Axl Apologizes to Cleveland but Stands Firm!

AxlCorp

Check out what Dizzy's wife posted regarding the HOF.

Why don't you guys stay at your forum and stop making new S/N's here?

I read it and it's clearly a bullshit excuse! Last I checked it was $3000 a head not $21,000 and he's been in Guns n' Roses for nearly 20 years so the money had fuck all to do with it unless Axl's not a very generous employer. He also said earlier that he was planning to attend so why the change of heart?

"I know that all the original band is going to be there," he said. "I don't know exactly what's going to go down. It's one of those things I'm sure will all come together and be really cool. I'm just going to go in with a good attitude and a clear head and a grateful heart."

Situations change,People can change their minds,humanity is an imperfect species.

Apparently The HOF had a "communication breakdown" I'm glad Guns N' Roses didn't show up.

Since you are obviously here to try and stir shit up,I won't be responding to you anymore.

Happy Trails :xmassrudolph:

Guns N'Roses were at the HOF. Believe it or not, they were inducted. Hell, they even performed a couple of tracks they created. How cool is that.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read it and it's clearly a bullshit excuse! Last I checked it was $3000 a head not $21,000 and he's been in Guns n' Roses for nearly 20 years so the money had fuck all to do with it unless Axl's not a very generous employer. He also said earlier that he was planning to attend so why the change of heart?

"I know that all the original band is going to be there," he said. "I don't know exactly what's going to go down. It's one of those things I'm sure will all come together and be really cool. I'm just going to go in with a good attitude and a clear head and a grateful heart."

Situations change,People can change their minds,humanity is an imperfect species.

Apparently The HOF had a "communication breakdown" I'm glad Guns N' Roses didn't show up.

Since you are obviously here to try and stir shit up,I won't be responding to you anymore.

Guns N'Roses were at the HOF. Believe it or not, they were inducted. Hell, they even performed a couple of tracks they created. How cool is that.

Correction: Former members of Guns N' Roses were at the HOF.

No,that was the Alumni.Nobody from Guns N' Roses chose to participate.

Go and tell the HOF then. Be warned, they will point and laugh.

Edited by vaida

Go and tell the HOF then. Be warned, they will point and laugh.

The people who played at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony are all former members of the band Guns N' Roses who either quit or were fired. The band Guns N' Roses will be touring Europe this summer. Slash has a solo album coming out and will be touring as well. Duff has his own band, so does Steven. They all are not in Guns N' Roses anymore. The only members who are in Guns N' Roses that were supposed to be at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony are Axl Rose and Dizzy Reed and they didn't show up.

There was more guns n roses at the hall of fame than at a guns n rosesTM show since 1993. That's the way it is, that's the way 99% of fans see it, that's the way 99% of the public sees it. Just because something is called something doesn't make it so.

no one thinks GNR isn't about Axl and Izzy, clearly you think it's not though since you support this new band - sans Izzy. The members inducted to the hall of fame are the only real members of Guns N Roses. Bumblefoot noodling over a 10 year old song of which he has NO IDEA the inspiration and development of the song doesn't mean anymore than Shannon Hoon adding additional vocals to Don't Cry.

Everybody at one time used to think that the sun revolved around the earth, didn't make it true. :( People can see things whatever way they want, it doesnt give them a patent on truth.

Izzy chose to leave the band - no reason for me to punish the new-er guys for Izzy's choice. You can keep saying that the guys inducted are the only "real" members but its funny that Matt who did not participate in song-writing as the songs were written before him is seen as soooo deserving of the GN'R title but people like Tommy, Chris, Brain who HAVE co-written songs are pooh-poohed because hey, all that matters is the historical factor of who was there first. :) Human beings should be ashamed of taking over planet earth- it belongs to the dinosaurs and other species who were here first. :rolleyes:

Who says Bumblefoot would have no idea about the inspiration behind songs? Through the miracles of modern technology, he might be able to pick up a phone and call the guys who helped write it and have a conversation.

