OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who thinks that possibly all of the recent negativity (Adler's comments, Slash saying they won't play etc.) are all just a ploy, so that when they do play it will be an even bigger piece of news? I can just imagine the guys communicating and saying things like, "Everyone expects the worst from us, so let's get them going." I just have a feeling all of this is being done as part of a publicity stunt. I could very well be wrong, but it's just a hunch that I have.

Am I the only one who thinks that possibly all of the recent negativity (Adler's comments, Slash saying they won't play etc.) are all just a ploy, so that when they do play it will be an even bigger piece of news? I can just imagine the guys communicating and saying things like, "Everyone expects the worst from us, so let's get them going." I just have a feeling all of this is being done as part of a publicity stunt. I could very well be wrong, but it's just a hunch that I have.

In response to this I would say don't get your hopes up m8

that's just over-thinking it...it is what it is and that's the way it's always been...I feel like a lot of the rumors etc. stem from the fact that most people can't comprehend that there could be so much chaos and 'unknown' in the Gn'R universe...

Edited by ppruks

Don't behave and submit. Hell with the pressure don't cave in!

Yeah Axl, don't submit to a stupid feud that happened when you were in your fucking 20's. Don't cave into an ancient gripe about things that are completely fucking meaningless now that you're in your 50's. Don't bow down to the anger demons from the distant past. You're a better man now, you're wiser and more mature now. Show it, show it to the world on April 14th.

Call me fucking crazy - wouldn't be the first time I've been described as such - but I think Axl is a good man who wants to do the right thing, and he knows the right thing is to perform in Cleveland. If he was truly dead set against doing it, he would have scheduled tour dates for mid-April and used them as an excuse to not attend the HOF induction - but he didn't, did he?

This comment strikes me as what you would like to be the truth. For those of us who have followed the band... I think we will agree the likelihood of this being the case is extremely low.

This comment strikes me as what you would like to be the truth. For those of us who have followed the band... I think we will agree the likelihood of this being the case is extremely low.

I think many folks would like it to be the truth, especially those who shelled out the big bucks to go to Cleveland.

There does seem to be a lot of towing the line going around, ie. Izzy the recluse isn't going, Steven says something bitter. I think Izzy will br there, for one because he's classy and I'm also sure he's buds with a few of musicians tah will be there to honor GNR that night.

Anyways, if it is a ruse, I woldn't be surprised, because that's rally the only way for it to roll smoothly. That being said, I still think Axl may decide the day of the show. Also, if the thing goes down, Duff gets credit, because it seems like he's been working away at it.

Ummm ... no.

Both Slash and Adler later backtracked, with Slash saying he'd love to play and Adler apologizing. And they're not close enough to Axl to plan and execute a prank like that together.

Slash never said he didn't want to, he just said they weren't going to.

But I agree, there's no way this is some clever way to surprise us, its just business as usual

Ummm ... no.

Both Slash and Adler later backtracked, with Slash saying he'd love to play and Adler apologizing. And they're not close enough to Axl to plan and execute a prank like that together.

Slash never said he didn't want to, he just said they weren't going to.

But I agree, there's no way this is some clever way to surprise us, its just business as usual

You're right, Slash never said he didn't want to play ... but he did say a) "We're not playing, I know that we're not playing" and b ) "Either it hasn’t hit me yet or maybe it’s been so long since I had anything to do with Guns N’ Roses that I just don’t really get it".

What I meant by Slash backtracking is that he went from >> saying there's no chance they will play and not showing a desire to play or understanding why it would be a big deal to >>>> saying he would "love to play" and implying there's a chance they could play and that "it would be cool".

Edited by The Linguini Occurrence

Axl is really shooting himself in the foot when he never make any public comments regarding these types of events. I don't understand why.

The less he says the better? Look at how much we pick apart these comments, it'll be 100x worse with Axl. Besides it much easier to back-out if he doesn't make any promises to begin with. :shrugs:

He's probably not given it much thought anyway cuz to me it seems like every one around him avoids the subject (for whatever reason). I think any and all plans will be made in the last few days leading up to the event.

Edited by KiraMPD

Axl is really shooting himself in the foot when he never make any public comments regarding these types of events. I don't understand why.

The less he says the better? Look at how much we pick apart these comments, it'll be 100x worse with Axl. Besides it much easier to back-out if he doesn't make any promises to begin with. :shrugs:

He's probably not given it much thought anyway cuz to me it seems like every one around him avoids the subject (for whatever reason). I think any and all plans will be made in the last few days leading up to the event.

But there are many things he could say to come across as the "good guy". He could say that he wish Steven all the best bla bla bla. No need to comment on Slash since there's not really anything to say about him, but at least on the stuff Steven said.

I doubt they're punking us.

I think in Adler's case, he should have just talked about recording new music and left it as "we'll see what happens" regarding playing together.

Izzy's going because he wrote a lot of the songs and wants his trophy, dammit.

Agreed. I DO feel like you can never rule out the "unexpected" with these guys. I don't think it would be part of an elaborate ruse or something like the OP suggests- but maybe there's a 2% chance of the guys being surprisingly civil with each other when they get to Cleveland, Axl having a few libations and getting coaxed by Elton John or something and just saying "Oh- what the hell... let's go play Brownstone". I certainly wouldn't expect it in a million years though...

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

But there are many things he could say to come across as the "good guy". He could say that he wish Steven all the best bla bla bla. No need to comment on Slash since there's not really anything to say about him, but at least on the stuff Steven said.

Again he probably doesn't know/care/have anything nice to say. Steven's said a lot over the years and I don't think Axl's been particularly responsive to any of it. He probably just wants to avoid Steven.

Again he probably doesn't know/care/have anything nice to say. Steven's said a lot over the years and I don't think Axl's been particularly responsive to any of it. He probably just wants to avoid Steven.

Steven's brother emailed Axl's management to see if Steven could join Axl and the new members in one of the 2011 gigs. Never received a reply. So yes, Axl is avoiding him.

Steven's brother emailed Axl's management to see if Steven could join Axl and the new members in one of the 2011 gigs. Never received a reply. So yes, Axl is avoiding him.

Yeah... for a few years it seemed like even Slash was avoiding him...

It's sad.