House Of Blues, West Hollywood, Califórnia, USA

Hatchepsut

I think it's worrying you actually think "everyone" agrees with you. Sweetness for post of the decade. Spoken like a boss.

If someone actually still believes Dj "always plugs his stuff in interviews" then they are either idiots or insane, and I couldn't care less whether they agree with me or not. I can afford not to have their support ;).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whether Dj "is a living breathing advertisement

Uh oh, he's about to ask for evidence that DJ is an advertisement. Perhaps will require specimens of wood that make up the billboard or paper that is the brochure.

I think it's worrying you actually think "everyone" agrees with you. Sweetness for post of the decade. Spoken like a boss.

If someone actually still believes Dj "always plugs his stuff in interviews" then they are either idiots or insane, and I couldn't care less whether they agree with me or not. I can afford not to have their support ;).

This is even subjective.....Every interview I have seen he has plugged. To me he always plugs!

Last time someone hung on one word, twisted it to make it suit them (clinging to the literal meaning) and then thought they were right was back when I was like 10 or something.

Seriously? I knew you weren't being literal when you said that Dj "literally every minute or so in interviews plugs [...]", but by proving that he is not even plugging his own stuff in every interview I have demonstrated that you went far beyond the point of standard exaggerating for rhetorical effect. What you did was grossly misrepresenting. And for what? There are lots to criticise Dj about, you don't need make up new things. It just makes you look like a fool.

You knew I wasn't being literal, yet you based your whole argument on the fact that I said "always"?

Of course I knew "literally every minute or so" was an exaggeration, my point is that even when you account for small exaggerations which are common in discussions and especially smear campaigns, you are still wrong. Because when you scaled down from "literally every minute or so" to "every interview" and then to "9 out of 10 interviews" (haha) you were STILL wrong :) Fact is, you were lying and fact is, only morons need to make up lies to have something to criticise Dj about.

Every interview I have seen he has plugged. To me he always plugs!

Wow. There is a huge difference between "he always plugs" and "to me he always plugs".

I was about to write a lot about statistics, empirical evidence, and so on, but it would apparently be a waste of time.

I just hope dj doesn't try bringing to the band generic riffs/power chord driven 3:30mins radio friendly songs, that's what I'm afraid of most as far as his contributions are concerned.

I don't think Axl will allow the next record to be full of boring, generic songs. If there's anything I have learned from UYI/CD is that Axl pushes the envelope. So let's say that Dj comes with sort of bland, generic songs, then Axl attaches a cool outro to the song (ala Coma, Catcher, Patience, etc), Richard and Ron adds some great lead guitar to elevate the melody, Frank/Brain and Tommy add some surging back beat, and Axl adds a great vocal melody, tweaks some hooks and elevates the chorus by his own distinct and powerful vocals. And voila: a great GN'R song in the best of GN'R tradition.

Yes that sounds like a plausible scenario, and one that would definitely be the best outcome, however the other players SHOULDN'T have to carry Ashba. I'm not saying Ashba wont be able to contribute something, im sure he can, however It should be something that inspires all the other players to build upon, you cant make a great song out of a really shit/sub par idea to begin with imo.

I really do hope Ashba brings something to the table, however i'm skeptical.

That's what I was talking about when I said "low expectations". If its all about getting bland and generic songs and transforming it into a masterpiece, isn't way easier to just get a nice and original song from the other members - let's say, Ron and Richard (but I'm sure Dizzy, Pitman and Tommy already proved that they can write)?

Valid points actually. As much as I love the song, Better uses a very simple rock rhythm guitar section consisting of modified barre chords in an alternate tuning. Granted these barre chords are not used often in rock, but the actual timing and structure is very simple. The way the whole song comes together makes it a brilliant track.

Well, I think the fact that they are modified barre chords (even though the second chord uses open strings) and the tempo (we're used to it now, but when we first heard the song was something really unusual IMO) made the song to me. I wouldn't say its simple in a mainstream rock scenario full of punk/emo straight foward rock songs.

But everything in the song is brilliant to me: the opening riff, Buckethead licks (his first one is my favorite Bucket lead), the bridge and how it comes back to the original chord progression, Robin's solo and, on top of everything, Axl's outstanding vocals and melodies.

Why? I -- and everyone else by now -- already know you were wrong.

Everyone else? Nope, I'm pretty sure the general consensus in this thread is that DJ Ashba is a living breathing advertisement for his own brand name of cheap products. You can't say everyone unless everyone really agrees with you, that is an exaggeration!

see what i did there :monkey:

Err. We are not discussing whether Dj "is a living breathing advertisement for his own brand name of cheap products". That's not what we are discussing at all. We are discussing whether Dj "always" plugs his swag in interviews, as claimed by others. I have clearly demonstrated the latter to not be true, and if this has gone you by, then it can only mean you haven't been paying enough attention.

