Gunman shot dead 10 people at dark night premiere

Guest Gunns

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the dead in this theatre shooting was in the Eaton Centre in Toronto while on vacation a few weeks back.

Gunfire broke out in a packed foodcourt,people were killed.

That gave me chills.

Survive a mall shooting in Canada and get mowed down in a movie theatre in the States?

Toronto is getting nuts,people getting shot in ice cream stores,neighbourhood barbecues,in public parks.

A right to bear arms?

The wild west is over,welcome to 2012.

So many people can't handle their right to bear arms.

Sorry to gun club enthusiasts,but something is seriously wrong.

Agreed. I might be a right-winger but that's for fiscal matters only.

It's not 1791 anymore. It's really fucking weird how in 2012 you get people talking like we still are in the 18th Century. Like nothing has changed since then.

Many crimes may be committed with illegally obtained guns, but how are those guns illegally obtained? How many are stolen from law abiding citizens who bought them legally, or from a store that carries them?

More guns on the streets leads to more guns being used in the commission of a crime. They should be banned and the penalties for committing a crime with a gun off the charts. The only people who should have access to guns are cops and the military, because frankly they are the only ones who need them. And len, hunters can fuck off. Gentleman's pastime my ass!. You want honor, try to take down that deer mono a mono, in a fair fight. If you get an antler up your ass then too bad for you.

One of the dead in this theatre shooting was in the Eaton Centre in Toronto while on vacation a few weeks back.

That gave me chills.

Survive a mall shooting in Canada and get mowed down in a movie theatre in the States?

Toronto is getting nuts,people getting shot in ice cream stores,neighbourhood barbecues,in public parks.

A right to bear arms?

It's not 1791 anymore. It's really fucking weird how in 2012 you get people talking like we still are in the 18th Century. Like nothing has changed since then.

Many crimes may be committed with illegally obtained guns, but how are those guns illegally obtained? How many are stolen from law abiding citizens who bought them legally, or from a store that carries them?

More guns on the streets leads to more guns being used in the commission of a crime. They should be banned and the penalties for committing a crime with a gun off the charts. The only people who should have access to guns are cops and the military, because frankly they are the only ones who need them. And len, hunters can fuck off. Gentleman's pastime my ass!. You want honor, try to take down that deer mono a mono, in a fair fight. If you get an antler up your ass then too bad for you.

What he said :rolleyes: Thought I was the only one who felt that way so I kept quiet but "gentleman's pastime" didn't sit well with me either. Never understood how the killing of a defenceless animal with a gun makes someone tough, proud of their "catch" & a "big man". I like your idea, a fair fight with the animal would be very interesting - not to watch - but to find out who can win. I'm betting a man would be the proud trophy for the deer to carry around on their antlers to show the herd just how stupid man is. :rofl-lol:

That gave me chills.

A right to bear arms?

What he said :rolleyes: Thought I was the only one who felt that way so I kept quiet but "gentleman's pastime" didn't sit well with me either. Never understood how the killing of a defenceless animal with a gun makes someone tough, proud of their "catch" & a "big man". I like your idea, a fair fight with the animal would be very interesting - not to watch - but to find out who can win. I'm betting a man would be the proud trophy for the deer to carry around on their antlers to show the herd just how stupid man is. :rofl-lol:

Exactly. I know it's not going to be popular, but whatever. There was a time when we needed to hunt so that we could eat. That need has largely been erased. So the only reason to hunt is some sick twisted desire to kill a living thing in some sort of game. Hunters think it's sport but the animal is a sitting duck. There's nothing sport about it.

Edited by KBear

If I was a parent, I wouldn't bring my kid there, but I won't demonize those who did. It was probably a case of badly needing a night out, can't get a babysitter, and knowing the kid would sleep through it anyway.

They kept showing this dad who was talking to the news crews, holding up a picture of his son, and saying that if anyone knows where he is, to please have him call him. It turned out today was his birthday, too. He was in hysterics, understandably. Then they said they had some late news about his kid, and the way they constructed the sentence at first made it sound like his son was okay, or at least alive, but then at the end of the sentence they said the father was informed his son was dead. Just a horrible, horrible sinking feeling.

