Gunman shot dead 10 people at dark night premiere

Guest Gunns

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm freaking out right now, my best friend is in that area of colorado and said he was going to see the Dark Knight. I called him and he said that he ended up not going and saw Reel Big Fish instead, but that theater was maybe 5 minutes down the road. Shit is crazy.

One of the dead in this theatre shooting was in the Eaton Centre in Toronto while on vacation a few weeks back.

Gunfire broke out in a packed foodcourt,people were killed.

That gave me chills.

Survive a mall shooting in Canada and get mowed down in a movie theatre in the States?

Toronto is getting nuts,people getting shot in ice cream stores,neighbourhood barbecues,in public parks.

A right to bear arms?

The wild west is over,welcome to 2012.

So many people can't handle their right to bear arms.

Sorry to gun club enthusiasts,but something is seriously wrong.

We now have to pack some heat in case we have to "defend" ourselves at a movie theatre?

Pretty shocking to find out that one of the dead in the Batman shooting was in the Toronto Eaton Centre on the day of that "right to bear arms" shoot-em-up.

I'm not being funny here at all but I've just put 2 and 2 together and it talks about a black clad gunman with body armour and a gas mask. I mean seriously there's a lot of nutcase fanatical fans out there but is anybody else thinking what I'm thinking? :o I mean do you reckon it could be some fucking psycho bellend who'd trying to copy Bane from the movie?

tom-hardy-bane-dark-knight-rises-02.jpg

Not being funny here,at all...but that was my first thought man!

Some comic-con dork who went off the deep end and decided to act like Bane.

I was just reading the story and then I read the points one by one. Black clad, body armour, gas mask etc etc then I looked at the pic of Bain and thought fucking hell! :(

It strikes me as odd that just before a Nolan Batman film comes out, a tragedy connected with it hits the news...Heath Ledger's death, which made TDK even bigger than it already was and had it all over the news as a result...and now this, which has the TDKR all over the news...I'm not saying anything, but it's freaky that high publicity tragedies happen right around both films' release....

It strikes me as odd that just before a Nolan Batman film comes out, a tragedy connected with it hits the news...Heath Ledger's death, which made TDK even bigger than it already was and had it all over the news as a result...and now this, which has the TDKR all over the news...I'm not saying anything, but it's freaky that high publicity tragedies happen right around both films' release....

I know exactly what you are talking about. I don't think though this is good publicity. I don't think this will bring more people to the theatres. If anything, some parents will not allow their children to go now. Sucks!

lots of sick fucks in this world, lots of sick fucks that dont need to have guns, guns are not the problem its psychopathic people calling themselves the "joker" dying their hair red who has their apartment booby trapped that dont need to get a hold of guns

lots of sick fucks in this world, lots of sick fucks that dont need to have guns, guns are not the problem its psychopathic people calling themselves the "joker" dying their hair red who has their apartment booby trapped that dont need to get a hold of guns

I just read that about the joker. Guy is really mental. And is going to get his ass handed to him when he arrives in general population in prison. Their is a cardinal rule in prison, don't mess with the children.

I think this will become more common.

The internet is de-sensitising young people who are troubled and arming them with so much knowledge and also introducing them to like minded indivuduals. It is scary, and it will become a problem in years to come.

The thing is, we are all fascinated by it in one way or another, and the people that do it love that attention. It is a vicious circle.

I'm not being funny here at all but I've just put 2 and 2 together and it talks about a black clad gunman with body armour and a gas mask. I mean seriously there's a lot of nutcase fanatical fans out there but is anybody else thinking what I'm thinking? :o I mean do you reckon it could be some fucking psycho bellend who'd trying to copy Bane from the movie?

tom-hardy-bane-dark-knight-rises-02.jpg

His hometown's San Diego.

News just broke..he bought the guns legally.

"A right to bear arms"...woo-hoo! :jerkoff:

The guns were held legally - so what?

I own guns and I've never walked into a theater and shot it up and neither have any of the dozens of gun owners that I know.

Yet. Don't pretend that you're not already in the planning stages.

I own guns and I've never walked into a theater and shot it up and neither have any of the dozens of gun owners that I know.

You didn't..this guy did.

12 people are dead,over 50 injured,and you're asking so what?

Reading that reminds me of the whole "Superman curse" rumor that surrounded the Superman movies...

You didn't..this guy did.

12 people are dead,over 50 injured,and you're asking so what?

The news is sad, no doubt. However, in the wider statistical scheme of things the more gun friendly states in the US have lower gun crime rates in general. Norway has a very high instance of gun ownership, relatively speaking, and the mass murder of last year aside, has very low murder rates.

The issue at hand is not about the guns, but rather about the desires of a person to commit murders. I am physically in England as I type this, so guns are pretty much illegal here, yet I could buy a handgun or shotgun and from some street people and have it here in a few hours. Or, look at it another way - Russia has very low gun ownership yet a very high murder rate.