Liam Gallagher voted greatest frontman of all time

realpoti

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How dare they put Freddie Mercury and that twat from Muse in the same sentence.

You always hated Muse or do you just hate them of late? The latter seems to be the sentiment with alot of folks I know. Just curious.

I was never into Muse, some chick played me some of their music back in like 2003 and because she was cute I had to pretend to like it. I'd do anything for pussy in those days. But yeah, I thought they were mediocre.

Guest Len B'stard

Yeah, i think you're mistaking a fan voted poll for like, some fucking definitive gospel according to the Gods of music poll compiled with absolute accuracy regarding the annals of popular music history, it's what the people voted for and the people voted for Liam and why fucking not, every generation needs a fuckin Liam and it's sad there ain't one in this generation. A Lydon would be preferrable but lets face it, those don't come cheap.

But yeah, why not Liam, he looks the part, dresses the part, has a fairly distinctive vocal style, absolutely owns the stage and does so by doing very little, which is pretty much the definition of charisma, there's nothing cooler than when Liam swaggers onto a stage and looks to the left of him...then to the right of him, like Alexander surveying the breadth of his domain and looking totally unmoved by it all. He's cool as fuck and i can think of a lot worse people to be top of this list, it's actually restored my faith somewhat in the music listening public and, y'know, there are a million other frontmen or, y'know, i don't think Elvis really counts cuz Elvis weren't a band so he's not really the frontman of anything. Mick Jagger i might put higher, few others but then you gotta bear in mind that this is 20 fucking 12, maybe that don't make up the bulk of what people listen to these days. Fuck me i doubt even bands like Oasis do.

Quite frankly my top 20 wouldn't have Freddie Mercury in it or Ronnie James Dio or Ozzy or a lot of the names being bandied around this thread. I don't think putting someone like Ronnie James Dio anywhere near a top ten of best vocalists of all time is any crazier than Liam being there, in fact it probably is, a lot fuckin crazier at that. Or was it David Lee Roth that was mentioned? Well either way, same applies.

Edited by sugaraylen

I can't take a frontman list seriously that doesn't have Bruce Dickinson on it. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. :rofl-lol:

I don't think putting someone like Ronnie James Dio anywhere near a top ten of best vocalists of all time is any crazier than Liam being there, in fact it probably is, a lot fuckin crazier at that. Or was it David Lee Roth that was mentioned? Well either way, same applies.

:blink: Have you ever heard Stargazer, Catch the Rainbow, or As Long As It's Not About Love?

Yeah, i think you're mistaking a fan voted poll for like, some fucking definitive gospel according to the Gods of music poll compiled with absolute accuracy regarding the annals of popular music history, it's what the people voted for and the people voted for Liam and why fucking not, every generation needs a fuckin Liam and it's sad there ain't one in this generation. A Lydon would be preferrable but lets face it, those don't come cheap.

But yeah, why not Liam, he looks the part, dresses the part, has a fairly distinctive vocal style, absolutely owns the stage and does so by doing very little, which is pretty much the definition of charisma, there's nothing cooler than when Liam swaggers onto a stage and looks to the left of him...then to the right of him, like Alexander surveying the breadth of his domain and looking totally unmoved by it all. He's cool as fuck and i can think of a lot worse people to be top of this list, it's actually restored my faith somewhat in the music listening public and, y'know, there are a million other frontmen or, y'know, i don't think Elvis really counts cuz Elvis weren't a band so he's not really the frontman of anything. Mick Jagger i might put higher, few others but then you gotta bear in mind that this is 20 fucking 12, maybe that don't make up the bulk of what people listen to these days. Fuck me i doubt even bands like Oasis do.

Quite frankly my top 20 wouldn't have Freddie Mercury in it or Ronnie James Dio or Ozzy or a lot of the names being bandied around this thread. I don't think putting someone like Ronnie James Dio anywhere near a top ten of best vocalists of all time is any crazier than Liam being there, in fact it probably is, a lot fuckin crazier at that. Or was it David Lee Roth that was mentioned? Well either way, same applies.

I'm starting to think you're trolling.

Just stop.

I can't take a frontman list seriously that doesn't have Bruce Dickinson on it. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. :rofl-lol:

I don't think putting someone like Ronnie James Dio anywhere near a top ten of best vocalists of all time is any crazier than Liam being there, in fact it probably is, a lot fuckin crazier at that. Or was it David Lee Roth that was mentioned? Well either way, same applies.

:blink: Have you ever heard Stargazer, Catch the Rainbow, or As Long As It's Not About Love?

Can: Open

Worms: Everywhere

Stole that from another poster