Gunman shot dead 10 people at dark night premiere

Guest Gunns

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't necessarily stop someone from making a bomb but you can stop people from owning guns.

No you can't. There will always be an unregulated black market, to make firearms illegal would only make them easier to get, MUCH easier. No waiting periods, no background checks, it's best to keep the majority of firearms sales above ground in clear daylight.

It's illegal to own drugs, that law is serving its purpose just great. This would be no different.

Of course, people will still obtain guns. I just mean it could be a lot harder to do. Whereas, you can't really ban people from buying products that can help make a bomb because those products are things we use everyday for other purposes.

And while it's true that the war on drugs hasn't been a smashing success, I'm not sure that making it all legal would be any better. There are plenty of smokers out there, but I don't see or know of any hardcore drug users in my circle of friends. If you make something illegal then it will not be obtained by the vast majority of people. Sure, there are those who don't care about laws and they will do what they want. There is probably no avoiding that..

You can't necessarily stop someone from making a bomb but you can stop people from owning guns.

No you can't. There will always be an unregulated black market, to make firearms illegal would only make them easier to get, MUCH easier. No waiting periods, no background checks, it's best to keep the majority of firearms sales above ground in clear daylight.

It's illegal to own drugs, that law is serving its purpose just great. This would be no different.

Of course, people will still obtain guns. I just mean it could be a lot harder to do. Whereas, you can't really ban people from buying products that can help make a bomb because those products are things we use everyday for other purposes.

And while it's true that the war on drugs hasn't been a smashing success, I'm not sure that making it all legal would be any better. There are plenty of smokers out there, but I don't see or know of any hardcore drug users in my circle of friends. If you make something illegal then it will not be obtained by the vast majority of people. Sure, there are those who don't care about laws and they will do what they want. There is probably no avoiding that..

I disagree, I'm no advocate for drugs but the idea that certain people aren't drug users because they're illegal is completely ridiculous to me, that's another debate though.

My point is, if violent criminals are always going to be able to get guns, why take them out of the hands of people who aren't dangerous to society? Should we really just suspect anyone and everyone of being a potential massacre gunman?

I will say they can definitely do more to tighten up the current regulations. How the fuck does some young college dropout buy so much fire power and ammunition in such a small amount of time without setting off any red flags at all? Jesus christ, they make you sign a waver when you buy motrin over the counter at the grocery store, the IRS investigates you if you deposit $10,000 into the bank, but if 20 or whatever year old James from Aurora Colorado buys an assault rifle, 2 handguns, and a shotgun along with 6000 rounds of ammo within 2 months nobody asks any questions? That's bullshit.

same can be said about guns not every person buys a gun for the purpose of killng people. people have been finding ways to kill people since the dawn of man, timothy mcveigh kill 200 people and all he needed was a rented truck and some fertilizer.

in the last 5 years as the US population has increased violent crimes involving guns has decreased every year. reuters had an article http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/20/us-usa-shooting-denver-mass-idUSBRE86J0K620120720

that has the top 15 shooting massacres of all time 11/15 were outside of the US

as for drugs same thing as guns it has been shown where it is available crimes have gone down

I disagree, I'm no advocate for drugs but the idea that certain people aren't drug users because they're illegal is completely ridiculous to me, that's another debate though.

My point is, if violent criminals are always going to be able to get guns, why take them out of the hands of people who aren't dangerous to society? Should we really just suspect anyone and everyone of being a potential massacre gunman?

I will say they can definitely do more to tighten up the current regulations. How the fuck does some young college dropout buy so much fire power and ammunition in such a small amount of time without setting off any red flags at all? Jesus christ, they make you sign a waver when you buy motrin over the counter at the grocery store, the IRS investigates you if you deposit $10,000 into the bank, but if 20 or whatever year old James from Aurora Colorado buys an assault rifle, 2 handguns, and a shotgun along with 6000 rounds of ammo within 2 months nobody asks any questions? That's bullshit.

exactly. there is a system in some states for doctors that send red flags to pharmacies, and other doctor offices for people that fail drug tests while on pain medication but we cant do this for guns? we have all this technology and we still live in the stone age for some things.

Its always funny until someone gets hurt.......Australia doesn't have these stupid massacres nor do we have 300+ shootings a day. Yeah I've wanted to bust a cap in my time but fuck heads gonna be fucking rolling with me pulling out a jammy. Its just not needed with angry people/fucked up cunts.

Edited by Johnny Drama

Its always funny until someone gets hurt.......Australia doesn't have these stupid massacres nor do we have 300+ shootings a day. Yeah I've wanted to bust a cap in my time but fuck heads gonna be fucking rolling with me pulling out a jammy. Its just not needed with angry people/fucked up cunts.

we dont have 300 shooting a day in america either, for every 1 nut with a gun their is 100 law abiding citizens that never hurt anyone. you take away guns from law abiding citizens the only ones left with guns are the nuts

OMG AMERICA According to this link yeah there's about 250 shootings a day.

Yeah but thats the thing innit? You're not gonna be carrying a piece to the pictures are you nyah? Nah you just got it at home and shit and that's it. Well that's how it is in Australia, the only folks that have guns are assholes, farmers, shooters and police. And all those people need guns, bar the assholes.

Yeah but thats the thing innit? You're not gonna be carrying a piece to the pictures are you nyah? Nah you just got it at home and shit and that's it. Well that's how it is in Australia, the only folks that have guns are assholes, farmers, shooters and police. And all those people need guns, bar the assholes.

in colorado they have concealed carry weapons laws but the movie theatre is a non concealed weapon area. if that guy busted in and started shooting if 2 or 3 people were allowed to carry their weapons in we have less than 14 people dead.

we dont need to ban guns just because 1 nut goes on a shooting spree IMO

I'm going to say it, and I'm going to get shit for it. Shit happens. If I decide to drive a car through playground and take out 15a kids, should we ban cars? What are people not getting? KILLERS WILL KILL PEOPLE IF THEY WANT TO. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Or, family guy...guns don't kill people, dangerous minorities do.

