House Of Blues, West Hollywood, Califórnia, USA

Hatchepsut

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's exactly why Slash doesn't need to put on a disco ball top hat and join the BEP for the Super Bowl or Lil Wayne and a bunch of rappers for the VMA's... :shrugs:

What worse? A millionaire legendary rockstar doing ridiculous stuff for money or a not-so-well-known, soon-to-be-forgotten new guy that's trying to milk his almost famous status while he's still in the media spotlight? :shrugs:

What's worse, eh? :rofl-lol:

Look, Axl Rose did this piece of shit in 2004:

Holy shit! I didn't know Jack Thompson got an account at mygnr! Edited by Scrubs

DJ Ashba's a loser. But so is Axl. Yin and yang.

Ashba is north of 40, and dresses like he dresses.

Axl calls band mates he hasn't worked with since the 90s "cancer", and writes albums about chicks he hasn't banged since highlighted shoelaces were en vogue. And he keeps writing white trash vengeance essays about forum moderators.

Come on, brah. It's as bad as Slash doing PC with Fergie.

1.You classify both Axl n' Ashba as "losers?" Yeah,travelling around the world doing what you love for a living sucks in the worst way,they should be just like you and typing crap about people they don't know on an internet forum.

2.Everybody takes the "cancer" out of context,hell slash didn't seem to be as offended as some of his fans are.

3. What is wrong with being over 40 and wearing jeans,Ts,and Jackets? Not everyone has a 9-5 "suit" job,or is required to wear burger-flippin' uniforms to our jobs.

4. The only "white trash vengeance essay" I've seen was directed at a very deserving party that was using her position to spread Bullshit rumors,and talk smack about GNR, I'm still laughing about that.

Finally,you diss Ashba's chosen attire,but you overlook the fact that slash is still wearing the leathers,Hat,etc. I could give a shit less what anyone wears,but you have a bit of a double standard going there.

If you don't like GNR,crawl over to Bonjovi's forum,maybe you could cheer him up about being passed over in the RRHOF again,poor guy is doing Advil commercials :lol:

DJ Ashba's a loser. But so is Axl. Yin and yang.

Ashba is north of 40, and dresses like he dresses.

Axl calls band mates he hasn't worked with since the 90s "cancer", and writes albums about chicks he hasn't banged since highlighted shoelaces were en vogue. And he keeps writing white trash vengeance essays about forum moderators.

Come on, brah. It's as bad as Slash doing PC with Fergie.

1.You classify both Axl n' Ashba as "losers?" Yeah,travelling around the world doing what you love for a living sucks in the worst way,they should be just like you and typing crap about people they don't know on an internet forum.

2.Everybody takes the "cancer" out of context,hell slash didn't seem to be as offended as some of his fans are.

3. What is wrong with being over 40 and wearing jeans,Ts,and Jackets? Not everyone has a 9-5 "suit" job,or is required to wear burger-flippin' uniforms to our jobs.

4. The only "white trash vengeance essay" I've seen was directed at a very deserving party that was using her position to spread Bullshit rumors,and talk smack about GNR, I'm still laughing about that.

Finally,you diss Ashba's chosen attire,but you overlook the fact that slash is still wearing the leathers,Hat,etc. I could give a shit less what anyone wears,but you have a bit of a double standard going there.

If you don't like GNR,crawl over to Bonjovi's forum,maybe you could cheer him up about being passed over in the RRHOF again,poor guy is doing Advil commercials :lol:

:thumbsup:

This.

This may seem off topic but it relates to it.

Axl has clearly change over the passed four years. He use to not want anything to do with Slash related stuff but I am pretty sure that after reading Slash's book, it allowed him to see Slash from his view. I can see him chuckling going "oh man, I remember that!" like how Slash made it seem Axl banged his girlfriend once, when he said he really did it all the time. But still people still think Axl hates him and venue workers are trying to get people to not wear those Slash shirts. He seems to be avoiding it all together.

Which brings me to this topic, Axl is not the same Axl, he would have given a shit about DJ being a cooperate owner but he just wants a guy who gets the job done, show up, play the songs, get along with everybody, don't fight him and if promoting himself will keep him happy, so be it.

Hell maybe DJ will be the ticket to an Axl/Vince reconciliation.

I agree about Axl changing over the last four years. Four years ago he wanted to release new music and put almost all of his focus on showing the world all of the new music. But now he wants to bring back Estranged, Civil War, You're Crazy, Used To Love Her, Dead Flowers, Mama Kin, Whole Lotta Rosie and focus more on the Pre-1994 music.

Okay what the hell did they do with this thread, oh nevermind I see lol :monkey:

What reconciliation birdcatcher, were they ever friends as opposed to tour mates?

And gnrskid, I hear that once the label really just all but backed out of making waves with CD (instead they're like most and want a reunion at this point lol) and maybe just out of their frustration with Axl and vice versa, and how the Azoff thing or whatever went down(so many rumors/reasons for that one)I think Axl said f*ck it.

That said, what could he do now, he still may have a shot with the new crew but of course there comes the HOF and the folks who'll really want a reunion ten fold, especially if he puts on a stellar performance with the old crew. Of course he doesn't put on any sort of performance there, no less not show up, then the public not giving new GnR a fair shake won't be the only thing that he'll be singing the blues over. So is he or isn't he, catch 22.

