Axl Apologizes to Cleveland but Stands Firm!

AxlCorp

Axl has got by on his talent, chiefly his vocals, songwriting and charisma as a frontman and still sells tickets on that basis. Slash is a great guitarist and is recognized as one of the best in the world. He sells tickets on that basis.

Well that's really not true any more is it? Axl sells tickets based on those aspects but under the Guns n' Roses name. Slash regardless of what people may think of him isn't trading on the GnR name any more and has made a success of himself on his own merit without relying on the legacy of a band that died nearly 20 years ago.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The overwhelming positive response? Yeah! I bet almost all South America, Mexico and a big part of Europe twitted him backing up his decision. I know I did! who needs America anyway?. I stayed away from the damn facebook. It's so yesterday to use facebook, yuck! :xmassrudolph: If not, then I bet he didn't expected support at all. And he still got a lot. There were a lot of disappointed people who didn't support his decision, I don't have anything against them... But who cares about the haters? I don't and I'm so glad he doesn't either cause according to them the real GnR is Velvet Revolver feat. Myles Kennedy. Good for them! I'm so happy they finally got something to move on to and hope they gtfo of here and yes even from the facebook page soon enough. :thumbsup:

The overwhelming positive response? Yeah! I bet almost all South America, Mexico and a big part of Europe twitted him backing up his decision. I know I did! who needs America anyway?. I stayed away from the damn facebook. It's so yesterday to use facebook, yuck! :xmassrudolph: If not, then I bet he didn't expected support at all. And he still got a lot. There were a lot of disappointed people who didn't support his decision, I don't have anything against them... But who cares about the haters? I don't and I'm so glad he doesn't either cause according to them the real GnR is Velvet Revolver feat. Myles Kennedy. Good for them! I'm so happy they finally got something to move on to and hope they gtfo of here and yes even from the facebook page soon enough. :thumbsup:

yeah i was ganna say i think Axl is a lil delusional to believe it was a overwhelming positive response

yeah i was ganna say i think Axl is a lil delusional to believe it was a overwhelming positive response

i guess Beta only shows him the good side of the responses so yeah, in his world, everybody considered him "rock n' roll"

Being a Clevelander, it was nice gesture of him to write the letter. ( I was laughing to myself when the boos came at the induction, watch the next time Axl touring the US he will pass Cleveland by.) The letter was odd though, which some have already stated.

I haven't really taking a tally on positive or negative support on his first letter. I have seen both in media and forum, FB etc..I did seem more negative, but like I said not counting which one is more. His first letter seemed more on the personal reasons ( with other ex-members) than the Rock Hall. There was talk about the Hall, although vague sounded more like he didn't like who was included in the induction. Its vague though. Now he states cause he understand what the hall is about, where the money goes, etc... ITS A HALL OF FAME. Is there many Ball players or Football players turn down a induction cause they don't understand or know where the money goes? Not that the Hall is perfect its still somewhat not new but still at its infancy going into adolescence in a sense. Then there was the homeless bit, totally left-field on what the topic was on. Its good to hear that he is human and wants to help, but seemed really reaching.

(Maybe that homeless person was lactose intolerant and has a problem with cheese. ;) lol

Some of you guys defy comprehension to me, what I mean is you created a dream (an illusion if you will) about something in your head.

Then it turns out that dream does not come to reality (as most never do) then you lash out at others. Even if Axl went there would not have been a performance. None of the happenings this week should have surprised anyone at all that frequents this board. Axl has made it known FOR YEARS it would never happen, it's not like he tricked you into thinking he would reunite and then backed out...

The HOF was NEVER put in place for the fans, it is about suits lining thier pockets with $$$, the HOF doesn't dictate to me anyway who I choose to listen to and follow.

I dont want to take away anything from the former members regarding this honour to them, some see it as an honour some see it otherwise.

read this article half way down page:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,1966,00.html

The HOF is NOT about the fans, sorry guys.

When a major record label releases an album, is it about the fans? When Live Nation schedules a show, do they do it for the fans? Of course not, it's about the money.

Look we are not as naive as you think, we understand there's a degree of sleaziness and a whole lot of greed motivating the HOF. We get it, really we do. Thing is, the same can be said for the entire music biz ... so why be strongly against one and not the other? If Axl doesn't want to deal with greedy corporate types, then he should change careers.

Some of you guys defy comprehension to me, what I mean is you created a dream (an illusion if you will) about something in your head.

Then it turns out that dream does not come to reality (as most never do) then you lash out at others. Even if Axl went there would not have been a performance. None of the happenings this week should have surprised anyone at all that frequents this board. Axl has made it known FOR YEARS it would never happen, it's not like he tricked you into thinking he would reunite and then backed out...

The HOF was NEVER put in place for the fans, it is about suits lining thier pockets with $$$, the HOF doesn't dictate to me anyway who I choose to listen to and follow.

I dont want to take away anything from the former members regarding this honour to them, some see it as an honour some see it otherwise.

The fact that Babe Ruth is in the Hall of Fame, is not designed to make you cheer for the Yankees, if you are currently a Red Sox or Blue Jays fan. That is not the point. It's about honouring the best.

