Axl Apologizes to Cleveland but Stands Firm!

AxlCorp

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's an argument for their inclusion, at least Tommy Stinson. One could very easily point out the legitimacy of including Tommy Stinson when saying, "Hey, if you're including Josh Klinghoffer, why not include Tommy Stinson?"

Ali

No it's much more logical to say that Tommy Stinson has contributed nothing to the major success of Guns n' Roses and he was rightly not inducted as a result therefore Josh Klinghoffer shouldn't be inducted either.

But, Josh Klinghoffer WAS inducted. So, if you're in the GN'R camp and you see that information as it's made public, you have every right to ask the question, "Why not include Tommy then"?

Ali

The reason Tommy wasnt inducted was/ is because GnR hasnt released anything besides Chin Dem since the Spag Incident. IF we were now on GnR's 3rd album and they were constantly touring the world like say Metallica it would be different. Tommy shouldnt get in just because GnR has been is most steady paying gig. I could see an argument for the replacements though

That's a complete arbitrary reason, though. You're coming up with a reason/theory/explanation to just reinforce the justification of excluding anyone from the new band. The "constant activity" argument isn't the one the HOF has observed consistently either.

Ali

Agreed, they can justify anything by using illogical logic,but none of it is relevant or significant,nor will it change the current situation.

However it has showcased the inconsistencies and rudimentary crapshoot that the HOF is built on. It's not a complimentary one either.

Edited by sailaway

If Axl is such a horrible singer, why do people keep wishing for a reunion? I mean, why climb down from the splendor that is Myles Kennedy to the supposed mediocrity that is Axl Rose? Why is a reunion the greatest dream for so many then?

Cuz they all love Axl, or say they say. :rolleyes:

If Axl is such a horrible singer, why do people keep wishing for a reunion? I mean, why climb down from the splendor that is Myles Kennedy to the supposed mediocrity that is Axl Rose? Why is a reunion the greatest dream for so many then?

Cuz they all love Axl, or say they say. :rolleyes:

Sure they do,I believe everything I read online :rolleyes:

Man, Axl sure is delusional if he thinks the support out weighed the negativity!

That's what I thought. Axl was mentioned very little. Any mention of Axl was met by boo's from the audience.

I didn't detect any support, bar Green Day lead singer calling fir hush to the boo'ing. Even they joked ' y o u ' r e f u c k i n g c r a z y ' jokingly.

Edited by vaida

what a pice of crap that letter is!

You should apologize to your band mates first, Axl

They rock much more then every single one of us, fans

you absolutely have no class man

and you just afraid poeple will diss your new band, so that's where this new info from you comes from

well, we're not stupid

ahhhm, excelent recepion of your decision not to be inducted & not to show up in Cleaveland???

really??? :rofl-lol:

Edited by Iras

He can stand firm all he wants. Its history. Those that attended had a ball, thats all that really counts.

My thoughts exactly! It was a better show and experience without him. I was upset with him at first but when I thought about it he would of only brought misery and disappointment to the induction. He actually did everyone a favor by staying away.

Edited by sleeper

Man, Axl sure is delusional if he thinks the support out weighed the negativity!

That's what I thought. Axl was mentioned very little. Any mention of Axl was met by boo's from the audience.

I didn't detect any support, bar Green Day lead singer calling fir hush to the boo'ing. Even they joked ' y o u ' r e f u c k i n g c r a z y ' jokingly.

The HOB outside the USA is not so important and the fact that some prefer to focus and highlight the negative responses doesn´t mean the man didn´t receive any support. There is a whole world outside the internet, you know.

Why continue with this shit? It´s not the end of the world and if people booed him and bashed him for his decission of not attending shows nothing more than their intolerance. What if it had been Slash who had decided not to show up and not to be inducted? Would you guys be flooding the internet like you do and making a drama?

The HOB outside the USA is not so important and the fact that some prefer to focus and highlight the negative responses doesn´t mean the man didn´t receive any support. There is a whole world outside the internet, you know.

Why continue with this shit? It´s not the end of the world and if people booed him and bashed him for his decission of not attending shows nothing more than their intolerance. What if it had been Slash who had decided not to show up and not to be inducted? Would you guys be flooding the internet like you do and making a drama?