No one thinks GN'R isnt about Axl and Izzy? That's a hoot. Read what LA 0013 said, go check out the signatures some people have put up with pictures of Duff, Matt, Slash and Steven as "Guns N Roses". Like I said, the hypocrisy of the "we are all about the original band" crowd has been exposed.

They inducted the members that played on the albums at the peak of their fame. Whether or not you consider Chinese Democracy a good record or 'GNR record' has no bearing on the decision. It didn't have the impact that the other albums had. The decision to add the members from the 80's and 90's wasn't because they were there first. It was because they played on the records that were recorded when GNR was one of the biggest bands in the world. It doesn't matter how well bumblefoot plays the songs, how many songs the new guys have writing credits on, or if bumblefoot knows the inspiration behind the old songs. They just took the guys that recorded and played with the band when the band was one of the biggest rock acts. By the time Chinese came out, GNRs popularity largely declined from the 80's and 90's. The new band is considered less musically significant than the old band by many, no matter how good of musicians they may be.

And for all this 'axl is GNR', 'slash is GNR', 'izzy is GNR' crap, guns n roses was/is a band, not one guy. One guy doesn't make the band.

Exactly, one guy never makes a classic band, it is always a situation where the sum of the parts is greater than any individual...you can see this time and time again with all the classic bands that broke up...hence the never ending desire for reunions, not just for GNR, but Led Zep, Pink Floyd, you name it. Personally, I don't think Axl's real reason for not attending was given by him...I think there is much more going on with him...he has had vocal problems and I'm sure in some ways lacks confidence, and surely doesn't want to be seen as the weak link in a classic lineup reunion...especially with all of the back and forth drama over the years.

That's hilarious. Axl's got problems with the level at which he can perform while people like Matt Sorum or Steven Adler are being overwhelmed by the universal applause for their technical brilliance, right? Is Myles in the list of greatest singers of all time like Axl?

If Axl is such a horrible singer, why do people keep wishing for a reunion? I mean, why climb down from the splendor that is Myles Kennedy to the supposed mediocrity that is Axl Rose? Why is a reunion the greatest dream for so many then?

The unfortunate reality is that most singers lose much of their range as they age, and the fact that Axl ravaged his voice at a young age through both his singing style and lifestyle doesn't help...nothing against him, it is just the reality of being a rock singer and aging. And yes, in my opinion, the pressure on him to deliver would be greater in a reunion situation than with his current lineup...he has less to prove to them, since he is obviously the boss, and less people are watching.

Sadly, a lot of people are so blinded by their own obsessive dreams in this situation that quality isnt quite what their judgments are based on. Axl could sing the exact same way he does in any regular GN'R show but if he was performing with the olden and golden line-up, people would be going gaga about how great it all was. Same was the case when Duff joined GN'R for a show and people claimed his presence had somehow made Axl so much better. :rolleyes:

The struggle Axl has chosen, to be with the current line-up rather than hop onto the reunion bandwagon is HARDER, not easier. He is critiqued much more mercilessly for everything he does because people's personal animosity about their crushed reunion dreams keep getting in the way.

Edited by rabia

You may have read it, but unfortunately didn't understanding it. No-one, anywhere, in any way, has said that the inductees had to pay $3,000 to attend, never happened - not true. The additional cost was for guests of the inductees, and the $21,000 was quoted for family to accompany. The dissatisfaction with this was brought up before Axl confirmed he wasn't attending.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but let's not start thinking we're entitled to our own facts.

You may have read it, but unfortunately didn't understanding it. No-one, anywhere, in any way, has said that the inductees had to pay $3,000 to attend, never happened - not true. The additional cost was for guests of the inductees, and the $21,000 was quoted for family to accompany. The dissatisfaction with this was brought up before Axl confirmed he wasn't attending.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but let's not start thinking we're entitled to our own facts.

