New interview / Dizzy, DJ & Tommy

Silent Jay

interviewer was incredibly awkward, and i don't think he knew that these guys weren't original gunners - which made some of the questions even more awkward (mentioning how they joined 30 years ago, asking if they envisioned the band lasting so long, etc.). still cool to see these guys actually doing interviews though.

interviewer was incredibly awkward, and i don't think he knew that these guys weren't original gunners - which made some of the questions even more awkward (mentioning how they joined 30 years ago, asking if they envisioned the band lasting so long, etc.). still cool to see these guys actually doing interviews though.

That is true, however the interviews would hold more merit if Axl were to join his band in the actual interview. It would give much more credence that this is actually a band rather than a group of session/touring musicians.

i think there are more important steps axl could take to give that impression. doing group interviews is at the bottom of the list if only because axl often did interviews separate from the other bandmembers since the late '80s -- i guess the difference back then is that when slash and duff did their interviews separate from axl they were famous enough that it carried more weight, whereas when axl isn't sitting next to DJ and Dizzy most people would be like, "who the hell are these guys?"

the new band not being given the full opportunity to be presented to people as a band has been the biggest problem with 'nuguns' since the beginning, and it's almost now too late to rectify the situation. if axl had done some group photoshoots and made sure the new guys got press interviews, etc. back from 1999 - 2002 and focused more on revealing about the recording of their new album i think things would be a lil' different today.

DJ is just... yeah.

I've never seen Dizzy interviewed, as in seen video. He seems like a perfectly nice guy who appreciates his lot in life. Tommy is awesome as always.

As far as new music, I wanna hear the CD leftovers first, then nothing with DJ ashba.

i think when the guy asked them if 'all members' would be on the album, tommy and dizzy thought he said 'old members.' found their reactions pretty funny. even after the guy clarified, i still don't think they understood him properly because his english was so bad, and tommy was a little curt with him.

Haha, funny how vague they are on the next release. They do say it's going to be a "melting pot" and that every band member will be featured, so I guess we won't hear untouched Bucket/Robin/Brain material anytime soon.

it doesn't mean that they will be re-recording/overdub on bucket/fincks material, all the current band members could write and record just 1 song on the next album and not do any other thing to the previous songs, and that statement will still be accurate.

The thing is we DONT know what will happen on the next album.

Truth there Gunns,jumping to conclusions will be mygnrforum's sport at the olympics :thumbsup:

Still only guessing. And it's not a far-fetched guess considering what happened to Chinese Democracy.

All the members(at the time) featured on Chidem(Ron played rhythm on every track) and the tracks STILL consisted of primarily Bucket/Finck/Brain material.

I am confused. I didn't say I guessed there wouldn't be Bucket/Brain/Robin material, I said UNTOUCHED Bucket/Brain/Robin material.

Ahhh but no one assumed it would be untouched, even Chidem was not untouched. Right down to the backing riffs on the oldest song on there, TIL(which were added in by Ron). I do see the discrepancy in what you said though.

I am afraid some guys are still hoping for untouched material from those guys :/.

Personally I believe the next record will contain some old songs (perhaps co-written by Bucket/Robin) featuring the current lineup, and some new songs written and wholly performed by the current lineup.

May very well be the case, we do not know. However I ASSUME it will be the recorded tracks that were written during 1999-2004 as Axl said they has 32 tracks almost done in 2006(14 appeared on the record). I do not think the label would be dying to give big studio time to Guns after the Axl MIA debacle during Chidem's release so the band can record entirely new songs. Just my assumption anyway.

Perhaps just the new Dj solos will be included as instrumentals? I don't think they need "big studio time", them seem to be able to work in studios using home studios and less expensive places.

Just dosent feels right with this guys being interviewed as Guns N Roses. :nervous:

Dizzy and Tommy have been in GN'R for 22 and 15 years, respectively. I didn't consider Dizzy part of GN'R back in the early 90s, but after a couple of years I accepted reality. Same with Tommy. Now they are more GN'R than anyone else besides Axl.

Just dosent feels right with this guys being interviewed as Guns N Roses. :nervous:

Dizzy and Tommy have been in GN'R for 22 and 15 years, respectively. I didn't consider Dizzy part of GN'R back in the early 90s, but after a couple of years I accepted reality. Same with Tommy. Now they are more GN'R than anyone else besides Axl.

It's not really about who has been there longer. Might as well count who has been the guitarist/bassist/drummer on most of the released GN'R material then..

There is only one GN'R. No matter how long any of these remain members.

They're great and all. I look forward to anything they may release, but they're still the New GN'R.

Edited by Jeez

There is only one GN'R.

Err, no. Guns N' Roses is a band that has had at least a dozen different lineups, some famous, like the AFD and UYI touring lineups, some much less known, like intermediary lineups during the late 90s. But they are all part of GN'R.