If they were to look at things realistically,and shake off the mob mentality there were two other members who elected not to attend.

If they were to look at things realistically,and shake off the mob mentality there were two other members who elected not to attend.

According to their mob mentality Izzy waited until last minute to know whether Axl was going and since Axl didn´t attend, he didn´t attend either. And as for Dizzy, he didn´t show up because Axl "didn´t allow" him to...so go figure :rolleyes:

He can stand firm all he wants. Its history. Those that attended had a ball, thats all that really counts.

My thoughts exactly! It was a better show and experience without him. I was upset with him at first but when I thought about it he would of only brought misery and disappointment to the induction. He actually did everyone a favor by staying away.

If he had of gone, he would have been late. If he had of showed on time, he would have wanted all the attention, and would have truly believed the whole event was about him. Its histroy now, so it don't matter. The HOF event went well. Adler was on form, I was happy for him, proper happy.

If anybody believes Dizzy decision not to attend was his own they're naive to the extreme. If you consider that he actually confirmed his attendance then suddenly changed his mind when Axl decided otherwise. :rolleyes:

It's great you think you have all the answers,makes you seem naive.

I suppose Izzy didn't choose to participate for the same reason? :lol:

Funny story just happened in my driveway. (She knows I am a fan) I just got out of my car and the lady next door is there she says "Justin! That Axl Rose guy is all over the news about the Hall Of Fame thing" I replied yes, she response "Good for him, I like a guy like that!" I was like huh? She said she likes a man who can stand up for what he believes in or something to that effect. She is my neighbor and cannot name one GNR tune, yet with all the events this week she mentions Axl Rose, I thought is was funny myself.

SO with all the guys jamming and such Axl still is relevant to people, even non fans.

BTW she is in her 60's.

My funny story..

My Mom called me up last week, she knew I was a big fan and actually still remembers the band name and at least the names Axl and Slash (Slash because I named our cat that many years ago). I read that Guns N Roses are being inducted, but what is with this Axl? He doesn't want his name inducted? Thats not right. Did they break up? Well even so, his letter made him sound pompous. Are you planning on going to the Ceremony? Yeah, know I don't know what he was thinking..... She went on, and on about it, to the point it seems she was upset. Which is the most I ever heard her saying anything about a band or music I liked in my lifetime besides, TURN THAT RACKET DOWN.LOL... :) She will be 70 soon.

This is my Mom. A non-fan, well she isn't a fan of rock unless its 50's. So take it for what you will. I thought it was funny...

My funny story..

An old neighbour of mine bumped in to me at the gas station this morning.He knows I'm in to this GnR shit.

We chatted about the VH tour,and the upcoming Maiden tour..and then he commented on Guns:

"So Axl pussied out on the Hall of Fame huh?Well that figures,3 songs in a 20 minute period with his old bandmates would have trumped anything he tried to pull off in the last ten years...the press would have never let go of it.That's the bottom line,everyone knows it,and he knows it.Those letters are a bullshit smokescreen."

This is a guy who tried to give nuGnR a chance,but walked out of a live Guns show when "the guy with the fuckin chicken bucket on his head" (as he still refers to it) started doing the robot dance.

Not made up..true story. :shrugs:

This has all affected people differently,but the sad thing is...nobody's opinions are necessarily right,and nobody's opinions are necessarily wrong.

Regardless of which side of the fence you decide to hurl your dirtbombs from,gleen whatever truths you can live with.

It'll never amount to anything more than that. :book:

If anybody believes Dizzy decision not to attend was his own they're naive to the extreme. If you consider that he actually confirmed his attendance then suddenly changed his mind when Axl decided otherwise. :rolleyes:

Look I'm totally pro current GN'R, and I'm a Nu GN'R era fan... But come on, if you think that Axl deciding not to go, never had NO effect on Dizzy deciding not to attend, then you've got to be losing it. Izzy had different reasons, but again I'm sure Axl not turning up, was a big part of the reason, as Izzy may have only wanted to go if it was a full reunion.