Duff said it perfectly. Music is so subjective, it's a lot easier to determine who belongs in sports, because of the stats. But even there, there are vicious debates in every sport about guys that are not in the Hall that should be, and about guys that are in the Hall, but shouldn't. Or maybe they should? It's a fun topic to debate. Who gives a fuck about any of this other bullshit.

The Hall is not perfect by any means. But it was a great idea, and it's the best we've got. Rock 'n Roll means as much to many of us as sports does, and it's cool to honour the history.

There are people who "defy comprehension" on both sides of this dispute. I mean, have you read some of the pro-Axl posts lately? Like I said earlier, Axl could go on a killing spree and some people would argue about how "cool" and "punk rock" it was. The way some people insult Slash around here is disgusting.

My disappointment this week in the way Axl handled this situation has nothing to do with a "reunion".

I would agree with you if the Hall actually inducted people that truly deserved to be there. I hate Kiss's music but they deserve to be there way more than Madonna. There are too many examples just like that for me to take them seriously.

I believe that the only reason that Guns were inducted first year is that the execs were trying to make money off of a forced reunion;

I'm sorry. But the hall is nothing but a joke to me; so I don't care who shows up or who doesn't. I'm not offended by any artist that blows it off.

When a major record label releases an album, is it about the fans? When Live Nation schedules a show, do they do it for the fans? Of course not, it's about the money.

Look we are not as naive as you think, we understand there's a degree of sleaziness and a whole lot of greed motivating the HOF. We get it, really we do. Thing is, the same can be said for the entire music biz ... so why be strongly against one and not the other? If Axl doesn't want to deal with greedy corporate types, then he should change careers.

great post. gnr has been touring these last years for the fans? no, money. if HoF is a greedy corporation, what is GnR? they even charge to meet selected band members.

Or, he should just not deal with them. Which he's apparently doing an excellent job of.

Or, he should just not deal with them. Which he's apparently doing an excellent job of.

He's not dealing with greedy producers and what not because he hasn't been in a recording studio in ages, but he's absolutely dealing with them at the venues.

He's not dealing with greedy producers and what not because he hasn't been in a recording studio in ages, but he's absolutely dealing with them at the venues.

That's for his band though. He wants to play with his band. Why would he deal with them to be someplace he really didn't want to be?

Lame attempt at damage control from the "camp" and proof positive that they keep Axl in a bubble of misinformative. At least I hope it is that because otherwise it only confirms that he has lost his fuckin marbles. His own facebook page should be enough for him to gauge the vicious backlash against his decision

This letter was addressed to Guns N' Roses fans, not whiny cunts and ranting hair metal past-dwellers desperate for 1987 to come back. The majority of Guns N' Roses fans - and by that I mean fans of Guns in the present - were overwhelmingly supportive of Axl's decision.

Probably the most truthful post I've read on MyGNR. unfortunately, some don't understand this.

In my mind, he still could've gone. But that letter was nice! Shows that he does care about things... in his own crazy way :D

I always get tired of his antics, and he always wins me back... you, Axl, you :)...

Edited by jekylhyde

Lame attempt at damage control from the "camp" and proof positive that they keep Axl in a bubble of misinformative. At least I hope it is that because otherwise it only confirms that he has lost his fuckin marbles. His own facebook page should be enough for him to gauge the vicious backlash against his decision

This letter was addressed to Guns N' Roses fans, not whin

y cunts and ranting hair metal past-dwellers desperate for 1987 to come back. The majority of Guns N' Roses fans - and by that I mean fans of Guns in the present - were overwhelmingly supportive of Axl's decision.

Exactly! Who wouldn't do some research before being "Inducted" into it's ranks?

I can't help but liken this "refusal to be inducted" To John Lennon's return of his MBE medal to Buckingham palace,because he did not support their participation to the war.

You don't align yourself with organizations whose policies you can't agree with,you don't break bread with the enemy.

And maybe you should find a band to follow that don't mind compromising their integrity.

I can't help but liken this "refusal to be inducted" To John Lennon's return of his MBE medal to Buckingham palace,because he did not support their participation to the war.

What war would the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame be participating in, exactly?

Edited by axlsalinger

Axl is no outlaw. Despite what he might like to think. The reality is that he is a coward, all talk and no action.

It takes guts to go against the wishes of the teeming hordes, dude. Most people seek safety in numbers.

Fuckin' A right! Talk is cheap,but standing on your own convictions is priceless.

Slow to catch on? Everything isn't meant to be taken literally ;)

Both involved going against "the system" ie: The Machine,refusing to be a part of something you don't believe in.

That Metal Show guy will kiss Axl's ass from now until the end of time so that Axl will give them another interview.

Both involved going against "the system" ie: The Machine,refusing to be a part of something you don't believe in.

No, I very quickly caught on, to how ludicrous your analogy is.

No, I very quickly caught on, to how ludicrous your analogy is.

Both an act of Civil Disobedience. :rolleyes:

across the forums and media he got some understanding. Even Eddie Trunk understands. Even here it's about 50/50. I think the general public kind of gets it, there's a problem with Slash.

Yeah,both Slash and the HOF's participation in some shady chicanery doubletalk/behavior.