SLASH - Apocalyptic Love

vaida

At last I have it!

I gave up on HMV always being out of stock and ordered it online via Amazon. Decided to go for the deluxe version, otherwise I’d only end up regretting it, besides, what’s a couple of extra quid.

I'm off to listen to the album!

Edited by vaida

You're a Lie and Anastasia are great tracks.

I'm going to have to play the album in the car to form better views.

It takes a while to get into any album.

First impressions are, the previous Slash album was better. That said, this album is all Myles, so I just it's more consistent.

Must check out the bonus DVD.

Of all the Slash albums, this one has the best cover. 10/10 for the cover art. I also loved the original cover to the 1st Slash Snakepit album (the one with the snake on it).

I like Myles voice, where as I was not so keen on some of the vocals on some of the tracks on the previous album. + points for this :thumbsup:

Edited by vaida

You're a Lie and Anastasia are great tracks.

I'm going to have to play the album in the car to form better views.

It takes a while to get into any album.

First impressions are, the previous Slash album was better. That said, this album is all Myles, so I just it's more consistent.

Must check out the bonus DVD.

This was my thought a few months ago. I loved the first Slash album. But now, this one is tied, or maybe a very close second. It took awhile for this one to grow on me, but now I genuinely love almost every track. I suggest loud car listens and rock out to this one. Not for everyone, but definitely hooked me after awhile. My favorite tracks are the title track, One Last Thrill, Halo, Hard & Fast, and Shots Fired. Since I've gotten into the album, I've bought tickets to another Slash show (my 5th) which I swore I wouldn't do. I now like the album THAT much. Enjoy listening.

Also, its incredibly clear that Myles is the MVP on this album. Awesome, amazing, fantastic job on his part. The band is just so fucking solid. Give me 4 or 5 guys playing rock and roll any day of the week to a large backing band.

Edited by gunsfanoldie

The album is generic imo. I like anastasia tho. Slash is still a great live guitarist, but I just wish he was more ambitious with his studio output.

I think Slash likes to be productive. Many guitarists do. I'd rather they put out lots of music in hope that each time the listener will find atleast 3 good tracks on each album. The same applies to Buckethead, he just puts out and out and out, of all the tracks he creates, every now and and them, he creates a gem, and its those gems that go on to be performed live.

Not For Me is the 3rd track I'm liking already.

The album is generic imo. I like anastasia tho. Slash is still a great live guitarist, but I just wish he was more ambitious with his studio output.

I think Slash likes to be productive. Many guitarists do. I'd rather they put out lots of music in hope that each time the listener will find atleast 3 good tracks on each album. The same applies to Buckethead, he just puts out and out and out, of all the tracks he creates, every now and and them, he creates a gem, and its those gems that go on to be performed live.

Not For Me is the 3rd track I'm liking already.

It's Slash tho.... I expect more of him. 3 songs you say? idk... seems like low standards to me. This is the same guy who wrote amazing solos and riffs. Don't get me wrong... I'm still a huge Slash fan, I just think he can do much better. Doesn't mean it will take years, just aim higher.

Edited by Rovim

Really dig the fresh sound of "We Will Roam" (Love the guitar solo), "No More Heroes" and "Standing in the Sun." Also "Carolina" is a badass tune too, it has a Stevie Wonder/Bad Company vibe. It's a solid album. These songs were meant to be heard live. So go check them out if you get the chance. Great group of guys, not just a Slash solo project but a legit band. A couple songs sound like GNR Lies material, especially "Hard and Fast." I might get slack for this but I think "You're a Lie," sounds a lot like newer Guns stuff.

At last I have it!

I gave up on HMV always being out of stock and ordered it online via Amazon. Decided to go for the deluxe version, otherwise I’d only end up regretting it, besides, what’s a couple of extra quid.

Just saw the deluxe version yesterday on sale for $19.99 and noticed it includes a shirt, anybody got a pic of the shirt or can at least describe it?

At last I have it!

Just saw the deluxe version yesterday on sale for $19.99 and noticed it includes a shirt, anybody got a pic of the shirt or can at least describe it?

You can see the shirt here: https://www.slashmerch.com/deluxe2012.cfm

The shirt itself is not included with the box set. You have to redeem a code, and pay shipping.

It's a cool-looking shirt -- white tee, with black and silver inks.

At last I have it!

The shirt itself is not included with the box set. You have to redeem a code, and pay shipping.

Just got mine in the mail a few days ago..looks good! :devilshades:

At last I have it!

Thanks guys, I'll go buy it this week. FYE at Holyoke Mall :)

• 2 weeks later...

At last I have it!

I cannot fucking believe how fast I got my shirt. I ordered it last Saturday, selected the cheapest shipping method (First Class Mail), it said allow 6-8 weeks for processing, and I got it yesterday. Now THAT is how fans SHOULD be treated, what a difference from the Ground Control clusterfuck.

• 5 weeks later...

Carolina, i'm surprized this is a bonus track, as it's one of the better tracks on the album. Love *that* effect, the same effect he once used during the UYI tour.

I think most musicians have figured out that if they're going to sell a "deluxe" edition, at least one of the bonus songs has to be a really good one. Carolina was a big reason why I bought the deluxe edition of Apocalyptic, just like "What Do You Want From Me" was the main reason I bought the deluxe edition of Lenny's Black & White America.