Gunman shot dead 10 people at dark night premiere

Guest Gunns

Guest Len B'stard
No it fucking isn't you soppy tart! Well at least it wasn't a while back.

Course it is! I dunno exactly how it's fuckin done cuz i ain't Martin McGuiness but uh :lol:, yeah, what they use like perfume and...y'know, all these fuckin chemicals and that, these lads download some next fuckin' handbook from the internet and it shows you how to make em using like, common household matierials. If i'm not mistaken Copelands nail bombs were shit like that.

Alright then, how's about this then, let's imagine we still had the same laws we had before Michael Ryan went on his little rampage right? You've got like a couple of weeks to go away and either make me a bomb or get hold of a shooter. Where do you start and what's easier. To me I'd reckon popping down the local pig sty and filling out a form would be a lot easier than pissing about in the kitchen trying not to blow your fingers off with a load of toilet duck and miracle gro no?

What's leaving a trail got to do with it? Surely the trail you leave buying bomb making materials is going to be a bigger issue than buying a gun?

Well what i was saying was in response to rock4eva saying it was easier to buy a gun than make a bomb so i was kinda comparing the two and how, yeah each leaves a trail but if you're buying like...seperate non-offensive type shit from, a hardware store like a fuckload of nails or a load of perfume (which would be proper bait, thinkin' about it :lol:) but like, y'know, it's easier than just going out and finding someone who can get you a gun and blah blah blah, how many people you gotta go through not knowing who each one is and how on the level they are, presumably it'd be easier just to go to three of four normal unsuspicious inoffensive type shopping placing like a fuckin' garden centre or somewhere that does building matierials or whatever. Yeah it'd leave a trail but it's like, y'know, seperate purchases of kinda inoffensive stuff on it's own so y'know, it's harder to pick up the slack.

The point is that you could have a gun legally licenced and all the details there for the filth to check at will but until you go and give some old dear both barrels in the croched bobble hat they've no reason to get suspicious of you. I mean all these nutters usually haven't done owt to arouse suspicion before they go off on one so the first anybody knows about it is when the body count starts to rise. What I mean is that if you're setting up a bombing plot then the finger of suspicion could be on you long before you get to carry out any attack whereas with a legally owned firearm it's nearly always too late. :shrugs: In pretty much all these cases the gunmen aren't looking to get away with it afterwards so a trail is irrelevant. To them it's either chokey or a dirt nap so it doesn't matter if the coppers know everything about them cos they're done trying to hide or escape.

I suppose you're right looking at it that way but the point that, y'know, a mental fucker that can't get his hands on a shooter will find other means, it doesn't take a lot of creativity, the core problem here is mental fuckers, not access to firearms. What your talking about is like, degrees of the liklihood of apprehension, more or less likely isn't really addressing the problem, is it?

Alright then, how's about this then, let's imagine we still had the same laws we had before Michael Ryan went on his little rampage right? You've got like a couple of weeks to go away and either make me a bomb or get hold of a shooter. Where do you start and what's easier. To me I'd reckon popping down the local pig sty and filling out a form would be a lot easier than pissing about in the kitchen trying not to blow your fingers off with a load of toilet duck and miracle gro no?

If you notice, loads of em go for both options but to be honest if i wanted to get away with it i'd probably go the bomb option, drive far enough afield to pick up each like, seperate ingridient and that, sod a gun, thats mucky...and you'll probably kill less people too, especially since it ain't automatic weaponry. Yeah, if i was a mental fucker i'd go for a bomb. Maybe work out some way where it weren't me buying it, a couple of fake IDs here and there, i don't know, i'm reeling it off the top of my head but point being, with a degree of focus and planning it could be a little more sophisticated than going to your nearest shit shovellers and putting your money down.

Edited by sugaraylen

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate stories like this. There is no fucking reason for this. at all.

its like that retard that killed Dimebag.

OMG - just googled it. How did he get through security with a gun & ammo when gnr fans claim they can't get past security with a Slash t-shirt? :bitchfight:

That is shocking, no wonder performers have such tight security around them but bullets kill security guards just as easily they do their target. A very sad story. :(

I suppose you're right looking at it that way but the point that, y'know, a mental fucker that can't get his hands on a shooter will find other means, it doesn't take a lot of creativity, the core problem here is mental fuckers, not access to firearms. What your talking about is like, degrees of the liklihood of apprehension, more or less likely isn't really addressing the problem, is it?