If I was a parent, I wouldn't bring my kid there, but I won't demonize those who did. It was probably a case of badly needing a night out, can't get a babysitter, and knowing the kid would sleep through it anyway.

They kept showing this dad who was talking to the news crews, holding up a picture of his son, and saying that if anyone knows where he is, to please have him call him. It turned out today was his birthday, too. He was in hysterics, understandably. Then they said they had some late news about his kid, and the way they constructed the sentence at first made it sound like his son was okay, or at least alive, but then at the end of the sentence they said the father was informed his son was dead. Just a horrible, horrible sinking feeling.

Oh no :( that is terrible. I wouldn't take a 4mth old baby there even if there was a chance of them sleeping through it. With a baby that young a parent also needs as much sleep as they can get :lol: The age of the child depends, maybe older primary onwards if they really were into the film (I don't actually know the films so don't know the level of violence) but I never thought Batman would be a violent movie. Was this midnight thing a one off for the first night? I cannot imagine how the people in that area are feeling right now - besides the terrorists who took over a live theatre show years ago I've never heard of this happening before. :no:

Honestly, this movie should have been rated R, as well as the Dark Knight if the MPAA were being consistent. The Joker in the Dark Knight was the most terrifying movie character since Hannibal Lecter.

I haven't read through this thread, has everyone seen the repost proposing Christian Bale dress as Batman and visit the kids who were shot at the Hospital?

"All those kids in the hospital recovering from gunshot wounds from the massacre in Colorado could use a visit from their hero. I propose we should make enough noise asking Christian Bale to visit these kids in the hospital dressed in the real Batman outfit. They need to know Heroes can be real too, not just bad guys. Not asking anything fancy from you, if you read this, share it on your wall. If you wanna go the extra mile, post it in other sites as well. Show the kids there really are heroes"

Guest Gunns

Bale has pulled out from doing interviews promoting the film, after what happened in Colorado

Edited by Gunns

That gave me chills.

A right to bear arms?

guns have been used in illegal crimes since the 1700s the forefathers allowed us to have guns for a reason, after the declaration of independence was signed john adams said we should celebrate with music and guns. as for the whole the only people who should have guns being the military and police that is a crock of shit, why do you think when dictators come to power they like to first take away private gun rights?

the problem with guns isnt guns its the people that use them, people that are crazy as this sick fuck is will find a way to kill people no matter what, timothy mcveigh killed almost 200 people all he needed was a truck and some fertilizer, 9/11 terrorists killed 3,000 people with box cutters and planes, gary ridgeway killed 48 people without a gun.

for every 1 psycho that gets his hand on a gun and does something this horrific their is a hundred law abiding citizens that have guns that would never think of doing such a thing.

guns kill people like spoons made rosie odonnell fat

Just saw Maddox from the best page in the universe post this on his facebook

Parents get killed when they see a movie about a guy who becomes a superhero when his parents get killed when they go to see a movie. Here's to hoping a butler just got employed to look after a wealthy orphan in Colorado today.

Very nice.

Honestly, after following this story all day, it's starting to dawn on me how much worse this could have been. I absolutely hate to reduce this to numbers because how can you multiply incalculable pain and loss for each victim x the number of victims? But if we allow ourselves to do that, all that time he had, with all those massive weapons, and all those people just lined up like the duck shooting game at the midway at the county fair... and we only have 12 dead currently. I know that the survivability of many in the hospital is questionable, so that number may (but hopefully not) climb, but there could have been many more dead.

A guy they don't know coming to visit them in costume after what they've been through might scare the shit out of them.

Yeah, I have reservations about showing up as batman. Maybe if they asked the kids if they wanted to see batman? Either way I'm really shaken up by the whole thing. I've never been this affected by any national tragedy (save 9/11 but I was 10). I've always had such a strong connection to Batman since I was little and these movies are sacred to me, I'm shocked, disgusted, and terrified such a thing could happen.

