The "Better music video" - what happened?

phaeryen

I don't think its quite as dramatic as some are trying to make it out to be. Buckethead is featured in the video (if the recent version we have is what was to be brushed up into the official video) and he had long left. Perhaps the band was holding out hope that Finck could be brought back in but he chose not to return.

Thus the band was in a position where two people in the video weren't in the band anymore, plus Brain became a non-touring member. A replacement for Finck, even if found quickly had never been part of the touring band and so couldn't be secreted into the video. It just created a mess which couldn't be solved.

If it was a matter of Axl holding a grudge against Finck for leaving then there was no reason for Finck to be featured at all in the rough version. Lets remember that Axl had already mentioned his likely departure in the chats on the forums around mid-December and the date on the video is end of December. Axl never spoke of Finck in hateful terms and was warm and positive on his playing with the band in 2012. The grudge theory is too weak to work.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the closest NuGNR has come in it's almost 20 years of operation to a single music video is Better.

So now we're rounding 12 years to 20 so we can really pile on teh dramaz? I'm no math major, but "almost 20 years ago" is actually..."almost 1992."

you think 2000 is where nu guns started? read up on your history, boy. ;)

So the closest NuGNR has come in it's almost 20 years of operation to a single music video is Better.

So now we're rounding 12 years to 20 so we can really pile on teh dramaz? I'm no math major, but "almost 20 years ago" is actually..."almost 1992."

Oh I see, you can round down back to 1992 and call it NuGNR, but I can't round up by one or two years? But that was good, deflecting the point and acting all holier than thou as a defense mechanism. :thumbsup::jerkoff:

Oh I see, you can round down back to 1992 and call it NuGNR, but I can't round up by one or two years? But that was good, deflecting the point and acting all holier than thou as a defense mechanism. :thumbsup::jerkoff:

So nu GN'R dates back to 1992? Interesting to know that Slash, Duff and Matt have all been nu GN'R members. :)

nuGNR is still in operation. the year is 2012.

you chose the number 12. deducting 12 from 2012 gives 2000. what you are implying is that the operation of of nuGNR started at 2000.

which is false of course.

you try to make it out like I said nuGNR started 20 years ago.

I didn't.

so give up your little game, you lost bad, boy.

:wub:

you chose the number 12. deducting 12 from 2012 gives 2000. what you are implying is that the operation of of nuGNR started at 2000.

I didn't.

And I quote: "So the closest NuGNR has come in it's almost 20 years of operation to a single music video is Better." Who lost bad again? But alas, we are on a tangent. I'll tuck my tail between my legs and limp off in shaming defeat. :jerkoff:

I didn't.

And I quote: "So the closest NuGNR has come in it's almost 20 years of operation to a single music video is Better." Who lost bad again? But alas, we are on a tangent. I'll tuck my tail between my legs and limp off in shaming defeat. :jerkoff:

Still just had to have the last word eh? came back for one quick last word, then you walk off into the sunset as the victor of the engagement, playing with your penis apparently?

Are you hurting from something i've said earlier? because your style of conversation feels like a whole bunch like a personal attack and almost none of substance matter.

I've got a private mailbox up in here if you really wan't to send some personal insults like you seem to want to.

And if that isn't macho enough for your style, you can also post some of your vicious come backs on my profile.

:hug:

The issue is clearly not Robin leaving as Buckethead is still promoted in the video, and let's face it Robin more or less wrote this song. Axl has also ALWAYS spoke favourably about Finck even after he left the band. I don't see how it could be the fact that DJ isn't in the video either as this could have been done in the same way they took the footage from Buckets time in the band.

The issue is clearly not Robin leaving as Buckethead is still promoted in the video, and let's face it Robin more or less wrote this song. Axl has also ALWAYS spoke favourably about Finck even after he left the band. I don't see how it could be the fact that DJ isn't in the video either as this could have been done in the same way they took the footage from Buckets time in the band.

