Axl Rose TMZ video hollywood. Responds to reunion tour thoughts

gunsguy

This proves again that he doesn't give a shit about the fans.

Well that's just like... your opinion, man.

He doesn't give a shit about pleasing people whining for a reunion. Sorry that's just the reality. But when you go to a show, he definitely DOES give a shit about the fans. He has put together some excellent musicians in this incarnation of Guns n Roses. If he didn't give a shit about the fans, he wouldn't play any UYI or AFD era stuff.

Edited by Popcorn's Timbre

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't give a shit about pleasing people whining for a reunion. Sorry that's just the reality. But when you go to a show, he definitely DOES give a shit about the fans. He has put together some excellent musicians in this incarnation of Guns n Roses. If he didn't give a shit about the fans, he wouldn't play any UYI or AFD era stuff.

+1

Guest gunns5

Someone forward this video to steven so we can watch the man do another incoherent ramble :lol:

hahaha love it :rofl-lol:

522921_3016069441303_1249596945_32240583_949136256_n.jpg

yes!!!! :lol:

Axl Rose has spoken and he says NO.For me is sad,because i know that this current lineup will not reach (not even close) to old GNR,not in albums,not in shows ( in 2010 was amazing) but it was now or never.NEVER.

I know Axl Rose has his thoughts but not reunite old band......and i think is one of the BIGGEST mistake of the history of music.

I much prefer the old band but I don't want a full reunion tour. That boat sailed a LONG time ago and it ain't coming back. That being said, I'd love to just see them jam at the HOF just once and at least patch things up. Axl's got his own band that sounds tight with cool, fantastic people with amazing chops. Slash's got his own thing that rocks out good ol fashioned rock n roll, Steven's got uh.. drugs, and a new band. Izzy's got his own thing and so does Duff. I don't think they want a full reunion particularly at least at this point anyway.

Axl Rose has spoken and he says NO.For me is sad,because i know that this current lineup will not reach (not even close) to old GNR,not in albums,not in shows ( in 2010 was amazing) but it was now or never.NEVER.

I know Axl Rose has his thoughts but not reunite old band......and i think is one of the BIGGEST mistake of the history of music.

Reuniting with a group of folks he has completely different musical aims and directions from and touring the world with two folks he can't stand and throwing away the vision he's been through a whirlwind of shit to bring to life (honouring the GNR name with completely new line ups whilst capturing the intensity and essence of what came before, of which Axl was a massive instigator) all for some sudden make up for the cameras to make a quick buck with guys far away from his creative ideas and what he wants to sing with Guns these days? I don't think Axl Rose is interested at all. That would be an insult to everyone, if people truly thought about why the band dissolved they'd see why a reunion would be so pointless.

I think more realistically if he didnt play any UYI or AFD era stuff he wouldn't have any people at the show

Edited by rydog

I think more realistically if he didnt play any UYI or AFD era stuff he wouldn't have any people at the show

So? If he booked gigs but refused to play UYI or AFD stuff, that would be not giving a shit about the fans.

Also, don't forget Chinese Democracy moved 3 million to 5 million units. So actually there would be people at the shows. Especially in non-US countries.

Every music professional is obligated to play the hits. Hendrix hated doing "Hey Joe" years after it was released, but lo and behold as the encore at woodstock, he broke it out, because he knew many of the fans had come to hear it.

Also, don't forget Chinese Democracy moved 3 million to 5 million units.

Did anyone ever get a sold fact on this or is this just the estimation of a fan which everyone clings to?

Oh wow. :eyeroll:

The 3 million is confirmed. Even the haters on this very forum acknowledge the 3 million figure. The 5 million is debatable. If I had said "5 million+", then you could go running your mouth. I know it's a hard concept for some people to grasp that most non-American countries (except the UK) aren't obsessed with the old lineups.

Edited by Popcorn's Timbre

the biggest "problem" I'd say there'd be with CD as opposed to the other GNR works is that CD is noticeably heavier in that before hand for every ballads and such they were either done in the way that's just easy to boogie to or there are the just good ol rock n roll to'em whereas in CD it's almost like an axl rose journal and they're pretty much all heavy ballads like coma or estranged. great songs, but not something to listen to at a party let's say.

So? If he booked gigs but refused to play UYI or AFD stuff, that would be not giving a shit about the fans.

Also, don't forget Chinese Democracy moved 3 million to 5 million units. So actually there would be people at the shows. Especially in non-US countries.

Every music professional is obligated to play the hits. Hendrix hated doing "Hey Joe" years after it was released, but lo and behold as the encore at woodstock, he broke it out, because he knew many of the fans had come to hear it.

No matter what it sold, a large portion of that was likely people who did so because it was a freak show and so long in the coming with 14 years of hype behind it. Every time I go into a record store these days I see it in the bargain bins.

The next CD won't sell half as well. The current band exists based on the old band's success - that's why the use of the name, the 80% historical setlist etc

Also, don't forget Chinese Democracy moved 3 million to 5 million units.

Did anyone ever get a sold fact on this or is this just the estimation of a fan which everyone clings to?

Oh wow. :eyeroll:

The 3 million is confirmed. Even the haters on this very forum acknowledge the 3 million figure. The 5 million is debatable. If I had said "5 million+", then you could go running your mouth. I know it's a hard concept for some people to grasp that most non-American countries (except the UK) aren't obsessed with the old lineups.

Chinese Democracy has sold just over 600000 copies in the US? This is comparible to the Van Halen album with Gary Cherone

No matter what it sold, a large portion of that was likely people who did so because it was a freak show and so long in the coming with 14 years of hype behind it. Every time I go into a record store these days I see it in the bargain bins.

The next CD won't sell half as well. The current band exists based on the old band's success - that's why the use of the name, the 80% historical setlist etc

I'll take that bet. Seriously. If we get another album, I'll officially wager it sells 3 million or more.

Again, most of the non-American countries accept GnR and either don't care or don't mind that Slash/Duff/Izzy/whoever isn't in the band anymore.

Chinese Democracy has sold just over 600000 copies in the US? This is comparible to the Van Halen album with Gary Cherone

Yeah and the U.S. is the most critical of Axl. Whoops. Even without pasting official sales figure links, what does that tell you about how it sold elsewhere? You do know about how South America goes apeshit for GnR, right?