Axl Apologizes to Cleveland but Stands Firm!

AxlCorp

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great letter from Axl, a hilarious mixture of sarcasm and gratitude.

I have never really liked Axl, he has always been too volatile, moody, violent and disrespectful, but these things have been fading away and what remains is a man of immense integrity, humour, support of his friends and steadfastness despite what is thrown at him. I really like that. I think I am starting to like Axl, the person. But it's that wary kind of respect that one is ready to take back at any missteps.

I agree. If Axl had gone I don't care if he didn't want to play, I was just hoping to see him shake hands with Slash and bury the hatchet.

Why is it so important to see Axl and Slash bury the hatchet? I know many want a reunion and therefore dream of them settling their differences. But is there any other reason to want them to become friends again? It seems like so many are using the fact that Axl refuse to stretch out a hand at Slash as some kind of permit to attack Axl for all kinds of things. Like it somehow validates their bile and venom. I think Axl really enjoys despising Slash, and I think Slash has grown to accept it. Leave their animosity alone, everybody loves a good feud.

Very cool!!! Now we can finally get back to the important things in the GNR world: European Tour in 1,5 month!!! rock3

Oh, and a thank-you-new-song-leak for our support would not be rejected us Mr. Rose, ha!

+1! Give us Going Down... NOW! :tongue2:

If people didn't care for Axl, he wouldn't have gotten booed.

Axl getting booed was the ultimate show of respect.

It's like how in wrestling, when people started booing The Rock because he was leaving to be a Hollywood movie star. The Rock turned heel cutting promos where he basically told the haters "F-U and get your own soup!". Then the fans started cheering for him again!

So it's similar.

Axl knows they booed because deep down inside they just really wanted Axl to give them the F-U in person! And we all wish we could be in the same position like Axl where we can tell everyone that pisses us off ... "get your own soup!"

Like they say in show biz, the only bad publicity is getting no publicity.

Axl Rose trending and getting major media coverage only means ... CD II coming SOON (or SOONER)! LOL

You're partly right! I'm sure there are others that booed cause they were stupid enough to paid a grand to go and see "the reunion". Hell! I'll be pissed too. :rofl-lol:

It would have been very complicated and awkward in my opinion for Axl to be there. First off just being in the same room with Slash would have been extremely stressful for him. As far as I know he never got any real help to deal with the things he is so upset with Slash over.(someone to talk to that could help him get those things off his chest that does this for a living) The right person would be able to ease the pain enough so Axl could move on with his life and not have this monster on his back.

Then what would Axl say in his speech? Most of the people that helped get the band off the ground, he now is very upset with for different reasons that happened later on. (Also things that could be worked out talking to the right person) So it would have been hard for him to thank them. There was no way he was going to play live on stage with Slash. The only way he could have preformed on stage would have to be with a different band playing GNR that he could do a song with them without Slash on stage. Then he would have to see Slash go up there and do a song. It's very sad and hurts me a lot to see Axl earn something so big and not be able to enjoy it. Rock N Roll Hall of Fame is just one more thing on a long list that Axl should be able to enjoy but can't because of all this anger built up. I hope someday things will change

across the forums and media he got some understanding. Even Eddie Trunk understands. Even here it's about 50/50. I think the general public kind of gets it, there's a problem with Slash.

"So let sleeping dogs lie or lying dogs sleep" or whatever.

Think you just may have point there <_<

Edited by Teejay

It would have been very complicated and awkward in my opinion for Axl to be there. First off just being in the same room with Slash would have been extremely stressful for him. As far as I know he never got any real help to deal with the things he is so upset with Slash over.(someone to talk to that could help him get those things off his chest that does this for a living) The right person would be able to ease the pain enough so Axl could move on with his life and not have this monster on his back.

Then what would Axl say in his speech? Most of the people that helped get the band off the ground, he now is very upset with for different reasons that happened later on. (Also things that could be worked out talking to the right person) So it would have been hard for him to thank them. There was no way he was going to play live on stage with Slash. The only way he could have preformed on stage would have to be with a different band playing GNR that he could do a song with them without Slash on stage. Then he would have to see Slash go up there and do a song. It's very sad and hurts me a lot to see Axl earn something so big and not be able to enjoy it. Rock N Roll Hall of Fame is just one more thing on a long list that Axl should be able to enjoy but can't because of all this anger built up. I hope someday things will change

Thank you for a concise and well-versed comment Marc :thumbsup:

I suppose Axl's well-aware of all the negative feedback, but he decided to thank those who supported him... And to all those opposed... hmm... well... :D

It's great to hear from him this often. Really cool. :)

Get in the ring Get in the ring get in the ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

It would have been very complicated and awkward in my opinion for Axl to be there. First off just being in the same room with Slash would have been extremely stressful for him.

Boo hoo. He's a 50 year old man, not an 8 year old kid.

As far as I know he never got any real help to deal with the things he is so upset with Slash over.(someone to talk to that could help him get those things off his chest that does this for a living)

And if you don't know that he has, then he surely hasn't. Because you're best buds and all.

The right person would be able to ease the pain enough so Axl could move on with his life and not have this monster on his back.

50 YEAR OLD MAN. It's not like he's watched his wife and kids get raped by terrorists and then set on fire. It was a fucking band breakup. BOO. HOO.

Then what would Axl say in his speech? Most of the people that helped get the band off the ground, he now is very upset with for different reasons that happened later on. (Also things that could be worked out talking to the right person)

Bull. Just Slash and to a lesser extent maybe Steven. He's fine with all the other guys. And, as said before. BOO. HOO. 50 YEAR OLD MAN!

So it would have been hard for him to thank them.