Robin prob. had something in his contract in regard to NIN, that Axl prob. knew about. I think Axl was fine with it the first time around, but when Finck went to work with Trent again, they were finally getting ready to put the album up and rehearse for the tour. DJ came across as a permanent replacement when Robin left a few years ago, and I doubt DJ wants to give it up, but if something were to happen to him, Axl would prob. be calling Robin. DJ and Nikki have their Sixx AM thing when Nikki's ready to do it, and he's in no rush to pull DJ out of GNR.

Oh yeah, isn't Buckethead in the Chinese Democracy booklet?

I didn't.

Still just had to have the last word eh? came back for one quick last word, then you walk off into the sunset as the victor of the engagement, playing with your penis apparently?

Are you hurting from something i've said earlier? because your style of conversation feels like a whole bunch like a personal attack and almost none of substance matter.

I've got a private mailbox up in here if you really wan't to send some personal insults like you seem to want to.

And if that isn't macho enough for your style, you can also post some of your vicious come backs on my profile.

:hug:

The first nuGNR:

Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven

Original lineup:Axl,Slash,Duff,Izzy,Steven

ole,tracii etc didn't even finish anything goes.

Finishing any songs that will later be part of any releases is -- wait for it -- not a prerequisite for being in a band. And if you actually are in a band, then you are part of a lineup.

Too difficult to comprehend? Read it again, and again, ad nauseum, until pure repetition makes you understand. Here's a helpful tip if you still don't get it: replace "original" with its synonym "earliest" in the sentence and see if you then see the problem.

The sentence will then read "Earliest lineup:Axl,Slash,Duff,Izzy,Steven" which is only correct if you somehow manages to change the fact that Guns N' Roses existed before Duff, Steven and Slash became part of the band

Not this argument again.

The original 5 (Axl,Slash,Izzy,Duff and Steven) are the original Guns N' Roses. They were the one's who released Live Like a Suicide, Appetite for Destruction, and Lies. Tracii Guns, Ole Beich, and Rob Garner have no writing credits (that I know of) to the name Guns N' Roses. They were only a touring band until Slash, Duff, and Steven joined and they began to write songs with Axl and Izzy.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

Finishing any songs that will later be part of any releases is -- wait for it -- not a prerequisite for being in a band. And if you actually are in a band, then you are part of a lineup.

Too difficult to comprehend? Read it again, and again, ad nauseum, until pure repetition makes you understand. Here's a helpful tip if you still don't get it: replace "original" with its synonym "earliest" in the sentence and see if you then see the problem.

The sentence will then read "Earliest lineup:Axl,Slash,Duff,Izzy,Steven" which is only correct if you somehow manages to change the fact that Guns N' Roses existed before Duff, Steven and Slash became part of the band

Was Pete Best your favorite Beatle?

Good one.

Good one.

Where I come from, we talk to our women. We do not drug them with plants.

No, Pete Best is my least favourite Beatle. Why? Are you going to claim Pete Best wasn't a member of The Beatles from 60 to 62? :o

Not this argument again.

The original 5 (Axl,Slash,Izzy,Duff and Steven) are the original Guns N' Roses. They were the one's who released Live Like a Suicide, Appetite for Destruction, and Lies. Tracii Guns, Ole Beich, and Rob Garner have no writing credits (that I know of) to the name Guns N' Roses. They were only a touring band until Slash, Duff, and Steven joined and they began to write songs with Axl and Izzy.

But that "touring band" was actually Guns N' Roses, the same band who would later release all that music you mention. There's just no denying that the earliest lineup - the original lineup - consisted of Axl, Izzy, Tracii, Ole and Rob. *yawn*

GNR was not founded on a technicality.

the band came to be with the original five.

Heh, no, the band "came to be" when the band was founded and received its name. A band doesn't first start when it becomes popular or makes a mark on history, a band starts when a band of musicians decides to play under a specific name. This is absolutely hilarious.