Do you expect Axl to be honest in his autobiography?

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I don't doubt Axl's truthfulness. However when it comes to some of the most talked-about topics in gnr land, people like Alan Niven and Doug Goldstein factor in heavily for ascertaining the entire scope of certain goings on.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll be honest, I mean he usually is honest about whatever is on his mind so my guess is he'd be in his book also.

Like Duff said in his book, his truth may vary from the rest of the people who were there cause he might've experienced it differently than them, but that it was his truth and story. I think that was a good way of putting it.

Ha, great AV!!:heart: v. cool

Oops, off topic :ph34r:

Apparenty MSL has a copy of Axl's autobiography or something?

MSL says alot of things. (still waiting for the giant leak from him febuary 2011)

Axl has apparently said somewhere. Can't remember the source but I would imagine Sebastian Bach to be the source. Axl has something like 10 000 words or something written.

But on topic I would imagin him telling the truth about things. There is no reason for him to lie, because like most people, clouded by himself. What I mean by that is that he does not percive his actions as bad, or negative towards others. There are very few genuin evil people out there. People who with intent go out and hurt other people. Most people do bad things, but reasons with themselves as why they did them. It's like Hitler probably though highly of himself and his actions. Thinking that he had restored the natural order of things where the Arien rase was on top, as it should be according to him. The same with Anders Behring Breivik, the anti islamic mass murder in Norway. He thinks that he with his actions might have saved Norway from becoming an islamic state. Does that justify his actions, no but it is interesting because it gives us and insight into the mind and thoughs that made him do those horrible things.

Compared to these two cases Axl would sure come of as a saint. The reason for the comparison was to highlight the fact that most men think of themselves as good men (and women). What is interesting is two things. What their actions are and how they resonate with the world around them, and how they think about the world around them. It's the last part there that makes an Axl autobiography so tempting to read. We know how the world veiws him, we know how we percive him, but we do not know how he sees the world.

As they say, there are three sides to every story; yours, mine and the facts. I expect an autobiography written by Axl to be brutally honest but would I take it to be a book full of facts? Not a chance. No piece of literature penned from one man's perspective can be taken as the whole truth.

But if such a thing was ever to be released I'm sure it would make for a very interesting read. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for one because Axl is a fascinating individual and it would be cool to read about things from his perspective.

Edited by KiraMPD

He'll be honest, I mean he usually is honest about whatever is on his mind so my guess is he'd be in his book also.

Like Duff said in his book, his truth may vary from the rest of the people who were there cause he might've experienced it differently than them, but that it was his truth and story. I think that was a good way of putting it.

Ha, great AV!!:heart: v. cool

Oops, off topic :ph34r:

Thank you! :)

Writing and releasing an autobiography is typically for people who want to create or manipulate the public's perception of themselves (not to mention cash in on their fame). Axl really doesn't care. He certainly doesn't care enough to write one AND lie and invent things that didn't happen. To me, it doesn't seems like he cares enough to be dishonest. Slash clearly does. Duff as well. Steven just wanted to bank.

If Axl released his autobiography, would you be confident he is telling the truth?

In Axl's mind he'd probably think he was being honest but I imagine it might be a little er... different to the reality. I love Axl to death but he seems to live in his own bubble with his own ideals and logic that only make sense to him.

I for one am DYING to read it. I would honestly take a day off work and read the whole thing right away.

I think if he took to writing a book on his life, he'd prob. have to ask a bunch of people what they remember at the time. If you read Keith Richards' book, along the lines of what he did...

Maybe in 15-20 years. Not at 50.

I never doubted Axl's sincerity in anything.

What I do sometimes question is his perception of reality.

But yes, I would read the living crap out of this book. Can't wait for it to come out!

You hit the nail on the head.

I think he would be 100% honest in his interpretation of what has happened. But.....his perception of reality is rarely the same as everybody elses.

I still love the quote where he is asked about a new album, and Axl stumbles over it and says that fans always ask for a new album and he says something like "Ya, but what exactly does that mean?".......It means that YOUR fans would love to have you put out new music. Simple as that! Maybe he just over analysis everything to death?

Also, I would really hope that Beta or Del or somebody that Axl trusts would be able to help Axl edit the book/stories, so it wasn't 500 pages of Slash is evil, producers are evil, everything that has ever happened is everybody else's fault, everybody is out to get me. Because that book would get crucified if ever released.

But like I said in another thread.

Release the book, the CD leftovers, the new album, the remix album and a concert DVD as a GnR Box Set. Slap a $100 price tag on it and that would shut up 90% of the "haters" and would give all the die-hard fans an amazing gift. Plus make the band and label a ton of money. Everybody wins.

If Axl released his autobiography, would you be confident he is telling the truth?

In Axl's mind he'd probably think he was being honest but I imagine it might be a little er... different to the reality. I love Axl to death but he seems to live in his own bubble with his own ideals and logic that only make sense to him.

I for one am DYING to read it. I would honestly take a day off work and read the whole thing right away.

it would be written so cryptically there'd be thousands of interpretations of it

I feel the same way, it would be "his truth" so to speak.

I feel the same way, it would be "his truth" so to speak.

He could title it "W.A.R.-Lies...and other GnR Stories".

It's only going to take you a day to read a 1200+ page book? LOL.

IF Axl ever released an autobiography about his life in & out of GN'R it'll be more than just a memoir. It'd be 600 pages of venom followed by a 600+ page dissertation on what's wrong with the world, rock and roll, and life in general.