[ALMOST OFFICIAL] Slash, Matt, Steven, Duff, Gilby WILL perform at the Hall of Fame. Myles MIGHT sing!

Nosaj Thing

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand why Myles appreciation is sort of love/hate. I like him a lot on some songs and don't care much in others.

But if people say he can't sing the shit out of this (and yes, better than Axl currently does), then I don't know what to tell you ...

This performance gives me chills (with the fans singing along). Wow.

He's good on SCOM, but he is dreadfully bad on other songs. Brownstone comes to mind. That's my favorite GN'R song and his performance of it at the Stoke concert was just atrocious.

I hate his voice, please god dont ruin it tonight with that

+1 :thumbsup:

No, we'd be complaining about that certain someone's singing as well. He doesn't have it like he used to.

2010 he more than had it.

His 2006 and 2010 vocals were good. But something happened in 2011. Just lost it and I'm not sure if he'll ever get it back.

The songs don't belong to Axl, but the rights to license them from the label for broadcast on HBO would probably be through the roof.

Sorry, I really know nothing about song rights and stuff. So does that mean there's any shot they will get played? Or maybe played at the ceremony and just not aired? Or are they not allowed to play the songs live at all without Axl's permission?

Yes. The question is- what songs? Does anyone know how long bands might play for on these occasions?

I'm gonna guess they'll play Welcome to the Jungle (Steven), Sweet Child (Steven), Don't Cry (Matt), You Could Be Mine (Matt), Paradise City (Steven)

fact is, axl has one of the most unique voices and is not easily replaceable. the most capable person is myles

No, Myles is not the most capable replacement for Axl's voice. Ever seen UK Guns N' Roses? Check them out on YouTube. That guy sounds more like prime Axl than the real Axl currently does.

bringing a fake, make believe axl is the most disrespectful thing you could do. i would rather them not perform at that point.

Yes. The question is- what songs? Does anyone know how long bands might play for on these occasions?

I'm gonna guess they'll play Welcome to the Jungle (Steven), Sweet Child (Steven), Don't Cry (Matt), You Could Be Mine (Matt), Paradise City (Steven)

I believe for the song portions, bands usually have 10-15 or 20 minutes. From what I remember about past ceremonies, bands usually play 3, sometimes 2 or 4 songs. I think anything more than that is unrealistic.

The songs don't belong to Axl, but the rights to license them from the label for broadcast on HBO would probably be through the roof.

Sorry, I really know nothing about song rights and stuff. So does that mean there's any shot they will get played? Or maybe played at the ceremony and just not aired? Or are they not allowed to play the songs live at all without Axl's permission?

From what I know:

Axl controls the rights to the name "Guns N' Roses" for performing. So if tonight's band of ex-members is presented as "Guns N' Roses" and he disagrees with that or didn't give permission for them to do it, he can sue. Someone on the red carpet mentioned that if GNR performed tonight, they could show the first 30 seconds. That's consistent with the band's current policy of letting media film the first song or two, then cutting them off. Maybe Axl's allowing them to perform as GNR for one night only.

*Or* maybe the red carpet guy was alluding to the fact that under fair use, you can only utilize 30 seconds of something without having to pay royalties.

You can perform any song you want live. But TV/home video/internet/radio broadcast rights are a different kind of monster.

fact is, axl has one of the most unique voices and is not easily replaceable. the most capable person is myles

No, Myles is not the most capable replacement for Axl's voice. Ever seen UK Guns N' Roses? Check them out on YouTube. That guy sounds more like prime Axl than the real Axl currently does.

bringing a fake, make believe axl is the most disrespectful thing you could do. i would rather them not perform at that point.

I think that's why Slash didn't perform at that 20th anniversary of Appetite for Destruction concert in LA - Adler trotted out a cover-band singer dressed like Axl.

I'd rather see Myles sing the tracks in his own voice instead of attempting to imitate Axl. That's disrespectful because he simply can't pull it off. I love his voice on most of Starlight for instance. Why not sing with that voice on the GN'R tracks instead of this nasally attempt at imitating Axl? That Brownstone performance from the Stoke concert is the WORST "tribute" to the song I've ever seen. Slash knocks it out of the park for his guitar parts, and then Myles ruins it with the vocals. Just sing in your regular voice man.

Myles doesn't sound anything like Axl. Wow now all of a sudden the Axl dick suckers are flowing out of the woodwork. This forum is sort of a Bees nest anyway, I mean what TRUE GNR fan would sit all day on this forum and jack off over the new line up that has done absolutely nothing except one cd with one decent song from a guy who would have actually made more money going solo, if the LEGAL fees of GNR are too much.

Correct, and the very problem is he doesn't embrace the fact that he sounds different than Axl. He actually attempts to imitate him, which ends up with shitty vocals when they would be so much better if Myles just sang with his regular voice. Don't tell me he's not altering his voice in the below clip, because it's obvious he's attempting to imitate Axl's voice:

He sounds so good on Starlight. THAT is his more natural voice.

No, we'd be complaining about that certain someone's singing as well. He doesn't have it like he used to.

His 2006 and 2010 vocals were good. But something happened in 2011. Just lost it and I'm not sure if he'll ever get it back.

Could you imagine in early 2000s that he would ever get it back? :) Everything's possible.

They most likely will not present the performance as "Guns N' Roses" so I can't see why not. Slash has GNR songs on his DVD and live CD, so I can't see how it would be an issue

Eddie Trunk is saying TV rules are different. He could be wrong, but just going by what I'm reading.

Could you imagine in early 2000s that he would ever get it back? :) Everything's possible.

Going to be difficult though at his age.