Giving him even less of an excuse for not showing. If it meant so little to him that he was so quick to change his mind then why was he initially so keen he just had to bring another seven guests?

I have no idea why he decided not to go, just pointing out misgivings shown before Axl's decision. People are quick to make their own negative conclusions based on their own predjudice, when just like me, they have no clue.

For what it's worth, my OPINION, is that he probably was open to going, but as it got closer, and it became clearer how the whole thing was likely to go down, he decided descrecition was the better part of valour. I don't blame him - would probably have done the same.

There was more guns n roses at the hall of fame than at a guns n rosesTM show since 1993. That's the way it is, that's the way 99% of fans see it, that's the way 99% of the public sees it. Just because something is called something doesn't make it so.

no one thinks GNR isn't about Axl and Izzy, clearly you think it's not though since you support this new band - sans Izzy. The members inducted to the hall of fame are the only real members of Guns N Roses. Bumblefoot noodling over a 10 year old song of which he has NO IDEA the inspiration and development of the song doesn't mean anymore than Shannon Hoon adding additional vocals to Don't Cry.

Everybody at one time used to think that the sun revolved around the earth, didn't make it true. :( People can see things whatever way they want, it doesnt give them a patent on truth.

Izzy chose to leave the band - no reason for me to punish the new-er guys for Izzy's choice. You can keep saying that the guys inducted are the only "real" members but its funny that Matt who did not participate in song-writing as the songs were written before him is seen as soooo deserving of the GN'R title but people like Tommy, Chris, Brain who HAVE co-written songs are pooh-poohed because hey, all that matters is the historical factor of who was there first. :) Human beings should be ashamed of taking over planet earth- it belongs to the dinosaurs and other species who were here first. :rolleyes:

Who says Bumblefoot would have no idea about the inspiration behind songs? Through the miracles of modern technology, he might be able to pick up a phone and call the guys who helped write it and have a conversation.

No one thinks GN'R isnt about Axl and Izzy? That's a hoot. Read what LA 0013 said, go check out the signatures some people have put up with pictures of Duff, Matt, Slash and Steven as "Guns N Roses". Like I said, the hypocrisy of the "we are all about the original band" crowd has been exposed.

They inducted the members that played on the albums at the peak of their fame. Whether or not you consider Chinese Democracy a good record or 'GNR record' has no bearing on the decision. It didn't have the impact that the other albums had. The decision to add the members from the 80's and 90's wasn't because they were there first. It was because they played on the records that were recorded when GNR was one of the biggest bands in the world. It doesn't matter how well bumblefoot plays the songs, how many songs the new guys have writing credits on, or if bumblefoot knows the inspiration behind the old songs. They just took the guys that recorded and played with the band when the band was one of the biggest rock acts. By the time Chinese came out, GNRs popularity largely declined from the 80's and 90's. The new band is considered less musically significant than the old band by many, no matter how good of musicians they may be.

And for all this 'axl is GNR', 'slash is GNR', 'izzy is GNR' crap, guns n roses was/is a band, not one guy. One guy doesn't make the band.

Exactly, one guy never makes a classic band, it is always a situation where the sum of the parts is greater than any individual...you can see this time and time again with all the classic bands that broke up...hence the never ending desire for reunions, not just for GNR, but Led Zep, Pink Floyd, you name it. Personally, I don't think Axl's real reason for not attending was given by him...I think there is much more going on with him...he has had vocal problems and I'm sure in some ways lacks confidence, and surely doesn't want to be seen as the weak link in a classic lineup reunion...especially with all of the back and forth drama over the years.

That's hilarious. Axl's got problems with the level at which he can perform while people like Matt Sorum or Steven Adler are being overwhelmed by the universal applause for their technical brilliance, right? Is Myles in the list of greatest singers of all time like Axl?

If Axl is such a horrible singer, why do people keep wishing for a reunion? I mean, why climb down from the splendor that is Myles Kennedy to the supposed mediocrity that is Axl Rose? Why is a reunion the greatest dream for so many then?

