New interview / Dizzy, DJ & Tommy

Silent Jay

Haha, funny how vague they are on the next release. They do say it's going to be a "melting pot" and that every band member will be featured, so I guess we won't hear untouched Bucket/Robin/Brain material anytime soon.

I'll believe that when I hear the record.

Guest Gunns

Haha, funny how vague they are on the next release. They do say it's going to be a "melting pot" and that every band member will be featured, so I guess we won't hear untouched Bucket/Robin/Brain material anytime soon.

it doesn't mean that they will be re-recording/overdub on bucket/fincks material, all the current band members could write and record just 1 song on the next album and not do any other thing to the previous songs, and that statement will still be accurate.

The thing is we DONT know what will happen on the next album.

Edited by Gunns

it doesn't mean that they will be re-recording/overdub on bucket/fincks material, all the current band members could write and record just 1 song on the next album and not do any other thing to the previous songs, and that statement will still be accurate.

Truth there Gunns,jumping to conclusions will be mygnrforum's sport at the olympics :thumbsup:

Truth there Gunns,jumping to conclusions will be mygnrforum's sport at the olympics :thumbsup:

Still only guessing. And it's not a far-fetched guess considering what happened to Chinese Democracy.

Edited by SoulMonster

Still only guessing. And it's not a far-fetched guess considering what happened to Chinese Democracy.

All the members(at the time) featured on Chidem(Ron played rhythm on every track) and the tracks STILL consisted of primarily Bucket/Finck/Brain material.

Edited by Young_Gun

All the members(at the time) featured on Chidem(Ron played rhythm on every track) and the tracks STILL consisted of primarily Bucket/Finck/Brain material.

I am confused. I didn't say I guessed there wouldn't be Bucket/Brain/Robin material, I said UNTOUCHED Bucket/Brain/Robin material.

I am confused. I didn't say I guessed there wouldn't be Bucket/Brain/Robin material, I said UNTOUCHED Bucket/Brain/Robin material.

Ahhh but no one assumed it would be untouched, even Chidem was not untouched. Right down to the backing riffs on the oldest song on there, TIL(which were added in by Ron). I do see the discrepancy in what you said though.

Ahhh but no one assumed it would be untouched, even Chidem was not untouched. Right down to the backing riffs on the oldest song on there, TIL(which were added in by Ron). I do see the discrepancy in what you said though.

I am afraid some guys are still hoping for untouched material from those guys :/.

Personally I believe the next record will contain some old songs (perhaps co-written by Bucket/Robin) featuring the current lineup, and some new songs written and wholly performed by the current lineup.

Nice find.

The interviewer was a bit awkward to listen to though.

I love how the band do the generic "we love being here, so beautiful", then DJ comes in and says the same thing like its rehearsed for every city ;) - Does look a nice place though.

worth watching? any interesting bit about a future release?

Same old crap. They get squirmy when asked about new music.

DJ shows up and is more like looking and talking to Dizzy and Tommy instead of the interviewer.

I get a weird vibe from that guy.

Jesus, could they have picked a more awkward guy to do the interview??? Surely there was someone that spoke better English. He would've done better with an interpreter. I think it's stupid how people somehow expect revelations to be made in these interviews. Do you really think Tommy and Dizzy are going to magically go into great detail about the track listing of the next album, or go into detail about 'The General'?? These are powder puff pieces, meant to get publicity for the local show. They all say the same exact stuff in every city, kinda like how almost every band says "wow, this is the best crowd so far". Duh...

I am afraid some guys are still hoping for untouched material from those guys :/.

Personally I believe the next record will contain some old songs (perhaps co-written by Bucket/Robin) featuring the current lineup, and some new songs written and wholly performed by the current lineup.

May very well be the case, we do not know. However I ASSUME it will be the recorded tracks that were written during 1999-2004 as Axl said they has 32 tracks almost done in 2006(14 appeared on the record). I do not think the label would be dying to give big studio time to Guns after the Axl MIA debacle during Chidem's release so the band can record entirely new songs. Just my assumption anyway.