If Axl were to start writing an album from scratch, what do you think his lyrics would be about?

Randy Lahey

If Axl were to start writing an album from scratch, what do you think his lyrics would be about? CD seemed to be mostly about overcoming old girlfriends and old band mates, but Axl's lived a lot of life since the 90's. I could see him perhaps writing a sort of concept album about the internet.

Edited by Randy Lahey

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannibalism has been in the news a lot lately. Maybe he can write a song about that, using his cannibal gear in place of the cowbell.

Also, I think I've decided on my preferred new album title: Square Melon

But if he did write a concept album about the internet, there would have to be a song called "MSL".

i think it would be about the anger of spending a decade of his life recording multiple albums and then scrapping them because some nerds wanted the album to be made from scratch with DJ.

Maybe it'll be about spending a decade of his life recording multiple albums that the record company have no intention of releasing because they don't have Slash on them.

This forum

I think he could probably squeeze an album out of this forum. It must be rather weird for him to read our perspectives on every minute aspect of his life.

Edited by Randy Lahey

If Axl were to start writing an album from scratch, what do you think his lyrics would be about? CD seemed to be mostly about overcoming old girlfriends and old band mates, but Axl's lived a lot of life since the 90's. I could see him perhaps writing a sort of concept album about the internet.

I'm not just being snarky here, I genuinely believe it would still be about overcoming the same old girlfriends and band mates. :shrugs:

I'm not just being snarky here, I genuinely believe it would still be about overcoming the same old girlfriends and band mates. :shrugs:

You really don't think the supposed trilogy of albums he recorded in the CD era was enough for Axl?

You really don't think the supposed trilogy of albums he recorded in the CD era was enough for Axl?

I'm slightly skeptical about the supposed trilogy...but no, there could be ten CD era records, I still think he'd be banging on about the same people (and possibly some new ones) being out to get him. <_<

Guns n' Roses

The Internet - A Rock Opera

A Trilogy in 12 Parts

1. Zodiac - In Which Our Humble Narrator Accidentally Stumbles Across GNFNR While Depressed and on Mushrooms

2. MSL (Chinese Zip Drive Remix)

3. Never Said It, Didn't Happen

4. The Internet is a Big Garbage Can (featuring Luciano Pavarotti)

5. The Truth About Slash (A Poem)

6. Control Alt Delete

7. Your False Sense of Entitlement (Does Not Dictate My Actions)

8. My Account Was Hacked (Seriously)

9. Madison's Revenge

10. Downloading Motherfuckers (featuring Nas)

11. To Aviod Any

12. The Honour of Thieves

Bonus Track: Stay Away From Microwaves (Doin' Donuts Remix featuring Izzy Stradlin)

Edited by axlsalinger

Guns n' Roses

The Internet - A Rock Opera

A Trilogy in 12 Parts

1. Zodiac - In Which Our Humble Narrator Accidentally Stumbles Across GNFNR While Depressed and on Mushrooms

2. MSL (Chinese Zip Drive Remix)

3. Never Said It, Didn't Happen

4. The Internet is a Big Garbage Can (featuring Luciano Pavarotti)

5. The Truth About Slash (A Poem)

6. Control Alt Delete

7. Your False Sense of Entitlement (Does Not Dictate My Actions)

8. My Account Was Hacked (Seriously)

9. Madison's Revenge

10. Downloading Motherfuckers (featuring Nas)

11. To Aviod Any

12. The Honour of Thieves

Bonus Track: Stay Away From Microwaves (Doin' Donuts Remix featuring Izzy Stradlin)

:thumbsup: