2012/05/20 Echo Arena, Liverpool UK

SlashLP

Axl was walking backwards off the stage at the end of the show toward his secret room, and before you know it he's tripped over a cable and fell backwards on his arse. I missed it entirely but heard it when the arena roared "OOOOH!"

That was a fucking world class performance from that whole band. Every one of those guys is a superstar. Nearly three hours of some of the best rock music i've ever seen performed by any group of performers. It's really not worth me debating any ten bob bullshit argument about the tour or the setlist, because even with all of my cynicism, I was still blown away. This is a great fucking band, and they need an album out as soon as they can.

How did he sound?

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl was walking backwards off the stage at the end of the show toward his secret room, and before you know it he's tripped over a cable and fell backwards on his arse. I missed it entirely but heard it when the arena roared "OOOOH!"

That was a fucking world class performance from that whole band. Every one of those guys is a superstar. Nearly three hours of some of the best rock music i've ever seen performed by any group of performers. It's really not worth me debating any ten bob bullshit argument about the tour or the setlist, because even with all of my cynicism, I was still blown away. This is a great fucking band, and they need an album out as soon as they can.

So he did fall .....................stfu with your "trolling" I have more admiration for Axl then you could possibly imagine.

So he did fall .....................stfu with your "trolling" I have more admiration for Axl then you could possibly imagine.

You obviously haven't received my message yet.

How did he sound?

Sounded great! Couldn't find a single fault with the set

You obviously haven't received my message yet.

Got it , Peace

Has another concert been & gone in the last 12 hours??? This time change is confusing the hell out of me :question:

Doesn't help when Americans put their dates around the wrong way - plus being a day ahead of the rest of the world. Might have to keep a calendar above the computer!! :xmassrudolph:

Has another concert been & gone in the last 12 hours??? This time change is confusing the hell out of me :question:

Doesn't help when Americans put their dates around the wrong way - plus being a day ahead of the rest of the world. Might have to keep a calendar above the computer!! :xmassrudolph:

Yes. Back to back shows.

I don't understand why other countries put the day before the month when writing it. Do they actually say, "It's 20 May, guys!" If so, that sounds to retarded. :lol: Our way is written the way we say it. Don't know why you'd write it differently.

That's my little "This is America!" rant of sorts.

I don't understand why other countries put the day before the month when writing it. Do they actually say, "It's 20 May, guys!" If so, that sounds to retarded. :lol: Our way is written the way we say it. Don't know why you'd write it differently.

I actually do believe they say "It's the twentyith of May". It's a very graceful way of saying it.

In the scandinavian countries we say "twentyith of May", and therefore we write it as 20/05/12. Could also be because it's in ascending order - day/month/year

Edited by spirit83

:rolleyes: Yes we do, we say 5th May 2012 - I gather you say it May 5th? Its the day, month, year the right order. Same as you drive on the wrong side of the road while most of the world drives on the correct side :lol:

It makes perfect sense, after all when telling the time you say the minutes, then the hour. You wouldn't say it's 5 o'clock & 20 minutes to!!! Or do you?? :P

Edited by rock4eva

The American way is the right way. Always. :)

Yeah? Then why didn't you invent the black box flight recorder which, may I point out, was invented by Australians.....how many American lives have we saved through this? :P

th_SnoopyRedBaron.gif

Does anyone have a full version of Guns singing Chip Away - Axl's voice always sounds so much better on cover versions apart from Bon Scott's voice. rock4

Yeah? Then why didn't you invent the black box flight recorder which, may I point out, was invented by Australians.....how many American lives have we saved through this? :P

th_SnoopyRedBaron.gif

Does anyone have a full version of Guns singing Chip Away - Axl's voice always sounds so much better on cover versions apart from Bon Scott's voice. rock4

You, my friend, take things a bit too seriously. Unless you're just joking back of course. In that case, all is good. :)

:rolleyes: Yes we do, we say 5th May 2012 - I gather you say it May 5th? Its the day, month, year the right order. Same as you drive on the wrong side of the road while most of the world drives on the correct side :lol:

It makes perfect sense, after all when telling the time you say the minutes, then the hour. You wouldn't say it's 5 o'clock & 20 minutes to!!! Or do you?? :P

Most people would say "five twenty."

th_SnoopyRedBaron.gif

You, my friend, take things a bit too seriously. Unless you're just joking back of course. In that case, all is good. :)

:rofl-lol: Of course I'm joking, very dry sense of humour doesn't translate into words but yes....just teasing you. :lol:

Apart from the Chip Away song which I've so fallen in love with but a one minute recording isn't enough....:)

Just met all the band except Axl (he's still in an after show party) tour buses left with the rest of the band. Got pics and and my Chidem Signed up.

Tonight show much better than last nights. will update more tomorrow

Edited by Axl_morris

Just met all the band except Axl (he's still in an after show party) tour buses left with the rest of the band. Got pics and and my Chidem Signed up.

Tonight show much better than last nights. will update more tomorrow

Glad you had such a great time, can you hang around the after show party to make sure Axl isn't brought out on a stretcher this time?? :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Look forward to your updates :thumbsup:

what can i say? i didn't buy a ticket. wasn't there. but i agree with those who think axl should perform more new guns n roses songs. new unreleased songs. it makes sense if there is a new record ready to go 2 perform some songs off that record live at these shows. would mix things up. spice up the setlist for fans of this current tour and diehard fans of the chinese democracy era

that's because it is more relevant to specifiy first the hour. time reference is a part of day. if on the other hand your time reference is within one hour you wouldn't mention the hour at all but just say 30 or 35, since both know the hour

Am/Br way of writing and saying dates is pretty illogical because there is no sense in putting month-day-year because both year and month are considerably irrelevand when speaking about dates spanning one month. if your time reference is one year, you wouldn't mention the day, just the month and so on

That's how I see it at least. Also AM/BR system of measurements is ridiculous compared to the metric system (even some of my american acquaintances think so)

and that concludes my completely off topic and completely unnecessary post :)

Then they'd be wrong as I said 20 TO which is 20 to 5. Or 4.40.

Guess doing things differently is what makes it exciting to travel & now to interact online - we get to learn more about other countries than from books at school :book:

So next concert is Wednesday night UK time? Which is early hours of Thursday morning here - guess I liked it more when they toured the US as the hours were more compatible.