Could this line-up of GN'R put out one of the greatest rock albums of all time?

HB3

If you guys have no hope in this band then why do you continue to come to a forum dedicated to them? Do you just like to cupcake? It honestly makes no sense. We know you're bitter about a reunion never happening but why not just discuss that in the Original Guns section? It's okay to say you disagree with me about them putting out one of the greatest albums, but to relentlessly bash them and call them a joke just doesn't make any sense. If you hate them so much then stop posting in a forum that supports them.

Fuck off cupcake. Just because people say no to your stupid question doesn't necessarily mean that we are against the current line up. Are really that stupid? Fuck off again.

I'm very civil in my discussions about this band. Look at my other posts. I understand people have different tastes. I'm definitely not a cupcake. And I clearly said in the post you quoted that it's okay to disagree with me. Learn to read my friend.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys have no hope in this band then why do you continue to come to a forum dedicated to them? Do you just like to cupcake? It honestly makes no sense. We know you're bitter about a reunion never happening but why not just discuss that in the Original Guns section? It's okay to say you disagree with me about them putting out one of the greatest albums, but to relentlessly bash them and call them a joke just doesn't make any sense. If you hate them so much then stop posting in a forum that supports them.

Fuck off cupcake. Just because people say no to your stupid question doesn't necessarily mean that we are against the current line up. Are really that stupid? Fuck off again.

I'm very civil in my discussions about this band. Look at my other posts. I understand people have different tastes. I'm definitely not a cupcake. And I clearly said in the post you quoted that it's okay to disagree with me. Learn to read my friend.

If you guys have no hope in this band then why do you continue to come to a forum dedicated to them? Do you just like to cupcake? It honestly makes no sense. We know you're bitter about a reunion never happening but why not just discuss that in the Original Guns section?

If I need to learn how to read you clearly need to learn how to express your ideas in order to not sound like a total idiot. Just my opinion.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

When I joined this board, I joined as a fan of old GNR. I remained on the forum because of the community, the other sections. I am still a fan of the old line up more than anything. I wish CD wasn't released. Not only because it's an direct insult to the fans and the real GNR to release something as GNR with a band that clearly isn't GNR, but because I miss the mystic of CD. The leaks and rumours was always much more exciting than the actual album itself. I don't think I was the only one that was terribly disappointed with the result.

If you guys have no hope in this band then why do you continue to come to a forum dedicated to them? Do you just like to cupcake? It honestly makes no sense. We know you're bitter about a reunion never happening but why not just discuss that in the Original Guns section?

If I need to learn how to read you clearly need to learn how to express your ideas in order to not sound like a total idiot. Just my opinion.

You lose all credibility when you resort to name calling. But for future reference, how would you suggest I "clearly" express my ideas?

When I joined this board, I joined as a fan of old GNR. I remained on the forum because of the community, the other sections. I am still a fan of the old line up more than anything. I wish CD wasn't released. Not only because it's an direct insult to the fans and the real GNR to release something as GNR with a band that clearly isn't GNR, but because I miss the mystic of CD. The leaks and rumours was always much more exciting than the actual album itself. I don't think I was the only one that was terribly disappointed with the result.

I disagree with you on pretty much everything you said. But I can understand where you're coming from. I have an honest question though. Would you like Chinese Democracy more or less if it wasn't released under the GN'R name? And do you like this line-up less because they're under the name Guns N' Roses? Or do you genuinely dislike the music and the sound of the current members?

No.

Also I think it is likely that a new album will never come out. If it it does it will take a couple of years. And if the album remotely resembles that 'Blood in the Water' bollocks, GNR will be the subject of even more public ridicule.

No.

Also I think it is likely that a new album will never come out. If it it does it will take a couple of years. And if the album remotely resembles that 'Blood in the Water' bollocks, GNR will be the subject of even more public ridicule.

And to think some people said "OMG that sounds amazing!!!" :rofl-lol:

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I disagree with you on pretty much everything you said. But I can understand where you're coming from. I have an honest question though. Would you like Chinese Democracy more or less if it wasn't released under the GN'R name? And do you like this line-up less because they're under the name Guns N' Roses? Or do you genuinely dislike the music and the sound of the current members?

No, I wouldn't like the music any more. I'd appreciate it as an Axl album more if he released it with another name, but I don't really like most of the music. It's terribly dated to me, mixed badly and some songs just doesn't suit me at all. Overblow as hell. Just take a song like Catcher which is really had on the album for example. It was great live when it was an acoustic version of it. Take a song like If The World. If Axl had bothered to record decent vocals to it, with some rasp, it could have been a great song. Instead it turned out shit, in my opinion. Or just take The Blues and Madagascar, where the Mickey Mouse voice actually sounded good. Ironically, those two are two out of three songs or something which has got some kind of rasp and it doesn't even suit them. The Blues was terribly raped instrumentally as well, it was a lot better the first times it was played live. I am not ashamed to say that I like TIL, but there are things I think could have been so much better about it. Just a piano and Axl, as gay as that would have been, would have been better, in my opinion. The song CD got a great opening riff, but the rest of the song sucks. Rhiad was always shit and shouldn't have been released. Scraped sucks as well, although I will admit that I wouldn't have disliked it as much if it was done the same way it was live. Never liked TWAT, but can hear that there are some parts of it I wouldn't have minded if it was stripped down. Prostitutes just sucks. Never liked it. I like the solo in Sorry, but the song is just... boring. Good live, since Axl don't have to sing during it. Bah. Worst lyrics ever too.

Don't know if I forgot some song there, but that's my general feelings about the album. A re-recorded version of each song could have made the album a hundred times better. I don't really care who plays what, to be honest. If I like the music, I like it no matter who plays it.

Original line-up already did it.

and Lincoln was a great president too.

but moving on....

anything is possible, they are all talented musicians and could learn anything,

but the "one of the greatest rock albums of all time"?

that may be a stretch, no matter what Axl writes, theres some great stuff already out there, including UYI.

And I dont think you will get any musical genuis out of that posse

but it IS possible, the front man is in place

CD would have been better if there was less going on during many of the songs.

I still really like

IRS

Blues

Better

Catcher

Maddy

but i think (for my tastes) less would have been more, but what do i know.

No, Axl is a great songwriter but everyone else in the band are just good. Their music has no soul. Axl can't do it alone, he may be a good guitar player but without guys like Slash, Robin or Bucket, guitar will never sound so good in GnR again. The 3 current players have a crappy tone and DJ is so average that I hope he contributes only with rhythm parts, no leads.