OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man some of you guys miss the point. I'll keep this short and simple.

Fact: Most GNR fans would like to see the original band at least go on stage, performing would be a huge bonus.

Fact: Slash, Duff, Steven, and Matt are going and many believe Axl is going to show as he should and as he probably wants to.

Combine these two facts with Izzy saying he's not going. Where is the damn integrity in that? Oh, the HOF let in Madonna so fuck it all! Oh, there's a chance there could be a "clusterfuck" so fuck it all!

Man, all these critics about the hall, keeping honour, bullshit like that.. it's all BESIDE THE POINT. The point: Seeing the old band together one more time to celebrate the past. Izzy doesn't want to go because he's a "rock n roll rebel" he "has integrity".... Nah, he just doesn't want to put up with one frigging nights worth of possible annoyance and seeing some people he doesn't like when he can sit around in his mansion and collect checks from Appetite ignoring the people who got him there. Big man, Izzy is :rolleyes:

Edited by The_Universal_Sigh

Man some of you guys miss the point. I'll keep this short and simple.

Fact: Most GNR fans would like to see the original band at least go on stage, performing would be a huge bonus.

Fact: Slash, Duff, Steven, and Matt are going and many believe Axl is going to show as he should and as he probably wants to.

Combine these two facts with Izzy saying he's not going. Where is the damn integrity in that? Oh, the HOF let in Madonna so fuck it all! Oh, there's a chance there could be a "clusterfuck" so fuck it all!

Man, all these critics about the hall, keeping honour, bullshit like that.. it's all BESIDE THE POINT. The point: Seeing the old band together one more time to celebrate the past. Izzy doesn't want to go because he's a "rock n roll rebel" he "has integrity".... Nah, he just doesn't want to put up with one frigging nights worth of possible annoyance and seeing some people he doesn't like when he can sit around in his mansion and collect checks from Appetite ignoring the people who got him there. Big man, Izzy is :rolleyes:

Would I like to see the original band (at least) once last time? Yes.

Does RRHOF means anything to me? No.

You have put too much hope to this circus.

And by the way, this:

"seeing some people he doesn't like when he can sit around in his mansion and collect checks from Appetite ignoring the people who got him there "

is just an empty cliché. As Axl would say - he is NOT your fuckin' employee. He does not owe you anything. Face it. He helped to create some of the greatest songs in history and now he enjoys his own life, because people STILL love those songs. That's all. You did NOT lend him money or anything. You enjoyed the product, friendo.

Without Axl or Izzy, this thing is pointless. Who cares about seeing the others? We see them all the time.

+ 1.

Izzy really seems uncomfortable doing interviews.

I always loved the one where they were interviewing (I believe) Axl.

And the inteviewer goes like: ''You wanted to say something Izzy?'' And Izzy just says: ''No.''

Can't find it though.

EDIT: Found it!

:lol: "No" *downs glass of wine* Classic Izzy :wub:

Slash and co will bring their guitars just in case...

problem solved.. ^_^;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfPbnFPQgSg

i hope not, Myles sing this so much worse than Axl in 2011/2012, compared with Axl in 2010 with sounds ridiculous. And that Slash Solo in the middle, wtf :confused:

BTW:

http://rockhall.com/blog/post/7403_10-essential-guns-n-roses-songs/

Better :huh::wub:

Guns N' Roses began writing material for a new album in 1994, started recording music in 1996, underwent numerous line-up and production changes, reportedly finished a new album in 2006 and released Chinese Democracy in 2008. “Better” took Rose's gift for melody and combined it with his ability to push his voice into different spaces, such as the falsetto of the song's opening lines and pre-chorus, the gritty growl of the verse and the vocal shouting of the chorus. The music on the track rocked hard with an industrial edge, featuring a tight drum and bass rhythm section that allowed the various guitar riffs to sink deep into the groove, while the guitar solo (played by Buckethead) mixed old school hard rock distortion with digital chop and glitch.

Edited by bumblecool

selfish guy who only cares about himself

complete lack of respect towards the fans, fuck him

His work in GN'R is DONE. Selfish??? What the fuck??? He gave you some of the best songs you'll ever listen to. I'm one of those who says Izzy's songwriting with Axl is GN'R best work. He was a key ingredient back in the day. It's his choice to go or not. You don't know why he's not going so don't stress out.

I don't get why people are surprised. The Rock Hall of Fame is a builshit institution. It use to mean something until they started ignoring more deserving acts in favor of pop stars and rappers because they want to be in touch with things.

What I really don't understand is the back lash against Izzy. Do you hardcore fans not know Izzy?

At this point I don't dare if Adler is the only one there, he is as irrelevant as the Hall of Fame.