Idiots are idiots are idiots you're right. It's that way the world over and I'm no big fan of the law but it's about balancing things so the maximum amount of people have what they would regard as freedom is it not? I mean it's the fire in a crowded theatre scenario is it not? Is your right to shout fire more important than mine to not get trampled in the stampede or is wee mental Stevie's right to carry a Beretta down his three stripe poppers worth more than dear old Mabel's right to be able to go to the shop for catfood without having the shit scared out of her? Laws in my view should be there but designed in just that way. The way I see it is the US is a done deal as far as gun control is concerned. Never gonna change em so let em get on with it.

The thing is though man, you're a lad who'd not short of a story to tell about the occasional rumble here and there yeah? Probably know a few lads who tend to act first then think later right? Well the way I see it you can have a bunch of nobheads knocking chunks out of each other with feet, fists and the occasional brown ale bottle or you could have it turning ito a shooting gallary. I mean in Texas and I'm sure plenty of other places you can legally carry a gun in the boozer with you. Imagine Gooners vs Spurs after a late kickoff on Saturday afternoon when half the lads in the boozer are strapped? Go on just have a think about that! :lol:

If you notice, loads of em go for both options but to be honest if i wanted to get away with it i'd probably go the bomb option, drive far enough afield to pick up each like, seperate ingridient and that, sod a gun, thats mucky...and you'll probably kill less people too, especially since it ain't automatic weaponry. Yeah, if i was a mental fucker i'd go for a bomb. Maybe work out some way where it weren't me buying it, a couple of fake IDs here and there, i don't know, i'm reeling it off the top of my head but point being, with a degree of focus and planning it could be a little more sophisticated than going to your nearest shit shovellers and putting your money down.

That's the thing though man. Focus? Planning? Research? etc etc? It all speaks of premeditation and a lot of thought and that's not the point of the debate as I see it. Dunblane and Hungerford yeah? Both guys had owned their guns legally for years and had quite a collection by all accounts. The coppers knew about it, there was a clear "trail" and nobody batted an eyelid. Now these fellas by all accounts didn't spend weeks meticulously planning this and assembling all the weapons and gear just for that purpose. They already had the tools for the job right there and one day they just woke up and thought they wanted to kill a lot of people.

Now let's look at the situation from your point of view yeah? Michael Ryan and Thomas Hamilton both wake up on those morning's with the same shit going through their heads but no small arsenal to play with yeah? So they can either go off and start collecting all the gear to make a bomb or grab the nearest thing to hand (kitchen knife?) and go at it with that. Both cases I reckon a lot less people dead as they'd probably have just lost a limb playing amateur chemist in their kitchen. :shrugs:

Edited by Dazey

Yeah, if i was a mental fucker i'd go for a bomb. Maybe work out some way where it weren't me buying it, a couple of fake IDs here and there, i don't know, i'm reeling it off the top of my head but point being, with a degree of focus and planning it could be a little more sophisticated than going to your nearest shit shovellers and putting your money down.

Sugar (hope it's ok to call you that :rofl-lol: ) some of these people don't have the mental capacity to get fake IDs & build bombs. You are thinking as a mentally sane person, you can't say what you would do if you weren't mentally sound. They don't all have the planning skills and a sophisticated method to go by, all they see is they want to kill people cos they're upset about something so buy a gun & kill.

The intelligent ones who kill mass amounts of people are the scum of the earth, I am glad that one of ours is living a life of hell in jail but abusing the court system like mad as he is intelligent enough to do so. I'm so glad he hates his life & that recently he was told there was no chance of parole soon.

Wonder what this person will give as his reason for killing in the cinema. This was a planned attack - hope your laws in the USA are harsher than they are here & he spends his life in prison.

I'm not being funny here at all but I've just put 2 and 2 together and it talks about a black clad gunman with body armour and a gas mask. I mean seriously there's a lot of nutcase fanatical fans out there but is anybody else thinking what I'm thinking? :o I mean do you reckon it could be some fucking psycho bellend who'd trying to copy Bane from the movie?

tom-hardy-bane-dark-knight-rises-02.jpg

Edited by Dazey

Idiots are idiots are idiots you're right. It's that way the world over and I'm no big fan of the law but it's about balancing things so the maximum amount of people have what they would regard as freedom is it not? I mean it's the fire in a crowded theatre scenario is it not? Is your right to shout fire more important than mine to not get trampled in the stampede or is wee mental Stevie's right to carry a Beretta down his three stripe poppers worth more than dear old Mabel's right to be able to go to the shop for catfood without having the shit scared out of her? Laws in my view should be there but designed in just that way. The way I see it is the US is a done deal as far as gun control is concerned. Never gonna change em so let em get on with it.