The unfortunate reality is that most singers lose much of their range as they age, and the fact that Axl ravaged his voice at a young age through both his singing style and lifestyle doesn't help...nothing against him, it is just the reality of being a rock singer and aging. And yes, in my opinion, the pressure on him to deliver would be greater in a reunion situation than with his current lineup...he has less to prove to them, since he is obviously the boss, and less people are watching.

Sadly, a lot of people are so blinded by their own obsessive dreams in this situation that quality isnt quite what their judgments are based on. Axl could sing the exact same way he does in any regular GN'R show but if he was performing with the olden and golden line-up, people would be going gaga about how great it all was. Same was the case when Duff joined GN'R for a show and people claimed his presence had somehow made Axl so much better. :rolleyes:

The struggle Axl has chosen, to be with the current line-up rather than hop onto the reunion bandwagon is HARDER, not easier. He is critiqued much more mercilessly for everything he does because people's personal animosity about their crushed reunion dreams keep getting in the way.

The question is why does everyone want a reunion? And why has Axl chosen this struggle...is it because he cannot work in a team setting and has to be calling the shots, or is it just that he is misunderstood and everyone is out to get him...

I have no idea why he decided not to go, just pointing out misgivings shown before Axl's decision. People are quick to make their own negative conclusions based on their own predjudice, when just like me, they have no clue.

For what it's worth, my OPINION, is that he probably was open to going, but as it got closer, and it became clearer how the whole thing was likely to go down, he decided descrecition was the better part of valour. I don't blame him - would probably have done the same.

I don't disagree with you I'm just saying that the people who say it had nothing to do with Axl are naive.

Fom what I read in Slash's book, the rest of Gn'R (minus Axl) were pretty shabby to Dizzy when he joined, and him attending alone may have been somewhat awkward.

Whether this would have had any influence on his decision, I don't know. What I am pretty sure of, is the suggestion that in someway Axl would have leant on him not to go is ridiculous, everything we have heard from current and recent members is that they are left to conduct themselves as they please. There is a fantasy on these boards about gagging orders and bizarre contracts stopping members doing as they wish - for which I have seen no evidence. I think sometimes people see respect and taking sensible responsibility for your words of actions, out of context. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what the truth is, as rumour, conjecture and sensationalism is far more interesting.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/h15648

"Positive response" WTF...you need to cut down on those oxygen tanks and/or get real management.

And FYI this board is deleting (or being selective on which ones they want on here) a lot of the negative posts - I've been watching the posts come on and within minutes they "disappear" and not because of foul language etc.

BTW, moving on is changing the name of the band and playing new songs. At 50, what will you do if the current band members leave?

Wow, after all these years I'm becoming a hater, I can't believe it :(

Gunsguy edit to post full thing in first post:

To: Cleveland, Ohio, Guns N' Roses Fans and everyone who's shown support for my decision regarding the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

I seriously didn't plan on or expect the overwhelmingly positive response and public support for my decision regarding the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. With such a generous outpouring of solidarity from fans, media outlets, writers and other artists, I'm truly humbled, blown away and unbelievably relieved! To be honest, I thought it would go the other way and was just hoping to weather the storm. As I said, I sincerely didn't want to disappoint anyone. It gets old being the outlaw even if "it's only rock and roll".

It took a lot of focus and soul searching to be sincere and informative while making a genuine effort to be somewhat diplomatic. We made, what I feel, are real efforts to learn about the Hall and the Board, spoke as I said with the president and various members, and though I inducted Elton John and Bernie Taupin in '94 saying something to the effect of "I'm learning what the Hall's about..."

I still don't exactly know or understand what the Hall is or how or why it makes money, where the money goes, who chooses the voters and why anyone or this board decides who, out of all the artists in the world that have contributed to this genre, officially "rock" enough to be in the Hall?

This isn't an attack. These are genuine issues I don't have enough verified information on to have more than rough ideas. Certainly not enough information to make any judgments about.

I would like to apologize to Cleveland, Ohio for not apologizing to them beforehand for not attending [the ceremony] in their city. I think they know how much I genuinely love performing there. Cleveland does in fact Rock!!

Now that the smoke's cleared a little, any desperate, misguided attacks have been just that, a pathetic stab at gossip, some lame vindictiveness, the usual entitlement crap, he's obsessed, crazy, volatile, a hater. I once bought a homeless woman a slice of pizza who yelled at me she wanted soup. We got her the soup. You can get your own.

Again: HUGE thanks to the fans and to everyone for the incredible public support. My congratulations to the other artists inducted. And my apologies to the city and people of Cleveland, Ohio. I hope you'll forgive me and we hope to see you again soon!

Keep Rockin',

Axl

Unlike my open letter to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It May Concern this was written for GNR's official website, Facebook account and my personal twitter account and not intended as a press release. If anyone does choose to pick this up as has been done previously I'd appreciate if you'd run in full including this paragraph so as not to give a partial picture, have things taken out of context or to imply or inadvertently give the impression this was intended for other outlets.

Thanks in advance. Peace-

I knew there was something about this new letter that bugged me. I realized the mistakes Axl made and corrected where need be:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/h15648

Gunsguy edit to post full thing in first post:

I would like to apologize to Cleveland, Ohio Guns N' Roses fans for not apologizing to them beforehand for not attending the ceremony in their city. I think they know how much I genuinely love performing there for them. Cleveland GNR fans does in fact Rock!!

Now that the smoke's cleared a little, any desperate, misguided attacks have been just that, a pathetic stab at gossip, some lame vindictiveness, the usual entitlement crap, he's obsessed, crazy, volatile, a hater. I once bought a homeless woman a slice of pizza who yelled at me she wanted soup. We got her the soup. You can get your own.

Again: HUGE thanks to the fans and to everyone for the incredible public support. My congratulations to the other artists inducted. And my apologies to the city and people of Cleveland, Ohio fans of Guns N' Roses. I hope you'll forgive me and we hope to see you again soon!

Keep Rockin',

Axl

There, all better :)

Edited by downzy

I don't disagree with you I'm just saying that the people who say it had nothing to do with Axl are naive.

Fom what I read in Slash's book, the rest of Gn'R (minus Axl) were pretty shabby to Dizzy when he joined, and him attending alone may have been somewhat awkward.

Whether this would have had any influence on his decision, I don't know. What I am pretty sure of, is the suggestion that in someway Axl would have leant on him not to go is ridiculous, everything we have heard from current and recent members is that they are left to conduct themselves as they please. There is a fantasy on these boards about gagging orders and bizarre contracts stopping members doing as they wish - for which I have seen no evidence. I think sometimes people see respect and taking sensible responsibility for your words of actions, out of context. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what the truth is, as rumour, conjecture and sensationalism is far more interesting.

It's not just Slash's book, Leddy. Dizzy's ex, Lisa, confirmed that they all treated Dizzy like shit with the exception of Axl. I agree, why would he just want to hang out with a bunch of guys that were not particularly friendly to him?

Ali

It's not just Slash's book, Leddy. Dizzy's ex, Lisa, confirmed that they all treated Dizzy like shit with the exception of Axl. I agree, why would he just want to hang out with a bunch of guys that were not particularly friendly to him?

Ali

Didn't Slash have Dizzy play on the first Snakepit album? I think the other guys resented Axl hiring Dizzy without their consultation.

Edited by ITW 2012

Wow.. More proof that he is totally out of touch. He got mostly negative twitters, facebook was a disaster, and he got booed at the event. Seriously Axl?? How f'n delusional are you? Maybe Beta is running NetNanny on the at home PC. Ridiculous. This is why people have given up on him.

