OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walk of Fame unveiled in Cleveland, honors 17 at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

GunsNRosesWEB_20120404145105_320_240.JPG

CLEVELAND - The countdown to the Rock and Roll Hall Fame induction ceremony official began Wednesday. The first step took place in front of Public Hall, where bronze plaques in the ground honoring the newest class of inductees were unveiled.

There are 17 in all, each costing around $5,000. A construction team member told newsnet5.com only 14 are in the ground, the other three were coming Wednesday morning.

“They came in on Saturday and we moved heaven and earth to get them in the ground on time,” said one worker.

It’s not clear at this point where else in the city the plaques will be put, but it’s been reported that the plan is to get everyone inducted in the cement. There have been 279 total inductees with 26 ceremonies. This is the first time the ceremony is back in Cleveland in three years.

The plaques will be auctioned off and your name or company will appear below the artist at the bottom. It’s been reported that the week long festivities are expected to help the city rake in about $15 million. There are several events going on throughout Cleveland leading up to the induction ceremony on April 14.

Rolling Stone reported the rock band Green Day will give the induction speech for Guns and Roses. The magazine said former members Slash, Duff McKagan, and Steven Adler may also make an appearance. Guitarists Izzy Stradlin and lead singer Axl Rose have not indicated they will show.

From 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., the Hard Rock Café Cleveland will be hosting an exhibit honoring the class of 2012 at Tower City Center. The event is being called Code Breakers of Rock and Roll. It will feature exhibit items from Guns and Roses, Beastie Boys, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

For more information about the week-long festivities, visit: http://rockhall.com

Video here as well:

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/entertainment/rock_hall/walk-of-fame-unveiled-in-cleveland-honors-17-at-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame#ixzz1r6TKV5Go

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/entertainment/rock_hall/walk-of-fame-unveiled-in-cleveland-honors-17-at-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame#ixzz1r6T96raZ

-----

Inductee Spotlight: Guns N' Roses

http://rockhall.com/story-of-rock/video-series/video/7491/

----

Donavan discusses the 2012 Class of inductees:

Edited by gunsguy

Green Day inducting them is the final straw broken for me. That's beyond pathetic. FUCK THIS SHIT!!!

Finally, the OP posts something that I completely agree with.

It should have been A7X.

It should have been Alice Cooper or at least someone who has a passing relationship with the band.

You're getting it all wrong. The people that induct the band needs to be someone who has been influenced one way or another by that band. Someone who came into the business after the inductee.

When keeping that in mind, Alice Cooper or Aerosmith wouldn't work.

Gallagher would have worked. Don't really know about Gnr's influence on Green Day but we'll see what they have to say when the day comes.

Green Day inducting them is the final straw broken for me. That's beyond pathetic. FUCK THIS SHIT!!!

Finally, the OP posts something that I completely agree with.

It should have been A7X.

It should have been Alice Cooper or at least someone who has a passing relationship with the band.

You're getting it all wrong. The people that induct the band needs to be someone who has been influenced one way or another by that band. Someone who came into the business after the inductee.

Gallagher would have worked. Don't really know about Gnr's influence on Green Day but we'll see what they have to say when the day comes.

So it goes, but to me it makes a hell of a lot more sense if someone inducts you who a. is already in there and b. you followed in the grand scheme of things. Green Day inducting Guns is like your little brother giving you a pat on the head for not shitting the bed.

Alot of you douches out here over analyze, freak out then blab all types of crap and your stupid thoughts..

Nobody knows what's going to happen, so stop generating more speculation than there really is..

Slash says axl hates my guts.. Your interpretation of it is " he's ruining it!! It's slashes fault axl won't show!!" god damn idiots..

1: axl hasn't said anything

2: since when was it bad that slash is stating what's already obvious?? Slash didn't call slash a cancer.. Axl did!

Plus alot of your stupid speculations led most of you to believe axl might be cool with slash, since the cancer comments?? Since when did axl say anything positive about slash since??

So if you think slashs words are to blame?

You think Stevens comments are to blame?

You think izzys lack of interest is to blame?

Nobody knows shit, not even the guys who were in gnr know.. So what the hell would you know?? Most of you are over analyzing and making up your own fantasy/ stories..

That is not true. That is usually how it works out but it doesn't have to be.

I don't see or understand how Gn'R could have influenced Green Day to write such a pathetic and awful music. :shrugs:

if he plays with the old band, he'll never hear the end of the reunion bullshit.

None of them ever will

That's one of the reasons why I wouldn't want Axl to perform with the original band as a whole. It will just fuel an already strong cause by reunionists who will always say negative comments about current GN'R, because they want a reunion.

And if this thing did go ahead, with the performance with Axl and all. Then I don't think you could blame the reunionists anymore for saying what they say, because they have seen what they wanted to see, and they are going to want more and more etc.

GN'R just tweeted about the Green Day thing, wonder what that means in relation to Axls' involvment in the event?.

That's a lot to assume don't you think? Let's think realistically here, people want to see the old band play together, if they actually set their differences aside and played even ONE SONG I think it would put a lot of the bickering to rest, nobody with common sense is expecting them to reform long term, most of the "reunionists" as you call them are just younger fans who never got the chance to see the old band play together, even if they watch it on live TV it would still give a lot of fans, and hopefully the members, some much needed closure. How this can be perceived as a bad thing for Guns N' Roses is beyond me.

The only thing that's going to fuel hatred and insults for the new band (something that only really exists on the forums, seriously, who gives a shit that's never going to change) is if this turns into a stupid drama, aka, the band doesn't play. Playing together would make Axl look 1,000,000,000 times better than if nothing happens and it turns out to be a predictable embarrassment, I bet you'd see a lot of his toughest critics applaud the man.

This notion that if they play together people will get more pissed off is ridiculous

Is anybody else hoping that Axl, Slash and Duff don't bother turning up at the Hall of Fame now? Green Day inducting them is the final straw broken for me. That's beyond pathetic. FUCK THIS SHIT!!!

It doesn't really matter what is the final straw for you.

To be honest without all of them at the event doesn't mean much to me anymore

but i agree with this one

Inductee Spotlight: Guns N' Roses

More like "Inductee Spotlight: Slash". :shrugs:

Exact quote.... "Slash and Guns N' Roses".

To be realistic though, which fans obviously find hard. What would Axl's motivation be for showing up, as opposed to the reasons he probably won't? Is it the biggest achievement in his career or would any one here really give fuck if it was another band or the classic era Gn'R hadn't spilt it up 2 decades ago?

What's the major diff between the Rock Hall Of Fame and a VMA lifetime award?