The thing is though man, you're a lad who'd not short of a story to tell about the occasional rumble here and there yeah? Probably know a few lads who tend to act first then think later right? Well the way I see it you can have a bunch of nobheads knocking chunks out of each other with feet, fists and the occasional brown ale bottle or you could have it turning ito a shooting gallary. I mean in Texas and I'm sure plenty of other places you can legally carry a gun in the boozer with you. Imagine Gooners vs Spurs after a late kickoff on Saturday afternoon when half the lads in the boozer are strapped? Go on just have a think about that! :lol:

That's the thing though man. Focus? Planning? Research? etc etc? It all speaks of premeditation and a lot of thought and that's not the point of the debate as I see it. Dunblane and Hungerford yeah? Both guys had owned their guns legally for years and had quite a collection by all accounts. The coppers knew about it, there was a clear "trail" and nobody batted an eyelid. Now these fellas by all accounts didn't spend weeks meticulously planning this and assembling all the weapons and gear just for that purpose. They already had the tools for the job right there and one day they just woke up and thought they wanted to kill a lot of people.

Now let's look at the situation from your point of view yeah? Michael Ryan and Thomas Hamilton both wake up on those morning's with the same shit going through their heads but no small arsenal to play with yeah? So they can either go off and start collecting all the gear to make a bomb or grab the nearest thing to hand (kitchen knife?) and go at it with that. Both cases I reckon a lot less people dead as they'd probably have just lost a limb playing amateur chemist in their kitchen. :shrugs:

Thomas Hamilton was treated dreadfully by the community though, I've seen footage of him chased by women throwing things at him & he entered a building to get away. He saw killing those children as revenge for how he was treated, we see it as horrendous & shocking. If someone isn't mentally stable you can't treat them like shit and expect them to just "go away" - if those people thought he was interfering with their boys then take the boys away from the situation & report what you believe. You don't throw things at someone & chase them like that & not expect him to exact his revenge in the worst possible way. They probably didn't know better but we do now - from his way of thinking it was payback for how he was treated. Now we will likely never know if those accusations were true or not unless those boys speak up which to this day I haven't heard they have done so.

Guest Len B'stard
Idiots are idiots are idiots you're right. It's that way the world over and I'm no big fan of the law but it's about balancing things so the maximum amount of people have what they would regard as freedom is it not? I mean it's the fire in a crowded theatre scenario is it not? Is your right to shout fire more important than mine to not get trampled in the stampede or is wee mental Stevie's right to carry a Beretta down his three stripe poppers worth more than dear old Mabel's right to be able to go to the shop for catfood without having the shit scared out of her? Laws in my view should be there but designed in just that way.

To me, whats important is the governing principle behind a given law and what that principle is pushing towards. There is much in what you say but at the same time there is just something a little ugly about it. The justice or lack of justice that comes as a result of human actions is less to do with the instruments at hand than the intent of the person or persons in question. I agree wholeheartedly with the idea of balancing things so the maximum amount of people have what they would regard as freedom yes but i think it's important to guard against a tendency to measure your freedoms in relation to another because then it becomes dangerously close to, y'know, regulating ALL freedoms with a view to making some kind of fools gold level playing field when really alls you end up doing is restricting everyone and that ain't no way to live.

The thing is though man, you're a lad who'd not short of a story to tell about the occasional rumble here and there yeah? Probably know a few lads who tend to act first then think later right? Well the way I see it you can have a bunch of nobheads knocking chunks out of each other with feet, fists and the occasional brown ale bottle or you could have it turning ito a shooting gallary. I mean in Texas and I'm sure plenty of other places you can legally carry a gun in the boozer with you. Imagine Gooners vs Spurs after a late kickoff on Saturday afternoon when half the lads in the boozer are strapped? Go on just have a think about that!

Yeah but thats the point see, it don't require guns. A mate of mine went to jail around the late 90s cuz three geezers gave him some stick in town while he was with his bird and he came back with a butcher knife and stabbed this bloke up, got done for like, attempted murder but it got lowered to wounding with intent. I could reel off instances like this. I suppose for your side you could say look, all he really ended up doing is wounding one person where if he'd've had a gun he could've drilled all three but the point is, the problem there is him, he was the problem, his response was a problem and by hook or by crook he found a way to fuck someone up and y'know, by the grace of Iggy the fuckin' guy survived but he coulda survived a fuckin bullet-wound too y'know?

