Gunman shot dead 10 people at dark night premiere

Guest Gunns

Do you think gun laws in America are appropriate or too lax and allow this sort of thing to happen? When gun laws have been tightened there are less of these incidents happening, people say they keep guns to protect themselves but this shows that it just doesn't work.

Tightening of gun laws in the US would never happen and would make little to no difference even if it did. In my opinion strict gun laws are a good idea but they just wouldn't work in the US, they've gone too far down that road now to turn back and it's just far too deeply ingrained in the psyche.

Edited by Dazey

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think gun laws in America are appropriate or too lax and allow this sort of thing to happen? When gun laws have been tightened there are less of these incidents happening, people say they keep guns to protect themselves but this shows that it just doesn't work.

Tightening of gun laws in the US would never happen and would make little to no difference even if it did.

We had very slack gun laws here until someone killed 35 people one afternoon & the Govt had a buy back scheme. All illegal guns were handed in without anyone being charged for having them, many high powered guns became illegal to own & although the shooters complained about it (and still do), we haven't had a mass shooting to my knowledge since that day in 1996.

I understand not everyone should be punished for the bad eggs but people's safety is more important.

Edited by rock4eva

Guest Len B'stard

Tightening of gun laws in the US would never happen and would make little to no difference even if it did. In my opinion strict gun laws are a good idea but they just wouldn't work in the US, they've gone too far down that road now to turn back and it's just far too deeply ingrained in the psyche.

And why should they man, shooters don't kill people, it's the cocks on the other end of em that kill people. Guns ain't whats making people mental.

Tightening of gun laws in the US would never happen and would make little to no difference even if it did.

We had very slack gun laws here until someone killed 35 people one afternoon & the Govt had a buy back scheme. All illegal guns were handed in without anyone being charged for having them, many high powered guns became illegal to own & although the shooters complained about it (and still do), we haven't had a mass shooting to my knowledge since that day in 1986.

I understand not everyone should be punished for the bad eggs but people's safety is more important.

Where are you from sweetheart? :)

Guest Len B'stard

We had very slack gun laws here until someone killed 35 people one afternoon & the Govt had a buy back scheme. All illegal guns were handed in without anyone being charged for having them, many high powered guns became illegal to own & although the shooters complained about it (and still do), we haven't had a mass shooting to my knowledge since that day in 1986.

Sounds like our ends, Dunblane or somethin...cuz they had the gun amnesty, didn't they?

Edited by sugaraylen

Australia - I know people still get them illegally & don't buy the theory that "guns don't kill, people kill" - this person wouldn't have walked into the cinema with a knife & killed so many before being overpowered. However with a gun everyone ducks for cover & nobody is going to tackle someone holding such a lethal weapon. Happens all too often in the USA sad to say.

Guest Len B'stard

Australia - I know people still get them illegally & don't buy the theory that "guns don't kill, people kill" - this person wouldn't have walked into the cinema with a knife & killed so many before being overpowered. However with a gun everyone ducks for cover & nobody is going to tackle someone holding such a lethal weapon. Happens all too often in the USA sad to say.

Right so he could've used a bomb, no?

Sounds like our ends, Dunblane or somethin...cuz they had the gun amnesty, didn't they?

It wasn't long after Dunblane, in fact the people of Dunblane came over to support the victims & families when this happened. That was a shocker too, without a gun that couldn't have happened.

I wasn't aware they had tightening of gun laws after that - has it been a success do you think?

Guest Len B'stard

It wasn't long after Dunblane, in fact the people of Dunblane came over to support the victims & families when this happened. That was a shocker too, without a gun that couldn't have happened.

I wasn't aware they had tightening of gun laws after that - has it been a success do you think?

Definitely, at least for a generation or so but things are changing now, it's not difficult getting hold of a gun around these parts...i'm not sure i could REALLY say there was a difference cuz it was never like the OK Corral over here but, y'know, there's definitely an effect.

No, because if he wanted to use a bomb he would have used a bomb. This person is intellectually disabled & wouldn't have had the intelligence to build a bomb & as far as I know you can't walk into a bomb shop & buy them!!

The man in Dunblane didn't use a bomb either, he used a gun. Anyone can own a gun but to obtain a bomb would be much more difficult & would raise suspicion.

Guest Len B'stard

No, because if he wanted to use a bomb he would have used a bomb. This person is intellectually disabled & wouldn't have had the intelligence to build a bomb & as far as I know you can't walk into a bomb shop & buy them!!

The man in Dunblane didn't use a bomb either, he used a gun. Anyone can own a gun but to obtain a bomb would be much more difficult & would raise suspicion.