Ali

Didn't Slash have Dizzy play on the first Snakepit album? I think the other guys resented Axl hiring Dizzy without their consultation.

It's pretty clear if you read Slash's book that this wasn't a hiring without consultation scenario. I think maybe you're thinking of Paul Tobias.

Ali

Some of you guys defy comprehension to me, what I mean is you created a dream (an illusion if you will) about something in your head.

Then it turns out that dream does not come to reality (as most never do) then you lash out at others. Even if Axl went there would not have been a performance. None of the happenings this week should have surprised anyone at all that frequents this board. Axl has made it known FOR YEARS it would never happen, it's not like he tricked you into thinking he would reunite and then backed out...

The HOF was NEVER put in place for the fans, it is about suits lining thier pockets with $$$, the HOF doesn't dictate to me anyway who I choose to listen to and follow.

I dont want to take away anything from the former members regarding this honour to them, some see it as an honour some see it otherwise.

read this article half way down page:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,1966,00.html

The HOF is NOT about the fans, sorry guys.

Ever been there? How about all the other people trashing it just because Axl didn't go?

I don't know moost of the posters here, but I bet the same ones bashing the HOF are the same ones who say people shouldn't whine about set lists or Axls voice unless they're at the gig. Double standards are always amusing.

Anyway, I've been to the HOF. All this nonsense aside, if anyone is a fan of music, it is actually quite a cool place to see. The Hall itself is indeed for the fans, with floors of memorabilia, photos, history, etc, preserved and on display to be enjoyed by the people who visit it. I'm sure that most people who walk through those doors don't give a shit about butt hurt feelings or tax deductions. When you're there it really is all about the music and the bands that made that music, and it allows the fans to have a place to go and enjoy that experience.

Ali

It's pretty clear if you read Slash's book that this wasn't a hiring without consultation scenario. I think maybe you're thinking of Paul Tobias.

Ali

Maybe. I read Slash's book when it first came out.

Correction: Former members of Guns N' Roses were at the HOF.

Guns N' Roses was inducted.

No one was inducted as a former member or a current member. The members who showed up were inducted as, Guns N' Roses.

You can add or delete whatever words at whim, but it doesn't change that very simple fact.

Some of you guys defy comprehension to me, what I mean is you created a dream (an illusion if you will) about something in your head.

Then it turns out that dream does not come to reality (as most never do) then you lash out at others. Even if Axl went there would not have been a performance. None of the happenings this week should have surprised anyone at all that frequents this board. Axl has made it known FOR YEARS it would never happen, it's not like he tricked you into thinking he would reunite and then backed out...

The HOF was NEVER put in place for the fans, it is about suits lining thier pockets with $$$, the HOF doesn't dictate to me anyway who I choose to listen to and follow.

I dont want to take away anything from the former members regarding this honour to them, some see it as an honour some see it otherwise.

read this article half way down page:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,1966,00.html

The HOF is NOT about the fans, sorry guys.

Ever been there? How about all the other people trashing it just because Axl didn't go?

I don't know moost of the posters here, but I bet the same ones bashing the HOF are the same ones who say people shouldn't whine about set lists or Axls voice unless they're at the gig. Double standards are always amusing.

Anyway, I've been to the HOF. All this nonsense aside, if anyone is a fan of music, it is actually quite a cool place to see. The Hall itself is indeed for the fans, with floors of memorabilia, photos, history, etc, preserved and on display to be enjoyed by the people who visit it. I'm sure that most people who walk through those doors don't give a shit about butt hurt feelings or tax deductions. When you're there it really is all about the music and the bands that made that music, and it allows the fans to have a place to go and enjoy that experience.

Absolutely.

The place is amazing and indeed is for the fans.

And it doesn't stagnate either,they bring in new exhibits,new docus and film...they keep it fresh.

Absolutely the place to go if you live for this stuff.

I love it and am wholeheartedly appreciative of it.

Keeping the spirit alive of a movement that changed the face of pop culture,I don't see the problem with that.