And you misunderstand football hooliganism if you think firms with shooters would end up wiping each other out, if those lads can get hold of like fuckin smoke grenades and charlie and all the weird and wonderful tools they use don't you think they could get hold of shooters? Football hooliganism ain't about murder and mayhem it's about territory and identity, they ain't lookin' to kill each other they're looking to make the other side shit it and run. I see what you mean though, only take one idiot don't it, end of the day.

How do we really know that though? How do we know it weren't planned and mulled over and thought about for days, weeks, months, years...proof of planning is an indicator of premeditation but you can't account for what goes on in these cracked fuckers head. But i guess for your side of the argument if you can't account for it then, in the framework of this discussion it's a moot point but still..

Now let's look at the situation from your point of view yeah? Michael Ryan and Thomas Hamilton both wake up on those morning's with the same shit going through their heads but no small arsenal to play with yeah? So they can either go off and start collecting all the gear to make a bomb or grab the nearest thing to hand (kitchen knife?) and go at it with that. Both cases I reckon a lot less people dead as they'd probably have just lost a limb playing amateur chemist in their kitchen.

I suppose you got a point there but it don't feel like grounds for a law or anything, it seems to be more about limiting convenience than actually solving the riddle.

Sugar (hope it's ok to call you that ) some of these people don't have the mental capacity to get fake IDs & build bombs. You are thinking as a mentally sane person, you can't say what you would do if you weren't mentally sound. They don't all have the planning skills and a sophisticated method to go by, all they see is they want to kill people cos they're upset about something so buy a gun & kill.

The intelligent ones who kill mass amounts of people are the scum of the earth, I am glad that one of ours is living a life of hell in jail but abusing the court system like mad as he is intelligent enough to do so. I'm so glad he hates his life & that recently he was told there was no chance of parole soon.

Wonder what this person will give as his reason for killing in the cinema. This was a planned attack - hope your laws in the USA are harsher than they are here & he spends his life in prison.

Not all insanity is of the raving dribbling variety though is it? In fact most ain't.

Edited by sugaraylen

Holy shit. Holy shit. Man, what could be more innocent and childlike and joyful than looking forward to seeing a movie, then going to its first midnight showing, even gathering with friends and other fans in costume... then this. Not that it'd be any different if this were, I dunno, gang war or something, but the time and location make this seem so much sadder. I can't imagine the terror. God be with everyone involved.

And I'm going to throw a brick at my TV if I hear one more newscaster referring to the shooter as, "the gentleman."

No that's exactly what I'm saying, they are mentally able to carry out such a crime but not mentally capable of creating fake IDs & thinking things through. I've worked & lived with mental disabilities & their way of thinking is totally different to how you see things. They get angry, they react. The very mentally disabled of course can't commit such a crime & certainly wouldn't be able to buy a gun - its the ones with abilities to act out but not the ability to have empathy for what they are doing. Killing people to them is no different to your empathy for killing ants.

To me, whats important is the governing principle behind a given law and what that principle is pushing towards. There is much in what you say but at the same time there is just something a little ugly about it. The justice or lack of justice that comes as a result of human actions is less to do with the instruments at hand than the intent of the person or persons in question. I agree wholeheartedly with the idea of balancing things so the maximum amount of people have what they would regard as freedom yes but i think it's important to guard against a tendency to measure your freedoms in relation to another because then it becomes dangerously close to, y'know, regulating ALL freedoms with a view to making some kind of fools gold level playing field when really alls you end up doing is restricting everyone and that ain't no way to live.

Yeah but I'm talking about tapering the extremities not about some 1984 alike police state. To me I'm not bothered if people aren't allowed to keep a firearm at home. It might be a slight curtailment but nothing more than that.

And you misunderstand football hooliganism if you think firms with shooters would end up wiping each other out, if those lads can get hold of like fuckin smoke grenades and charlie and all the weird and wonderful tools they use don't you think they could get hold of shooters? Football hooliganism ain't about murder and mayhem it's about territory and identity, they ain't lookin' to kill each other they're looking to make the other side shit it and run. I see what you mean though, only take one idiot don't it, end of the day.

Nah man, actually I know quite a few of the lads who used to be into all that palaver and yeah I know it wasn't a good example. I wasn't talking about the firms I was just trying to postulate a scenario where you've got a lot of blokes who don't get on in the same room with a load of ale flying around the place. For one thing I'm not soft enough to think you'd find many pubs in London on a derby day that would have half gooners and half spurs fans in the place anyway. :lol: I just don't think carrying a gun into a boozer is the most sensible thing to do.

Guest Len B'stard

No that's exactly what I'm saying, they are mentally able to carry out such a crime but not mentally capable of creating fake IDs & thinking things through. I've worked & lived with mental disabilities & their way of thinking is totally different to how you see things. They get angry, they react. The very mentally disabled of course can't commit such a crime & certainly wouldn't be able to buy a gun - its the ones with abilities to act out but not the ability to have empathy for what they are doing. Killing people to them is no different to your empathy for killing ants.

Like i say, there's types of mental instability though, just because you're mental enough to kill someone doesn't mean that it's always like, a spur of the moment thing or you're some kneejerk kind of person, insanity and patience are not mutually exclusive. Ian Brady was loonier than a shithouse rat but he could cover his tracks when he had to...same with Peter Sutcliffe...and he claimed to hear voices so, y'know, clearly he weren't the full shilling but when it came to covering his tracks the boy got fuckin' lively. People like Paul Bernardo were fuckin' sick as fuck but he was clever with it, he had anger issues apparently and was a reasonably reactive type of guy but when it came to covering his tracks he was wise enough.

I just don't think carrying a gun into a boozer is the most sensible thing to do.

Dunno about that, the price of a pint has made me consider the notion many a time.

Edited by sugaraylen

Like i say, there's types of mental instability though, just because you're mental enough to kill someone doesn't mean that it's always like, a spur of the moment thing or you're some kneejerk kind of person, insanity and patience are not mutually exclusive. Ian Brady was loonier than a shithouse rat but he could cover his tracks when he had to...same with Peter Sutcliffe...and he claimed to hear voices so, y'know, clearly he weren't the full shilling but when it came to covering his tracks the boy got fuckin' lively. People like Paul Bernardo were fuckin' sick as fuck but he was clever with it, he had anger issues apparently and was a reasonably reactive type of guy but when it came to covering his tracks he was wise enough.

I just don't think carrying a gun into a boozer is the most sensible thing to do.

Dunno about that, the price of a pint has made me consider the notion many a time.

Wish you'd stop throwing out all these names - you're really making me work tonight looking them all up :rofl-lol: Bernardo I will look up when I've eaten, slept & woken in the morning. Hope the toll from this does not rise while I'm asleep. :(

Guest Len B'stard

Wish you'd stop throwing out all these names - you're really making me work tonight looking them all up :rofl-lol: Bernardo I will look up when I've eaten, slept & woken in the morning. Hope the toll from this does not rise while I'm asleep. :(

Look up Bernardo, he's PROPER mental..

IanBrady_1799456c.jpg

Brady

yorkshire-ripper-peter-sutcliffe-237942490.jpg

Sutcliffe

bernardo3-sized.jpg

Bernardo

I'd LOVEEEE to fight Brady...Dear God, the fun i'd have...be bouncing the fuckin' cunt off the walls all fuckin' night, sick cunt..just his face in that fuckin' picture winds me up, smug cunt..

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

When will it be ok to joke about the irony of the situation?

ps

Sad story though.

5 killed and 33 injured in a blown up bus in Bulgaria yesterday. Nobody seems to give a shit.

if we're on that, people are dying every day in Afghanistan and Iraq and Kashmir...no one gives a shit. Still pretty tragic though. I've pretty much come to accept that life on that side of the world is worth less...or worthless to some eyes. Sad fact.

Edited by sugaraylen

Yeah I'm sure it made some headlines.

I mean just in general, when shit like that happens, you will rarely see a post on a forum discussing it. And I'm sure we'll hear about this shooting for a week at least from now on, on a large scale. The Bulgarian thing is already forgotten.

(Not to take anything away from this tragedy, obviously)

Yeah I'm sure it made some headlines.

I mean just in general, when shit like that happens, you will rarely see a post on a forum discussing it. And I'm sure we'll hear about this shooting for a week at least from now on, on a large scale. The Bulgarian thing is already forgotten.

(Not to take anything away from this tragedy, obviously)

That was all your folks yeah? Saw that in the news just before man.