OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

Honestly, if I were the guys I would leave Axl at his table, get up there and have a great time. Let the whole world see who the problem is (not that everyone doesn't already know) but they should just do it. Let Axl sit there with his lap dog DJ telling him he's the shit.

Then let the camera sit there infront of Axl being a petty dick, refusing to get up there with a little sour face. Shame him, if he's going to be such a brat about the whole thing.

FFS the guy has been handed a lifetime of doing nothing but whatever he wants to do and he can't even get up and play afew songs. Pathetic.

Well said.

I agree, That is exactly what they should do!

This is a technical +3

If people want to say Axl playing with the old band ruins everything he built with the new band, they can't imagine the shit storm that would happen if the other guys played and Axl didn't, and how much of a prick he would look like.

Though that could be said if any one member sat while the others went and played. But I can't imagine anybody but Axl who would possibly be willing to just sit there while the rest of the band went to play.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I find funny, is that Axl has not said a word and a lot of people are attacking him... He did not say "We're not playing" yet... I'm not saying he even wants to, but he still doesn't say anything, he just seems to not care, not worry. People will have to probably remind him the night before about the event. I also think it doesn't matter how much you think you know someone, how can you dare presume you know the actual reason for him "not wanting to play"? Yes, maybe it's pride. Maybe he's still resented.. Maybe he's afraid for the exact same reasons people believe in here about damaging the few work he has done in this what? 15 years? People feel things different, perceive things different, people just think different!! There's only one thing we all humans have that it's real and noone should take away from us and that's free will. He doesn't owe us anything and whatever he's going to do, it must be cause he wants to do it (Specially in this incredibly stupid and trivial situation). If anything, you people are the ones who should grow up and let the man decide and stop making it seem that it's such a fucking terrible crime to do what you want to do.

Maybe Slash, Steven and duff should perform with gilby?

Hmm... I'd prefer Gilby, Matt, and Tracii Guns.

No you wouldnt.

Hey, Axl would argue to the death that Tracii Guns is the true original lead guitarist in guns, and have you heard Tracii and Gilby's GN'R tribute album? Classic.

/joke.

No you wouldnt.

Hey, Axl would argue to the death that Tracii Guns is the true original lead guitarist in guns, and have you heard Tracii and Gilby's GN'R tribute album? Classic.

/joke.

IDK about making much of a joke about it, a lot of songs were originally made during the pre Slash Era.

Edited by Billy B

No you wouldnt.

/joke.

IDK about making much of a joke about it, a lot of songs were originally made during the pre Slash Era.

Fine then go listen to your Gnr albums and enjoy Tracci Guns work on them, also tell the millions of fans who have seen GNR in the 80's and 90's that Tracci was who they were paying to see and not in fact Slash. Ask them if they want a refund.

What I find funny, is that Axl has not said a word and a lot of people are attacking him... He did not say "We're not playing" yet... I'm not saying he even wants to, but he still doesn't say anything, he just seems to not care, not worry. People will have to probably remind him the night before about the event. I also think it doesn't matter how much you think you know someone, how can you dare presume you know the actual reason for him "not wanting to play"? Yes, maybe it's pride. Maybe he's still resented.. Maybe he's afraid for the exact same reasons people believe in here about damaging the few work he has done in this what? 15 years? People feel things different, perceive things different, people just think different!! There's only one thing we all humans have that it's real and noone should take away from us and that's free will. He doesn't owe us anything and whatever he's going to do, it must be cause he wants to do it (Specially in this incredibly stupid and trivial situation). If anything, you people are the ones who should grow up and let the man decide and stop making it seem that it's such a fucking terrible crime to do what you want to do.

Word! rock3

Seriously, lets slay the man AFTER the event, okay? Geez... :rolleyes:

Would seeing Axl on stage performing with Slash be good enough for you? I think that's what we all want to see more than anything else. Yeah, it would be cool if it was the whole AFD lineup, but I really just want to see Axl and Slash when it comes right down to it. We all know that the two of them together (under the GNR name) could sell out stadiums around the world.

yes, of course. you know what? as far as live performance goes, guns n'roses is axl and slash. without one of them there's no gnr.

songwriting is a different story, you also need izzy and duff to have great gnr songs.