It's easier to make a homemade bomb than to buy a gun, although with a beard and Khan for a second name i probably shouldn't be saying stuff like that :lol:

Buying a gun leaves a trail and although buying the equipment for a bomb CAN raise eyebrows there's ways to do it if you got an ounce of suss, look at the 7/7 Bombers or that mental fuckin' Copeland if anyone remembers him. Not the bloke from The Police :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

I always think of it in the same way as the US attitude towards universal healthcare. It's un American basically. Guns are a massive part of US culture dating back to frontier times and you'll never pass anything that curtails second amendment rights. I mean isn't the entire justification behind the second amendment to be able to overthrow a government that tries to take away your freedoms? Basically I'm from the UK and following Hungerford and Dunblane we effectively went from allowing ownership of pretty much anything shy of assault weapons to a near complete ban on all firearm ownership. Now people pissed and moaned and had a go about it but that was pretty much that and I'm actually quite pleased to live in a country where people don't feel the need to have an assault rifle under the bed and a rocket launcher in the closet.

Now think about that and imagine somebody trying to pass a similar law in the US? Hahaha! Fuck me there'd be militia marching down Pennsylvania Ave by the end of the week! It's just a totally different culture than any other civilised country in the world and they will not give up the guns no matter what the government says. To be honest it makes more sense in a place like the US cos hunting and wotnot in those vast expanses of land is so much more viable. It's not like somebody keeping 3 AK's and a couple M16's in an airing cupboard in Clacton to ward off the local smackheads.

It's easier to make a homemade bomb than to buy a gun, although with a beard and Khan for a second name i probably shouldn't be saying stuff like that :lol:

No it fucking isn't you soppy tart! Well at least it wasn't a while back.

Buying a gun leaves a trail and although buying the equipment for a bomb CAN raise eyebrows there's ways to do it if you got an ounce of suss, look at the 7/7 Bombers or that mental fuckin' Copeland if anyone remembers him. Not the bloke from The Police :lol:

What's leaving a trail got to do with it? Surely the trail you leave buying bomb making materials is going to be a bigger issue than buying a gun?

Yes with technology updating so much I guess it's becoming so much easier now to build bombs - the 7/7 bombers were terrorists though, not your average person who had a fight with someone & decides to do away with people cos he's angry. Not familiar with Copeland.

Khan for a second name? Why don't you change it by deedpoll to maybe...Hank? Same letters ;)

Oh the papertrail? Laws were so slack here there was no paper trail & the person who owned the shop that supposedly sold the gun denies he sold it. There was no paperwork to prove he did or didn't.

Edited by rock4eva

Guest Len B'stard
I always think of it in the same way as the US attitude towards universal healthcare. It's un American basically. Guns are a massive part of US culture dating back to frontier times and you'll never pass anything that curtails second amendment rights. I mean isn't the entire justification behind the second amendment to be able to overthrow a government that tries to take away your freedoms? Basically I'm from the UK and following Hungerford and Dunblane we effectively went from allowing ownership of pretty much anything shy of assault weapons to a near complete ban on all firearm ownership. Now people pissed and moaned and had a go about it but that was pretty much that and I'm actually quite pleased to live in a country where people don't feel the need to have an assault rifle under the bed and a rocket launcher in the closet.

It's about freedom of choice though and not treating the public like a bunch of mongs. Some people genuinely like shooters, i like shooters, if they were legal i'd have a ton, i literally love em, your double barrells, like Greener and Holland and Holland for hunting and your fuckin handguns and all of that, they're wonderful, they're not like, y'know, the preserve of ticking timebombs, hunting is a fuckin' gentlemans pasttime.

And also, i agree with the idea of defending your land, fair play to the USA man, if you're in your house and some cunts trying to break their way in and you gotta protect you and your family, all the John Lennon mularkey is all real cute but given the choice i'd rather be armed with a massive fuckin' tasty lookin' Desert Eagle than like, y'know, a glass of milk and a socially concious lecture.

It's about freedom of choice though and not treating the public like a bunch of mongs. Some people genuinely like shooters, i like shooters, if they were legal i'd have a ton, i literally love em, your double barrells, like Greener and Holland and Holland for hunting and your fuckin handguns and all of that, they're wonderful, they're not like, y'know, the preserve of ticking timebombs, hunting is a fuckin' gentlemans pasttime.

