Do you think Axl would get so much shit from the press and fans if he had 3 or 4 new albums out by now?

ITW 2012

It isnt just the press. It is nuts how many people have posts with many reply's about Axl on facebook right now.. The guy is a complete clown.

And the answer to your question. If he kept releasing shitty albums like CD under the GnR name, then yes the press and everyone else would continue to rip him.

I think he wouldn't get so much shit if he did what he's telling everyone else to do in his letter... move on. By that I mean he should drop the Guns N' Roses name and just tour as Axl Rose.

Axl is getting so much shit because he's been a douchebag since the beginning. Even in the original group he was always such a drama queen. He wouldn't go on stage or would walk off stage or wouldn't show up if everything wasn't perfect. He got away with it back then because the original Guns N' Roses was amazing. But now he goes on tour and puts out an album and calls it Guns N' Roses and it's not and he's still doing the same shit. Yeah, this past tour was as much as a success as he's going to get because he didn't cancel any shows. But he still didn't go on stage until 11 PM or midnight most of the time. He needs to grow up already.

It isnt just the press. It is nuts how many people have posts with many reply's about Axl on facebook right now.. The guy is a complete clown.

And the answer to your question. If he kept releasing shitty albums like CD under the GnR name, then yes the press and everyone else would continue to rip him.

I actually think CD is a pretty great album, and I'd be happy with 4 albums of that quality by now. Axl's lack of output is what's doing him in at the moment, imo.

I actually think CD is a pretty great album, and I'd be happy with 4 albums of that quality by now. Axl's lack of output is what's doing him in at the moment, imo.

Chinese Democracy is a good album. It's just not a Guns N' Roses album.

No, he wouldn't. Because at least then there would be a tangible reason why he broke up the original band, and has continued on with the same name in a legitimate attempt to "move forward".

I agree. Axl should really write a letter where he addresses the lack of released material from New GNR.

If he had 3 or 4 decent albums out, there would actually be a chance that the current line-up was inducted as well.

As it stands, they've done next to nothing (considering Ashba, Bumblefoot and Frank had little/no input on Chinese) off their own backs.

BTW - I just realised that Bumblefoot has now been in GNR for 6 years..............

LA

Edited by LA_0013

If he had 3 or 4 decent albums out, there would actually be a chance that the current line-up was inducted as well.

As it stands, they've done next to nothing (considering Ashba, Bumblefoot and Frank had little/no input on Chinese) off their own backs.

BTW - I just realised that Bumblefoot has now been in GNR for 6 years..............

LA

Nailed it. The source of Axls problems is his own fuckassery. Had he managed to release albums on a regular basis as members came and went (provided they were at least reasonably well received) he wouldn't get near as much shit as he does - not even close.

Instead he became a recluse, wound up as rocks most infamous joke, released one album in 20 or so years and now he's skipping out on the RRHOF because of the mess he's created around him. Of course it's not his fault though... rolleyes.gif

A8R

Edited by Allen8R

Funny, the name next to Chinese Democracy on my CD and record says Guns N' Roses...

Do you think Axl would get so much shit from the press and fans if he had 3 or 4 new albums out by now? Personally, I think that's the real source of all his problems.

I dunno. maybe.

He always gets the "whydontyoureunite" argument.

But if he releases his "visions"...

Things maybe changed a little bit.

You seem to be claiming that people don't think old-GnR put out shitty albums.

Here's a history lesson:

Pre-1992: old-GnR coolest band

Post-1992: old-GnR uncoolest rock band

You can't blame Chinese Democracy for that can you?!

What happened? The alternative rock era happened.

With better rock music to choose from, people starting ditching old-GnR. And when you are no longer cool, people are no longer afraid to rip you apart.

People who hate GnR today, hated them all the way back to AFD.

That is the mountain that GnR had to overcome to be "cool" again.

I think mostly people just want the AFD line up. Axl could release 8 albums of genius and they's still want a reunion. There are some who are frustrated by the lack of new material, I'm not sure if they are serious reunionists so to speak. In short, I don't know lol Charlie Waffles rides again. But I've love new material, I feel like it's going to happen. So sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

We all read shit like this everyday and I want to ask a simple question -

Why?

Why is it not a GNR album? It says GNR on the front so it fucking is and you need to deal with that. I bet your wrapped logic brings you to this conclusion because it features Axl Rose as the only "original" member of the band. So Both UYI aren't GNR albums either as they don't feature Adler FACT

Yeah it's official Guns N' Roses only ever released 2 albums - AFD and Lies. Get a grip FFS.

I think mostly people just want the AFD line up. Axl could release 8 albums of genius and they's still want a reunion. There are some who are frustrated by the lack of new material,

This. He frustrates me by wasting time and potential when he could shut detractors up by further developing this era of Guns.

What shit does Axl really get from the press?

Most of the concerts on this latest tour have gotten very good reviews.

He wasn't even ripped THAT badly just recently when it came out he's dating a girl half his age.

They make fun of the fact he's had botox, but everyone who gets botox gets made fun of.

If we're still talking about Chinese Democracy getting mixed/bad reviews, that album came 3 1/2 years ago. Let it go.

He ends up on TMZ every once in a while, but not nearly as often as other celebrities.

After snubbing the Hall of Fame, 3 days before the ceremony, the most vocal press-related person to talk about it is Eddie Trunk.. and he fully supports the decision.

The only shit he really gets is from the fans. And, any that he does get, is a direct result of something he's done, himself.

Pretty much.