I don't think he's dwelling on the induction, and there's going to be people there like Azoff that he's not looking forward to seeing again. I'm sure he knows when it's happening, but the closer it gets to the date, they'll prob. remind him.

I think the decision on whether or not they're performing will happen the day of the event. So far, very few people are expecting them to play.

I doubt he's still stuck on the "Slash is evil" kick though. I do think Slash and Axl are just going to say hi and keep it light, the whole "can you believe everyone making a big deal out of this" stuff.

Honestly, I'll just be happy if they shake hands and put the past behind them. Imagine getting the first photos of Axl and Slash together after nearly 20 years. If they play, that's just a bonus.

This.

this.

Not this. I'm a fan of their music. I'm not their counselor. I couldn't give a fuck about whether they like each other or can get along with each other. What do I have invested in their interpersonal relationship? My only questions are "Are they playing music together?" and if they are, then, "Where are they playing live?" or "What is the name of the album and when does it come out?" Anything else is not important to me as a fan of their music. So do I care if they are sitting at the same table? No. Shake hands? No. Have a laugh? No. The only thing that matters to me, DirtyDeeds, fan of Guns n' Roses music is whether or not Guns n' Roses plays music. If they do, that's cool for a few minutes. If they don't, then that is okay, too, my life and my being a fan of the music won't change.

Edited by DirtyDeeds

If the original AFD lineup bar Axl decide to play a couple of songs I guess most fans will be happy enough - I would. :)

Izzy will not be there! Slash had the chance on his first solo album to put himself, Izzy, Duff and Steven together with a singer and decided not to do it. So I doubt that they will play together without Axl. I know Slash will jam with other bands that night so maybe Duff, Matt and Steven will also.

Asked if he had any advice for fellow Rock Hall honorees Guns N' Roses, whose members appear unprepared to put aside their differences for an induction performance, Stewart replied:

"I don't know what the internal problems are. I don't know whether there are any drug problems, or whether they've all grown up a little bit now. I don't know. I think what you've got to remember is, just do it for the public, once. That's the word of advice I would give."

Wood also hopes that GN'R can pull their act together for the ceremony.

"I would say just swallow your pride and play a few songs for the people who put you there," he said. "Then you can start your personal gripes, you know? Try and do a bit for the people, because they all love Guns N' Roses. Doesn't matter if you have little squabbles amongst yourselves. Play your gig."

Wood added that he'd love to jam with his pals GN'R guitarist Slash and Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea at the festivities.

http://www.cleveland.com/popmusic/index.ssf/2012/03/rod_stewart_and_ronnie_wood_lo.html

smart words

+1

I've been reading the Slash book and off since it cameout. I'm about 20 pages from the end. Slash says a lot of good things about Guns and Axl Rose, but the whole situation, a situation the current hired hands also have to endure at the hands of Rose are dire. Power, Ego, Selfishness, tanlent too, that's Axl. I can't see music being performed.

http://www.cleveland.com/rockhall/index.ssf/2012/04/2012_rock_and_roll_hall_of_fam_3.html

Guns N' Roses

Members: Steven Adler (drums), William "Axl Rose" Bailey (vocals), Saul "Slash" Hudson (guitar), Jeffrey "Izzy Stradlin" Isbell (guitar), Michael "Duff" McKagan (bass), Darren "Dizzy" Reed (keyboards) and Matt Sorum (drums).

Hometown: Los Angeles.

Claim to fame: These hard-rockers burst out of the Sunset Strip 25 years ago with "Appetite for Destruction," which has sold 18 million copies in the United States alone, according to the Recording Industry Association of America. The album's No. 1 single, "Sweet Child o' Mine," was unavoidable, seemingly blaring from every stereo and radio within earshot. A small army of musicians has passed through the GN'R ranks since the band's '80s-'90s heyday, with Rose and Reed as the only mainstays.

Playlist:

"Sweet Child o' Mine" YouTube)

"Welcome to the Jungle" YouTube)

"Paradise City" YouTube)

"Patience" YouTube)

"November Rain" YouTube)

Guns N' Roses inductor TBA.

i'm ready to bet $2000 that gnr will play at the hof

the odds will make it worth it

I'm ready to bet my life that gnr will not play at the hof

I'll bet my left nut they won't play. If they do, it will be worth the sacrifice :) Either way, I'm not getting my hopes up at all.