Why would Dizzy decide to go along without Axl, there's no logic behind it at all... So the reason why Dizzy never went IS in fact because Axl never, simple as. :rolleyes:

Nah Izzy has always been his own man and Axl's not signing his paychecks.

Check out what Dizzy's wife posted regarding the HOF.

Why don't you guys stay at your forum and stop making new S/N's here?

Look I'm totally pro current GN'R, and I'm a Nu GN'R era fan... But come on, if you think that Axl deciding not to go, never had NO effect on Dizzy deciding not to attend, then you've got to be losing it. Izzy had different reasons, but again I'm sure Axl not turning up, was a big part of the reason, as Izzy may have only wanted to go if it was a full reunion.

Why would Dizzy decide to go along without Axl, there's no logic behind it at all... So the reason why Dizzy never went IS in fact because Axl never, simple as. :rolleyes:

If Dizzy went bacause Axl was going, then the rest of them would want to go. Can you imagine how ridiculous it would have looked having so many people on one stage all claiming to be Guns N'Roses :lol:

Edited by vaida

Omg over at gunsnfnroses they're short circuiting trying to comprehend Axl's letter. They're incredulous and trying to figure out why all their lame assed faux-meta trolling has resulted in Axl making comments about people supporting his decision. They're of course interpreting everything he said literally and ranting about him being in denial and sheltered, when in reality he doesn't give a shit about losers who make millions of alt accounts to cupcake him on the internet. They're too stupid to realize he was referring to people in the media and was being humorous on the sly. Too funny.

Keep failing guyz. Axl doesn't care about your obsession with a reunion.

Your available for hall of fame induction 25 years after debut record. So the OG 5 GNR were the band getting inducted. And THE BAND can negotiate what newer or additional members THEY want inducted, with the HOF. Thats what Axl was trying to do, with the HOF, it says so per his letter. He was in talks with the hall. I would imagine that he was trying to get certain NuGNR members inducted and also part of the performance . As we can see, that negotiation didnt go too well. Perhaps if Axl would have played ball with the Hall of Fame, we would have seen some newer members inducting and performing. I realize this is speculating but this makes sense to me. Bands like Metalica and RHCP who cooperated with the hall and have an overall good working rep in the industry, both got new members in , while Axl, refused his induction, and none of his new band inducted. :shrugs:

If Dizzy went bacause Axl was going, then the rest of them would want to go. Can you imagine how ridiculous it would have looked having so many people on one stage all claiming to be Guns N'Roses :lol:

Of course all of the new guys wouldn't of felt like they needed to be there. Dizzy was being inducted along with Axl from the current band, so only them 2 would have needed to attend and if Axl would have went, you can bet your ass Dizzy would of too.

Come on, do you honestly believe that if Axl decided to go afterall, Dizzy would have still not of went and supported Axl in this ceremony?. :tongue2:

Edited by One.In.A.Million

Of course all of the new guys wouldn't of felt like they needed to be there. Dizzy was being inducted along with Axl from the current band, so only them 2 would have needed to attend and if Axl would have went, you can bet your ass Dizzy would of too.

Come on, do you honestly believe that if Axl decided to go afterall, Dizzy would have still not of went and supported Axl in this ceremony?. :tongue2:

If Dizzy wanted to go, maybe Axl could have supported Dizzy financially, and Dizzy could have held Axl's hand in case he got worried about the other boys being there.

Check out what Dizzy's wife posted regarding the HOF.

Why don't you guys stay at your forum and stop making new S/N's here?

I read it and it's clearly a bullshit excuse! Last I checked it was $3000 a head not $21,000 and he's been in Guns n' Roses for nearly 20 years so the money had fuck all to do with it unless Axl's not a very generous employer. He also said earlier that he was planning to attend so why the change of heart?

"I know that all the original band is going to be there," he said. "I don't know exactly what's going to go down. It's one of those things I'm sure will all come together and be really cool. I'm just going to go in with a good attitude and a clear head and a grateful heart."

Situations change,People can change their minds,humanity is an imperfect species.

Apparently The HOF had a "communication breakdown" I'm glad Guns N' Roses didn't show up.

Since you are obviously here to try and stir shit up,I won't be responding to you anymore.

Happy Trails :xmassrudolph:

Not my call,nor yours ;)