OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

i've thought from day 1 that axl shouldn't show up. he's in a no win situation. if he plays with the old band, he'll never hear the end of the reunion bullshit. if he shows, but doesn't play...then he's the bad guy as usual. just keep focusing on the new band and new music.....fuck the hall of fame.

I don't care if Axl has to deal with the reunion bullshit because of the hall of fame. He'll ALWAYS have to deal with it for the rest of his life. He'll be asked about it forever because it's what the people want overall.

I am less interested in what goes on now that Izzy won't be there however.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've thought from day 1 that axl shouldn't show up. he's in a no win situation. if he plays with the old band, he'll never hear the end of the reunion bullshit. if he shows, but doesn't play...then he's the bad guy as usual. just keep focusing on the new band and new music.....fuck the hall of fame.

I don't care if Axl has to deal with the reunion bullshit because of the hall of fame. He'll ALWAYS have to deal with it for the rest of his life. He'll be asked about it forever because it's what the people want overall.

I am less interested in what goes on now that Izzy won't be there however.

Shouldn't there be a time where people will wake the fuck up and realise that a reunion isn't going to happen, and move on with their lives?

That happened for me a long time ago. I was hoping the h.o.f. would do it for a lot more people.

Fuck no. One-time chance for some epic GNR drama.

And Green Day is a great band.

No- GD sucks. My money says Axl or Duff chose them. Highly doubtful Slash/Steven would.....theyd choose Kiss or Aerosmith or Alice.

The presenter is someone that was influenced by GNR. Kiss, Aerosmith and Alice influenced GNR. In the past the presenters are asked to do so by each band/inductee. But it is possible that the HOF officals made this choice because they could not get GNR to select someone. The only connection that I know of with GD is that one of the old band members attended a wedding about 2 years ago for one of the GD members.

Some of you take things waaaaay too seriously. What has happened that makes people not want them to go? That Green Day is opening? Uh, okay that's not that bad. What else has happened other than the hall inducting people you don't like or not inducting people you do like? Adler's comments? Like really, what is so bad someone please answer I really don't get it. Pretty sure some of you just didn't want the event to happen in the first place for one reason or another. I'm not going to go into details but a few reasons are quite obvious.....

Edited by The_Universal_Sigh

Some of you take things waaaaay too seriously. What has happened that makes people not want them to go? That Green Day is opening? Uh, okay that's not that bad. What else has happened other than the hall inducting people you don't like or not inducting people you do like? Adler's comments? Like really, what is so bad someone please answer I really don't get it. Pretty sure some of you just didn't want the event to happen in the first place for one reason or another. I'm not going to go into details but a few reasons are quite obvious.....

Izzy's not going, Axl's in doubt, band's not playing, etc.

It's a cumulative thing.

I am sick of the whole thing tbh and wish it would all go away. Steven slagging the new band and then retracting his statement. Slash not being drawn on the the whole RRHOF, not liking formals and then saying Axl hates his guts and they are not playing. Izzy not turning up and now Greenday. There is more to loose than gain. I am a big fan of Izzy so if he is not there then who cares. I hope Axl stays away from this nonsense.

Izzy is not responsible for how other people use their Illusions.

Plus, I would rather have CD II than this love in anyway.

Can we now have a mass internet brawl about who takes Izzy's spot if Axl shows and they perform?

...Really, dude..? You're like those guys who say stuff like "Hell with the pressure, Axl's not cavin in!"

Lame.

I'm hoping they all show up, doesn't really matter who's inducting them.

I think the best thing to do is if it's bothering anyone that much and they're really getting worked up about it? (hope not). Just stay off the message boards until the day before the ceremony, or read Blabbermouth's latest rumor. The closer it gets, the more stuff we're going to be reading, some true, some outlandish, but in the end, they get inducted, they become a part of rock history, and even if some of them don't show up, they're still going to be part of the HOF.

I'm sure Axl's trying his damnedest not to read any of it, but won't be surprised if he's keeping tabs on the buzz amongst the fans.

Edited by dalsh327

Yes and no.

Yes because that's absolutely what they should do. This RNRHOF thing is retarded and there's no reason to watch if there's no Izzy, no performance, possibly no Axl, and fuckin' Green Day.

No because some people paid $600, and it wasn't to see Green Day.

That was the chance they took. Rod Stewart didn't go to his induction because of the Northridge Earthquake. McCartney didn't go to the Beatles induction because he was feuding with Yoko. Shit happens.

this just makes me sad.Izzys the man.Guns was over when he left.

he is the best thing that happened to gnr, and remains the most grounded and realistic.

good on him. (though would be great seeing him and hearing his thoughts in an interview / book)

I always knew he had integrity.

+1

Izzy was always my favorite member of the band.