He'd be right to thank them. A man would do it because he does owe everything he has to the band they were in together. Man up.

There was no way he was going to play live on stage with Slash. The only way he could have preformed on stage would have to be with a different band playing GNR that he could do a song with them without Slash on stage. Then he would have to see Slash go up there and do a song. It's very sad and hurts me a lot to see Axl earn something so big and not be able to enjoy it. Rock N Roll Hall of Fame is just one more thing on a long list that Axl should be able to enjoy but can't because of all this anger built up. I hope someday things will change

BOO. HOO. 50 YEAR OLD MAN!!!

Seriously, stop talking about Axl like he's a poor little traumatized child.

Edited by username

It's been 15 years since he had an "altercation" with Slash. Axl had plenty of time to search professional help to solve his problem.

Well said, it's a point of view I share. Very sad Axl is still controlled by the anger demons, that is the bigger picture that many people seem to be missing. If he was truly in a "good place" as we had thought last year, he would have been there to celebrate a chapter of his past with many of the people that helped get him where he is today. Seems like he thinks he would have had the same fame and fortune without his old bandmates - maybe, but IMO not likely. As for Slash, he has reached out to Axl several times including publicly wishing Axl a happy 50th birthday. So it's not like Axl would have had to make an effort to extend the olive branch.

I don't see why Axl is upset at most of his former bandmates though, he was on good terms with Duff and Izzy and Matt and Gilby wasn't he? Probably not so much now, and I don't blame Axl for being angry with Steven.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/h15648

Gunsguy edit to post full thing in first post:

To: Cleveland, Ohio, Guns N' Roses Fans and everyone who's shown support for my decision regarding the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

I seriously didn't plan on or expect the overwhelmingly positive response and public support for my decision regarding the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. With such a generous outpouring of solidarity from fans, media outlets, writers and other artists, I'm truly humbled, blown away and unbelievably relieved! To be honest, I thought it would go the other way and was just hoping to weather the storm. As I said, I sincerely didn't want to disappoint anyone. It gets old being the outlaw even if "it's only rock and roll".

It took a lot of focus and soul searching to be sincere and informative while making a genuine effort to be somewhat diplomatic. We made, what I feel, are real efforts to learn about the Hall and the Board, spoke as I said with the president and various members, and though I inducted Elton John and Bernie Taupin in '94 saying something to the effect of "I'm learning what the Hall's about..."

I still don't exactly know or understand what the Hall is or how or why it makes money, where the money goes, who chooses the voters and why anyone or this board decides who, out of all the artists in the world that have contributed to this genre, officially "rock" enough to be in the Hall?

This isn't an attack. These are genuine issues I don't have enough verified information on to have more than rough ideas. Certainly not enough information to make any judgments about.

I would like to apologize to Cleveland, Ohio for not apologizing to them beforehand for not attending [the ceremony] in their city. I think they know how much I genuinely love performing there. Cleveland does in fact Rock!!

Now that the smoke's cleared a little, any desperate, misguided attacks have been just that, a pathetic stab at gossip, some lame vindictiveness, the usual entitlement crap, he's obsessed, crazy, volatile, a hater. I once bought a homeless woman a slice of pizza who yelled at me she wanted soup. We got her the soup. You can get your own.

Again: HUGE thanks to the fans and to everyone for the incredible public support. My congratulations to the other artists inducted. And my apologies to the city and people of Cleveland, Ohio. I hope you'll forgive me and we hope to see you again soon!

Keep Rockin',

Axl

Unlike my open letter to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It May Concern this was written for GNR's official website, Facebook account and my personal twitter account and not intended as a press release. If anyone does choose to pick this up as has been done previously I'd appreciate if you'd run in full including this paragraph so as not to give a partial picture, have things taken out of context or to imply or inadvertently give the impression this was intended for other outlets.

Thanks in advance. Peace-

I have no clue what he's been reading. But it's not what I've been reading.

Maybe Beta is censoring the stuff that comes through to him now.

It's the only real explanation.

Has Axl lost it??....

Pizza, soup, positive response, the media can only post this in its entirety?.... I mean... WTF??? <_<:lol:

LA

In its entirety because it's so easy to take things out of context and misinterpret what was actually intended.

Edited by sailaway

Has Axl lost it??....

Don't think so.

Pizza, soup,

That was an entertaining allegory about not being able to please everyone. Too bad it was lost on you.

positive response,

He has received positive response, and I am certain he is both surprised and pleased for that, after all he is "overwhelmed" by it.

the media can only post this in its entirety?.... I mean... WTF??? <_<:lol:

It is a fair request to not have his letter cherry picked and quoted out of context.

Guest gunns5

People should appreciate that Axl is commenting on this after the fact as well, just like he made a public statement before hand.

He stands by his decision on both accounts, and makes no excuses for it and doesn't try to hide from the decision he made, and if anything, he has gone above and beyond in informing the fans about his thoughts on the matter, so overall I think Axl handled this situation very well.

rock3

Edited by gunns5

People should appreciate that Axl is commenting on this after the fact as well, just like he made a public statement before hand.

He stands by his decision on both accounts, and makes no excuses for it and doesn't try to hide from the decision he made, and if anything, he has gone above and beyond in informing the fans about his thoughts on the matter, so overall I think Axl handled this situation very well.

rock3

If only he could be more informative about other issues.

Guest gunns5

rock3

yeah but you want fries with that, you should be content with pizza and soup.

rock3

yeah but you want fries with that, you should be content with pizza and soup.

Not really, I'm not one of those people that want more and more.I just think a band update with future plans might be cool.Maybe even addressing some issues like new material or future set lists.

Not much really