Honestly, after following this story all day, it's starting to dawn on me how much worse this could have been. I absolutely hate to reduce this to numbers because how can you multiply incalculable pain and loss for each victim x the number of victims? But if we allow ourselves to do that, all that time he had, with all those massive weapons, and all those people just lined up like the duck shooting game at the midway at the county fair... and we only have 12 dead currently. I know that the survivability of many in the hospital is questionable, so that number may (but hopefully not) climb, but there could have been many more dead.

i agree i have shot an AR 15 and those things are very accurate it is a miracle more were not killed with the amount of ammo he had and the cops acted very quickly and did a hell of a job especially dealing with the tear gas and all that

Just saw Maddox from the best page in the universe post this on his facebook

Parents get killed when they see a movie about a guy who becomes a superhero when his parents get killed when they go to see a movie. Here's to hoping a butler just got employed to look after a wealthy orphan in Colorado today.

Very nice.

maddox hasn't been funny in years, and he's starting to live up to his once-amusing status as a huge asshole.

I totally forgot about maddux. I used to be a big fan. He started going Axl on his posts. He used to post daily, then eventually it tapered off into once a year maybe if he felt like it, and when people asked when he would post again, his response was basically a "Fuck you fans who gave me a career of sitting on my ass and being a professional asshole, life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending."

I haven't seen Batman Begins in a while, but wasn't it a play, not a movie?

It might have been a play, I don't know, but it was definitely a movie, and in my opinion it sucked. I'm not saying that just to be cool and different or whatever, because I loved the Dark Knight. But even in The Dark Knight I thought Batman/Christian Bale kind of sucked, and the whole movie was The Joker, but he was so damn good he made the whole movie overall amazing. But I'm not too excited about this one because without The Joker I just don't have any confidence in it.

Guest Broskirose

It might have been a play, I don't know, but it was definitely a movie, and in my opinion it sucked. I'm not saying that just to be cool and different or whatever, because I loved the Dark Knight. But even in The Dark Knight I thought Batman/Christian Bale kind of sucked, and the whole movie was The Joker, but he was so damn good he made the whole movie overall amazing. But I'm not too excited about this one because without The Joker I just don't have any confidence in it.

I was talking about the thing that guy said "Parents get killed when they see a movie about a guy who becomes a superhero when his parents get killed when they go to see a movie. Here's to hoping a butler just got employed to look after a wealthy orphan in Colorado today."

Pretty sure Batman's parents got killed at a play. Not a movie.

Not only was this guys comment tasteless and unfunny, but it wasn't even correct. What a fag.

I was talking about the thing that guy said "Parents get killed when they see a movie about a guy who becomes a superhero when his parents get killed when they go to see a movie. Here's to hoping a butler just got employed to look after a wealthy orphan in Colorado today."

Pretty sure Batman's parents got killed at a play. Not a movie.

Not only was this guys comment tasteless and unfunny, but it wasn't even correct. What a fag.

In his defense, different versions of the origin story have either. Though the accepted version as well as the batman begins version say it was a play.

Edited by TeeJay410

Sidenote: who the fuck takes a four month old and a four year old to a midnight showing of an ultra violent movie? :crazy:

I saw the interview too, Piers asked that question right away. The mother said they took the four year old because she (the 4 year old) is a Batman fan, and the baby because they moved from New Mexico and don't have relatives in the area that can watch them. Honestly both parents seemed sincere ... and sincerely lacking of intelligence. When they were in the hospital, he proposed to her.

Someone was probably texting during the movie. I would've done the same in his position.

You're a real fucking funny cunt. Grow up asshole.

Woah, woah, calm down. I didn't mean anything by it. Don't jump the gun on me. Trust me, I'm not bat shit insane, I do sympathize for those that were hurt during this. People like this killer that do this stuff for gun are the bane of my existence. Although, I don't understand why so many people died. If I was there and started seeing smoke, I would've Baled.

Edited by Superfuzz