Yeah but there's not much huntin' to be had on a council estate in Hackney! :P

And also, i agree with the idea of defending your land, fair play to the USA man, if you're in your house and some cunts trying to break their way in and you gotta protect you and your family, all the John Lennon mularkey is all real cute but given the choice i'd rather be armed with a massive fuckin' tasty lookin' Desert Eagle than like, y'know, a glass of milk and a socially concious lecture.

I totally agree with defending your land/property. Too many crazy people out there. I have a shotgun and handgun , ready to protect my family.

Ok but these people in the cinema didn't have someone breaking into their homes, so even owning guns didn't save their lives as they were caught out in a situation where they didn't expect to be shot. Imagine if they all had guns on them & they started shooting back - they'd be killing innocent people too.

I was in the UK during Hungerford, even he couldn't have done what he did with a bomb unless he made stacks of them.

I really don't know what the answer is, I don't think anyone does.

I totally agree with defending your land/property. Too many crazy people out there. I have a shotgun and handgun , ready to protect my family.

What if you were overpowered and your weapons were used against you & your family? If someone was holding a gun to your child's head & told you to hand over your guns what would you do - take the risk of losing your child by shooting them or hand over your weapons? I really hope you never face this situation by the way, is it legal to own those guns where you are?

Guest Len B'stard

Course it is! I dunno exactly how it's fuckin done cuz i ain't Martin McGuiness but uh :lol:, yeah, what they use like perfume and...y'know, all these fuckin chemicals and that, these lads download some next fuckin' handbook from the internet and it shows you how to make em using like, common household matierials. If i'm not mistaken Copelands nail bombs were shit like that.

What's leaving a trail got to do with it? Surely the trail you leave buying bomb making materials is going to be a bigger issue than buying a gun?

Well what i was saying was in response to rock4eva saying it was easier to buy a gun than make a bomb so i was kinda comparing the two and how, yeah each leaves a trail but if you're buying like...seperate non-offensive type shit from, a hardware store like a fuckload of nails or a load of perfume (which would be proper bait, thinkin' about it :lol:) but like, y'know, it's easier than just going out and finding someone who can get you a gun and blah blah blah, how many people you gotta go through not knowing who each one is and how on the level they are, presumably it'd be easier just to go to three of four normal unsuspicious inoffensive type shopping placing like a fuckin' garden centre or somewhere that does building matierials or whatever. Yeah it'd leave a trail but it's like, y'know, seperate purchases of kinda inoffensive stuff on it's own so y'know, it's harder to pick up the slack.

Yes with technology updating so much I guess it's becoming so much easier now to build bombs - the 7/7 bombers were terrorists though, not your average person who had a fight with someone & decides to do away with people cos he's angry.

See this is where i think you're confused a bit, these bombs that people like the 7/7 terrorists make, they ain't some huge technologically advanced fuckin' things from what i can gather, they're pretty fuckin' cack-handed homemade haphazard type things, those terrorists, they ARE your average person, the muslim ones,...probably why they always get caught so fuckin' easily. It ain't like your IRA where they are properly trained in like covert guerilla tactics and all that, they're pretty much just thick suburban lads.

Khan for a second name? Why don't you change it by deedpoll to maybe...Hank? Same letters

Yeah, i was actually joking there dear. Not about it being Khan, i'm talking about being concerned about peoples perception of it, if they don't like it they can go fuck themselves and have a nice day :lol:

The aim of the 7/7 bombers was to kill westerners due to their hatred & I thought they left the UK to do some training at some point. Correct me if I'm wrong - it was some time ago. I did find this picture though and the main ingredient they used was easier to buy than aspirin!! :confused:

_51056645_011168258-1.jpg

Oh, I see one of them had the name of Khan :laugh: Didn't realise that.

Guest Len B'stard
Yeah but there's not much huntin' to be had on a council estate in Hackney!

I dunno, i've seen many-a monster round those parts past 1am :lol:

Ok but these people in the cinema didn't have someone breaking into their homes, so even owning guns didn't save their lives as they were caught out in a situation where they didn't expect to be shot. Imagine if they all had guns on them & they started shooting back - they'd be killing innocent people too.

Thats an ever so slightly ridiculous analogy though, isn't it?

What if you were overpowered and your weapons were used against you & your family?

I would possibly die but at least i had a fuckin' sporting chance in the first place, otherwise we'd all just be fuckin' brown bread.

If someone was holding a gun to your child's head & told you to hand over your guns what would you do - take the risk of losing your child by shooting them or hand over your weapons?

