guy as usual. just keep focusing on the new band and new music.....fuck the hall of fame.

I don't care if Axl has to deal with the reunion bullshit because of the hall of fame. He'll ALWAYS have to deal with it for the rest of his life. He'll be asked about it forever because it's what the people want overall.

I am less interested in what goes on now that Izzy won't be there however.

Shouldn't there be a time where people will wake the fuck up and realise that a reunion isn't going to happen, and move on with their lives?

That happened for me a long time ago. I was hoping the h.o.f. would do it for a lot more people.

Well how long have they been saying it won't happen yet every time it's mentioned we have 20 or so pages of threads, yes they will reunite, :thumbsup: no they won't reunite. :thumbsdown:

Then go back to posts from years ago & the same arguments were going on then.

It won't stop until one of them sadly passes away, same as the Beatles.:(

I can just imagine Green Day getting up onstage, inducting GN'R by making comments that make no sense because they hardly know what GN'R stands for. And then I can imagine Slash, Duff, Matt and then Steven in the background walking up to the stage. And then a few nice comments from Slash, and maybe a few of the others......before Slash and co perform with Donovan.

How pointless would this be, I certainly have no desire to watch this now...... I just feel sorry for all those folks traveling there because they expected THE GN'R reunion. :lol:

I even remember reading about some guy who was flying over to the US from the UK, wouldn't want to be him right now. :krider:

i've thought from day 1 that axl shouldn't show up. he's in a no win situation. if he plays with the old band, he'll never hear the end of the reunion bullshit. if he shows, but doesn't play...then he's the bad guy as usual. just keep focusing on the new band and new music.....fuck the hall of fame.

I don't care if Axl has to deal with the reunion bullshit because of the hall of fame. He'll ALWAYS have to deal with it for the rest of his life. He'll be asked about it forever because it's what the people want overall.

I am less interested in what goes on now that Izzy won't be there however.

Shouldn't there be a time where people will wake the fuck up and realise that a reunion isn't going to happen, and move on with their lives?

That happened for me a long time ago. I was hoping the h.o.f. would do it for a lot more people.

Well how long have they been saying it won't happen yet every time it's mentioned we have 20 or so pages of threads, yes they will reunite, :thumbsup: no they won't reunite. :thumbsdown:

Then go back to posts from years ago & the same arguments were going on then.

It won't stop until one of them sadly passes away, same as the Beatles.:(

That is pretty lame. If Axl should have proven anything to anyone, it is that he isn't going to do anything just because people want him to do it.

If they don't do anything at the h.o.f., they aren't ever going to do anything. This is Slash's last chance to have any face to face conversation with Axl. Maybe he'll make it count, but I highly doubt it.

It really doesn't matter to me one way or the other, because I would take new music from any version of the band. I'm just sick of hearing Slash's fans whine about it in every other thread. Seriously; why go to a forum every single day to bitch about something that you have no control over? I just don't get it.

Yes and no.

Yes because that's absolutely what they should do. This RNRHOF thing is retarded and there's no reason to watch if there's no Izzy, no performance, possibly no Axl, and fuckin' Green Day.

No because some people paid $600, and it wasn't to see Green Day.

That was the chance they took. Rod Stewart didn't go to his induction because of the Northridge Earthquake. McCartney didn't go to the Beatles induction because he was feuding with Yoko. Shit happens.

Green Day inducting them and a Northridge Earthquake are two totally different things.

if he plays with the old band, he'll never hear the end of the reunion bullshit.

None of them ever will

That's one of the reasons why I wouldn't want Axl to perform with the original band as a whole. It will just fuel an already strong cause by reunionists who will always say negative comments about current GN'R, because they want a reunion.

And if this thing did go ahead, with the performance with Axl and all. Then I don't think you could blame the reunionists anymore for saying what they say, because they have seen what they wanted to see, and they are going to want more and more etc.

GN'R just tweeted about the Green Day thing, wonder what that means in relation to Axls' involvment in the event?.

Edited by One.In.A.Million

It's official! Izzy's not going so what's the point?

Official because Matt says that Slash says so?

Yeah, I won't count that as anything official.

It's always good to see optimistic people, keep it up!

I'm not all that optimistic. I just don't believe most things that Matt says.

I prefer to wait for something from Izzy himself.

It's official! Izzy's not going so what's the point?

Official because Matt says that Slash says so?

Yeah, I won't count that as anything official.

It's always good to see optimistic people, keep it up!

I'm not all that optimistic. I just don't believe most things that Matt says.

I prefer to wait for something from Izzy himself.

You got my vote on that one!

traveling to the states tomorrow for the event.... anybody know if there is a dress code for the night ?

Your going tomorrow to what event?

Guns N' Roses ‏ @gunsnroses

One thing we can say about 4-14-2012 in Cleveland, Ohio It's gonna be a @GreenDay http://bit.ly/HjUcIK

This is my eyes confirms axl will be there

Edited by Birk

Fuck no. One-time chance for some epic GNR drama.

And Green Day is a great band.

No- GD sucks. My money says Axl or Duff chose them. Highly doubtful Slash/Steven would.....theyd choose Kiss or Aerosmith or Alice.

Are you sure he wouldn't have picked Fergie? :rolleyes:

They 'Guns N'Roses' could always make light of the situation.. and perform without Axl, claiming - jokingly, he's either late or make some excuse as to why he could be there :D

Edited by vaida

Green Day inducting them is the final straw broken for me. That's beyond pathetic. FUCK THIS SHIT!!!

Finally, the OP posts something that I completely agree with.

It should have been A7X.

It should have been Alice Cooper or at least someone who has a passing relationship with the band.