I'm on the fence about that - to me, and Steve Van Zandt said this, it's more for people who get lost and forgotten, but if they chose everyone obscure, it would be a boring ceremony with people going "who's that"? I thought Leonard Cohen made no sense as a performer, and when LC gave his speech, he made a comment about not being rock and roll. GNR's inducted because in a way, they saved rock and roll in the late 80s. I think a lot of turnover was going on in the music industry at the time, the best music at that time was "underground", or "left of the dial", and at first GNR was considered a bunch of "posers" who looked like other bands. But it was when people started listening to AFD from all generations that they went "damn that's good". It wasn't your parents rock and roll (although now it is).

They're in for AFD, the same way the Pistols are in for one album.

It was prob. comparable to The Ramones, garage rock with a really dark edge to it and a snotty attitude, but it was a familiar sound to people.

The backlash against Izzy is because he feels like doing what he wants and to not show up to accept an award for the work he did, is kind of dumb. He'll still get it, his name will still be etched in stone, but to not show up because of some drama BS that might or might not happen is nonsense.

But it came out that no one gets excluded intentionally, and that's what was pissing people off. It's a consensus, they have a huge list to go through, some bands make it on the list one year and off the next. Some bands think it's cooler to say they're excluded and get the fans to rally for them. It's a bunch of music journalists, musicians, and music execs sitting in a room with a bunch of names and reasons they should be in. There's no arguing or fighting, no one getting red in the face about it.

Motherfuckers! we gave you fortune and fame, we put you in there, we made of you the world greatest band. otherwise you'd be in jail or dead.

Fuck Izzy

Do it for true fans

I follow this guys since 1990 and now they can't stand for the fans 1 night

:rofl-lol: Relax there buddy.

Motherfuckers! we gave you fortune and fame, we put you in there, we made of you the world greatest band. otherwise you'd be in jail or dead.

Fuck Izzy

Do it for true fans

black leather is right though.. izzy and the other guys should think about the fans once in a while..

Fuck Izzy

Do it for true fans

There's that sense of entitlement that some of you make GNR fans famous for....sigh.

black leather is right though.. izzy and the other guys should think about the fans once in a while..

I can't blame Izzy dude. The guy decided not to deal with the bullshit. He's smart and I respect his ass for that. :shrugs:

we don't know his reasons (these reasons might be reasonable or maybe they are just bullshit), we shouldn't make assumptions..

Izzy doesn't do well when it come to press related things. He is very camera shy.

Izzy is Izzy, we all know that. But still, it's a huge let down for us fans and supporters.

He even let me down when I needed him to help with Reckless Road. When I told him what I was doing , he was excited but, still couldn't find a way to help me. All your going to get from Izzy is new music every 6 months for the rest of his life, which is very cool but that it.

Hear that reunion people?

I wonder why Izzy was there to jump on stage with guns a bunch of tines, then Axl.said hebwouldnt be part of the reunion if there was one, now hes not going to .rnrhof. Seems like there may have been new issues between Axl and Izzy. One minute Izzy's jamming with nuGNR and the next Axl wouldnt include him in a reunion?

Slash and co will bring their guitars just in case...

problem solved.. ^_^;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfPbnFPQgSg

Not Myles, but let Slash do his thing on the stage. True sound of Gn'R right there!

Indeed it is,and when I was at this show it was the closest I've heard to that sound in years.

New GnR line up has their own take on things,but,when in you're in a small room with Slash laying that down at ear crunching volumes...well,it took me back to the first time I heard it live in the early 90's.

Would be nice if Duff,Izzy and the rest of the boys were doing it at HOF...but just saying,if they aren't doing it...there's NO other version that will come close,especially if the intention is to pay homage to the inducted line up of the band.Myles doesn't sound like Axl...well yeah...and he's not trying to.He's singing it as Myles and I'll tell you,he can hit those registers and notes effortlessly and without flaw.If someone has to go in there in replacement of Axl,why not someone who can actually do it with style,class and respect.

Some of you nuGnR people can needlessly bash away...but Slash and the boys nail that song. :)

Just saying...ya know...if Axl and Izzy etc. aren't going to do it...I'm just stating a "what if".

I'd rather hear these guys do it then Slash jamming with Paul Schaffer's fucking house band...and...what??...Rod Stewart trying to sing it?

Just saying...ya know...if Axl and Izzy etc. aren't going to do it...I'm just stating a "what if".

I'd rather hear these guys do it then Slash jamming with Paul Schaffer's fucking house band...and...what??...Rod Stewart trying to sing it?

I agree. I'd rather have whoever is there on stage with Myles singing than have some random other band play a few Guns songs as a tribute. We all know what happened at the Van Halen induction. :lol:

I wonder why Izzy was there to jump on stage with guns a bunch of tines, then Axl.said hebwouldnt be part of the reunion if there was one, now hes not going to .rnrhof. Seems like there may have been new issues between Axl and Izzy. One minute Izzy's jamming with nuGNR and the next Axl wouldnt include him in a reunion?

I think because Izzy just likes to decide on the spot. He's not one for making plans. The shows he played with the new band were spontaneous. During TMS interview with Axl, he said Izzy might show up, yet he never did.

This is all just an assumption though, I have no clue what he really thinks, as I'm not Izzy himself and don't even know the guy.