I'm going to say it, and I'm going to get shit for it. Shit happens. If I decide to drive a car through playground and take out 15a kids, should we ban cars? What are people not getting? KILLERS WILL KILL PEOPLE IF THEY WANT TO. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Or, family guy...guns don't kill people, dangerous minorities do.

yeah i agree if people want to kill they will i just dont think letting the crazies be the only ones with availability to guns to be a smart move

in colorado they have concealed carry weapons laws but the movie theatre is a non concealed weapon area. if that guy busted in and started shooting if 2 or 3 people were allowed to carry their weapons in we have less than 14 people dead.

Is what you're saying that if people were allowed to carry guns on their person then they could have returned fire & stopped him killing 14 people?

If so it would a shootout between him & others where more than 14 could potentially be killed.

Also I don't get why anyone would carry a gun to a movie cinema.

There seems to be a culture difference between America & other countries.

I did see a sign online saying "Why aren't there massacres at shooting ranges?"

Is what you're saying that if people were allowed to carry guns on their person then they could have returned fire & stopped him killing 14 people?

If so it would a shootout between him & others where more than 14 could potentially be killed.

yes iam saying if 2 or 3 people had guns in the movie theatre 14 people wouldnt have been killed. if the gunmen had been shot he would have focused on the person shooting him not focusing on unloading on innocent people. as for culture difference maybe i dont know perhaps

its like that old question would you feel more compfortable in an elevator with 30 people with 1 person having a gun or 30 people with 30 guns, me personally its the 30 people with 30 guns someone is going to think twice before firing.

in the US it has been shown where their is the most guns and the most people carrying arms the crime rates have gone down.

and the last saying is funny.

Ok bran you seem to know guns, can you answer me this?

Is it possible for a young woman to suicide with a bolt action .22 rifle, shooting herself twice in the head & through both hands. She was found slumped on a lounge with a shot through each hand, 2 shots to the head & believed to have set the gun off between her legs with her toes.

Thoughts??

Is it possible for a young woman to suicide with a bolt action .22 rifle, shooting herself twice in the head & through both hands. She was found slumped on a lounge with a shot through each hand, 2 shots to the head & believed to have set the gun off between her legs with her toes.

Thoughts??

not twice, if its a bolt action you have to use the bolt to expell the spent shell, before you can fire again, unless the person could use the bolt with their feet, and they fucked up with the first shot and then fired again

i dont see that as plausible IMO

here is a video showing what i mean with a .22 bolt

Thoughts??

not twice, if its a bolt action you have to use the bolt to expell the spent shell, before you can fire again, unless the person could use the bolt with their feet, and they fucked up with the first shot and then fired again

i dont see that as plausible IMO

here is a video showing what i mean with a .22 bolt

Thanks for that.

Any small-arm enthusiast practices target acquisition at 10-15 meters or greater (some logic about the attack range of a knife wielder), and the killer entered through the emergency exit with the screen to his back. While it's hard to account for how any one person is going to act in a moment of courage, it's reasonable to think that any average gun owner would be able to at least impair him and saved lives.

This was the highest death toll for a mass shooting in the U.S., right? To be brutally honest, guaranteed with the weaponry he'd accumulated, if it was one of those dip-spitting republican gun nuts the score would have been twice that.

Edited by AbominableHoman

Do you think the forefathers had semi-automatic weapons in mind when they came up with that bit in the constitution about the "right to bare arms?" These types of weapons are unnecessary and should be illegal.

Same thing should go for anything that gets the unfair advantage of quickly loading cartridge rounds.

I'm going to say it, and I'm going to get shit for it. Shit happens. If I decide to drive a car through playground and take out 15a kids, should we ban cars?

Only cars that were designed and sold for the express purpose of killing things. ;)

Guest Len B'stard

I'm going to say it, and I'm going to get shit for it. Shit happens. If I decide to drive a car through playground and take out 15a kids, should we ban cars?

Only cars that were designed and sold for the express purpose of killing things. ;)

Thats a cop out Dazey, if you wanna hold it that way up you could say guns are there to protect people cuz if everyone had a gun then everybody'd think twice about robbing whatshisface next door, ergo the purpose is not to kill. Point being the car has the ability to kill people en masse, doesn't it? Murder is not the only use of guns just as driving you down the shops ain't the only use of cars, if the only use of guns was killing then, what are you trying to say, that all people that own a gun that have used it have done so to kill someone?

Thats a cop out Dazey, if you wanna hold it that way up you could say guns are there to protect people cuz if everyone had a gun then everybody'd think twice about robbing whatshisface next door, ergo the purpose is not to kill. Point being the car has the ability to kill people en masse, doesn't it? Murder is not the only use of guns just as driving you down the shops ain't the only use of cars, if the only use of guns was killing then, what are you trying to say, that all people that own a gun that have used it have done so to kill someone?

No it's not and I'm not even saying guns should be banned I'm just saying that they're "designed" with one purpose in mind. A gun is a killing machine no matter how you want to look at it and it's very good at doing what it's designed to do. You can use pretty much anything as a lethal weapon if you want but there are very few other things in the world that do it quite as well as an assault rifle. I don't even get why people are arguing that point, I mean what's the next argument gonna be? "Kids choke on pen tops all the time you know? Shall we ban writing?" I mean it's a silly argument really. Guns are supposed to be used to kill shit, cars aren't and that's all there is to it. :shrugs:

Edited by Dazey