Regardless of how I chose to word it, those two things are pretty synonymous with each other wouldn't you say so? I'll let it slide if you aren't from an English speaking country, but really man, nobody should have to apologize for using the word "always" to describe something that literally happens more often than not. We are human beings, not robots. It's not like we dont get what you're trying to say, we just don't agree with it being relevant because DJ Ashba plugs his shitty products more than enough for somebody to make a comment about it.

these last two pages got very stupid, wow

Edited by sweetness

Serious question. When you said EVERYONE agrees with you, was that not exaggeration? lolll Pot kettle black?

Anyway, whatever man. Honestly it doesn't even matter what you are saying. You've been completely owned. Anyone else would have run away with complete shame how badly they stepped on their dick yet you're still here debating like "everyone agrees with you" (that one was for you).

Here are some facts for you:

The clear majority of objective people in this thread agree with what I have said.

Some of these people have provided evidence of this. It is irrefutable.

Out of desperation you've played on words which has backfired and shown you to be a hypocrite. E.g: saying everyone agrees with you. I personally haven't seen 1 person agree with you.

The fact that your still arguing clearly shows you are narcissistic in that, you can never be wrong.

The final fact is that even with childish play on word tactics, you've been made to look like an idiot.

You will no doubt reply and debate further these clear facts as it is something you cannot help, because as stated, you can never be wrong.

The fact you actually think that I was lying and not in anyway correct about DJ is worrying. Although, you are the only one who sees this. This may be a warning sign for you? i doubt it though.

Anyway, nice try. Unfortunate you had to get completely embarrassed. I usually like a logical debate.

Regardless of how I chose to word it, those two things are pretty synonymous with each other wouldn't you say so? I'll let it slide if you aren't from an English speaking country, but really man, nobody should have to apologize for using the word "always" to describe something that literally happens more often than not. We are human beings, not robots. It's not like we dont get what you're trying to say, we just don't agree with it being relevant because DJ Ashba plugs his shitty products more than enough for somebody to make a comment about it.

Exactly sweetness. I'm sure he gets it. He's just being argumentative, he obviously enjoys it. Not really good at it though, as shown.

I still cant believe he discounted everything that was said because the word "always" was used to describe what happens more often than not, like you said.

Just petty.

Edited by TRandall

Last time someone hung on one word, twisted it to make it suit them (clinging to the literal meaning) and then thought they were right was back when I was like 10 or something.

Seriously? I knew you weren't being literal when you said that Dj "literally every minute or so in interviews plugs [...]", but by proving that he is not even plugging his own stuff in every interview I have demonstrated that you went far beyond the point of standard exaggerating for rhetorical effect. What you did was grossly misrepresenting. And for what? There are lots to criticise Dj about, you don't need make up new things. It just makes you look like a fool.

You knew I wasn't being literal, yet you based your whole argument on the fact that I said "always"?

Of course I knew "literally every minute or so" was an exaggeration, my point is that even when you account for small exaggerations which are common in discussions and especially smear campaigns, you are still wrong. Because when you scaled down from "literally every minute or so" to "every interview" and then to "9 out of 10 interviews" (haha) you were STILL wrong :) Fact is, you were lying and fact is, only morons need to make up lies to have something to criticise Dj about.

Every interview I have seen he has plugged. To me he always plugs!

Wow. There is a huge difference between "he always plugs" and "to me he always plugs".

I was about to write a lot about statistics, empirical evidence, and so on, but it would apparently be a waste of time.

Actually I said:

"So let's just say DJ plugs 9 out of 10 times in interviews".

This implies I'm saying it for example and for arguments sake in order to make a point.

Soul Monster I am seriously in doubt that you can read and have comprehension skills.

Go improve this for your own sake.

This is getting embarrassing now.

Edited by TRandall

Wow, drawing the comparison between Slash and DJ Ashba?

Slash does gigs with a wide variety of pop artists, sometimes in massive venues like the Super Bowl, and he has a few endorsements/sponsorships. He has a Gibson LP signature guitar on the market, along with a few t shirts, chains, buttons, and limited quantity of autographed plaques available on his online store. You would never hear Slash talk about any of those things though, he probably has no idea they're even on sale. Slash also co wrote songs and played lead guitar in one of the most well known rock bands ever, I think we can make the argument he cemented his name in rock n roll history.

DJ Ashba sells miniature replica guitars, hoodies, beanies, ringtones, head gear, iphone skins, womens swim wear, "stage clothes inspired by ashba", children's clothes, "swag for the demented", gift cards, "demented collection" signature guitars that look like demented shit. He plugs these things every chance he gets in every interview. DJ Ashba played lead guitar in a bar band, and co wrote a mediocre album with a washed up Motley Crue, he also co wrote some other albums with a washed up Nikki Sixx side project. Now he's a hired gun in whats left of one of the most well known rock bands ever.

the thread title is very appropriate, I can't understand you people

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mfqqawS6kc

RADIO DISNEY

Purple glitter magic turning him into a cartoon.