I'd say we've got a problem here cuz i'm locked on you and i ain't fuckin' moving. Now i can't stop you from hurting the kid but i can PROMISE you that once you've pulled that trigger, i'm locked on you and the minute you hurt the kid i'm gonna put you through a kind of pain you've never imagined, i'm gonna lock the doors on you in this place and i'm gonna make you weep for the mercy of death. Now i don't want that and you don't want that so you got two choices. You can either do what you gotta do and take that option or you can turn around now and leave out that front door and i give you my word that, at least from my end, no ones gonna call the cops. And if he did leave i wouldn't either (call the filth i mean)

(translation - i'd shit myself and run...take the kid, take the wife, take the silverware but just don't hurt me pleeease, i'll suck your dick man! :lol:)

The aim of the 7/7 bombers was to kill westerners due to their hatred & I thought they left the UK to do some training at some point. Correct me if I'm wrong - it was some time ago. I did find this picture though and the main ingredient they used was easier to buy than aspirin!!

The training they do amounts to like, fuckin' jumping jacks basically, really really basic army shit. And yeah, see, there you, thats my point, main ingridient easier to buy than aspirin, so see?

Edited by sugaraylen

Yeah but there's not much huntin' to be had on a council estate in Hackney!

I dunno, i've seen many-a monster round those parts past 1am :lol:

Thats an ever so slightly ridiculous analogy though, isn't it?

What if you were overpowered and your weapons were used against you & your family?

I would possibly die but at least i had a fuckin' sporting chance in the first place, otherwise we'd all just be fuckin' brown bread.

If someone was holding a gun to your child's head & told you to hand over your guns what would you do - take the risk of losing your child by shooting them or hand over your weapons?

I'd say we've got a problem here cuz i'm locked on you and i ain't fuckin' moving. Now i can't stop you from hurting the kid but i can PROMISE you that once you've pulled that trigger, i'm locked on you and the minute you hurt the kid i'm gonna put you through a kind of pain you've never imagined, i'm gonna lock the doors on you in this place and i'm gonna make you weep for the mercy of death. Now i don't want that and you don't want that so you got two choices. You can either do what you gotta do and take that option or you can turn around now and leave out that front door and i give you my word that, at least from my end, no ones gonna call the cops. And if he did leave i wouldn't either (call the filth i mean)

(translation - i'd shit myself and run...take the kid, take the wife, take the silverware but just don't hurt me pleeease, i'll suck your dick man! :lol:)

:D You never give them two choices - it's one choice of two options. Remind me never to break into your house & threaten your family, those are a good choice of words. :scared:

Course it is! I dunno exactly how it's fuckin done cuz i ain't Martin McGuiness but uh :lol:, yeah, what they use like perfume and...y'know, all these fuckin chemicals and that, these lads download some next fuckin' handbook from the internet and it shows you how to make em using like, common household matierials. If i'm not mistaken Copelands nail bombs were shit like that.

Alright then, how's about this then, let's imagine we still had the same laws we had before Michael Ryan went on his little rampage right? You've got like a couple of weeks to go away and either make me a bomb or get hold of a shooter. Where do you start and what's easier. To me I'd reckon popping down the local pig sty and filling out a form would be a lot easier than pissing about in the kitchen trying not to blow your fingers off with a load of toilet duck and miracle gro no?

Well what i was saying was in response to rock4eva saying it was easier to buy a gun than make a bomb so i was kinda comparing the two and how, yeah each leaves a trail but if you're buying like...seperate non-offensive type shit from, a hardware store like a fuckload of nails or a load of perfume (which would be proper bait, thinkin' about it :lol:) but like, y'know, it's easier than just going out and finding someone who can get you a gun and blah blah blah, how many people you gotta go through not knowing who each one is and how on the level they are, presumably it'd be easier just to go to three of four normal unsuspicious inoffensive type shopping placing like a fuckin' garden centre or somewhere that does building matierials or whatever. Yeah it'd leave a trail but it's like, y'know, seperate purchases of kinda inoffensive stuff on it's own so y'know, it's harder to pick up the slack.

The point is that you could have a gun legally licenced and all the details there for the filth to check at will but until you go and give some old dear both barrels in the croched bobble hat they've no reason to get suspicious of you. I mean all these nutters usually haven't done owt to arouse suspicion before they go off on one so the first anybody knows about it is when the body count starts to rise. What I mean is that if you're setting up a bombing plot then the finger of suspicion could be on you long before you get to carry out any attack whereas with a legally owned firearm it's nearly always too late. :shrugs: In pretty much all these cases the gunmen aren't looking to get away with it afterwards so a trail is irrelevant. To them it's either chokey or a dirt nap so it doesn't matter if the coppers know everything about them cos they're done trying to hide or escape.