Axl's thoughts on VR

TeeJay410

You've mentioned that Axl liked some of VR, can you elaborate more? What songs did he like? Did he like contraband or Libertad more? What did he think of Scott (outside their mini press battle)?

Side note, it would amuse me greatly of the new band played fall to pieces.

Contraband was the record that Axl and I talked about but thought it still could have been done better. Libertad came out about the same time is Reckless Road so Axl stopped talking to me at the time. I do know that he liked Libertad because I heard it from a common friend. I just don't know what he liked about it.

Contraband was the record that Axl and I talked about but thought it still could have been done better. Libertad came out about the same time is Reckless Road so Axl stopped talking to me at the time. I do know that he liked Libertad because I heard it from a common friend. I just don't know what he liked about it.

Marc, can you please share anything about what Axl specifically liked about Contraband? Any particular song? Did he like Fall To Pieces for example?

Did he talk about VR like they were a rivalry, or felt they were songs that should've been his to do? It sounds like Axl might have lost respect for Slash as a person, but not his playing. Glad he wasn't flat out dismissive about it. You had a pic of Dave Kushner in the book, and goes way back with you guys, but did Axl and Dave ever meet as far as you know? Would've been interesting to see what would've come out of him writing during the UYI era, or if Slash and Duff hadn't left.

Did he talk about VR like they were a rivalry, or felt they were songs that should've been his to do? It sounds like Axl might have lost respect for Slash as a person, but not his playing. Glad he wasn't flat out dismissive about it. You had a pic of Dave Kushner in the book, and goes way back with you guys, but did Axl and Dave ever meet as far as you know? Would've been interesting to see what would've come out of him writing during the UYI era, or if Slash and Duff hadn't left.

Dave was around in High School which ended in 1983 for us. We really didn't see him again until VR. As far as I know Axl never got a chance to meet him.

another proof that axl has really bad musical taste