Get In The Ring

curmudgeonrose

I love over the top ridiculous stuff, so I really like Get in the Ring. Got the rant memorized. Even the opening guitar riff is over the top and corny, it's great. It'd be awesome to play one night.

I love over the top ridiculous stuff, so I really like Get in the Ring. Got the rant memorized. Even the opening guitar riff is over the top and corny, it's great. It'd be awesome to play one night.

You know what, I totally agree!

Would be a good one to do live now a days, if they replaced the rant about mick wall sucking his dick with something more relevant to now.

How about: Suck my dick RNRHOF!

Or "Charlie Sheen, Tommy Hilfiger, Slash, Fuck you! Suck my fuckin' dick!"

That'd be funny to see him talk more shit from a distance. Nothing defines badass more than telling someone to suck your dick from a distance when on 2 occasions he could have done so face to face.

He should let the internet name calling fit badass phase die down a little before blowing the wad in another rant. Let it remain the ace in the hole for now.

Edited by Rustycage

When the UYIs were released my level of English was pretty low but I remember how excited I was when I knew what "I don´t like you, I just hate you, I¨m gonna kick your ass...oh yeah" meant in Spanish. I even tried to learn the whole speech by heart but I didn´t succeed :laugh:

did axl ever get around to actually fighting anyone he threatened in that song?

No, but Bob Guccione Jr agreed to a fight and Axl shat his pants. :lol:

SHIT IN THE RING! SHIT IN THE RING! SHIT IN THE RING!

did axl ever get around to actually fighting anyone he threatened in that song?

No, but Bob Guccione Jr agreed to a fight and Axl shat his pants. :lol:

SHIT IN THE RING! SHIT IN THE RING! SHIT IN THE RING!

Shortly after Use Your Illusion II's release, Bob Guccione Jr. sent a letter to Axl Rose accepting his challenge, leaving it up to the singer to name the time, place and ring which would be gotten into. Axl never responded, in all likelihood after finding out Guccione Jr. had nine years of fight training, while Axl's own combat experience was limited to punching unruly fans as they were being dragged away by security guards. Nobody knows for sure if Axl curled up in his bathroom with the letter and heaved childlike sobs into his chest while praying to all possible deities for protection and wetting himself, so we'll just have to assume he did.

:lol:

Edited by Dazey

I read somewhere that it was Slash's fault that Axl ranted on Get in The Ring.

I hope it was! If I was Slash I'd have been pissing myself over it all! :lol:

Haha, he probably was, for sure. :rofl-lol:

(Still a great sing though)

It isn't Slash's fault or anyone else's. Half the time the argument is that Axl is so stubborn no one can make him do something against his will. I will believe, however, that the other guys thought it was hilarious and encouraged him to keep on with it and leave it on the record.

It does sound a little dated now, especially the Slash bit at the end (I kind of cringe whenever I hear that) but I love hearing Axl say "Fuck you, suck my fucking dick". He must be the only one out there who can get away with it.