Edited by Nicc

Maybe it's already been answered, but:

1) Was Brain introduced by Axl, or did he just appear?

2) Was he thanked after the couple songs he played on?

3) Did anyone see Robin or Brain in the background before they came onstage?

4) Did Robin just appear from backstage before Better or did Axl mention him before he came out?

Brain was introduced here

If playing with Fergie is the worst thing Slash has done, I'll take that over being an annoying walking infomercial with no substance.

He also begged Joseph Bruce to join Insane Clown Posse...

INSANE...

CLOWN...

POSSE...

Hahahaha I have to say the delivery and wording of this made me laugh!

WHY DID THE MODS MERGE MY THREAD WITH THIS ONE? OVER 20 PAGES LONG, AND NOW BOTH THREADS HAVE GONE TO FUCK

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=185212&st=285

great job guys :thumbsup:

...I was wondering the same thing...I thought something was wrong when I came into the House of Blues thread and saw all this stuff...what the fuck mods? Really?

WHY DID THE MODS MERGE MY THREAD WITH THIS ONE? OVER 20 PAGES LONG, AND NOW BOTH THREADS HAVE GONE TO FUCK

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=185212&st=285

great job guys :thumbsup:

...I was wondering the same thing...I thought something was wrong when I came into the House of Blues thread and saw all this stuff...what the fuck mods? Really?

Reality Check, Chill out. You may not agree with moderation decisions,but this isn't your forum,and it shouldn't traumatize your delicate ego to have a merged thread,no need for more Drama,PM the mods if you have an issue.

Back on topic, how did this HOB gig rank in the UCAP tour?

It just makes no sense to merge a concert thread with a thread about DJ...when the mods merge threads, it's because the threads are both talking about the same subject...this is retarded. It's got nothing to do with ego's.

BTW, funny how you said "back on topic". LOL. What topic? the house of blues show? the dj discussion?

edit: saw you were talking about the show. but still...you get my point.

Edited by DrBrownstone

heeeey, another version of Better

Very cool this video. Since 2001 the RIR I have not seen or heard any more about Robin Finck.

It's great to see that he is well and keeps playing.

Really is great to see a guy who contributed to the Guns, visit the band and have a party. :xmassrudolph:

I liked his guitar yellow, whole style is cool.

But the sound of the vocals and guitars in this video is low.

Thanks for posting! :thumbsup:

Edited by Hatchepsut

Dead Flowers awesome!! Linda! Linda!.. So sweet!! :wub:

Axl dancing ... lost my mind... :rofl-lol::wub:

I've seen more than 20 times, lost count ... and I'm not tired... :wub:

THANK YOU GUNS AMAZING SHOW!!!

it's funny because axl has changed the way he sings the song, but you can hear people in the audience doing the "ayyee-yeah"s and "whooa-yeeeh"s that axl used to do when he sang the track.

Yes, to be honest, I did not know that Guns had recorded this song.

I hear the most current and former Guns originals, covers not much, but I like covers are classics that Guns must

record and get into the history with the interpretation of Axl.

I like the most of the songs from the Stones, in fact all!

I heard other versions now and liked them all, as this current most calm and beautiful, but I prefer this now no doubt,

because is everything now I'm living, in the past I was away from the Guns and now I'm here .. and I'm just loving it

... this is a beautiful song and Axl singing so magnificent and so sweet! ..

I can not explain how much I am enjoying it all ! :heart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTMb34GXFog&feature=related

I love acoustic is very nice. And I hope that someday they play "Dead Flowers" on acoustic again!

Edited by Hatchepsut

Dammit what a show. Axl kills it on every song I've seen so far. Michelle, You're Crazy, RQ, Dead Flowers... UGH I'm so happy, he looks like he'll have good momentum going into the HOF; you know, where GNR will reclaim world dominance. Having Brain and Finck up there I think is great. I listen to a lot of 70s Miles Davis (which I know Brain did too) and Claypool's big bands and I think they should keep doing these big band things with lots of auxiiary percussion. And Richard Fortus is a god on guitar, Did you see him on Kimmel with Brain?! Whew!!

I think that performance of Dead Flowers would be worthy of its own topic. The low parts just became my new favorite bits of Axl singing, even as low quality YouTube videos.

The ease with which Axl takes these Rolling Stones songs to another level is … what would be the right expression... a sign of some really special talent at least.

This low style of singing got me thinking about what would be an ideal new GNR song at the moment.

My thoughts in short: mainly low singing and some high bits for some spice, dance+party beat like in the Whole Lotta Rosie, Rocket Queen and Nightrain,

and to shock at least some people - soft lyrics about love and happiness.

Very cool this video. Since 2001 the RIR I have not seen or heard any more about Robin Finck.

Where have you been in 2006/2007?

Well, I knew that Guns was in Europe and Axl was talking about the new CD, but I was not following closely

and did not know who was in the band.

"Where have you been in 2006/2007?"

Following other things.

418989_363764220330338_156211814418914_1085008_2095935491_n.jpg

427637_338182542894794_100001091524788_932984_387638543_n.jpg

Edited by Hatchepsut

was civil war played at this show? setlist.fm says it was, but HTGTH says it wasn't. any help would be appreciated.

In all places where researched report that was played "Civil War", less HTGTH.

But for me, if was not played, no matter, ´cause we had amazing news!

Edited by Hatchepsut