Slash does gigs with a wide variety of pop artists, sometimes in massive venues like the Super Bowl, and he has a few endorsements/sponsorships. He has a Gibson LP signature guitar on the market, along with a few t shirts, chains, buttons, and limited quantity of autographed plaques available on his online store. You would never hear Slash talk about any of those things though, he probably has no idea they're even on sale. Slash also co wrote songs and played lead guitar in one of the most well known rock bands ever, I think we can make the argument he cemented his name in rock n roll history.

DJ Ashba sells miniature replica guitars, hoodies, beanies, ringtones, head gear, iphone skins, womens swim wear, "stage clothes inspired by ashba", children's clothes, "swag for the demented", gift cards, "demented collection" signature guitars that look like demented shit. He plugs these things every chance he gets in every interview. DJ Ashba played lead guitar in a bar band, and co wrote a mediocre album with a washed up Motley Crue, he also co wrote some other albums with a washed up Nikki Sixx side project. Now he's a hired gun in whats left of one of the most well known rock bands ever.

RADIO DISNEY

yeah its a kids show, a show both of his kids watch and adore, whats your point

RADIO DISNEY

Now please link the videos where Slash has randomly plugged this cartoon constantly. You won't find it. Unlike DJ who plugs excessively.

Edited by TRandall

RADIO DISNEY

Now please link the videos where Slash has randomly plugged this cartoon constantly. You won't find it. Unlike DJ who plugs excessively.

He's pluging just by being there. Like I said, he's a super hero, he sell his image, just imagine how many kids saw that and said "wow this guy is totally badass, I wanna be just like him".

In fact, when GH3 was released, you have no idea of how many younger kids from my school came to me asking "hey, you're a "metalhead" right? do you know where can I find some songs from Guns N' Roses? I played guitar hero and there was this guy, Slash, and he was fuckin awesome. I heard he did a solo carrer too, where do I get his CD's?"

And please don't tell me he's opening the eyes of the new generation to good music, they were kids that played a game with ONE Gn'R song and lots of other artists and he was more interested in Slash than, let's say Black Sabbath, Living Colour, Pearl Jam and other great bands.

Also there's a friend of mine on university that is a self declared Slash fan, but when I asked about Beggars and Hangers on, he didn't know what the fuck was that. He simply knew he (Slash) was totally badass for playing standin on a piano.

i didnt like the 02 lineup that much, but the current one makes me miss the uyl/afd era less. ever since i read bucket is scared of girls i felt that didnt fit into the gnr way, robin was ok, glad tobias left. brain was cool,but like frank better,this current lineup looks cooler and sounds great,even axl..

RADIO DISNEY

He's pluging just by being there. Like I said, he's a super hero, he sell his image, just imagine how many kids saw that and said "wow this guy is totally badass, I wanna be just like him".

In fact, when GH3 was released, you have no idea of how many younger kids from my school came to me asking "hey, you're a "metalhead" right? do you know where can I find some songs from Guns N' Roses? I played guitar hero and there was this guy, Slash, and he was fuckin awesome. I heard he did a solo carrer too, where do I get his CD's?"

And please don't tell me he's opening the eyes of the new generation to good music, they were kids that played a game with ONE Gn'R song and lots of other artists and he was more interested in Slash than, let's say Black Sabbath, Living Colour, Pearl Jam and other great bands.

Also there's a friend of mine on university that is a self declared Slash fan, but when I asked about Beggars and Hangers on, he didn't know what the fuck was that. He simply knew he (Slash) was totally badass for playing standin on a piano.

He is an icon. He is big enough to do something like this or something like guitar hero. He doesn't walk around all day talking about it in interviews. He doesn't need to. That's the difference between him and DJ. It's called class.

Regarding this Fergie stuff. The guy is in demand all over the world. I won't flame him out for jamming with Fergie. If he found jamming with Fergie fun, then that's all there is to it. He has played with many musicians, I'm sure a small part of playing with her is just him cementing that he can play with anyone, anytime. He is a true pro, who has played with so many legends. Good on him for being able to collaborate with a 'popular artist' on arguably the biggest stage in the world (superbowl). Hopefully seeing him inspired many people to check out real music and/or pick up a guitar. I'm sure it did both.

If playing with Fergie is the worst thing Slash has done, I'll take that over being an annoying walking infomercial with no substance.

Edited by TRandall

:unsure:

Are people actually trying to argue that the majority of people who gave even a remote shit about this band DOESN'T wanna see the old band back together over what's considered GNR now?

Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

You're kidding yourselves. Straight up fact.

Edited by BS11290

If playing with Fergie is the worst thing Slash has done, I'll take that over being an annoying walking infomercial with no substance.

He also begged Joseph Bruce to join Insane Clown Posse...

INSANE...

CLOWN...

POSSE...

Really? Begged? Link please.