There Was A Time

wasted

Even if asked to play it note for note he couldn't do it.

There's a ton of great solos on Chinese Democracy. Madagascar, both Better solos, SOD, Catcher in the Rye, Sorry, If The World, This I Love, Shackler's Revenge. All different solos worthy of just as much praise as TWAT or any Slash solo. The only ones Slash can play are the ones DJ Ashba can barely play.[/quHave you seen Slash try and play these solos? How do you know he couldnt? Will you please post a link to Slash attempting and failing CD leads. Oh, you dont have one and were pulling shit out of you ass........ :rofl-lol:

You got a little over excited there buddy?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

u][/quHave you seen Slash try and play these solos? How do you know he couldnt? Will you please post a link to Slash attempting and failing CD leads. Oh, you dont have one and were pulling shit out of you ass........ :rofl-lol:

Wow, someone's really upset here :rofl-lol: .... calm down, man!

u][/quHave you seen Slash try and play these solos? How do you know he couldnt? Will you please post a link to Slash attempting and failing CD leads. Oh, you dont have one and were pulling shit out of you ass........ :rofl-lol:

Either upset or typing with one hand.

Of course Slash cant play like Bumble and Bumble cant play like Slash (comes damn close though).

Everyone plays different. NEWSFLASH: Its not about how fast you play, its about string notes together that sound pleasant to the ear. Slash is very good at that.

All you Slash haters should realize that Axl is performing Slash's music night in and out and should at least show some respect.

I am not a Slash hater nor am I talking about how fast you play as Buckethead and Bumblefoot can play slow too.

I am just saying some of Finck's solos and Buckethead's solo for Sorry are similar in style Slash can play as well as any guitarist with a similar background.

Bumble and Bucket can play with just as much feel as Slash.

Evryone always says Slash cant play CD solos. Which they dont know, wont ever know, and certainly cant back up with facts. If anyone has a tough time playing a piece of music, it is DJ Slashba, playing Slash's signature leads and posing like a maniac, every night were he plays the music and timeless hits of, Mr. Slash.

Slash is not a great guitarist. The ONLY PEOPLE who think he is are hardcore Guns N' Roses fans and 12 year olds. Everyone else, including most rock and metal fans, understand that he's average.

Probably true, I think he's starting to fade away. He may have been hot shit during the GN'R era but now he is starting to become washed up. When people today think of a great guitarist they think of Jack White.

Yeah, I know.

Slash is not a great guitarist. The ONLY PEOPLE who think he is are hardcore Guns N' Roses fans and 12 year olds. Everyone else, including most rock and metal fans, understand that he's average.

Slash isnt the greatest guitarist. That is very true. However, when we are talking about GNR and comparing GNR guitarists, he is the best fit, for GNR, and has WRITTEN the better back catalouge.

Great guitar soloing no doubt, I liked the intro on the leak way more though. The intro on the album is soooo fuckin gay

Great example of why over tweaking songs is not a good thing, just write your goddamn songs, record them, and move on! That's what rock n roll is

When people today think of a great guitarist they think of Jack White.

Yeah, I know.

It goes in cycles, sometimes megashredders are in fashion with music fans, sometimes the more back to basic dudes find favour with the listener. For every Alvin Lee, there's a B.B. King somewhere who is reaching just as many, if not more listeners, for every Yngwie there's a Kurt Cobain.

For every Buckethead, there's a Robin Finck :shrugs:

Sometimes on the same song.

Edited by moreblack

Slash isnt the greatest guitarist. That is very true. However, when we are talking about GNR and comparing GNR guitarists, he is the best fit, for GNR, and has WRITTEN the better back catalouge.

I agree, but I think it's silly for people to suggest that Slash is capable of playing everything Buckethead is capable of playing. Obviously Bucket hasn't produced the hits like Slash has, but his songs and solos clearly require a much higher amount of technique which Slash has never shown in his music.

Slash's latest album was a HUGE step back creatively, it's sad.

I think the biggest problems with Finck, Thal and Buckethead is that their ideas were overdeveloped by Axl's. I really hope the next album you hear more organic sounds from Ashba, Fortus and Thal. None of that comped shit.

Probably true, I think he's starting to fade away. He may have been hot shit during the GN'R era but now he is starting to become washed up. When people today think of a great guitarist they think of Jack White.

Yeah, I know.

Slash's new record has some really good riffs and solos. If anything, Ide say, Axl is starting to fade away, seeing as he has released one record in the last 18 years. :rofl-lol:

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Kurt Cobain was a better guitarist than Buckethead.

I'm not trolling, by the way.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

I think the biggest problems with Finck, Thal and Buckethead is that their ideas were overdeveloped by Axl's. I really hope the next album you hear more organic sounds from Ashba, Fortus and Thal. None of that comped shit.

That is my only real beef with CD. How can you call it a band effort, when Axl comped the solos. Thal, Bucket, and Fortus really didnt play any of that.....Axl used them like an MPC comped there solos and dropped it like Skillex. Yea, Im sure they feel part of the creative process, when what they record is flipped, chopped, and Axlfied.

Shut up. If you can write and play great riffs and solos, you're a great guitarist. If you're going to say Slash is not a great guitarist you might as well say Jimmy Page, Keith Richards, Pete Townsend, Joe Perry, and Jimi Hendrix are/were not great guitarists either.

Yeah, I know.

Slash's new record has some really good riffs and solos. If anything, Ide say, Axl is starting to fade away, seeing as he has released one record in the last 18 years. :rofl-lol:

Enough really good riffs and solos to sell an astonishing 35,000 copies in a week.

That's the entire population of Vestavia Hills, Alabama we're talking about here. Serious numbers.

Edited by bacardimayne

Shut up. If you can write and play great riffs and solos, you're a great guitarist. If you're going to say Slash is not a great guitarist you might as well say Jimmy Page, Keith Richards, Pete Townsend, Joe Perry, and Jimi Hendrix are/were not great guitarists either.

The differences between those guitarists and Slash is that those guitarists were innovative. Slash is really a combination of Joe Perry with Hendrix and Jimmy Page. He was really known for not trying to sound like Eddie Van Halen.

John Fruciante was more innovative than him.

Among guitar players (as proved by countless polls on other forums) Slash is about as liked as Ace Frehley, and both of them are less popular than Jimmy, Jimy and Keith.

The differences between those guitarists and Slash is that those guitarists were innovative. Slash is really a combination of Joe Perry with Hendrix and Jimmy Page. He was really known for not trying to sound like Eddie Van Halen.

John Fruciante was more innovative than him.

Comparing Slash to guitar gods like Jimmy Page and Jimi Hendrix is blasphemy. They created the template that he's been exploiting (and not innovating at all) since the first Snakepit album.

Frusciante is better than Slash in every conceivable way.