To stand there and see the gear that Sam Phillips first recorded Elvis on...a moment that would soon kick to the curb the standards that stuffed-shirt America held so dear...it's truly amazing.

What would the fate of those pieces of history be otherwise?Shlepped away in some guys basement,collecting dust,after buying it at some cheap sell off?

As time goes on the importance of this Hall will only increase.

It has value and it has a purpose.

I've taken the journey there many times,and I go back days in a row and always experience something new.

I haven't made my last journey there either,I will definitely be back.

This whole statement is just Axl trolling all the people that bashed him for his decision. At least, that's what I get from the letter. It seems quite obvious, actually!

Too bad Ron and "marlonbrando" couldn't see it. Of course he was being sarcastic, otherwise why would he bother at all especially if most of the response was actually positive? smh :rolleyes:

I seriously didn't plan on or expect the overwhelmingly positive response and public support for my decision regarding the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. With such a generous outpouring of solidarity from fans, media outlets, writers and other artists, I'm truly humbled, blown away and unbelievably relieved! To be honest, I thought it would go the other way and was just hoping to weather the storm.

I support him...kinda...but...

Does he have a fully uncensored internet access at home ? :confused:

He has the Beta Parental Control on :thumbsup:

Some are so braindead, do you get SARCASM at all? Like he didn't know he was getting bashed.

The sad truth is he is actually serious. I actually feel sorry for the guy now. He has lost touch with reality. It is sad.

The sad truth is that this^^ "fan" ^^ actually thought he wasn't being SARCASTIC at all, sometimes I wonder why you bother. He's never going to do what YOU want him to do.

Being a Clevelander, it was nice gesture of him to write the letter. ( I was laughing to myself when the boos came at the induction, watch the next time Axl touring the US he will pass Cleveland by.) The letter was odd though, which some have already stated.

I haven't really taking a tally on positive or negative support on his first letter. I have seen both in media and forum, FB etc..I did seem more negative, but like I said not counting which one is more. His first letter seemed more on the personal reasons ( with other ex-members) than the Rock Hall. There was talk about the Hall, although vague sounded more like he didn't like who was included in the induction. Its vague though. Now he states cause he understand what the hall is about, where the money goes, etc... ITS A HALL OF FAME. Is there many Ball players or Football players turn down a induction cause they don't understand or know where the money goes? Not that the Hall is perfect its still somewhat not new but still at its infancy going into adolescence in a sense. Then there was the homeless bit, totally left-field on what the topic was on. Its good to hear that he is human and wants to help, but seemed really reaching.

(Maybe that homeless person was lactose intolerant and has a problem with cheese. ;) lol

He wasn't reaching as so much, just being smart alec (sp?) as hell. :tongue2:

Now if he passes them by (the city of Cleveland as a gig) then that would be sorry on his part, though it would be his/their decision. So that I'll agree with that, given that I bet there are some in Cleveland who did back him and so to kinda punish the city by not or never having a gig there again, then that wouldn't be right. <_<

Edited by Nicc

Omg over at gunsnfnroses they're short circuiting trying to comprehend Axl's letter. They're incredulous and trying to figure out why all their lame assed faux-meta trolling has resulted in Axl making comments about people supporting his decision. They're of course interpreting everything he said literally and ranting about him being in denial and sheltered, when in reality he doesn't give a shit about losers who make millions of alt accounts to cupcake him on the internet. They're too stupid to realize he was referring to people in the media and was being humorous on the sly. Too funny.

Keep failing guyz. Axl doesn't care about your obsession with a reunion.

They are a constant source of amusement,was fwding some of their "responses" to a few friends.Comedy Central over there and for all their efforts,making all the entertaining alt. S/Ns they remain basically insignificant in the grand scheme of all things GNR.

Not even a blip on the radar.

Not surprised at all that they're incapable of discerning subtle humor,and are ravenously attempting to pick apart the letters. :lol: