Rockabilly--any fans?

Vincent Vega

I think this must be at least the third time you've made this thread, Miser. I clicked in this forum and when I saw this thread I thought it was an old one until I saw it only had one reply.

Anyway, it's cool when I'm in the mood for it. Pretty much ditto on what Real McCoy said, although I wouldn't go so far as to say Stray Cats are one of my favorite groups but I do like them a lot.

I think this must be at least the third time you've made this thread, Miser. I clicked in this forum and when I saw this thread I thought it was an old one until I saw it only had one reply.

Anyway, it's cool when I'm in the mood for it. Pretty much ditto on what Real McCoy said, although I wouldn't go so far as to say Stray Cats are one of my favorite groups but I do like them a lot.

My dad raised me on the Stray Cats. They're in my blood as is the genre in general.

Reverend Horton Heat

/thread

But really, check out the Rev. His early stuff is more psychobilly and his more recent stuff is a bit more traditional rockabilly, but it's all fun music. He's also a shit-hot guitarist - as good if not better than Brian Setzer.

Reverend Horton Heat

/thread

But really, check out the Rev. His early stuff is more psychobilly and his more recent stuff is a bit more traditional rockabilly, but it's all fun music. He's also a shit-hot guitarist - as good if not better than Brian Setzer.

"Better than Brian Setzer" is a mortal sin in my book.

:)

It just doesn't seem possible, but I'll check the Rev out!

Edited by The Real McCoy

Guest Len B'stard

I always thought Ricky Nelson would be better suited to start country stuff.

And FUCK ME, Eddie Cochran is the man!! Christ, i don't get how the world doesn't love that fuckin' guy, literally every fuckin' track is pure gold. Listen to Jeanie Jeanie Jeanie, THAT is fuckin' rock n roll

Imagine a live band laying into that fuckin song! Joe Strummer wanted to be Eddie Cochran. But Mean When I'm Mad, Nervous Breakdown, Twenty Flight Rock, Summertime Blues, C'mon Everybody, Three Steps to Heaven, Sittin' in the Balcony...and whats that one that goes come on baby to a drive in show, i know just the very place to go, i'll be over pick you up at 8, this will be our very first date, that one, fuckin' brilliant.

LOVE Eddie Cochran with a passion.

I always thought Ricky Nelson would be better suited to start country stuff.

And FUCK ME, Eddie Cochran is the man!! Christ, i don't get how the world doesn't love that fuckin' guy, literally every fuckin' track is pure gold. Listen to Jeanie Jeanie Jeanie, THAT is fuckin' rock n roll

Imagine a live band laying into that fuckin song! Joe Strummer wanted to be Eddie Cochran. But Mean When I'm Mad, Nervous Breakdown, Twenty Flight Rock, Summertime Blues, C'mon Everybody, Three Steps to Heaven, Sittin' in the Balcony...and whats that one that goes come on baby to a drive in show, i know just the very place to go, i'll be over pick you up at 8, this will be our very first date, that one, fuckin' brilliant.

LOVE Eddie Cochran with a passion.

As do I. Eddie rules!